Review of PositiveSingles

Tel: 1-416-628-1072
mediapress@positivesingles.com

foxj1
6/12/19

This place works more than a dating platform for our group of people. You can find not only love, but also hope and support on this great site. I am greatful that there is one site built for us positive singles.

greggyp
5/25/19

There arent many people in my area. And some that are dont look to have logged in awhile. You can't do much of anything without a gold membership. You can't even talk in the live chatroom. Which the chatroom needs improvement as far as how it functions on a phone (very buggy). The blogs aren't very active unless you count the bloggers who have blogged for years (employees admins). The monthly price for a upgraded privileges is not worth it for me. I may have considered but not with so few people in my area. Even if there was many I still think the price is preying on this affliction. Its kind of sick to be honest.

johns3795
4/18/19

After charging my credit card for a 1 month membership they deleted my account. It has been about a week since I wrote to customer service to ask what had happened and I have still not heard back. I get it. I GOT RIPPED OFF! Ffs!

timr203
2/21/19

I've foolishly tried these charlatans three separate times over a 5 year span and it is a complete and utter con. They take advantage of earnest people's desire to not be lonely by basically forcing you to become a member if you want to have any real results. There's the rub. After increments of one month, two months and 5 months, no hits. Once I canceled my membership I received hits instantly: every time. This obvious ploy to retain your money is so greedy and blatantly clear its shameful. There is a reason these people were sued in a class action lawsuit. Save your money and date normally and just tell them or, $#*! it, spread the love. We desire to not be lonely and these parasites are taking advantage of us. Please don't be a three-peat idiot like me. Also, the same company owns all the top three std/herpes dating sites. It's the biggest clandestine rip off going.

noneo34
2/18/19

I've noticed that a lot of people will message me once and then never hear from them again. There are about five women that are active on a regular basis from my location in TX and it is insane how many people will not reply or anything on this site. I definitely wasted my money for a three month subscription. I can tell there are ALOT of fake profiles by the way they are worded. It looks like a robot has went in and scripted multiple paragraphs together. The site functionality is incredibly poor and constantly has to reload or glitches out when you are typing. Also it seems to be only really really beautiful older women on there and most seem way to good to be true. I'm honestly st the point to where I'll talk to someone and can't tell if they are cat fishing me or are even human or a robot. I thought POF was bad but this has got to be even worse. The only good thing I can say is that I have met two women in the past two months who I believe are truly real and the conversations have been great. Let's face it though, only reason people use this site is to find someone to have sex with without worrying about "having the talk"

mrs118
9/25/18

So expensive simply for the privilege of messaging someone you're attracted to. The site is boring and slow with few people using it. It is because of the extortionate membership fee that few people sign up. I have emailed them to suggest that they significantly reduce the membership fee in order to bring in more people. They would most probably bring in more revenue if they charged just a tenth of the fee. Pure greed and short sightedness.

kikin
9/20/18

There wasn't a huge amount of people in my area, but I found my soulmate within a couple months. There didn't seem to be many scammers or fake profiles, so that was another plus.

mimilyl
7/24/18

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY
Ive been on this site a few months as a paying member. The site suspended my account sending me emails to send them a copy of my passport and drivers licesnse.
I try to contact them to ask why and I get the same email again. I finally blocked my credit card and refuse to send my personal information. DONT LET THEN TRY TO SCAM YOU.

tl125
7/23/18

You cant send any messages unless u pay but u can like someone and theres nobody no here!!!what I would like to know is WHAT am I paying for ????

lukel43
5/12/18

- Hardly anyone on there
- Of the people that are, hardly any with photos.
- Limited accessibility (Have to pay to message) - Which is a good thing in a way

- The site is too expensive for what it is.
- Ugly interface, slow website and the mobile version has issues; brings back only a couple of profiles in "search".

It could be so much better, especially if there were more people on there. I don't feel that it's marketed very well, especially considering about 50 - 70% of the population has what I have. They need to run some PR and awareness social campaigns or something.

