www.qr-code-generator.com reviews

Tel: +1-(646)-712-9308
support@qr-code-generator.com

justinc230
2/12/19

Like everybody else on this page, the QR generator website is as corrupt as it gets!
Made a QR code, placed it on couple hundred flyers and just before the launch, the 14 day trial came to an end (wait, trial?!).

After contacting customer service they offered the Free Plan (flyers were already printed so I had no choice obviously) which gave me 100 scan statistics. Only to find out that half of the scans came from the other side of the world..?

Contacted customer service again and were connected to a 'Rostyslav'. My goodness, using a chat function as poorly as Rostyslav did is a clear sign how badly this company is being runned. Partly answering my questions (without a solution of course) and writing every part as if it was a new conversation (Hi there..if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.. bla bla - DUDE WE'VE BEEN TALKING FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS!!)

So it turns out their own website places scans (which they call 'security checks') so that at the end of the day half of your scans is not realible..

Rest to say that my experience with this company is scary bad! 1/5 stars is way to high.

cj184
2/4/19

They lure you to create a "free" QR code and account. If you engage their paid service, know that they will not prompt you at renewal time and will not accept a cancellation request even if it's clear that you stopped using the service long ago. Instead, they will hound you with invoices, lie about their renewal policies, and force you to pay up. Very disappointing and very poor customer service. Don't make our mistake. Create your QR codes elsewhere.

oscarg56
1/1/19

Nowhere in the process of creating this QR code does it say that it is a trial. After creating my QR code I invested money in cards, fliers and posters just to find out that this would get deactivated 14 days later without notice. This is a straight out scam. And they're not paying for your loss. I don't know why laws are not protecting consumers from these websites.

inpanathani
12/22/18

would rather give "0" if possible.
When users register it says for free. But after 14 days they send you an email saying unlock the QR code to further use by paying them. YThen they saying they have two methods of QR codes and one is free. But users can not find the free method at all.

They will disable your QR code in 14 days and ask you to pay for activating the code again

I've done the QR code with them, then I've spent a lot of money on marketing with that QR code. (Adverts / Flyers / Banners and many more). In a few days, they disabled my QR code and asked me to pay for continuing their service. It's really no matter about the money. But the way they pretend to be is a scam. On their website, users can not see any free plan options. When users complain then I heard they send you a link to activate whatever so-called free plan they have. But they do not have that direct link on their website.

It's worth to try some other QR code generator website as of there are 100s of companies out there who provide free service which users can use without paying a penny.

At the end of the 14 days period when the company asks the user to renew, users are in a desperate situation. Because like me if somebody did marketing and this and that then we do not have the choice rather than subscribe. This has to stop. I've already complained to this company and Trading Standards too.

pedrog109
12/14/18

Crear códigos QR es facil con cualquier aplicación online pero ésta en particular intenta convencerte de utilizar códigos "dinámicos" (invento de ellos) que al principio dicen que son gratis y luego de 14 días te los intentan cobrar a precio de oro cuando uno ya tiene los códigos impresos y en funcionamiento y no puede decir que no.

candyb38
12/9/18

By default a mysterious dynamic code is created which one can use only after subscribed for a year otherwise codes are inactive. No warning no prices shown. No other option for the free static code.
Stay away

bene54
12/5/18

qr-code-generator.com pays to advertise their site as a FREE QR code on Google. Their site says nothing about billing and it's easy to create a QR code. A week later, however, you receive an email that your free trial is almost up. Nowhere does their website mention that it's a trial. If you've paid to print this QR code on something, they now have you under the screws. Really a terrible way to do business!

tarenm1
11/26/18

Like a previous person said in their review...they will not let you pay monthly. They hold you hostage. I was in a hurry to print some new business cards and thought it would be nice to include the QR code. Now the link is inactive and they want $60 annually for $30 worth of business cards. I will use them on a stick on calendar so that people will not see the QR code on the back and hope that others read this review.

hernests
11/26/18

They let you create QR, then after 14 days they block them and they blackmail the user to pay to keep the QR's alive. You can't even pay for just 1 month, you have to pay for an entire year, to keep just 2 QR.

sandib28
11/20/18

I would give a zero if I could. Their business isn't transparent at all. You get the feeling that everything is free but then your QR codes get expired after 2 weeks. I've had them printed on my cards and used 4. The starter package only allows for 2 codes so I have to buy the next one that's only available as an annual so away goes 150...

