Review of ReSaver

Tel: ‎1-800-291-9434‎
help@resaver.com

jeanl170
2/5/19

Same situation as Jane R.
Charged in USD for a Canadian hotel when there are absolutely no indication
Charged to my credit card within hours (hour would be more precise).
Refuse to cancel or reimbursed even when I followed up within the indicated timeline shown on their own web site...
I am following up with my credit card and the hotel that is being used by this scamming company...
To be avoided and declared as fraudsters...

Tip for consumers: Stay away... Run... Just trouble...

janer159
11/7/18

Charged in American and shouldn't have. Cancelled my reservation without me cancelling it, then wouldn't give me my money back. DO NOT BOOk

zanah1
9/24/18

I hate to reiterate what everyone has already said but this company does it's best to appear to be represent the hotel you are trying to book with & does not reveal that your reservation is non-refundable until it's too late am attempting to do a dispute with my credit card company. In addition I tried to call the company before I booked to make sure of what I was getting into and it is disconnected.

chrisc442
3/24/18

Have to admit I booked with resaver in error, i thought i was on the main hotel website, and didn't realize until after I had booked non-refundable reservation. I saw these reviews AFTER and was terrified my bill would be crazy high (I'm CDN and didn't realize when I booked it was US $, but it did say that in the terms). Long story short - the price for the fancy room i got, after the exchange rate, was $5 LESS than I was expecting and was still $40 CDN cheaper than the actual Hotel website posted. worked out awesome for me!

sarahm399
2/2/18

I booked a reservation through what I had thought was the hotel web site and was unwittingly redirected to these crooks. I had noticed the charge on my credit card was a bit high for what this hotel, where I've stayed before, usually costs. But everything unfolded when I tried to change the dates of my reservation. The hotel couldn't do anything since I had (unknowingly) booked through a third party, however they did note that the confirmation number they had for me was different from the one Resaver sent and that they had a phone number not associated with me down for my reservation as well. Contacting resaver revealed a walk of shame on their part - a website that did not "recognize" my confirmation number, a phone number that upon first use did not provide a person, and then a deceptive and disingenuous person on the phone once I finally did get a human. She told me, in language designed to be confusing, that I could make another reservation but would have to pay for BOTH reservations, that in booking through them I had agreed to their terms and conditions of no refunds and no changes (which specifically contradicts the confirmation e-mail I was sent) and couldn't guarantee that I would get to speak with a supervisor. I also noticed that as the conversation got heated, her (supposedly) fragile voice and broken English became deeper and clearer. I'm going to make sure the hotel knows exactly what happened and have already disputed the charges. These people deserve to have a "negative star" invented on their behalf.

pattis44
12/15/17

When booking rooms at the Southbury, CT Wyndham ON THEIR WEBSITE, somehow I ended up with Resavers. The Wyndham can't or won't help me but for two rooms, two nights it was $104.50 per night with taxes and I was charged an extra $130 for god knows what. I have called, I have emailed and I get absolutely no response, I might try to keep trying, but in the meantime - do yourselves a favor and do not use these crooks.

mv67
12/5/17

I made and paid for a reservation through this website. Hotel didn't have reservation. Paid again. As of yet no reply or refund from these crooks.

garyg120
11/14/17

Booked directly from Hotel's web site and I get an email from Resaver stating NO REFUND policy. I called to cancel the reservation and they said the policy is no refund. This was disclosed up front. They are crooks. I called the Hotel and they said they cannot help. They were not even sure how I booked the Hotel. Now I have Discover working on not paying this charge for a Scamming, rip off artist. Unreal how many comments here say the same thing and the company is still around. Should be banned...

douglasandsusanh
11/7/17

Be careful I thought I was booking directly with Marriott but when I got confirmation email found out I had booked with these crooks. I have worked a cancellation directly with the hotel that I hope will get me a refund. Why are these crooks still in business.

leslier58
11/3/17

I recently booked a hotel room with ReSaver. The deals were great, and although a service fee was included, it was still a fair price.

Or so I thought...

