Review of Retro Stage

Tel: 1 323-524-4006

elisabeted1
2/17/19

if I knew first....

I ordered two dresses and one underdress.
one dress and the underdress arrived after some weeks.
the dress does fit.
after contacting them I was proposed refund of 5 dollar - I thought they must be kidding.
I told them this would be not acceptable the dress doesn't fit I don't want to keep it.
then the answer was return on your expenses.
sorry I am in Europe and should pay for shipment to USA?

and there is still a dress to be delivered for which I wanted cancelation.
there is no mention on this in their emails.

I have the impression that the money is lost.
I will only get partially delivered and the product can not be used.

feeling very disappointed

victoriar119
2/15/19

I have ordered three dresses from this company so far, and have had good results. I did need to return one for a different size, and due to patient emails from a Customer Service agent (Linda) I finally figured out how to pay the $10 shipping/return fee via Paypal for the exchange. I could not find a working phone number, so I was worried for a bit after reading some of the reviews, but everything worked out well, and I would order from here again.
(I posted a photo where I'm wearing one of my Retro Stage dresses, and want to add the disclaimer that we don't slather on bronzer - it was just the lighting!)

babarat1
2/15/19

The dress I ordered got here in time for my theater production I was a little worried. I didn't expect the Dress to be High quality and it wasn't , but perfect for the stage. It was as featured and did not disappoint. Thank you.

candaces50
2/14/19

I was so excited for this dress but now..... I can't even tell whether I like it or not as it never arrived. The web site and tracking site not helpful I just want my dress delivered or a full refund.

christenc2
2/7/19

I ordered two dresses. The lining was too short on both of them... when I raised my arms half of my backside was visible. When I emailed about returning the team told me that since I would have to pay return shipping they would be happy to just return $10 to me (I spent over $50). I told them that wasn't acceptable and I'd prefer to return them. They asked me to send a picture of the dresses to confirm the condition of them. I did that and I never heard back from them. Also, one of the dresses didn't even have a tag on it out of the bag. I would not trust this company or order from them.

kellyw261
2/2/19

Very Nice dress ! Perfect size ! thanks !

It was for a gift, and I'm not desapointed :) that beautiful and the quality is pretty great. I recommend this site for the perfect dress :)

katc44
1/31/19

SCAM if you need to return something!! Avoid this place and buy somewhere else.

I needed to return a dress and wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from here. They don't have any sort of "Cancel Order" option if you want to try to cancel your order before it ships out.

I contacted customer service and they asked me what was wrong with the dress... then said "Actually you cannot return it." And then said that if I must return it, I must pay for shipping and it's a very high cost so I would be better off giving my order to someone else as a gift.

Read the reviews of Retro Stage before making a decision to purchase! I wish I had.

Their phone number seems like a US number, but from their return page, it's full of broken English, so you can tell they aren't exactly being upfront with where things are shipping from.

lindseyp59
1/25/19

Since I rely heavily upon customer reviews, I wanted to give my feedback on my recent purchase from Retro Stage. After reading most of the reviews I was pretty worried that I wouldn't receive my dress on time, but I did receive it on time. I ordered the dress on 1/12 and received it 1/23. So just make sure you allow yourself a couple weeks to get your order. The dress is exactly how it looked online and the fit was spot on. I am a size 12 and I ordered an XL and it fit just right, maybe even a little loose in the chest area, because I'm small chested. I think the quality is pretty good for the price of the dress. I contacted customer service and they got right back to me the next day. I plan to order more from this site after this experience.

lenkab2
1/23/19

I bought one of your beautiful dresses. According possitive revievs, I was nervous to get them. So - wow - dress arived in 14 days ( to the Czech Republic). Very well made, nice material and fit perfect. I'm 163cm tall, wide back and no bust , 60kg (more muscless than usual ) I ordered these: https://www.retro-stage.com/collections/1920s-dress/products/women-fashion-print-patchwork-sequin-dress-wedding-evening-gown in black and size L. Dress are little bit longer, but dress- maker will correct it in a minute. I love them, but need more opportunities to take them out .

teresab273
1/22/19

Very disappointed that my dress was too big- wager to return and replace with smaller size- 5 emails later and I still haven't heard anything. Great shame as the product is lovely and the pricing excellent. Won't be ordering again or recommending to anyone else until dispute is resolved.

karyj3
1/11/19

Very cheaply made, with very cheap materials!! I bought nicer Halloween costumes. And their customer service was truly awful. When asked if I could return the dresses was told that's not cost efficient. Very dissatisfied.

sandral322
1/7/19

I ordered 4 1950S dress from here. (order FD10064) One of them turned out to be out of stock, but the seven other were delivered home in France 6 days later, which is a pretty good performance from Hong Kong.
Unfortunately, the 7 shirts were too small. There is indeed something strange with the RetroStage size code, as I had ordered 3XL and 4XL sizes using their guide, when my usual size is a standard European XL, and despite this their 3XL and 4XL sizes were too small.
I hence filed a ticket with their customer support system, and I must admit their response was quick and very helpful.
I had proposed to return the shirts for an exchange. Their answer was I was to keep the shirts and they would still refund 50% of the order, which I thought was a pretty decent deal since I had indeed ordered the wrong size to begin with.
So as a summary, be careful with the size codes, but RetroStage is a reliable on-line supplier.