markej
11/12/18

Given a free trial so assumed - as it did not state otherwise - that I could create a couple of QR codes for my fun wedding invitation. As others have done - I printed them and then the free-trial ending warnings came with warnings that the free code I had made would not work if I did not buy a membership. Ho hum. Lesson learned and went to a free site. Read three review!!!!

bilala20
11/11/18

Fraud, beaware not to put your credit card details. I signed up for the service a year ago and used it for a project for about 3 months, and the project was done and am not using the service anymore. A year later, I get an invoice for renewal requesting me to pay for one more year, I wrote to support saying that I do not need the sercice anymore, they replied that you have to pay because you did not cancel. I work with tens of subscription services and they all send a notice before the renewal date so that subscrivers can cancel if they do not need the service anymore, but those guys are fraudsters and they rely on poeple forgetting to cancel a service that is not ised anymore.

andrieso
11/11/18

I needed 1 QR-code and was lured by the text 'Create your QR Code for free'. After it was printed I received a bill. Apparently the costs are written (hidden) in the terms and conditions. And let's be honest, most people don't read this in a situation like this and won't expect a bill if you only have to fill in an e-mail address, don't see a payment page and see a head line 'Create your QR Code for free'. I contacted them that I wanted to pay, as the QR-code was printed and otherwise it would became useless. Already felt a bit tricked.

But then a year after, I receive another bill for a new year to come. I contacted them that I didn't ask for this and don't wish a new year. They didn't care and only wanted the money. They claimed sending reminders/notifications etc. Never received these and they could't send me proof of it. They just claim the notifications probably ended up in my spam and that's beyond their power (whereas I always check spam subjects before removing). And strange that the bills and reminders of the bills do arrive.

They just force you to pay, even though the 'service' you pay for is in the future. The only argument is the 'terms and conditions'.

So I paid again and will never do business with them anymore. If anyone reads this: be wise and go to a different QR-code generator page.

margaritak11
11/9/18

Very useful service for creating beautiful qr-codes with analytics of scanning. There are conditions for paid and free plans - they need to be considered. I'm using free tariff and enjoy it a lot.

berberb
11/2/18

I also created a free simple QR-code, and used it to create car stickers for our cars. Then when I get the stickers and test the qr-code, the code does not work anymore. I will have to upgrade and pay to be able to use the QR-code. I was able to choose the free account version but this only gives you a 100 scan of you QR-code. I just needed a simple QR-code and by accident choose the wrong generator.

I was stupid enough to use this generator but will definitely not sign up for a paid account.
TIP!! Do not use this generator and do not sign up for a paid account. You can generate a simple QR-code for free at other locations, that do not scam you like this.

neilr97
10/31/18

They take your money and renew your subscription without warning. When you tell them you don't want to renew they say that you've signed up to their terms and conditions that force you to renew. Avoid this website like the plague.
The reply from the company below states they sent a reminder email prior to renewal. I received no such reminder; I've check my spam and deleted items. No such email. Now all they send is threatening emails saying I'll incur more costs if I don't pay.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for taking the time to review us, Neil. To avoid any misunderstandings, we inform our customers pre-purchase on our plans and pricing page that our subscriptions renew automatically. Additionally, we sent out an email confirmation right after the purchase providing our customers with all the details regarding their purchase. Also, we notify our customers about the renewal of their subscription 30 days prior to the renewal date via email so that they can get in touch with us. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our support at support@qr-code-generator.com.
diont11
10/2/18

Like many other people on here, I was not made aware my subscription was coming to an end, I was not made aware that I was approaching the cancellation period. They sent German language emails to me at the start of my subscription and then said that those very same emails contained information about automatic renewal... Yet I cannot read German! I contacted them on the day they sent me an email stating they would take payment for another year's subscription explaining that I used their website once! In September 2017 and have literally not used it since. It is now September 2018 and despite telling them "no I do not wish to renew my subscription" they are telling me "tough, you did not cancel 30 days prior and now you must pay us 180 for a whole new year of subscription or they trigger their debt collection. They said they sent me an email 30 days prior to remind me of this! NO SUCH EMAIL WAS SENT, i checked my spam and inbox and nothing. I explained that I used their website once in September 2017 and therefore they can see how inactive my subscription is, they did not care or take this into consideration in the least and instead kept going with their robot, inconsiderate, fraudulent attitude of " we only care about taking as much money from you as possible and do not want to listen to your point." It is disgusting that you say to them on the day they email you saying they want to take payment for the new year subscription that you want to cancel and do not wish to proceed and they reply "tough luck" you are locked in for another year now and if you don"t we will just apply legal action! I mean that is fraudulent activity if I have ever seen it!! Forcing people to pay and stay!! Despite what you want or ask of them!!! I even said I will literally not use your website at all and have no need of this new subscription, they said " tough you must pay for a new subscription regardless for 180. It is an absolute SCAM!!! BE WARNED AND DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!!! THEY ARE CHEATERS AND CON MEN! FORCING YOU TO PAY REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU WANT.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experiences with us. We are sorry to hear that our terms and conditions seemed confusing to you. Please understand that we cannot discuss any details regarding your subscription on Trustpilot. Therefore, we would kindly like to ask you to contact our customer support once more at support@qr-code-generator.com and ask for the supervisor. Thanks for your understanding!
nickm257
9/19/18

