Sainsbury's

Sainsbury's has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 16 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Sainsbury's also ranks 21st among Department Store sites. The most common issues with Sainsbury's are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Sainsbury's?

“Its SALE time!!”

TA S.
2/9/16

Brilliant just popped into Sainsbury's today mainly to get cat food but I always cannot resist looking at the sale rails. Love this because they hang everything according to size although you do have to look for rogue items on the wrong hangars now and then. Bargain I got two little jackets half price. Perfect for work or casual. Two good quality jackets total price £25 pair. You just couldn't get these deals in other stores. The jackets are lined and well cut. Well done Sainsbury's keep it up. Very happy shopper.

“First and last delivery.”

James H.
7/17/20

I ordered delivery from Sainsburys online. Never again. For the premium prices you pay, one would assume you get premium service. Not true. It started when the delivery arrived. The groceries were obviously packed by an idiot. My bread was in the bottom of a bag with loads of tins thrown in on top. Needless to say my bread was smashed. Someone's beer bottles had broken, soaking everything in beer. My groceries were carelessly thrown around, evident by containers that were damaged and opened. With the virus around, I won't eat anything opened. When I called sainsburys to get a refund for the damaged items, I waited on the phone for FORTY SIX MINUTES before I was able to speak to someone, only for them to tell me that I should have refused the delivery. The person on the phone also suggested that I wasn't being truthful about the six items that were damaged and unacceptable. I was completely gob smacked by the treatment. After arguing for several minutes, the person finally said she would have someone call for my bank details to process the refund. I never received a call and never got my £12 refund. In complete contrast, Tesco is less expensive, and if I have a problem, I call and it's sorted in less than ten minutes. I'm not endorsing Tesco in this review. I'm just showing how other, less expensive stores, treat their customers.

tas216
February 9th, 2016

You just couldn't get these deals in other stores.
The jackets are lined and well cut.
Well done Sainsbury's keep it up.
Very happy shopper.
janetj31
June 3rd, 2019
I went to Hedge End Sainsburys. Granted they are moving the store around, but surely this shouldn't affect the freshness of their fruits and vegetables? Most of the vegetables looked very close to their use by date. I stood by the banana section whilst a guy was replacing the bananas. I waited for a minute and a half before I asked if he could move his trolley so I could select some bananas - he did this most ungraciously and left me only a small gap to squeeze through. Wonderful service, thanks. All this is not conducive to shopping there again.
garyh132
July 5th, 2016
Some very good products, But a little bit expensive
zhangl2
December 18th, 2015
never had a problem,staff are friendly and the service is good
jimmyr27
August 27th, 2015
had our same driver for last 18 months delivering the food, always good experience
carolynm70
November 24th, 2016
Last week I was in sainsbury's and fancied shepherd's pie, so I bought a taste the difference pie, it was different.......big carton, half full of mashed potato,gravy,carrots,NO Meat,just slop,
that will teach me, not to buy ready meals and make my own shepherds pie like I usually do.
jamesh2651
July 17th, 2020
lesleye
January 11th, 2011
With this review, i'm not talking groceries as i've never had them on-line from here.
I ordered some curtains which were in the sale at a great price. Delivery was fast and as we spent over £50 we got free delivery. The only issue i have is that you can get delivery to your local store if they are part of the Click and Collect service however, despite having 3 big shops near me, none of them were part of it. So when it came to returning a couple of items, i had to take them to a post office
which just happened to be right opposite a big Sainsburys!
Apart from that the curtains were well made and a great price.
emmah15
June 28th, 2013
staff were very helpful instore and the products are great.
willemd5
December 28th, 2019
Be extremely wary of using the online store of this dishonest company.
Their claim that you will never be worse off due to their "Substitution promise" is a complete lie. The replacements they send generally cost less in total meaning you are not refunded, but the unit cost is much higher than the original item you ordered. For instance, if you buy 2 packs of 16 tablets which cost 19p per tablet they will send you 2 packs of 10 tablets as substitute, even though the cost per tablet is then 30p making it much more expensive.
andyw81
December 9th, 2017
Whilst passing through 4 members of staff milling around to join the lengthy queue for self checkout....at this moment in time i should point out that i would rather deal with a person...i looked for carrier bags of which i required 2....how easy would it be to have bags available hand as opposed to being passed out by a member of staff who is dealing with 6 machines half of which are screaming please seek assistance repeatedly!!!!!
I am sure the other bemused customers the same as myself would much rather deal with a human being as opposed to screaming machines and a obviously stressed member of staff who is trying to do the work of 6!!!!!
Sort it out sainsburys!!!!
jessib2
November 5th, 2015
Rather go to the store everything I order tends to be out of stock, even though it's fine at the time I order it, it's like once I ordered a razor and it was out of stock so they came with cartridges really omg, it's overpriced for the quality aswell as some of the food packaging comes dented

Tip for consumers: Go to the store instead at least you know what your getting

nathank1
October 13th, 2013
ordered an item in november 2011 which yodel claimed they tried to deliver twice but no card left. then it was delivered for a third time, to a neighbor i don';t even know. i never got the item and sainsbury's refused to refund. i contacted them 10 times before i gave up. never order from them,
marka124
November 16th, 2015
always of a a high standard of delivery, thanks geoff!
pierrel17
December 3rd, 2014
I love this place, there is everything. Most of all, I love the meal deal, this is perfect to eat well for a good price !
anthonyj5
October 27th, 2011

Questions? Get answers from the Sainsbury's staff and other customers.

Shop online at Sainsbury's for everything from groceries and clothing to homewares, electricals and more. We also offer a great range of financial services. Live well for less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sainsbury's?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

3.0
Have a question about Sainsbury's?