Review of Ralph Lauren

eu.privacy@ralphlauren.com
2018 Customer choice award

kevinp300
3/6/19

They have the best jackets. I simply love their collection. Always eager to buy from here. This is my favorite place for shopping. This brand is worth of it's price. Their online service is great.

simpsonh7
2/28/19

The quality of the material was so good. I ordered a jacket and it was so cool. They surely have the coolest jackets. Their stuff is so satisfying and really co-operative customer service. Buying such a jacket is really worth the price.

oksanao4
1/22/19

Today I want to share with you my sad and terrible experience of ordering from the site www.ralphlauren.eu.

I want this review to be read by all those, who have not yet fallen into the trap of this brand.

To begin with, the Ralph Lauren brand for me was always associated with a premium quality and a prove name in industry.

In December, I visited the official site ralplauren.eu and came across a 50% discount campaign. I was surprised that there are a lot of cool things in the assortment with almost all available sizes. I immediately liked the black jacket with a golden patch on the chest (Embroidered Down Jacket, Item code: 3615732554218), the price of the discounted jacket was 199.50 . For a couple of days I still thought about ordering or not, the item was available in multiple sizes, and was a little surprised that such a cool item with a great discount wasn't sold out, when at other fashion brand online stores such items are sold out in a few hours.

As a result, on December 13, I made an order, and picked free normal definitely.

On December 14, my order was sent with an express delivery, which surprised me, I thought it was strange, because the delivery in the order was normal, but I didn't pay attention to that.

On December 15, I went back to the site to look at a few more things, and decided to check out my jacket again, and I was really surprised, to find out, that my jacket with a golden patch was removed from the site. That was really strange,I thought to myself, how is this possible, in a day, they sold all sizes from XS to XL for 199.50? It seemed pretty suspicious.

As a result, on December 17th, the UPS courier brings me a package, and that's when the "fun" began. I was shocked, when to see the packaging. I thought that they'll bring me a beautiful box with the initials Ralph Lauren, because this is a luxury brand, so the presentation will be very beautiful, like Calvin Klein or even Zara packages.

As a result, the package was cheap black dirty plastic bag, like you use for trashcans. The bag was without any initials nor logos, just like from AliExpress. When I've opened it, I was very shocked, there was totally different jacket, not the one I've ordered !!! I thought, that it was a joke ?! How is this possible at all ?? This is my first order, I am a new customer, is this a joke ??? I was so angry and confused.

I understand, that you can confuse the size, or something like that, but just send an item, that they don't have listed on their website at all, what kind of fraud is this ???

I was completely in shock and very frustrated.

The wrong jacket was just thrown into the dirty black trash bag by some moron, like a some cheap fake item, but it's not cheap, it's supposed to be a premium expensive brand with a reputation. I have never seen such an attitude and service, just horrible.

I immediately thought of the man who was packing my order, as if he had spit in to my order.

The jacket was another black jacket model without a patch, with a classic black small logo, so black horse logo on black material, totally invisible. I would thin that it's the least popular model. This jacket was not even listed on the site for sale at all. What old warehouse did they found it in?

Of course, I immediately wrote to the service on the site, describing the whole situation, hoping that, as a normal brand with a good policy and reputation, as it should be in such a situation, I would be refunded or sent the right item immediately, because this is my FIRST ORDER and I am new customer.

As a result, on December 18, Andres P., a Service Supervisor, answered me, that he needed to check all the information on this matter, and that I had to return this wrong jacket to them, in order to make a full refund, or they could refund 30 immediately, if I would keep the wrong item. I was already tired from all this situation, and decided right away to take the 30 partial refund and keep the stupid jacket. I didn't want to return the jacket to them, since the trust to their brand was already gone, and I didn't want to waste any more of my time and nerves on this awful brand.

As a result I've replied, that I've decided on partial refund with ridiculous sum of 30 to at least return some of my trust. Andres P. Supervisor wrote to me, that they supposedly had a wrong photo on the site and there was no such jacket with a golden patch, which was absurd. Basically just lied to me. This jacket with a gold patch is sold on other sites with the same code, that I had in my order. And this is not my problem, I paid for the thing and I want to get, what I see on the site, or it is a complete fraud and deception of people. You are ordering a T-shirt, sorry, but you're getting panties, doesn't that seems absurd to you?

The true story, as seems to me, was just that they didn't remove the item from their website when it was already sold out, and because they are a fraud, they don't care, some packaging moron, just send me the other, non-popular similar item from a discontinued collection, thinking that I just would accept it, because it's a big hustle to send it back. These people did not cancel my order, they deliberately took the money and sent the wrong item. Maybe be it's even a demo item from some shop, I don't know.

Anyway, I wrote them two times, that I decided on a refund of at least 30, which Andres P. Supervisor offered me himself. As a result, in the end, he did not answer me and did not refund anything.

I sent another letter that I was very disappointed, that it was disgusting and I was waiting for a refund, without any answer so far, a month has passed. They are so cheap, I'm disgusted, can't even return stupid 30, coffee money, this is laughable.