What is not explicitly mentioned on this website is that the price was in US dollars, and being that I am from Canada, I was about to be charged a stupidly high exchange rate. I was charged $50 more than what I had agreed to pay.

When I called and inquired about this discrepancy, nobody over there could give me an answer. I had to figure out the problem myself while I was on hold by reading other terrible ReSaver reviews.

What a shady company... will NEVER book with this service again.

jimd149
6/12/17

It's hard to believe these people are still in business my wife booked a hotel room and called back two hours later to cancel it we found out they had already charged our debit card and told us there were no refunds right now I'm in the process of going through the owner of the company and further up the chain if I have to and I was called Wells Fargo and filed a complaint and I'm calling Hyatt to see what they'll do for me buyer beware

bobd136
5/25/17

I booked two rooms for 6 people at an upscale hotel in Las Vegas. They advertised you could have Queen sized beds but they only booked 2 kings which means three people per bed, This wasn't going to work, contacted them several times by phone and then again, by email a month before the check in date.they did finally contact me the night before departure that they couldn't do anything for me. thank goodness I booked other plans or I would have had 2 people sleeping on the floor. Terrible service, do not use.

namy1
5/15/17

I booked and paid in full, thinking I was booking direct with the hotel, and told a FULL refund if cancelled. I later cancelled the reservation - I did get the refund, then found an untold small a CHARGE for cancelling.

randip3
11/1/16

I used Resaver over the weekend in Denver CO, I was quoted 219 plus tax for the room, the charge on my card was for 309.11!! When I called I was told it was for taxes and Fees. I paid for Valet parking and any hotel fees directly to the hotel, they charged my 90 dollars over the quoted price! The guy on the phone even admitted it seems steep but he wouldn't do anything about it...

princessg4
10/13/16

So resaver.com is also getaroom.com, (they both use the same 1800 number)both of whom are partnered 3rd party bookers with Orbitz and Expedia. Now I've filed fraud complaints with the Texas Better Business Bureau, and various state and federal consumer protection agencies. Resaver stated one charge on the receipt, and then billed my card for more than three times the amount that the receipt stated and when I complained, they told me to "go complain on the internet".

So I did some research (never rile a smart one) and it turns out they've got a few little shell companies kicking around.

Apparently the 1800 number for resaver.com is the same as the 1800 number for getaroom.com. The address that resaver.com provided their registrar is a fake which points to a strip mall with no unit number, so I think it's safe to assume it's the same company owned by the same guy with a fraudulent address.

Now, before the community standards for Sitejabber guys get involved - this is PUBLIC information. Anyone can go to a search engine, type in 'whois blah blah.com' and a number of domain registration agencies will provide you with all of the information pertinent to a domain: who owns it, where they do business from, how to contact them. The entire planet is legally entitled to this information. They are required to provide this as per ICANN (grand poobahs of the interwebs) guidelines and it is illegal for a domain to operate without providing this information or operate by providing false information.

Here's the whois on getaroom:

Registrant Name: David Litman
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: dlitman@wildflowerinvestments.com

Which, of course, begs for the whois on wildflowerinvestments.com:

Registrant Name: Carol Doremus
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.9726879131
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: carol@getaroom.com

So basically, it looks like we've got a couple of Texans misrepresenting themselves as numerous agencies, and tallying a boatload of very fraudish looking money at other people's expense.

So you know who they are now, you know where they do business. I'm really hoping someone from anonymous sees this and decides to make an example of rich people who defraud hard working innocents who don't deserve it.

Tip for consumers: You're not dealing with who you think you are. resaver.com and getaroom.com appear to be the same company. wildflowerinvestments.com owns both. both resaver and getaroom are well known for defrauding their clients and using deceitful practices to mask their fraud. They also operate under multiple names and multiple addresses, so getting your money back will be very difficult after they steal it.

carrieg24
10/12/16

I booked a reservation and they sent me a receipt for $104.00 Canadian and billed my credit card 4 separate charges for $142.00.

When I called them to resolve it they said their terms and conditions allow them to charge my card as much as they like as many times as they like and that I agreed to these multiple charges when I agreed to their terms and conditions.