Same story here unfortunately... signed up accidentally & discovered I was committed to the year. Terms are a tad robotic & leave a bad taste in the mouth... it is my opinion that this product is overpriced & the terms are designed to prevent clients from cancelling after' they realise they've overpaid for a pretty standard product. A common practice typically associated with inferior or undelivering products & services.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for providing us with your opinion on our terms and conditions and the software. We are sorry to hear that you don’t see the additional value our software provides to the use of QR Codes, such as scan statistics that tell you when where and with which device your QR Code has been scanned or the opportunity to customize the design of your QR Code, add a frame and catch people’s attention. Please feel free to contact our customer support at support@qr-code-generator.com in case you have any questions about our terms and conditions. They are happy to help.
tylerh132
9/14/18

https://www.qr-code-generator.com/ Overall, they provided us a service and it worked. The issue for us is that their terms seem to state that we would get a reminder email 30 days before our subscription renewed. We did not. Furthermore, their terms also seem to state that we have 14 days to cancel our subscription...well, they'll allow us to cancel but won't refund our money, which was billed at an ANNUAL rate.

If you're prepared to deal with rigid customer service and a company that values $174 more than customer loyalty, then have fun with QRCG.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us, Tyler. Sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with the customer service. As you already pointed out, we do send out an email reminder 30 days prior to the renewal date of the subscription. Please understand that we are only able to make sure that the email reminder has been sent out to our customers in the first place. When it comes to the spam settings of your email provider, it is beyond our power to determine, if the email reaches your inbox or spam folder or is blocked due to any other security restrictions. Additionally, and to avoid misunderstandings, we inform our customers pre-purchase on our plans and pricing page that our subscriptions renew automatically. Also, we sent out an email confirmation right after the purchase providing our customers with all the details regarding their purchase including the renewal date. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact our support at support@qr-code-generator.com.
sergioc52
8/21/18

They sell it as a free service but 14 days later they email you asking for a subscription. Either you pay or all your printed codes will be useless!
Do not fall in their trap!!

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for your review, Sergio. As displayed on our website, we offer the free QR Code Generator at qr-code-generator.com. It allows you to create a selection of QR Codes for free. Furthermore, our customers can also go for the QR Code Generator Pro (QRCG Pro), which offers additional premium features, such as dynamic QR Codes with custom design and scan statistics. If you decide to go for one of these Codes, you can test QRCG Pro by signing up for a 14-days free trial. This is stated on our website, plans and pricing table, as well as on the sign up screen. Did you notice that we also offer our customers a free plan? This is the right plan for those who would like to create 1 dynamisch URL Qr Code and up to 5 static QR Codes. Plase feel free to contact our support team at support@qr-code-generator.com, if you need any further information. We hope this reply helps you.
dw151
8/2/18

I signed up for what I thought was a free plan. After printing everything with the QR codes, I find out my trial is about to end and I'm not on the free plan at all. Either I give them money, which I now will never do, or I will lose my QR codes. Never use this service.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thank you for your feedback. Please mind that we inform our customers on the registration page that they are about to sign up for a 14-days free trial of the QR Code Generator Pro. Like this, our customers have the chance to try out all the handy features that come with the Generator Pro, such as Dynamic QR Codes, customizable Code designs, scan statistics and more. We are sad to hear that this wasn't clear to you when you signed up for the 14-days free trial. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer support at support@qr-code-generator.com should you have any further questions or need any further assistance.
benn51
7/8/18

Once you give them your payment information, be prepared for bills no matter what. Even if you try to cancel service the NEXT DAY. Subscription trickery at its finest.

