Powerhouse Fitness

Powerhouse Fitness has a consumer rating of 1.21 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Powerhouse Fitness also ranks 73rd among Fitness Equipment sites. The most common issues with Powerhouse Fitness are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Calling the customer service was pointless as no one ever picked up the phone.
  • Cancelled my order and requested a refund which took 3 weeks to process but was advised within 5 working days.
How would you rate Powerhouse Fitness?

“Absolutely cool site for buying weight training equipment”

Kumar M.
3/7/11

Absolutely cool site for buying weight training equipment. I was lookin for this and compared to all the other sites, they come out the cheapest. Their delivery was great as well.

“Taking Customers Money With No Stock!”

Mike S.
4/2/20

Avoid this company... take your money knowing they have no stock... Website confirmed stock and delivery dates of 7-10 days... Over 2 weeks waiting had No communication from them at all so decided to call... Now told stock due in mid May! Terrible Customer service... Waiting for refund 5 - 7 days? Took my money quick enough though...

customer service (13) order (17) 2 weeks (3) 3 weeks (3)
mikes2297
April 2nd, 2020
jenniferm1598
February 10th, 2020
Bought a treadmill from here, arrived with the electric cable all twisted and bare wires showing, contacted customer service many times with no response, eventually someone replied and said they would get a manager to call me ASAP but that never happened, still waiting and I purchased it on the 19th of February, appalling
walterw160
April 30th, 2020
Ordered and paid for an item (last one) on Monday, was sent an email saying it was being picked then would be dispatched. Tuesday received email saying that due to a stock discrepancy' they couldn't fulfil the order and would be refunded. Waited till today (Thursday) for refund back to bank. Have just checked and apparently the item is in stock. That must have known the item was coming back into stock- could they not have asked if I wanted to delay my order for a couple of days? They've also had the cheek to keep me on their mailing list. Like I'm gonna buy anything from them again. Clowns.
johnp2519
March 24th, 2020
Terrible non-existent customer service and delivery. Goods arrived late and broken - issues were not resolved.
rajasekaranc
May 12th, 2020
I wish I read all the bad reviews about Powerhouse fitness before ordering my treadmill. As described in other reviews I am undergoing a traumatic experience with the Powerhouse fitness online team.

I ordered an expensive Lifestyle treadmill worth £2799. A damaged treadmill was delivered on 24/04/2020. Since then I have been emailing all the team emails of powerhouse. No response yet. I have had a chance to engage with their live chat service 10 days ago. The chat person said he will ask the technical team to look into it, but still no response yet. The unused treadmill packs are now occupying the whole room. Power house has not contacted me yet for the past 3 weeks to take the damaged treadmill back.

I will never recommend this website to anyone and I will never use it again.
alistairb11
June 16th, 2020
Faulty item with online order, sent video in as requested, but now ignoring my emails about returning the faulty item.
annj145
April 28th, 2020
Took my money when items out of stock. Only responded to my many emails when I involved PayPal. Took over 6 weeks to get a refund.
barneyd19
April 15th, 2020
Order Number: WK420761
Order Items: 1 x WTWK0044 + 2 x WTOW0282

My experience of Powerhouse Fitness has been the same as many people on this site.
I ordered my equipment on 20/03/20 and the auto-response email from PHF at the time said I would be notified within 72 96 hours if there was a problem with my order and that the delivery timescale was up to 10 days. Since then I've had no communication from PHF at all.
I emailed on the 31/03/20 to ask whether the items were in stock and if not, when would they expect them to be. I had no response. I also tried to contact them by Live Chat on the website but couldn't get through.
PHF seems to have a massive problem with Communication, items not being in stock, incorrect items being sent out and partial order deliveries.
They have 9 Shops in England and their trading group has 72 stores across Europe. How can a chain of this size be so badly managed?
I was worried that they had gone bust while holding my money so I checked Companies House and found that in their last filing they had made a £867,263 loss.
This, with the likelihood that the supply chain has most likely broken down, the total lack of communication and taking money on orders that they can't fulfil makes it look like I and other customers are effectively giving PHF a free loan to get them through this bad time.
I ended up not having any faith in my order turning up, being complete in items or ever receiving any communication and so I cancelled my order.
For those people who are struggling to get a refund, just email Powerhouse Fitness and let them know you're handing it over to PayPal or your Credit Card Company if you don't receive the refund by a certain date.
They seem to actually read those emails. I did this and finally got a reply and a refund from them.
I'll never use this company again.
kumarm
March 7th, 2011
pollyannab
April 14th, 2020
DO NOT BUY FROM POWERHOUSE FITNESS EVER. If i could rate zero stars I would. I certainly will not be going anywhere near this company once my order has finally been received and I receive some part refund for the terrible service this company has given.