I am still in shock, disgusted with the whole experience.

I do not advise ordering things from this brand, pass it for your own good. The owners should be ashamed with how they deal with new customers. Someone obviously needs to sue these crocks, so they would stop deceiving people.

A normal, respectful brand with a name in the industry, would apologize and return the money at once, without any explanation, but apparently the policy of Ralph Lauren is deceiving, lying, no service, awful packaging, selling things under wrong photos, sending completely different items, and not answering to messages.

This is the bottom, never ordering from them again!!!

Please make a repost of this review, this crocks should be punished, so other people won't fall for this scam, and loose time and money with this awful brand.

gerryh30
1/11/19

I am writing to express my complete frustration and aggravation that I experienced with Ralph Lauren customer service (or non-service) after being a loyal customer for forty five years. As a consequence, I will buy Ralph Lauren products again. I wrote about a $900 leather jacket that was failing pockets were falling off after little use. They never responded. Weeks later I wrote again. No response. The third time they wrote back asking for info, I sent it along with photos They wrote someone will respond in ten days. They did not. I wrote again same 10-day response. Every time I wrote, I received answers that indicated they did not read the prior emails. Enough I said I will stay away, and encourage others to do the same.

donnab504
11/15/18

I have purchased clothing from Ralph Lauren for a long time. I recently returned a terry top and pants because they did not fit correctly. I did not wear them, only tried them on. I did not wash them, but returned them in perfect condition. They were returned to me because they were "not returned in like new condition." This was not true, they were in perfect condition. Keep this in mind if you might have to return something. Ralph Lauren return policy is "fake news."

chloer20
9/10/18

Ralph Lauren apparel is worth its price. I like this brand for its simple stylish design and high-quality material. Mostly I buy at stores but recently tried out online shopping. The service is great and I am totally satisfied with my order.

clarar37
9/5/18

I bought some pretty nice ralph lauren jackets and rain apparel in plus size lmthat has lasted for quite awhile and the material to has not come undone

jeaneanel
5/15/18

Tried to return a shirt that was the wrong size after the" 30 day policy" (my fault I didn't read the small print) Still in plastic bag and original box had not even been taken out of box They would refund or even exchange for a different size such a horrible policy for a store with expensive items!! Will never buy from them again!!!!!

milkan1
8/11/17

So I called before hand regarding an exchange of a product , my husband was working at that time for only 3 days near the border of Tijuana so I called the Polo Factory store las Americas premium outlets just to explain them the situation since I bought the product in orlando fl, the supervisor at that time told me that she will place on hold the size that we need but she will need the receipt, I told her that since I bought it in the us I left it in my house but I could give her my card number so she could look for the item. Long story short after my husband drove from Tijuana to San Diego they decline to exchanged do to the fact that we didn't had the receipt and the tags were not attached. After I explain her several time over the phone that everything , tags and receipt were in my house in FL she rectract she also apologized but at the end of the day my husband lose his time. We decided to just donate the pants and my husband decided to just leave with his friends and shop in others stores. Very disappointed I would not recommend this store to anybody. Oh and I still waiting for the district manager sent me an email about the situation.

gohm
7/29/17

High quality clothes with top-notch designs. Classic and stylish.
Never tried out the customer service, so mayyybeee the customer service is as bad as the one star reviews say. Never had to return anything either.
The size charts are very accurate and the designs are really good! Their loose-fit clothing don't look unflattering, and their slim-fit ones actually make me look slimmer than I actually am :)
The photos depict the designs and colours accurately.
Shipping may be slightly delayed, though you'll still receive your stuff within the expected time frame. For example, on both my orders, I was notified that my items will come on a certain day. I even went to the FedEx site to verify with my tracking number, and the info is the same on the FedEx site. Then on the day, the expected day of delivery suddenly disappears on both sites and my items are clearly nowhere near the destination. It's only on the NEXT day that FedEx says I'll get the item. So basically both times my items came a day after the predicted day. Nevertheless it seems like it's FedEx's fault.
I wouldn't say the items are cheap though, even after the discounts. I'll still buy from Ralph Lauren nonetheless.

davidc554
7/13/17

PLACED ORDER IN APRIL NEVER RECIEVED 2 SHIRTS I ORDERED SENT EMAIL ITS NOW JULY . I HAVENT RECIEVED SHIRTS OR MY MONEY BACK.

mariap140
3/6/17

Placed an order a couple of months ago. Called to find out if they had more items in stock and I received the worst customer service ever!

georgiac15
3/4/17

I bought a jacket for my 6 month daughter. After she wore it the dye from the jacket went to her skin and tongue. I fricked out and went to the hospital. absolutely criminal to sell this quality to babies!!!

borisk25
3/3/17

Do not buy anything from this company. They do not have a warranty. I bought a vest from them and after a few use zipper broke. When I called customer service they refused to fix it or replace it. Instead they said I must pay $50 to replace that zipper. What a shame on Ralph make people pay for their defected items. I will never buy anything from them again. It could happened to you so be careful when you buy zipper items. They make poor quality zippers and after it breaks you are on your own.