laisn
1/6/19

It took about 15 days longer than expected and the quality is not completely perfect, but considering the price I really liked the dress and it fitted very well.
After some bad reviews I read I was really expecting a lot worst. I believe I'll buy again from the store.

stellas53
1/6/19

I have to admit, I purchased 3 dresses on a whim from Retro-Stage before reading any reviews (I'm not usually that way). I was super scared I'd been ripped off after I read the reviews here shortly after the purchase. Well, I'm happy to report that not only did my dresses arrive very quickly, all three are made with high quality and are absolutely stunning! I'm a jazz vocalist and cannot wait to wear these for my performances! Sometimes you have to take risks ladies! Cheers!

karene297
1/4/19

Don't buy from this company. I ordered a dress and shawl for a specific party and it took 30 days to arrive from China. I had to purchase another dress and shawl from Amazon (the same dress), which fortunately only took 2 days to arrive, but I am out all the money I spent with this company. Their return policy doesn't cover late shipping situations and has the most ridiculous return instructions that I have ever seen and require you to pay shipping back to China even though the whole problem was on their end. Terrible customer service. Again, do not purchase from this company. You can get most of the same options through Amazon or elsewhere with quick shipping and returns.

erinb155
1/4/19

I didn't have time to shop for a dress for my husband's company party, so I jumped online to see if I could find one online. Eventually I find the red lace dress on Retro-Stage. I received SO many compliments and found myself loving the dress more than I expected.

terig21
1/4/19

Yust whont to say thank you for my beautiful dress. It looks amazing. I'm so happy whit my purchase and definitely I will ordering agen from yu!!

lesleyf23
1/3/19

Dress came way after I needed it and had the same quality of a cheap halloween costume. Looked nothing like picture and should be avoided at all costs

alyp3
12/28/18

Absolutely do not purchase any items from retro stage!!!! I purchased Express shipping, it took 8 days before they even sent my order, then they didn't even send my whole order. I still haven't recieved it 20days later. Costumer service is beyond rude and will not give me a straight answer on anything!

clareg30
12/28/18

They sent me the wrong dress, totally different and much cheaper than what I had ordered. When I asked for a refund they initially offered me $10 to just keep the wrong dress, then when I asked for a refund said I had to organise and pay for international return shipping myself. Terrible company, terrible customer service.

laurenn42
12/26/18

The website poses as a US-based company. It is not. It is in China. Your package will take weeks to arrive, it will contain no packing receipt or return address, you will only be able to track the package if you can read Chinese, and your dresses will be defective and cheaply made. The size will probably be wrong, and you won't be able to return the items because there is literally no return policy. STAY AWAY.

anm7
12/21/18

I received my dress (a Gatsby style dress ordered for a cruise) and it's beautiful!! I wasn't expecting high end as it was only around $50 but the quality surprised me. For the price, it's fantastic quality! Definitely good value. It fits perfectly too. I would order through this company again.
Delivery was slower than what I normally experience with online shopping. When my order didn't arrive 2-3 weeks after placing it, I checked the online reviews and have to confess to becoming concerned. However, I emailed the company to ask where my order was and a few days later I received a reply to say it was on its way and I received it about 4 days later.
My advice - order well ahead of time, be patient. Don't expect mink if you're buying cheaply, you get what you pay for. And definitely take a look at the Gatsby style dresses. Mine is gorgeous and great value. I love it

salk11
12/13/18

I ordered multiple items from this company that took weeks to process. When they finally shipped, they were stuck leaving China for weeks and arrived after the date of the event I needed them. I tried shipping back and getting a refund but the customer service was a joke and I got multiple auto/robot responses saying sorry there's nothing they can do, even though it was within the return window.

I went on Amazon and ordered the exact same items and they were on my door in two days. Highly recommend that over this company! Don't waste your time or money.

odelias1
12/13/18

I ordered 2 1920s dress came fairly quick and are good quality and true to size. I was worried after reading reviews but was pleasantly surprised and will definitely purchase more items!!!

leeb270
12/13/18

Loved vintage dresses from this store. I used the sizing chart and it fits great! Very cute dress, well made. Seams are sewn well and zipper is smooth. Has some stretch in the top material but not the bottom, however the cut of the skirt allows for this to not be an issue with the fit. I put a petticoat under it and it looked even better.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I ordered mine on 12/26 and it arrived on 1/4/19 despite the holiday!

By Stella S.

I got ZERO refund!!! Paid shipping back and they got it but said there's nothing they can do even though they acknowledged it was received in the return window.

By Sal K.

Questions? Get answers from the Retro Stage staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Retro Stage