My bank said they consider this fraud, reversed all but the first charge of $142.00 and Mastercard stated they will cancel their merchant account if they get enough reports.

So, shoutout to all: call your credit cards and report them for abuse of their account. Call the hotels they are defrauding people on behalf of and let them know a 3rd party biller is using their good name to commit fraud.

They can't do business if no one will work with them.

When you call customer service they will tell you, tough, we have your CC number and we can do whatever we like.

I had to cancel my credit card to stop the charges.

Don't do business with these fraudulent thieving maggots.

markr214
9/20/16

I did not pay attention to the url as I thought I was on the Gaylord Texan website as it was branded that way.
Booked a weekend night at $249 and after checking out got an email of an added fee of $117. When I checked in I asked why such a rip off fee and they said the resort fee is only $20 and that site was not theirs.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!! CALL THE HOTEL INSTEAD IS WHAT I LEARNED!!

kennyw11
9/1/16

I made a reservation with this company and then canceled the reservation by their own policy and they still took almost $700.00 out of my account anyway.

barbb20
8/24/16

A lot of sites redirect you to this site so be careful.
This company does not post its currency.
Your Canadian hotel supposedly booked on a Canadian site charges US Dollars.
The charge comes through under a different name.
No cancellations.

tonyc122
8/19/16

Please don't ever use this site. They add substantial fees that they hide until after you authorize the transaction on your credit card. If you then cancel they won't refund your money! Buyer beware

kellysueb
8/3/16

resaver.com is a scamming company and so is getaroom.com, buyer beware of hidden fees and funds you are being charged in!!!!
Their webpage presents as the hotel/resort page that you are trying to book with!! they will not refund, you cannot cancell.

davidc383
7/8/16

Somehow, while booking with Hampton Inn, I was directed to resaver, and like many, their website was so constructed to inform me of terms and fees after I booked. I suffered the usual unexpected surcharge of $60. I immediately called to cancel, and the only thing that they could offer was to cancel the reservation without a refund (big help). OF the many scams on the internet, it is important that you know when you are diverted from what you think is a reputable site to fraudulent site. Buyer Beware. I encourage all those who fall victim to this site to contact the Hotel to inform them.

larrys109
5/2/16

ReSaver uses same 1-800 phone number as Getaroom.com. Both operate the same way and are real scam artists.

bossb13
3/27/16

Same as restroom. Booked Canadian Hotel- site gave rate but no indication was in US$. Had to pay the big mark up. No satisfaction from these robbers or the credit card company. They should be put out of business. Shady. Deceptive. Dishonest. Don't use them

liza131
3/17/16

In booking room at Hartford Sheraton, I found "special" rate of $229, but found total at checkout of $332.55. No mistake, they said, and no refunds. They are shysters, and if I could give 0 stars, I would.

In my case, NONE. Not even on the confirmation email. I discovered that the transaction was in USD when my credit card sent me notice for an international purchase - I am in Canada and I was reserving a room in Canada...

By Jean L.

If you want satisfaction, talk to getaroom.com I originally thought they were the same company, but resaver is an affiliate that uses getaroom's infrastructure. They are very quickly racking up numerous offences that are making both getaroom AND expedia look very bad and both companies have stated they will be looking at cancelling their affiliate contract. Deal directly with Expedia or getaroom. Resaver won't give you your money back, but their affiliates will. And Resaver is in San Antonio Texas, at 10004 Wurzbach Road. I STRONGLY recommend you file complaints with the Better Business Bureau, the San Antonio Attorney General, the Texas State Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission. I'm pretty sure this business has a lot of skeletons in its closet that beg far closer scrutiny than just the complaints here. Throw the law at them.

By Princess G.

Their WHOIS registration (info they have to provide to get a domain) is: Registrant Organization: Resaver.com Registrant Street: 10004 Wurzbach Road Registrant City: San Antonio Registrant State/Province: Texas Registrant Postal Code: 78230 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.8002919434

By Princess G.
Questions? Get answers from the ReSaver staff and other customers.

ReSaver?