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for taking the time to rate us, Ben. We are sorry to hear about your confusion. Please mind that qr-code-generator.com is our free software to generate QR Codes. This means anyone can use it without any costs. If customers decide to go for a Dynamic QR Code and the benefits of it (such as scan statistics or customizable Code designs and landing pages) a pop-up suggests to sign up for a 14-days free trial to give QR Code Generator Pro and all its premium features a try.
We inform our customers pre-purchase on our plans and pricing page that our subscriptions renew monthly or annually. Additionally, we sent out an email confirmation right after the purchase providing our customers with all the details regarding their purchase. Also, we notify our customers about the renewal of their subscription 30 days prior to the renewal date via email so that they can get in touch with us. Please understand that we are only able to make sure that the email reminder has been sent out to our customers in the first place. When it comes to the spam settings of your email provider, it is beyond our power to determine, if the email reaches your inbox or spam folder or is blocked due to any other security restrictions. We hope for your understanding.
jimb554
5/28/18

We were prepared to buy the subscription. However, their way of running the company are closer to fraudsters rather than trustworthy companies. The sales pitch "feels" like blackmail, and really who needs partners like this?

( The company said none of this- this is the feeling created by the consumer experience which is very relevant to future consumers)- "Hey! here is a free trial of our great product, use it, and see how great it is. You will be able to continue to use whatever you do for free" And then they say "Your free trial is ending and whatever link you created will die, unless you pay for the subscription. I know we said free, but we didn't really mean it, see we were intentionally trying to mislead you into making a mistake monetarily requiring you to pay us money, you know similar to fraud, so, if you don't want that link to die, then you need to pay us. Have a great day."

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Hi, Jim! Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We are sad to hear about your negative experiences. Maybe you did not yet come across our Free Plan? It allows you to create 1 Dynamic and up to 5 Static QR Codes and is completely free of charge. Just go to our Plans & Pricing page after sign in, scroll to the bottom of the website and click on "Activate Free Plan". We hope this helps.
jwdd
4/5/18

Please avoid using qr-code-generator, especially on their free trial.

I used it for my client on their free trial, I simply entered the URL address and got a QR code image to use, so we printed it on 23,000 leaflets, then 14-days later I received warning emails that the code would no longer work unless we paid them money! The leaflets hadn't even been distributed to their audience to evaluate if they would use the scan option or not!

I contacted QR-Code-generator immediately stressed and confused, to say that the trial is 'free and no obligation' to be informed they automatically set it to a 'Dynamic' type QR code 'as it is the most popular' and Dynamic codes are not free after 14-days.

I had no idea about this and there were no pop-up warnings etc on their site.

I am a designer, I told QR-Code-generator my client was furious that they now had 23,000 leaflets with a scan code that no longer worked and they (and I felt) conned. I asked if they could make it a Static free code and was told 'no' we need to pay, frankly the emails came across as blackmail.

The QR-Code-generator website doesn't thoroughly clearly warn you about the different code types (or charges) and the automatic Dynamic setting means the codes are not for free or without obligation, making their website totally misleading.

Their customer care is also appalling.

Don't make the mistake I did avoid this company at all cost!

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. Unfortunately, once a QR Code (Dynamic or Static) has been created it is never possible to change or adjust it without creating a new Code. The Free QR Code Generator on www.qr-code-generator.com offers you to create a selection of Static QR Codes. If you click the “Dynamic” option, a pop-up suggests to sign up for a 14-days free trial to give QR Code Generator Pro (QRCG Pro) a try. This is due to additional premium features that are only available with Dynamic Codes (such as a landing pages and scan statistics). We are saddened these information seemed confusing to you. Our team is continuously working to improve our website and will take your feedback into account. Should you have any further questions our customer support is happy to help you via support@qr-code-generator.com.
iliaa1
3/28/18

qr-code-generator.com

This people care only to take your money.
Be AWARE of their refund practice.
They renew automaticly and send an email to remind you 30 days before the process, this mail is in my SPAM folder. (and they know this...they know that you will forgot about automatic renewal)

Response from Charleen S., www.qr-code-generator.com Representative
Thanks for reaching out to us. Please understand that we are only able to make sure that the email reminder was sent out to our customers in the first place. When it comes to the spam settings of your email provider, it is beyond our power to determine, if the email reaches your inbox or spam folder or is blocked due to any other security rule. We specifically remind our customers 30 days prior to the renewal date of a subscription so that they can get in touch with us about it. We hope for your understanding.

This service is run by bait and switch scammers. They will squeeze you for every penny they can.

By C J.
Questions? Get answers from the www.qr-code-generator.com staff and other customers.

2 Photos for www.qr-code-generator.com