michaelf188
12/26/16

Smug and condescending customer service manager at Tanger store in North Charleston said if I pay with a card, I can only get the amount returned on the purchasing card. Unfortunately it was a Christmas gift. I was forced to take a store credit for more of their lousy customer service and overpriced merchandise.

tonyi9
10/29/16

Love it!

lakeworthfredf
10/4/16

Wow this is a mistake. It is not a discount store. Most items are tired, old, out of style and or defective, so no deal here, the rest are at the same price as in the retail stores. On my last trip I purchased socks, got home and found them to be defective. I returned to the store and was told by the sales lady and later the manager that the socks are a problem due to their design and that other people have come in to return the same items but there are no refunds on socks. The manager said they now had the socks that I was looking for in stock. I asked her to get me a six pair package and was told to get them myself. What nasty customer service, I just drove over an hour and was now in a long line up, I could not return defective product and I would have to leave the line and start over to get the socks. I called customer service and was promised a quick reply to deal with this issue and now one month later and no one ever called back. Buy in the regular stores not at this terrible so called factory store or just buy elsewhere.

jonl53
9/21/16

This is a great product, really should be bought.

zoyas3
9/6/16

I bought recently 2 items none of the colors where anywhere close to the ones on picture so I called customer service and was told to ship back using the return label and I will have shipping cost compensated due to improper color description. The credit came minus $10.00 for shipping back because I used their return shipping label. Wow. Doesn't make sense at all.

johnt329
8/3/16

I've paid for my order 10 days ago, the delivery has been promissed to be within 1-3 days. But in fact I still didn't get anything... and of course no response from them, after I claimed to clarify situation. I never met such beastliness ever... think, even in deep Africa you will be able to get better service...

mushtaqa2
7/27/16

I placed an order. I have got confirmation from them about my order and said they will process it. Next day I have got call that item is not in stock anymore as payment was authorised a bit late. When I placed an order online money has been deducted straightaway from my account. As when it divert to payment section bank allow the authorisation and then they confirm the order if bank wouldn't allow authorisation then they wouldn't confirm order. Clearly they are lying to me. So annoyed. Don't ever shop from Ralph Lauren. Very bad customer service

rong75
6/23/16

Polo Ralph Lauren is great and being one who loves labels I have to say buying online is the best. They're always having sales online that aren't necessarily in the stores.
There is one thing that I have had to learn now that I am 40 (years old) my body's shape has changed a bit (still fit) but I can no longer wear the thinnest size anymore. I prefer their custom size and they don't always have the custom size in all the lines I prefer.

lacym25
6/18/16

I order a jacket for my spouse. It go delivered on time. Someone stole it off my porch. I called Ralph Lauren and they saved the day!! They replaced the jacket, paid for expedited shipping and gave me a 15% discount for my inconvenience!! I can't thank them enough!!!!

josianap
4/9/16

Great clothes, awesome sales, wonderful customer service. S&H fees are free or very reasonable. Ralph is the best!!!!

samantham54
3/20/16

I had an awful experience with Ralph Lauren in January 2016. I bought a windbreaker jacket online as a gift. The jacket was not on sale, it cost approx. $250 AUD. Unfortunately we needed a smaller size, so I tried to go online through their 'contact us' page to clarify the exchange process. However, the 'submit' button on thier contact us page didn't work. Then I tried to look for a number to call, but they provide only a '1-800' # which you cannot call internationally!

So I find the companies email address on a form I had and email them my concerns about contacting them (as i was a bit concerned that all options to get in touch didn't work... not very professional!). They replied, quite quickly, and in their email they state:
"Ralph Lauren does not have an exchange policy, please return the item for a full refund and re-purchase the item". Although this is very disappointing ..the clincher is, when you return the item they charge an 'international return fee' of $25 AUD! So basically I'm unfairly treated for purchasing online!

I email back and let them know i'm extremely disappointed about this, and question I why should pay an international fee for returning the item when I purchased the item in Australia?! I asked for my query to be escalated to a manager and for someone to give me a call... no one ever replied to my email.. and as a clincher, they advise that if i have any questions i can call their '1-800' #.. grrr!

Can we just think about this for a sec... a top designer, high end prices, and an expectation of quality customer service... does not have an exchange policy, does not realise that international buyers cannot call a 1-800 #s, and penalises people for shopping online?!

And to top it all off, they end all their emails with the standard line "We look forward to providing you with the legendary service you have come to expect from RalphLauren.com.au" - AS IF, just make sure you have no issues!

I will never buy another Ralph Lauren product because of this experience and I caution all those who might want to buy a Ralph Lauren product online.

32 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I wrote a letter following their directions exactly and they sent back my item and said they couldn't find my account even though I explicitly said the item was a gift. I would never order from them and hope I never receive a gift from them again. I don't think it's a a scam I just think they suck. Try the BBB and/or the International Trade Commission. I just gave my stupid scarf to Goodwill.

By Josephine N.

Questions? Get answers from the Ralph Lauren staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Ralph Lauren