RideOnCars.co.uk

RideOnCars.co.uk

RideOnCars.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.84 stars from 31 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. RideOnCars.co.uk also ranks 5th among Go Karts sites. The most common issues with RideOnCars.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Called customer service who were so unhelpful told me if I wanted to return I would have to do so at my own cost!
How would you rate RideOnCars.co.uk?

“Overall very pleased and would use again”

Lisa C.
8/20/19

I got my kids one of the battery powered cars each for Christmas last year, a white C class for my daughter and a red one for my son. They look great and all the features are brilliant. The boot at the back and the seatbelts are a nice realistic addition. Pricing was very reasonable and speedy delivery. Overall very pleased and would use again.

“***AVOID AT ALL COSTS*****”

nick S.
9/16/20

Very bad customer service. Awful quality. Save your money. Phone lines dont work. Once they have taken your money they dont care

customer service (6)
nicks849
September 16th, 2020
Very bad customer service. Awful quality.
rashig1
December 6th, 2019
A faulty piece was given to us and taken back for repair. Company is not returning the product and when our courier goes for pick up it says that there is no car. Company is fake and action should be taken against company
jimb49
June 28th, 2013
Car was not delivered on time even though there was a big lead time. Got different colour instead. Stickers were falling off and car was dirty and one of the wheels was very scratched (used?). Not recomended (don't ever believe onsite testimonials - there is no leagl obligation to tell the truth - I checked with ad standards)
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I can confirm that all new items are held separately from returns, and are dispatched from a dedicated warehouse. Certainly an incorrect item will always be collected and replaced with sincere apologies (and usually a goodwill gesture too!). With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
elizabethb239
November 5th, 2017
Arrived when stated and in very good condition very loud and hopefully my daughter will like it on christmas day only let down was the number plate you'd expect for the product a plastic number plate but they send you sticker so I've now got to go out buy my daughter a plastic number plate for her car but overall I'm very happy with the car had me a bit frightened when i read so many reviews about peoples car driving damaged but i am pleased to say my daughters car is in wonderful condition so i would recommend this site to other people
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your item. With regard to the numberplates, unfortunately for safety reasons we are unable to provide plastic numberplates for these items - the concern is that they may become detached and cause a hazard when the car is being driven. As a result, we make clear on our website that the numberplates are made from high quality self-adhesive vinyl, and are weatherproof for up to seven years. I hope that helps - please do contact us should you have any other queries regarding your purchase. Thank you again for your recommendation, and I hope that your daughter loves her Christmas present! With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
saygune
January 10th, 2019
I agree to the rest! Completely SCAM company!
Received a non working car! Its been weeks still cant get hold of anyone from the company DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am very sorry to hear you have had a negative experience with us. I am not sure why you have not been able to contact us, but e-mail is usually the quickest way to get a response. All our contact details, including e-mail and postal address, are listed in the 'contact us' section of our website. Please be assured we are not a scam company. We are a small company, but have been trading since 2006 and each of our customers is genuinely important to us. Our company registration details (including VAT and Companies House registration numbers) can also be found on our website. I hope this helps to allay your fears - please do drop us an e-mail with full details of your problem (including photographs where necessary) and we will be delighted to advise further. With all best regards, Julie.
lisac910
August 20th, 2019
jodiec33
March 19th, 2018