Their communication and customer service is terrible. After ordering with a confirmed 5-10 working days delivery, I am now on working day number 16 without any communication at all from Powerhouse Fitness. Today I was suppose to receive my order, finally, a email came from DPD, but on contacting DPD to ask where my order was, they confirmed they have not yet received it from Powerhouse Fitness. No matter via email or chat I am getting no response - by turning their phone lines off and giving ridiculous wait times for a response to an email they are really doing themselves no favours. Communication is key to ensure your customers are understandin and not raging.

Still no response to my first email which was sent on the 2nd of April, depsite again more lies they get back to you within 3-5 working days... on further communication, they have now changed to 5-10 working days TO RESPOND TO AN EMAIL without informing anyone or getting back to people in that time. I have now been waiting over an hour on their live chat despite telling me it approx a 10minute wait. THIS COMPANY IS AWFUL AND AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
richardz42
August 24th, 2018
I wanted to return my order as it was suitable, I contacted the company on 4 occasions and promised someone would contact be back. 30 days after i finally receive an email stating that i could not return so the company waited to the time had lapsed before contacting me
So as long as you do not want to return you will be fine!
nareshj3
January 1st, 2019
I purchased a cross trainer from this company and paid by Paypal. I received confirmation of delivery and tracking number. I had to change my plans to make sure I'm available on the day for delivery. The day before I noticed the tracking number was not showing up anything so I contacted power house and asked if it is correct. They came back and said Unfortunately we canceled the order due to pricing error. As you can expect I was not pleased as I have purchased the product and expect to receive it. What annoyed me futher was their was no apology even, just "there was a pricing error so we cancelled it" I ask why did you not inform me earlier that they were canceling the order I could have kept my original plan. No reply. Ok fine it's not coming please refund me my money. They replied we will refund you once the courier returns the goods to us. At this point I was fuming. They cancelled the order and arranged for the courier not to deliver and return the goods but will not refund me which left me out of pocket for a mistake they made. They had already spoke to the couriers to have the goods returned why could they not refund me. I want back and said I was not happy but I'm happy to negotiate, you have my money do you have another product you can sale me in the same price bracket may be a bit more I'm happy to pay or maybe you can give a bit of a discount for all your mistakes. They replied no we have nothing. At this point I demanded for my refund and I'm still waiting this original began on the 27dec And I'm still waiting for my refund even after they garuanteed in writing I would have it on the 31st Dec. No customer service and a "we really don't care attitude".
wayneb
August 17th, 2018
So i purchased a treadmill that apparently comes with a free ifit tracker to which i haven't received yet!
Phoning them does nothing as said many times customer service do not answer nether does emails they simply do not respond period! If you phone sales you will talk to someone BUT they fob you off with someone will be in touch soon, load of horse &*&*
Seriously wish i never bothered with them and read more online reviews beforehand, i guess you live and learn.
PLEASE don't make my mistake guys i am not the ONLY one saying this.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY POWERHOUSE FITNESS

You will be dissappointed and their is no customer service at all.
kah20
April 28th, 2015
Worst experience ever, charged me on a set dumbbells (£220) but did not deliver the item as advised. Called up their customer service and was told my bank information was incorrect. If it was then how did you manage to charge me? Cancelled my order and requested a refund which took 3 weeks to process but was advised within 5 working days.

