SecureBoxOffice.com

SecureBoxOffice.com has a consumer rating of 2.76 stars from 142 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SecureBoxOffice.com also ranks 31st among Tickets sites. The most common issues with SecureBoxOffice.com are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Their customer service practices are a smokescreen.
  • it took me 3 Days to actually track down the tickets which I never received in the mail !!
How would you rate SecureBoxOffice.com?

“Ticket purchases”

Laura R.
2/2/20

They staff was very friendly, patient and helpful to accommodate us for wheelchair accessible accommodations. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

“Scam”

Mario A.
4/9/20

Horrible company do not used them to purchase tickets! I bought 5 tickets for Cirque Du Sole I got my email with confirmation order number so I can print my tickets ! When i printed my tickets they indicated a price of $ 135.00 each of course with and additional service charge ! When I got my bank statement they billed my card $ 1842.15 dollars that's crasy ! I did file a dispute with my bank they had the nerve to say that the tickets may be above face value ! What can I say I got screwed! Dont use these people.

customer service (24) tickets (85) ticket price (5) credit card company (5) covid 19 (5) 3 times (8) concert tickets (5) service charge (5) face value (5) service fees (3) ticket master (3)
marioa102
April 9th, 2020
jasonq51
February 18th, 2020
Naturally I was in a hurry and wanted to get Vday gifts out of the way. I unfortunately clicked this site which I later noticed had "Ad"
Next to it. Long story short they charged more than 3 times face value. That is their business model. Ultimately I paid over $400 for 4 tickets that would have been about $150 had I coreectly gone to the venues site or true vendor.
This is a DISGUSTING company with an IMMORAL business model.
Buyer beware.
virgilioc5
January 22nd, 2020
Purchased 2 tickets total was $172.Ten days later got a bill from my chase credit card for $288.00...Called them several times and they hung up on me 3 times..Filed a dispute with my bank...SCAM SCAM SCAM..And by the way Chase bank is not the best when it comes to this kind of dispute,
stevem1405
May 9th, 2020
Terrible experience.....I spent $1200 on tickets for an event that has been delayed over a month, no contact, no updates, just talk about we will get you a return when we get a final cancellation. What, they going to hold if for another 6 months?

Couldn't reach a live agent on the phone so user chat....useless, canned responses.