Obviously there are benefits to a site like this, but now that there are regular dating websites that are incorporating std questions into their algorithms, this could be a sinking ship.

terrenceb27
4/5/18

I signed up for MPWH and Positivesingles, put all my photos and details in both sites. Next day i could not login, my account was suspended. Now i cant go in an delete anything. Send emails to support no response. Big mistake, i should not have put my photos in.. Stay away from this site, its a con.

stephenk93
12/27/17

I have been using PositiveSingles for almost six months and met a few interesting people on here. Can't really understand why everyone is throwing s#$' at this site. In my opinion one of the best sites along with HIVdating4u. Sometimes you need to have a little patience. Just my two cents.

erice66
12/9/17

I dont trust this website one bit.
Recently, I tried to open an account with PositiveSingles. The next day my account was suspended for "suspicious activity." So, I contacted them to ask what my suspicious activity was, and this is the reply I got.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Our system detected some unusual details on your account. To activate your account, please get your profile get verified on our site. Method 1: Upload a readable copy of your clear ID (Driver's License, State ID card, Military ID or Passport, NO PERSONAL PHOTOS)

Why does an HIV dating site want to have my personal ID in its records? That makes no sense at all. Why would I have to reveal who I am and my condition to complete strangers?
It is really unusual that they are asking for such information.
The whole idea of a website should be to provide members anonymity - as oppose to your request to reveal my information.

And, here's a report about the website, saying it was fined for sharing people's confidential information, instead of "keeping them confidential."

They sound like scam artists to me.

bettyj34
11/10/17

In order to use this site effectively you need to pay. You are only allowed to "wink" at someone or post comments on forums. Not really a place to chat online first to see if you want to take the relationship to the next level.

tempc
11/7/17

The free website does not allow you doing anything. Besides, I am really impressed about the bad reputation and more impressed that I agree....

dannerh
8/19/17

Really surpirsed to see so many negative reviews. I am HIV+ since 2008 and 'PositiveSingles' was the first STD dating site I've been using...with good results btw! Only reason why I stopped using it was because I personally like 'HIVdating4u' a little more (seems to have more members in my area, even though I think 'PositiveSingles' ha smore members in general).

Conclusion: Good dating site if you are HIV+ and don't feel like spending ur life alone. You can find plenty of people, some looking for casual relationships, some looking for serious relationships. IMO four stars for 'PositiveSingles' and really the best site I've been using together with 'HIVdating4u'. One or the other will give you what you want.

alawishoush
7/15/17

Now i will say i have met a hand full of women off here at least 10 in person and i have yet to pay for anything cause they either messaged me first or i found a way to look them up or vise versa thas the only thi g i will say that is remotely gud bout this site is that i have met some women from the site but they really pissed me tbe hell off when tbey suspended my account for absolutely nothing at all had no aparent reason to do so ....this is a bill$#*! ass site if they cant relay a cause or reason as why u suspended my account evn or especially if im not a payin member fhas jus sum garbage a** bulls*** anyway you look at it suspended for no reason then i cant get in contact with you to see as of why ....bad business PS i hope yal get shut TF down and down for gud and some other site surfaces that is more bout business cause clearly you are not .....IN MY OPINION PS GETS A STRONG A** .....F .....F*** Positive Singes BS A** site straigt up garbage

christinew64
1/27/17

I can't log into my account even though the password and username is correct having clicked on the forget mail,no password recovery mail has been sent to date and non of my mails to positive singles has been replied

zackw14
12/8/16

Have been on here for a year, paying user, most people will not ever reply, very rarely somebody does, and then 100% of those people "disappear". They have fake accounts to bait you to pay so you can message them.

suzej
11/22/16

This site is atrocious. From my experience, most of my encounters were with low class people who are extremely vulgar, practice bullying, especially in the public chat, brag about masturbation, sexual conquests, hunting "pu**y", an*l sex and so many offensive topics it's downright horrifying. The Nigerian scammers have got a pretty good grip on it too. There seems to be no safeguards in place. Do not waste your money.

sonyc1
5/24/16

I met three guys in person two were actually nice and about 5 fake guys. They just disappeared after winking conversing and when the next step was meet and greet. Gone! Not sure how the others got through but they did so pay for a long membership......Give it a try Oh free does not give you much and photos did help but I just dont like to keep it posted.

sh12659
5/22/16

From conversations with multiple women, I have determined this is a scam. Things I told one person would be repeated from a complete different person. I can tell I'm talking the same admin because of repeated conversations with different people. Then when things start to get any where near serious, bam, gone.
After serving all these other people mentioning the same thing, convinced that this is a scam.

ful30
3/16/16

Ghost website, no one seem to be there, except to those that run it, making money on people diseases. Appalling not to mention expensive.

maxwellb17
3/12/16

Having been on this site for about 30 days, I'm quite convinced it is a ruse and a scam. I don't know where they get or how they keep these profiles. But I think it's all manipulated and a clever fake to keep you engaged on the site, and paying membership fees. Don't waste your money. Better spent buying Valtrex!

cherylk27
11/30/15

I received very few emails in comparison to other sites. The ones that did respond, were not actually quality people looking for a relationship. They were only interested in pictures and sex.

Questions? Get answers from the PositiveSingles staff and other customers.

PositiveSingles?