After numerous complaint calls and emails, my only reply was from Jayne Crawford (customer service)
"Sincere apologies in the delayed response. We are currently experiencing high volume of calls and emails"
Absolutely useless.
melissaw57
April 27th, 2016
Went online to buy an exercise bike, then found out it was out of stock, but for £10 more I could have a different one that was in stock, I was happy with this so rang up 1:
1)when you ring you have 2 main options - a)to place an order or b)discuss an order already placed, tried multiple times for option b - no one answers, of course if you try option a) they answer straight away.
2) When I tried to amend my order and questioned how I was able to order something out of stock - the lady was very rude and almost called me out as a liar
Easy decision - cancel order and I will never order from you again.
tomt54
February 3rd, 2015
My experience mirrors many reviews here. Customer Service won't answer calls, messages or emails. Can only get through by calling Sales (for obvious reasons). Was told twice that they would look into the order and call back. They didn't. Was told twice that it had been despatched. It hadn't.

I still haven't received my order!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother!

nikid4
March 21st, 2016
I ordered a multi gym and was told it would be delivered on Friday I waited in all day and nothing. I phoned and was told the drivers are running late with heavy traffic and to wait a while so I did. I waited until 6.30pm. Then gave up hope. I spoke to customer service on Saturday who couldn't answer the question "where is my 116kg multi gym?" Nobody knew where it was and I was told they would make sure it would be delivered on Monday AM call.
Again I waited in and nothing again I spoke to customer service who couldn't locate my order. They told me an AM call is from 8am - 12pm. I phone again at 12.45pm and was told I will phone you back. At 1.30pm I finally got my delivery the two guys came to the door and confirmed it was I fact my long lost gym I asked could you put it upstairs they said NO we can only leave it on the floor outside my front door which btw is down 4 steps. So I will now have to wait for someone to help me to lift it. Worst service ever. It's a shame as the company sell amazing products at amazing prices
patriciap31
February 4th, 2015
I ordered my goods on January 5th, meant to be delivered January 9th but it was not. Calling the customer service was pointless as no one ever picked up the phone. Then I got text message from delivery company in the evening January 13th saying that the order is about to be delivered the same day in the morning time - I can't travel in time! But anyway nothing came. Then I called the delivery company where are they, they said something went wrong so they sent the goods back to the sender. Then I called the powerhouse fitness' customer service, unsurprisingly no response. I emailed Sales department so I got after more than 2 weeks first response from someone who still did not passed my enquiry to the customer service so it was again pointless. Then after almost a month 27th January a woman picked up the phone saying that they were not able to deliver my good as it was a 2 man job and there was only one on the truck! That is not my problem. So she said she would sent my good in 3-5 working days. Again nothing came. So after the 5th day I called the customer service again no response, I emailed the sales again and they gave me an email address of Manager of the Department who did not get back to me. So next day I called the Customer Service again and on the 4th attempt, a woman picked up the phone. So I had to tell my story maybe for the 5th time, but anyway she was not really sorry about what has been happening. And she told me she is not her colleague and she has no idea why the other woman told me it is meant to be delivered in these 3-5 working days as it is 2 man job delivery and it last much longer.
It's been a month and I haven't received my goods yet. People at Customer Service are unwilling to help and I would never recommend this company to anyone. Well, you might be lucky and you'll receive your goods, but as soon as you have to talk to customer service, you're stuck.
andrewm170
April 6th, 2016
DX delivered my Proform S9 treadmil at 10pm after keeping me waiting for 2 days. On closer inspection the next day the main body of the treadmill was cracked in a few places. After week 2 of at least one call per day to the Glasgow store where it was sent from I was promised a new machine, a 10% refund, a free mat and install and for the other machine to be removed. After chasing them up again for a date I was told that ICON, the manufacturers are 'refusing'. Powerhouse Fitness are the seller and the seller is responsible for goods damages in transit. Not ICON and not DX. However, Powerhouse Fitness do not have the facilities to deal with the delivery and pickup of goods damaged or otherwise. Don't waste your time with this company. I still have a broken treadmill in my living room and we are well into week 3 since delivery. Luckily, I have not paid the full amount because I bought it on credit so I will eventually get a refund 40 days from the day of my complaint to V12 finance. 3 weeks to go...
georgea39
December 9th, 2014
Item i bought is late. Terrible customer service team. Avoid!
razzerw
November 30th, 2014
Awful. Just awful. I ordered an item on a 5 day delivery, but phoned up when my order hadn't arrived. It turned out that the item I had ordered had been 'discontinued', but they offered me a 'like for like' option. It was nice of them to inform me, had I not phoned up I would probably have been forever waiting for it to arrive!