The car did not turn up and after ringing the number the week before with it ringing out a week later the number was cut off I have had to get I touch with trading standards to try and fight and get my money back I have tried to contact them by email and there was no reply and after telling them I had got in touch its trading standards they then replied with the same message I had received this company does not communicate at all and should be stopped from selling do not buy from this company take my advise else your child will be very disappointed and so will you
dafnac
August 20th, 2019
Found the perfect electric car for my granddaughter at a really good price and ordered it. Absolutely delighted with it when it arrived and was very impressed with speed of delivery. Very impressed with the range on this site including price range too. I will certainly recommend to family and friends.
katieg126
August 1st, 2019
Great little gift and easy enough to assemble. My god daughter zooms around on this constantly smiling and laughing, although she has not mastered the skill of steering as of yet which makes the parental remote control come in very handy when driving around inside the house
utopiam
July 8th, 2017
Went to put it together parts missing paid for a customised number plate that didn't come parts were broken it's a total scam and it was for my daughters 1st birthday I'm heartbroken
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am sorry to hear you've had problems with your order. I can confirm that the personalised numberplates are sent separately and should arrive with your normal post - this is stated on our site. Any broken parts will always be replaced - please do contact us at sales@rideoncars.co.uk and we'll gladly assist. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
natashab99
July 31st, 2019
Spent £129 on an Audi which looked great and you could even play music in. Amazing product and definitely worth the money!
samr85
April 26th, 2016
Ordered a for my little boys first birthday. And as per previous reviews, turned up dirty, parts missing and actually the car itself was broken. Called customer service who were so unhelpful told me if I wanted to return I would have to do so at my own cost! Managed to get that changed and they used their own corner to pick up 2 weeks after the package was delivered to them they still haven't processed my refund. Start to finish was awful. Please don't think this is a British company as the only British bit is the owners, it's imported cheap from chine and not even quality checked just sent on to us. The website is misleading. Luckily a company called kidscarsdirect.com saved the day and I wish I had gone to them first as they got it right first time! Please AVOID rideoncars.co.uk
margaretb137
March 15th, 2018
Had to contact the company via email as there was no tracking information provided. The company however did respond immediately and provided the tracking number. However when the car arrived it had no protective packaging, looked very cheap and was covered in dust. I did not even remove it from the box. I immediately called my bank and emailed ride in cars(tigris toys) that I was returning the product. I did so within an hour but had to pay for this myself. I received my money a couple of days after they had received the goods.
If returning the goods ensure to take photos of the condition it arrived in and attach to email. Follow their instructions to a T. Provide the tracking info. I even attached photos if the post office receipts.
Ending up buying from Halfords. Would never use them again.
Only scored a 3 for prompt reply to emails
petera110
March 28th, 2017
Product had a fault from day one and various means were tried to correct the fault. (Sending replacement parts, asking me to reset the remote and the vehicle etc) After roughly 2 months they asked me to return the product. I advised that I hadn't kept the packaging but was told that was fine, just pack it as best as I can. The vehicle was wrapped in bubble wrap and returned (they arranged collection) after a week I had not heard anything so I sent an email asking if they had received it. I then received a very abrupt email saying the car was damaged beyond repair, their courier would not accept responsibility and it was my fault for not packing it more securely. I told them I would be taking it up with my bank and suddenly their attitude changed and they offered me 50% refund. My bank upheld my claim and refunded the entire purchase price.

