www.qr-code-generator.com reviews

Tel: +1-(646)-712-9308
support@qr-code-generator.com

richk62
5/13/19

I like many others in this review site was tricked into having to pay for the service. I had made a QR code of which I sent to print to then find out I need to start paying a year later after this robbery I get charged an auto renewal of which (my fault) I forgot about. When I contacted them for a refund the next day they said they cannot refund it as each account incurs costs per year the money is non refundable.

Very sneaky tactics - 60 a year btw

ekaterinaf4
5/7/19

Stay away! This guys let you create the qr codes and after they start billing you $45 a month! Without any warning!

jasond307
5/2/19

Bati & switch #qrcodegenerator. Don't use them. They are not worth your time. You should consider other more upfront companies.

ozguru
4/20/19

They never mention the amount that they will withdraw and took all the payment in advance. This is abusement and FRAUD. BE aware of this company and their products!!!

co27
4/5/19

I pride myself on attention to detail and do not recall any mention of a 14 day trial. They deactivated my code which is on a printed poster and I was forced to pay. The cheapest plan is about $68/year. I've placed a reminder on my calendar to cancel way before they have a chance to bill me or charge my card again.

scams13
3/25/19

Never mentioned their QR codes are paid. After using them on advertisements they require payment. TOTAL SCAM

foxa1
3/24/19

I started receiving emails from them demanding that I pay for a subscription which I never opened. I reached out to them telling them that they have the wrong email and are giving me some guys personal billing information, but they still demand money from me? These clowns need to go back to the circus.

peters723
3/19/19

Please, be aware this is a total scam. DO NOT USE IN ANY CASE. These people are going to burn in hell.

albac13
3/4/19

Te engañan diciendo que es gratuito y tras 15 días, cuando ya probablemente lo tengas impreso en tus flyers, tarjetas de visita, etc, te vienen con que tienes que pagar 70 por usar su código QR el cual según ellos era sólo un trial. Encima solo lo puedes usar por 1 año y con un número limitado de lecturas. PURO ENGAÑO!! Encima te extorsionan a facturas para que pagues si no quieres que te suba la factura. No cojais ningun código de esta gente, no son nada claros y encima estás suscribiéndote con ellos y no veas qué rollo para cancelar. Esto es puro phising! Mucho mejor que generes tus códigos con www.qrcode-monkey.com

brianh657
2/22/19

I just want to help reach and warn other people about how deceitful and unscrupulous this company is. I agree with all the bad reviews here. There is no reminder you are coming up on your auto renewal and when you ask for your money back they more or less just tell you tuff $#*!. Now I will throw away all my brochures with QR codes and start over to make sure I break all ties with these thieves. I think we should all email them everyday to ensure our auto renew is turned off.

justinc230
2/12/19

Like everybody else on this page, the QR generator website is as corrupt as it gets!
Made a QR code, placed it on couple hundred flyers and just before the launch, the 14 day trial came to an end (wait, trial?!).

After contacting customer service they offered the Free Plan (flyers were already printed so I had no choice obviously) which gave me 100 scan statistics. Only to find out that half of the scans came from the other side of the world..?

Contacted customer service again and were connected to a 'Rostyslav'. My goodness, using a chat function as poorly as Rostyslav did is a clear sign how badly this company is being runned. Partly answering my questions (without a solution of course) and writing every part as if it was a new conversation (Hi there..if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.. bla bla - DUDE WE'VE BEEN TALKING FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS!!)

So it turns out their own website places scans (which they call 'security checks') so that at the end of the day half of your scans is not realible..

Rest to say that my experience with this company is scary bad! 1/5 stars is way to high.

cj184
2/4/19

They lure you to create a "free" QR code and account. If you engage their paid service, know that they will not prompt you at renewal time and will not accept a cancellation request even if it's clear that you stopped using the service long ago. Instead, they will hound you with invoices, lie about their renewal policies, and force you to pay up. Very disappointing and very poor customer service. Don't make our mistake. Create your QR codes elsewhere.

oscarg56
1/1/19

Nowhere in the process of creating this QR code does it say that it is a trial. After creating my QR code I invested money in cards, fliers and posters just to find out that this would get deactivated 14 days later without notice. This is a straight out scam. And they're not paying for your loss. I don't know why laws are not protecting consumers from these websites.

inpanathani
12/22/18

would rather give "0" if possible.
When users register it says for free. But after 14 days they send you an email saying unlock the QR code to further use by paying them. YThen they saying they have two methods of QR codes and one is free. But users can not find the free method at all.

They will disable your QR code in 14 days and ask you to pay for activating the code again

I've done the QR code with them, then I've spent a lot of money on marketing with that QR code. (Adverts / Flyers / Banners and many more). In a few days, they disabled my QR code and asked me to pay for continuing their service. It's really no matter about the money. But the way they pretend to be is a scam. On their website, users can not see any free plan options. When users complain then I heard they send you a link to activate whatever so-called free plan they have. But they do not have that direct link on their website.

