Review of Seamless

1065 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10018

dinal5
2/4/17

$70 and no food, we counted on your service for a nice saterday fun dinner .........
called SEAMLESS SAID WOULD CALL ME BACK, RESTAURANT DID NOT GET ORDER UNTIL IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE ????
STILL do not have food and your representative never called me back.
1 hr late and no sign of delivery

cherh5
11/26/16

Last night I ordered through Seamless from a restaurant that according to their website was open for another 45 minutes. I received a confirmation email with estimated delivery time. My food never arrived, and when I called the restaurant approximately 10 minutes before their closing time to check on the order no one answered the phone. I contacted the restaurant today to complain and request a refund and was told that they had shortened hours due to the holiday weekend, and that Seamless had been informed of this so therefore my order should not have been able to be placed. I then contacted Seamless and their rep confirmed that in fact the restaurant had advised them of the change in their hours, so she didn't know why that happened.

If this had been the first or even second time this had happened to me with Seamless I would not be compelled to seek out a place to write a negative review about them, but this has now happened three or more times. There are also several restaurants that come up as being within my delivery area that do not deliver to me (I found this out an hour after placing the order when it never showed up), and even one or two that only offer pickup that Seamless has allowed me to place a delivery order with. Given the size of Seamless/GrubHub, I find it unacceptable that they do not have a system in place to confirm that the restaurant has received the order, and that the order is delivered within the promised timeframe. If they were truly interested in providing an excellent service they would put these checks in place and refuse to allow restaurants who do not adhere to acceptable service standards to work with them. I can only assume that their business is lucrative enough that they don't feel they need to go the extra mile to ensure their users are actually happy.

And - not that I asked for any type of accommodation, coupon etc. for my troubles but it certainly wasn't offered up either. In each of these cases I took the time to voice my frustration over the situation, only to be told by customer service that they did not know why it happened and that they "do apologize for the inconvenience". I find it to be very poor form that they never proactively offer you some sort of gesture in good faith to show that they value your business and want to keep you coming back to them. Perhaps if I had demanded something they would have given it, but that's just not my style.

Seamless clearly does not care about their customers and this will likely not change as long as they are doing well. I for one will not be ordering from them again.

ellenc39
10/15/16

Mexican Culture is a really great restaurant, especially for orders in. Its chicken mole was the best I've eaten in years, and other things like tamales the same. It is very reasonably priced and orders are delivered incredibly quickly. I recommend it without hesitation.

ronaldl19
7/10/15

Firstly, their customer service is deplorable at best. They only have people there to say no or we cant help, or it's your fault.

I ordered atomic wings for lunch for pickup. When i ordered it said my discount was applied and all was good. When i looked at my account they charged me the total amount! When i called to get it sorted out (as any legitimate business would do in this instance) they said well that store specific coupon is only for first time users. Im like, but the coupon said applied. It even showed me the total amount of my order with the discount(i even printed this) then went on to charge me the total amount. Even if the coupon was for first time users only, supposedly, the website that's owned by grubhub/seamless cannot differentiate between a valid and invalid coupon! So your telling me a completely web based business can't even do that remotely right? They told me and quote "you should've read the small print, we're smart enough to put that". I was so outraged i had to just say good day, end the convo, then proceed to call chase and dispute the charge. Just save your time and do that because that's the only way you'll get any money out of them.

mell114
8/19/14

I love Seamless! Both the app and website are user friendly and simple. The customer support is also great, even though I have rarely needed them.

tomm830
5/26/14

Love those guys. Help me out every time my fridge is empty!

stephanieh19
10/6/13

If there's ever a problem they respond quickly as all good customer service departments should. Though, I've rarely had an issue with them.

jennyl16
11/30/12

bunch of schemers... they tell you to use a coupon code and then it doesn't work because they apply a coupon of a lesser value to the order prior to. and there is no way you can remove the coupon.

bellac3
11/27/12

It's not updated at all, placed an order once to find out that the dish was no longer on the menus... Really disappointed.

40 minute wait. Longer then the time the food was supposed to take, so not good.

By Kris R.
Questions? Get answers from the Seamless staff and other customers.

Seamless?