I would advise people to pay a little bit more and get it from Toys R us or Smythes as at least you have recourse to return a faulty item. It sounds like this company tries everything it can to prevent you from returning the goods so that they don't have to give you a refund, and then when the timescale expires you don't have a leg to stand on. The price might be attractive but you get what you pay for.
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am very sorry to hear that you had a problem with returns. We are a registered company and our policies are fully compliant with the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Any item that is reported as faulty will be eligible for return and full refund, as long as the customer reports the fault within 30 days of receipt. This applies even if the timescale subsequently expires, so there can be no question of deliberate delays to prevent refunds. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
johna762
December 24th, 2017
• Updated review
Yes you promised parts would be here by Wednesday? Nothing thanks for ruining my daughters Xmas. Arseholes
Awful and bad service *no stars awful
December 18th, 2017
• Previous review
This company is a disgrace DO NOT BUY ANYTHING! I ordered a black Audi from them it arrived with no protective packaging and parts missing and broken, rang up to get replaced and they said no! What sort of company is this! THIS IS A WEEK BEFORE XMAS! My Daughters present is totally a mess up
staceyt138
August 14th, 2019
I bought a motorbike for my younger cousin in April and I've never seen him so excited he loves riding around on it. He still uses it all the time so money well spent! It came quickly and in the time that had been advised. Highly recommend buying from here!
leighm39
August 15th, 2017
Unfortunately I cannot give this company no stars or I would be. After having such a bad service I came online to find some information about the company, I was horrified after reading some of the reviews and shocked that this company is still trading. I ordered a 12v ride on car for my sons 2nd birthday, we received it very quickly which was probably the only good thing this company has done. After opening the cardboard box there was no bubble wrap or any packaging protecting the car, problem number one. The car has scuffs scratches and dents, huge dents on the doors. I was so upset. Contacted the company via the contact us form which stated they would get back to us within 4 working hours (of course this wasn't the case). After a week of emails from us we finally received an email stating: The best solution would be for us to return the car to them and for a refund to be processed as they cannot 100% guarantee the replacement item would not have any damage. I mean what kind of company is this! The car looks like I've brought it 2nd hand from shpock! Now I am furious. Found a number online (I will leave this below) and spoke to a guy who didn't really care about my wasted time and the fact that I was so annoyed with their customer service or lack of, not once was I apologised to for this disgusting service I was just told I am more than welcome for having my time wasted. So now I am waiting on a return label which he kindly reminded me that I wouldn't have to pay for! Excuse me but what did they want a thank you? I then have to package the car up and take it to a ups drop off point, another inconvenience. Once they have received it I will get a refund within 3 days. Luckily I have been organised this year and have some time left to find a reliable reputable company to order my little ones present from. Please please do not use this company they are very unreliable very hard to get hold of and cannot guarantee your child will get the item you have paid for in immaculate condition, something which really annoys me. Do not contact them via the number in their website as you will not get an answer, they trade as Tigristoys.co.uk and their number is 01242 808375. I hope this helps someone who have also been frauded by this awful company.
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am genuinely sorry to read your review. Our staff do aim to respond to all e-mails within four working hours of receipt and I can only apologise that there was a day's delay in this instance. I can confirm your e-mail was received on Thursday and my colleague rang on Friday, then followed up with a written response on Monday. In view of your strong dissatisfaction with the item, we had no problem with accepting a return for refund. We also arranged for the item to be returned at our cost. I must note that we will not tolerate abuse towards our staff and ask that should you have further contact with us, you do so with courtesy. Thank you for your custom and I am sorry we were unable to please you on this occasion. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
nikkyl
December 29th, 2015
Absolutely disgusting customer service. I ordered a car for my daughter came the next day as promised when opened, there was 4 screws to put it together. I rang them they sent me a replacement screw pack out which said I had to put hub caps on the wheels, which you couldn't as the wheels had to be screwed on with buttons. When I went to put it together there was wires showing under the steering wheel. I eventually put the car together put it on charge for it to work for 2 days and now not work I've tried calling since the 21st to contact and got no reply it's a joke. Would not recommended it at all
tinag32
September 8th, 2015