Terrible customer service
robt183
January 13th, 2020
Purchased four tickets to a live production, the website gave every impression that the price was the total for all four tickets when in fact it was for each ticket! With their obscene handling fee of $508 the four tickets ended up costing me $2,800 !! The charges were cleverly positioned on the confirmation where it was easy to miss. Didn't find out until I checked my credit card transactions. A sleezy outfit bordering on a scam!
laurar953
February 2nd, 2020
paulm1463
January 11th, 2020
wish I had read the reviews here before purchasing tickets from this site. Just about triple the box office and you don't know it till its too late and the charges are on your credit card.. How is this allowed!. I'm sure no physical address could be found for this group. They should be in hiding!
samantham603
March 11th, 2020
I bought tickets to a sporting event, nowhere did it say anywhere that we were sitting in a no alcohol section until I had downloaded the actual ticket. When l talked to a customer service representative he pretty much said I was screwed. I asked if I could change them for different tickets and he said no you will just have to sell them.. not impressed!
donnaj245
January 9th, 2020
Did not realize the tix were twice as much as they would have been at venue with a $100. service fee--ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR service fee! This place is a scam. I realized my mistake as soon I saw the total--which was not displayed until AFTER I placed my order. I mean who would think they were paying $200 per ticket to attend a performance at a Texas dance hall?|!?!?! The per ticket price is listed in tiny tiny print. Could not talk to a human beingf--called immediately after my mistaken purchase.
maxs193
April 23rd, 2020
DO NOT use this company for your concert tickets! They will take your payment, promise you tickets two days before the event and offer no contact there after. My event was cancelled and they sent me a message they were CHANGING their policies and only giving STORE CEDIT now, no refunds! In good faith, I overpaid for two tickets plus fees because the Birmingham Stapelton concert was filling up and now they will not refund $500+. Beware FRAUD!
davidk1477
April 29th, 2020
I had tickets to a cancelled concert and contacted them about the refund. First they denied the concert was cancelled despite it being listed as such on both the tour listing and the venue website. They finally admitted that and said they might just give store credits. Finally the money might be coming in the future when they get around to it maybe.
lindaf785
March 2nd, 2020
All I have is a piece of paper I printed after payment... only shows Row W at venue and for the concert and date... no seat number is mentioned for Qty of 2. NOW really worried after reading these reviews... Delivery supposed to be by UPS like a few days before concert??
bobs1149
April 23rd, 2020
bought tickets to cirque soleil. the event was cancelled. after promising a full refund they changed their policy and will only give a credit for future purchase. theives
janicer146
January 21st, 2020
I phone for 4 tickets & the rep told me each ticket was $122. 5 minutes later, I asked for the total. He said the total was $844.76. Then he said he had made a mistake and each ticket was over $200. And there were additional charges of service x 4, and a dowload charge to be able to print out tickets. This place should be investigated by the consumer protection agency because it's usury, and they don't tell you the final price until it's too late. Their customer service practices are a smokescreen.
michaelm3920
January 21st, 2020
Paid double what they said. Can't get tix until day before show. Was on venue site. Why does this site come up.
nunyab79
December 22nd, 2019
These people charfed my husband 250$ for 55$ tickets. Illegal! Need to be shut down. No option to speak to a human when u call.
zacharyp76
May 17th, 2020
We are not very happy with Secure Box Office Refund Policies Dishonest and crooked
I purchased two tickets to a Brad Paisley concert for $473.00. We are excited to see him and are willing to pay this amount for the event. But now the concert was cancelled.
We have been communicating with the Customer Service people at Secure Box Office for a number of weeks. We have been getting a royal runaround. They first said they couldn't find our order we kept providing additional documents to confirm our purchase. Each email they kept saying we didn't purchase tickets. Now have a finally provided them with screenshots of our email address ordered from our invoice and bank charge. Now after weeks of email communication runaround they are saying they can't do refunds and they can only do in store credits. Well sorry we don't need almost $500.00 or t-shirts.
NEVER purchase tickets from this ticket company they are crooks, they are making millions of dollars by not refunding tickets. This is ridicules. From my simple calculations they are keeping over $2,500,000 of fans money. They are in the wrong! Please support me in pushing them to do refunds!
vm96
April 17th, 2020
I am Very disappointed by how they hendled my request to get a refund for two tickets for Styx that was supposed to be in March but was cancelled because of Covid 19 to November and during the working day...
They do not refund money which i found very unprofessional and selfish.
lindaf904
May 30th, 2020
I purchased tickets through secure box office for a play that is not on the venue of the place I purchased the tickets.I called the theater to determine if the play was still going to be shown due to COVID 19 and they informed me that the play was never on the current list of plays at the theater. I can not get hold of anyone at secure box office. I get in this cycle of robo messages on line and on the phone. I have turned this dispute over to my credit card company and hopefully this scam will be resolved.
leylam11
April 24th, 2020
"Online resale ticket exchange TicketNetwork, Inc., and two of its marketing partners, Ryadd, Inc. and SecureBoxOffice, LLC, have settled Federal Trade Commission and State of Connecticut allegations that their advertisements and websites misled consumers into thinking they were buying event tickets from the original venue at face value. Instead, the complaint alleges, the defendants' websites actually were ticket reseller sites with event tickets often priced above the venue's original price." Source: ftc.gov, July 24, 2014. This happened to me when I bought tickets for Lady Gaga. What showed up on my credit card was not what I paid for when I purchased the tickets. Then when it was cancelled SecureBoxOffice emailed that they'd give a refund and then followed up with a decision to give a coupon (credit) instead. I tried calling customer service, was sent into a spiral of recordings and then disconnected after holding for 35 minutes. FYI, I thought I was buying tickets through Ticketmaster and somehow got routed to SecureBoxOffice - beware of this too!
garyc761
April 20th, 2020
I received an email notifying me of a cancelled event I purchased tickets for. The email stated I would receive a refund in 2 to 4 weeks. After 5 weeks I contacted them via live chat. I was told they could not give me a date for a refund under the current circumstances with the COVID 19 issue. They explained they have to be refunded in order for me to be refunded.
I made the agreement with Secure Box Office and I expect a refund from them regardless of them getting refunded. Small Claims Court and social media are my only options at this point.
crystalf76
December 11th, 2019
Buyer Beware! This site is a SCAM! They charged me $2654.00 for tickets that were supposed to cost $200! Then they provide your credit card company with phony disclosures claiming you walked through the fee process! All the 4-5 star reviews on this merchant are made up to boost the rating!
anac223
April 23rd, 2020
Purchased 2 tickets online to J. Osteen's event in NY on 5/2/2020. Event cancelled due to pandemic. Informed refund credited back to card in 2-4 weeks. Today, nformed no refund. Instead, a coupon for future event.
marleenr2
February 12th, 2020
I looked into buying tickets which would have cost a total of $ 608. But I could not see what the service fee would be. However, when I looked carefully, I saw that I was offered the option of insuring my acquisition which suggested the total would be $ 778: a fee of $170! So I did not buy the tickets.
danitap9
January 6th, 2020
I wanted to find out where the email was to download my tickets to the Bristol Nascar race April 20 20. I never received the original email that allowed me to download my tickets. Charlie sent me a new email immediately after our conversation. And my email indicated that I could download my tickets as he promised. Thank you Charlie I'm going to have a great time at the races.

This site is a SCAM! They significantly up-charge the face value of tickets and make a profit.

By Crystal F.