Review of Seamless

1065 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10018

jennyv21
3/30/18

Got charges from them in my credit card even when I don't live in the US and have never given them with my credit card information. They won't let people outside the US to access their website or interact with them, even if they charge their credit cards which I wonder how they get in the first place. Fraudsters!

porscheb
3/24/18

They used to be okay. Their service has deteriorated and continues to. This is an understatement. I had to write a review to co-sign the other negative / one star reviews. I have experienced many of the same things as the other reviewers. They dont value the customer / users.

sg115
11/22/17

Food did not arrive and it has been over 2 hours since placing the order. NEVER USING THEM EVER AGAIN

eduardoc28
10/20/17

Seamless offered a 50% off coupon through an email if I downloaded the app and made an order, which I did but the coupon never arrived. I emailed them and got no response. I chatted with their customer "support" and got no help, then I called them and got no help either... They asked me to send another email.... It looks like a scam to get people to download the app. Looking forward to get this solved but they are not giving me the time I wasted on this back.

andiep
8/15/17

I have ordered from here many times always hoping to have a better experience the next time. I can't tell you how many times I have gone hungry waiting for these people.

jessical192
7/3/17

The driver did not deliver my order, despite being in our parking lot. I missed the phone call alerting me to his being on his way but instead of, after already having paid for the order and waiting in the office for the delivery, he did not even try to come in to the building or up to the suite to deliver the order. THAT IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO DELIVER. So, he left with my food and they refuse to refund my money or re-deliver the original order. Sounds like a load of crap! Especially when it has already been paid for. If i buy office supplies and I am not in the office, the delivery guy still comes in and delivers. He does not call me from downstairs and because i'm not in just doesn't deliver the package. DO NOT USE SEAMLESS OR GRUBHUB! They are the exact same company, same problem, same lazy idiots working for them.

michellew180
4/19/17

I've tried twice & I'm done. The first time part of my order was missing & zero utensils included (I was at a hotel & needed them). The second time, I applied discount code from first time & checked out for $37. I saw on an email later that I was charged an upcharge of $2 for my request of spicy mayo (I didn't authorize this charge after my card was initially processed!). My total was then $46 & some change. I called customer service to dispute the upcharge & the new total. After being on hold for 18 mins I was told I must have missed where I agreed to any changes if I typed under special instructions. And the discount code hasn't applied, but it should fall off in 24 hours. Yeah, let's hope that's the case!! I'm done with this terrible company!!

kc161
3/29/17

I have used Seamless occasionally over the last year with little complaint (i.e.: delivery person didn't follow instructions to access premises) but in recent months, this service has gone way down. The estimated delivery times are laughable, expect to add another 30-45 minutes to the wait.

This time around, there was a dispatch problem with the delivery person, which was only found out after I called Seamless when the online tracker pushed the delivery time back by 30 minutes. The representative said a new delivery person was dispatched and my order would arrive soon after. WRONG -- 10 minutes later, I get a text that the order was cancelled.

Seamless could not explain the error, only send a $5 coupon on my next order. My next order??? You can barely get an appetizer with $5! Goes to show how much Seamless values its customers. They can consider themselves fired.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

robertl263
3/23/17

Corporate website is the single most awful piece of garbage. It is plagued with random bugs that prevent your order from going through.Not only this, but if your order is cancelled for whatever reason, seamless will hold you money hostage so you cannot order again until you manage to call through to them only after being transferred by their support 3-4 times.

mikeo58
2/12/17

December 7th someone hacked my account and changed my login info and email address to itsforyagirl at gmail and placed 4 deliveries. I saw the email saying my login was changed so I called the number on the email to report the fraud and have the account cancelled. They said they will send it to the fraud department to cancel it. I called my cc company and they reversed the charges by the end of December and cancelled the card. A month and a half later the cc company put the charges back on...I called Seamless to see if they knew why which they were of no help, but they did tell me the account is still active, they did not cancel it!!! My name and address is still on this stolen account and yagirl still has access to it but I do not. I asked for the addresses the food was delivered to in December...one was in Massachusetts and the others were in NY...I live in the Chicago suburbs!!! Seamless/Grub Hub couldnt care less about your personal information or fraud, the guy at Seamless told me with all the money they earn, its not worth investigating the fraud!!! OK, that is fine, but why is my stolen account still active???