I bought a car for my sons birthday and when it came and i set it up it did not work! I emailed Ride on cars and had to go through a whole rigmarole of procedures to verify it wasn't working all of this had to be done by email as you wasn't allowed to speak to anyone direct! I then requested a refund as I was within the timescale and the car was faulty! They sent a courier to collect and then I waited a week and emailed asking where is my refund! They said that they had to have it tested by there staff at the warehouse! I then receive and email with pictures and a video attached saying that the car was working and that I had used the car! The pictures and video were not the same car I had been sent as it was never used and did not work/move! They only gave me a partial refund on these grounds so I got back less what I actually paid for the car! I wish I had read the feedback before purchase, I would never have bought anything from them and I can see its a regular scam that they do! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM THEY ARE FRAUDS
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
Please be assured that we are a registered company (number 09038100). Our items are fully checked and certified as safe for use within the EU. These checks are independently carried out by Trading Standards. Our policies are fully compliant with the Consumer Contracts Regulations. If you wish to discuss your specific case further, you can still contact us at sales@rideoncars.co.uk. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
tarab139
July 29th, 2019
Brilliant product - I got a mini motorbike for my nephew and he is very happy with me, he absolutely loves it!
immig
August 27th, 2019
Couldn't be happier with the service. Ordered the trampoline late Sunday night and it was delivered Tuesday. My 4 year old absolutely loves his birthday present and I'm sure he will have lots of fun for years to come
neesam
January 20th, 2014
I bought a pedal Go-Kart for my sons Christmas present. Regretfully I opened to assemble it on Christmas Eve to find that pieces were missing and extra nuts and screws and other bits that weren't mentioned in the instructions, were present. The instructions were ineligible, spelling mistakes and generally didn't make sense. When the Go-Kart was complete it was far from safe, really bad workmanship, the pieces didn't fit well and kept coming loose the brakes didn't work and popped out all the time. Completely ruined Christmas surprise. I messaged and messaged rideoncars.co.uk to get a reply from Jesse saying I wouldn't get a refund because it was after the 7 day purchase. This message was given a month after my initial complaint. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am sorry to read your above review. I can confirm that all our items are rigorously checked and certified as safe for use within the EU - these checks are made by Trading Standards and all our items are independently certified. In the event that any pieces are broken or missing, we will absolutely send replacements as required. The colleague you mention is no longer with our company. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
jacks538
July 5th, 2018
Bought 4x4 jeep for granddaughters birthday. When opened rear bumper was broken. Tried ringing - only an answer machine. Emailed them with pics. Didn't get reply. Was really concerned after reading terrible reviews on here so I contacted Trading Standards for advice. I sent them a letter, recorded delivery, asking for replacement part under 2015 Consumer Rights Act. Next day got email reply with promise of replacement within a week. It was delivered the next day.
Speak as you find. Great little vehicle for the money and great customer service.
ep389
September 10th, 2014
I was sent a faulty ride on car, and they had me trying to fix it for 2 days - then when I asked for a refund they threatened to charge me £90 just to collect the faulty item? They are cowboys, the quality of the cars is terrible and they are from China - not the UK. They will not respond to emails and will also pretend that the faulty item works perfectly when it is sent back so they can deduct the postage from you (I saw this on other blogs) and that's exactly what they have already threatened me with even though they won't tell me how to return it! DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!
Julie T. – RideOnCars.co.uk Rep
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. I can confirm that although our items are manufactured in China, they are fully tested and certified as safe for use within the EU. These checks are independently carried out by Trading Standards. The welfare of our employees in China is also a priority for us, so we regularly visit to ensure that working conditions remain safe and fair. With regard to faulty items, many customers return items where the battery has simply not been connected. If the battery is not plugged in, the item cannot charge. If there is any doubt as to the problem, we offer a video service whereby the item is filmed prior to and immediately after opening. With all best regards, Julie, Tigris Ltd.
gemmaf
February 9th, 2011
I paid £146.99 for a 2 seater ride on for my boys for christmas they loved it. We used it twice and it wouldnt work i had it in my kitchen all the time. E-mailed them and they replied with a list of possible faults about 12 in total and asked me to check for all them and reply. Ifelt this was odd but did it anyway with no result it still didnt work. They now say its not possible to get a refund and won't come out to try and repair. My two children see car every day and cry to use it how low can a company go what can i do?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the RideOnCars.co.uk staff and other customers.

Battery Powered Ride On Toys from? 69.00! Buy kids battery powered Electric Cars Online, Choose From Children's Sports Cars, Super Minis & All Terrain Ride On Toys For Kids Aged 2-6.

Julie T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RideOnCars.co.uk?

Have a question about RideOnCars.co.uk?