It's worth to try some other QR code generator website as of there are 100s of companies out there who provide free service which users can use without paying a penny.

At the end of the 14 days period when the company asks the user to renew, users are in a desperate situation. Because like me if somebody did marketing and this and that then we do not have the choice rather than subscribe. This has to stop. I've already complained to this company and Trading Standards too.

pedrog109
12/14/18

Crear códigos QR es facil con cualquier aplicación online pero ésta en particular intenta convencerte de utilizar códigos "dinámicos" (invento de ellos) que al principio dicen que son gratis y luego de 14 días te los intentan cobrar a precio de oro cuando uno ya tiene los códigos impresos y en funcionamiento y no puede decir que no.

candyb38
12/9/18

By default a mysterious dynamic code is created which one can use only after subscribed for a year otherwise codes are inactive. No warning no prices shown. No other option for the free static code.
Stay away

bene54
12/5/18

qr-code-generator.com pays to advertise their site as a FREE QR code on Google. Their site says nothing about billing and it's easy to create a QR code. A week later, however, you receive an email that your free trial is almost up. Nowhere does their website mention that it's a trial. If you've paid to print this QR code on something, they now have you under the screws. Really a terrible way to do business!

tarenm1
11/26/18

Like a previous person said in their review...they will not let you pay monthly. They hold you hostage. I was in a hurry to print some new business cards and thought it would be nice to include the QR code. Now the link is inactive and they want $60 annually for $30 worth of business cards. I will use them on a stick on calendar so that people will not see the QR code on the back and hope that others read this review.

hernests
11/26/18

They let you create QR, then after 14 days they block them and they blackmail the user to pay to keep the QR's alive. You can't even pay for just 1 month, you have to pay for an entire year, to keep just 2 QR.

sandib28
11/20/18

I would give a zero if I could. Their business isn't transparent at all. You get the feeling that everything is free but then your QR codes get expired after 2 weeks. I've had them printed on my cards and used 4. The starter package only allows for 2 codes so I have to buy the next one that's only available as an annual so away goes 150...

markej
11/12/18

Given a free trial so assumed - as it did not state otherwise - that I could create a couple of QR codes for my fun wedding invitation. As others have done - I printed them and then the free-trial ending warnings came with warnings that the free code I had made would not work if I did not buy a membership. Ho hum. Lesson learned and went to a free site. Read three review!!!!

bilala20
11/11/18

Fraud, beaware not to put your credit card details. I signed up for the service a year ago and used it for a project for about 3 months, and the project was done and am not using the service anymore. A year later, I get an invoice for renewal requesting me to pay for one more year, I wrote to support saying that I do not need the sercice anymore, they replied that you have to pay because you did not cancel. I work with tens of subscription services and they all send a notice before the renewal date so that subscrivers can cancel if they do not need the service anymore, but those guys are fraudsters and they rely on poeple forgetting to cancel a service that is not ised anymore.

andrieso
11/11/18

I needed 1 QR-code and was lured by the text 'Create your QR Code for free'. After it was printed I received a bill. Apparently the costs are written (hidden) in the terms and conditions. And let's be honest, most people don't read this in a situation like this and won't expect a bill if you only have to fill in an e-mail address, don't see a payment page and see a head line 'Create your QR Code for free'. I contacted them that I wanted to pay, as the QR-code was printed and otherwise it would became useless. Already felt a bit tricked.

But then a year after, I receive another bill for a new year to come. I contacted them that I didn't ask for this and don't wish a new year. They didn't care and only wanted the money. They claimed sending reminders/notifications etc. Never received these and they could't send me proof of it. They just claim the notifications probably ended up in my spam and that's beyond their power (whereas I always check spam subjects before removing). And strange that the bills and reminders of the bills do arrive.

They just force you to pay, even though the 'service' you pay for is in the future. The only argument is the 'terms and conditions'.

So I paid again and will never do business with them anymore. If anyone reads this: be wise and go to a different QR-code generator page.

margaritak11
11/9/18

Very useful service for creating beautiful qr-codes with analytics of scanning. There are conditions for paid and free plans - they need to be considered. I'm using free tariff and enjoy it a lot.

berberb
11/2/18

I also created a free simple QR-code, and used it to create car stickers for our cars. Then when I get the stickers and test the qr-code, the code does not work anymore. I will have to upgrade and pay to be able to use the QR-code. I was able to choose the free account version but this only gives you a 100 scan of you QR-code. I just needed a simple QR-code and by accident choose the wrong generator.

I was stupid enough to use this generator but will definitely not sign up for a paid account.
TIP!! Do not use this generator and do not sign up for a paid account. You can generate a simple QR-code for free at other locations, that do not scam you like this.

This service is run by bait and switch scammers. They will squeeze you for every penny they can.

By C J.

Questions? Get answers from the www.qr-code-generator.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for www.qr-code-generator.com