dinal5
2/4/17

$70 and no food, we counted on your service for a nice saterday fun dinner .........
called SEAMLESS SAID WOULD CALL ME BACK, RESTAURANT DID NOT GET ORDER UNTIL IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ????
STILL do not have food and your representative never called me back.
1 hr late and no sign of delivery

cherh5
11/26/16

Last night I ordered through Seamless from a restaurant that according to their website was open for another 45 minutes. I received a confirmation email with estimated delivery time. My food never arrived, and when I called the restaurant approximately 10 minutes before their closing time to check on the order no one answered the phone. I contacted the restaurant today to complain and request a refund and was told that they had shortened hours due to the holiday weekend, and that Seamless had been informed of this so therefore my order should not have been able to be placed. I then contacted Seamless and their rep confirmed that in fact the restaurant had advised them of the change in their hours, so she didn't know why that happened.

If this had been the first or even second time this had happened to me with Seamless I would not be compelled to seek out a place to write a negative review about them, but this has now happened three or more times. There are also several restaurants that come up as being within my delivery area that do not deliver to me (I found this out an hour after placing the order when it never showed up), and even one or two that only offer pickup that Seamless has allowed me to place a delivery order with. Given the size of Seamless/GrubHub, I find it unacceptable that they do not have a system in place to confirm that the restaurant has received the order, and that the order is delivered within the promised timeframe. If they were truly interested in providing an excellent service they would put these checks in place and refuse to allow restaurants who do not adhere to acceptable service standards to work with them. I can only assume that their business is lucrative enough that they don't feel they need to go the extra mile to ensure their users are actually happy.

And - not that I asked for any type of accommodation, coupon etc. for my troubles but it certainly wasn't offered up either. In each of these cases I took the time to voice my frustration over the situation, only to be told by customer service that they did not know why it happened and that they "do apologize for the inconvenience". I find it to be very poor form that they never proactively offer you some sort of gesture in good faith to show that they value your business and want to keep you coming back to them. Perhaps if I had demanded something they would have given it, but that's just not my style.

Seamless clearly does not care about their customers and this will likely not change as long as they are doing well. I for one will not be ordering from them again.

ellenc39
10/15/16

Mexican Culture is a really great restaurant, especially for orders in. Its chicken mole was the best I've eaten in years, and other things like tamales the same. It is very reasonably priced and orders are delivered incredibly quickly. I recommend it without hesitation.

ronaldl19
7/10/15

Firstly, their customer service is deplorable at best. They only have people there to say no or we cant help, or it's your fault.

I ordered atomic wings for lunch for pickup. When i ordered it said my discount was applied and all was good. When i looked at my account they charged me the total amount! When i called to get it sorted out (as any legitimate business would do in this instance) they said well that store specific coupon is only for first time users. Im like, but the coupon said applied. It even showed me the total amount of my order with the discount(i even printed this) then went on to charge me the total amount. Even if the coupon was for first time users only, supposedly, the website that's owned by grubhub/seamless cannot differentiate between a valid and invalid coupon! So your telling me a completely web based business can't even do that remotely right? They told me and quote "you should've read the small print, we're smart enough to put that". I was so outraged i had to just say good day, end the convo, then proceed to call chase and dispute the charge. Just save your time and do that because that's the only way you'll get any money out of them.

mell114
8/19/14

I love Seamless! Both the app and website are user friendly and simple. The customer support is also great, even though I have rarely needed them.

tomm830
5/26/14

Love those guys. Help me out every time my fridge is empty!

stephanieh19
10/6/13

If there's ever a problem they respond quickly as all good customer service departments should. Though, I've rarely had an issue with them.

jennyl16
11/30/12

bunch of schemers... they tell you to use a coupon code and then it doesn't work because they apply a coupon of a lesser value to the order prior to. and there is no way you can remove the coupon.

bellac3
11/27/12

It's not updated at all, placed an order once to find out that the dish was no longer on the menus... Really disappointed.

40 minute wait. Longer then the time the food was supposed to take, so not good.

By Kris R.
Questions? Get answers from the Seamless staff and other customers.

Seamless?