I asked them to clarify that the alternative had the exact features I was looking for, as that was the only reason I had forked out so much to buy it. I was ensured that it was, so I said this was fine. I then, for a sanity check, went to triple check the item specifications to ensure it was as it had been described, but it turned out it was not! I then emailed back asking for them to clarify, but received no response, with the 'delivery date' being on the Monday I was concerned that the item may arrive despite me requesting it not to due to these issues...

I would avoid at all costs. Customer service seems to be the least of this companies concerns, and as a sales professional myself, poor customer service is something I have no tolerance for.
evank12
April 4th, 2014
DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE
DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE

The quickest they will be is taking money from your account.

After payment this company they could not care less. I had to chase them for a delivery date, took the day off work, and at 3pm I had not heard anything.

I had to call and chase them, at which point the said my order is not coming. Its an absolute joke. If thats the way they process an order of over £1,000, I would not want to see what they for smaller orders.

If your in two minds about getting a treadmill you may as well get it from here, as after you pay, you still will not actually have a treadmill. Time wasters and scummy company. No they are saying they have to verify if I can get a refund.

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!
davidm128
March 22nd, 2013
Avoid this company at all costs.

I ordered a kettlebell way back at the begining of Feb which the website stated was in stock. I payed for express delivery and my account was debited straight away. When I called to enquire I was told that my item was not in stock and that I would have to wait four weeks for it. In this instance they refunded my postage and I was advised that they always over estimate the delivery times and that they were just waiting for the shipment to clear customs. After a full four weeks I chased my order and was informed that it would be another 5-10 days. I wrote a complaint regarding the timescales and the fact that they were advertising items in stock that they could not supply. I then told that in the t&c's it states that it is not a live stock feed, but they would pass my complaint on to a customers services manager. Over the next few hours I received confused emails from two different advisors telling me different things. One advised another 4-6 week wait, while another claimed that my order was in Ireland (I live in South Wales) and that the courier had tried to contact my mobile which never happened. I asked if they would be prepared to offer a similar product only to be told that they had no stock of any of the kettlebells I required. Still the website is showing them in stock and they are even offering them on thier Amazon page. I have not heard from a customer service manager regarding my initial complaint and I have now canceled my order and requested a full refund. I will not be using this company again, which is a shame because they are the only company in the Uk that sell the Bodymax Kettlebone Kettlebells that I really like. Do not waste your time with Powerhouse, shop around for a more reliable company.
philipd170
April 5th, 2020
Ordered 2 weeks ago with a 5 day delivery time, still have no order arrived. Saying this my friend who has ordered the exact same items 2 days later than myself has recieved his. The emails never get replies either and when you do on the off chance it's a generic copy paste, disgusting and absolutely pathetic excuse for a company. Will never use them again and I recommend getting your stuff somewhere else

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Powerhouse Fitness staff and other customers.

Powerhouse Fitness is one of the largest internet retailers of Fitness Equipment, Gym Equipment and Sports Nutrition in the UK. Free delivery on many items.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Powerhouse Fitness?

Have a question about Powerhouse Fitness?