PoliceAuctions.com

PoliceAuctions.com has a consumer rating of 1.36 stars from 183 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. PoliceAuctions.com also ranks 87th among Auction sites.

• I never did find out why they cancelled the 63 items, I count it to the grace of God.

• When I got the pieces in I took them to a jewelry store to find that I had bought "high end" costume jewelry.
  • I am so pissed, i am going to open a dispute right now with my credit card.
How would you rate PoliceAuctions.com?

“Jewellery”

Antonia W.
10/17/17

I have bought numerous pieces of jewellery on this sight and paid through PayPal so I have added security if they are fake but every piece is beautiful. I love them - so I also think that you need to check out the product description- there are some pieces I wouldnt touch because of that.

“SCAM!”

Andrew H.
1/7/20

A very sad ripoff. Looks like something to do with stolen goods being auctioned. The reality is it is fake crap being sold, not to do with the police or government or seized goods whatsoever. The goods do come but they are plastic or very low quality ripoffs, not at all what is advertised. Thought I was a winner with this but alas was fooled by the deception and lost a few hundred dollars to the scammers. Lesson learnt.

costume jewelry (6) credit card (6) items (43) diamond ring (4) this site (31) not buy anything (3) auction site (5) bid (47)
andrewh542
January 7th, 2020
lindag1188
June 24th, 2020
Everything is fake looks pretty in pictures and has expensive price tags crossed out in red like that is what it's worth but it's just pretty costume jewelry wouldn't pay $20 for anything they have hopefully PayPal will refund 2 purchases I feel I overpaid for and are so plastic looking it's a joke I'd rather save up and buy something real don't overpay for anything you will be disappointed and disgusted with the lack of quality.
rainyg
March 27th, 2020
I ordered some pieces and its junk. The chains are cheap and the stones look like they need a good cleaning. I urge people not to buy this junk. It doesn't state if its 14 or 18 carat gold on the jewerly. Save your money!
lisae547
May 26th, 2020
I bid on and received 10 items, mostly jewelry and semi precious stones. Took all items to a local jeweller... Everything is FAKE!
Lisa E
vickis429
December 16th, 2019
Love the fun of bidding online. Googled the products for value before bidding some seemed guenine.
What I recieved was plastic. Fine if I didnt pay big dollars for it.
I complained to police auctions and they have blocked my account.
chrisw1179
July 5th, 2020
I recently spent $200 dollars on 80 items and they were worthless $1 dollar crap. Not even good dollar stuff that could be resold! I felt violated. Stay away.
beverleyf2
June 25th, 2016
Won a bid on an item that according to police auction the market value is 7,800.00 Had the item appraised and found out that it is only worth 100.00. This site is a rip off.

Tip for consumers: Please research and read reviews on these sites before you get involved with them. I didn't and am very disappointed.

jamesd158
August 26th, 2015
I won 75 bids, received 12 and they cancelled 63. I never did find out why they cancelled the 63 items, I count it to the grace of God. But, the 12 items I did receive were much more than the $550.00 I paid for them. The emerald bracelet and necklace along with the ruby zirconia appear to be as advertised. If these items are not as advertised I will let you know.
christyf40
April 5th, 2020
So I went on this site thinking I hit a secret jackpot or something. Within 30 minutes I "won" these gorgeous 4.18ctw earrings at a bid of $151.00. Then I looked on Google to see how much a 4.18 carat stone is CONSIDERING I WON TWO and the price ranged from $4,000-$24,000. Even sketchier so I copied the picture of my "winnings" to Google AND THE SAME PICTURE CAME UP ON GOOGLE AND PINTREST. Im so glad I wasn't fooled by this piece of $#*! site. I don't know how they get away with it.
deborahw853
July 5th, 2020
You know that 12.95 fee we pay for each item to come to us? They are awful, they have never gotten my items to me on their estimated time for delivery. It's been almost three weeks on some deliveries and I am told to be patient!
bb88
March 10th, 2015
How can some people complain when they are doing the bidding? I read on here of people saying it's overpriced but it's a $1 biding auction. I'm not sure how bidding $1 or $3 and possibly winning that particular auction is being over priced. You are the one h=who has the say so as to wether to place a higher bid or not. Plus, if you read their statements, it specifically states that the coins are for collectors only and not recommended as an investment because they are not 100% gold or silver. They also state that majority of the jewelry is sterling silver with gold overlay. There are a few that are 14k but you have to look and read the info before making a decision to bid. Read before biding on something! Personally, I've never had a problem with them but I also look into every item I'm interested in and then determine it's worth before making a bid.
ln200
July 26th, 2020
Thought I was lucky regarding an Item I bid on and won. Thought ok - if it is a scam, I just bought a very expensive paper weight. I did my research, I thought, and bid and won. However the purchase never came. I contacted PoliceAuction.com and they informed me, my money had been put back into my account, because the quality control team deemed it unshippable. I am grateful, that probably with out these reviews, I would have never received my money back. However I contacted my funding institution, they can never accept billing from this website.
debbiep175
September 20th, 2018
Two days after I won the bid it's a very beautiful necklace exactly what it look like in the picture
stevenr326
June 17th, 2019
The site impersonates a police auction page to sell cheap low quality jewellery at inflated prices. The items pictured are often worth thousands of dollars but the items delivered are cheap knock offs with glass jewels low quality gold or other metals painted gold. Many of the items snapped/broke in the mail. Might as well be called fakevalubles.com

Note that the page also has given itself fake reviews to try balance out people calling it a scam
omieh
May 25th, 2019
So I won a bid for 4 piece amazingly cheap diamond set and for only 151dollars i thought wow i won! But then prior to paying decided let's check Google and see what people had to say and boy am I happy I did that! Lol share the word folks stay away from these scammers! Its a shame they use the Police name in doing so... everyone should delete their accounts in my opinion!
davidf1141
November 1st, 2019
Not a real police auction. Selling fake junk. Got a ring nothing like the picture. It is like one from a quarter machine but i paid 100 buck
deanas5
February 18th, 2018
I'm SO GLAD I checked this site Yesterday was my first time bidding on a women's ring now ending withinin 2 hrs. Thought I would give it a try once, so far I'm winning. I also tried Jewelryroom.com which earlier today I won a $6 wrist watch. Before submitting any payment information I luckily discovered they are scammers also trying to bill $29 S&H. So after reading these review claims I will not be paying any of my hard earn money to these scam artists thanks to everyone who posted on this site. Really rating NO STARS.
yamatoa
July 15th, 2019
The item I received is nothing like the item I saw in the photo. It looks like a cheap toy ring. It's embarrassing to even wear it. I paid a total of less than $80, but it looks like $5.
This company is misleading people as they conduct Police Auction, but they are probably importing cheap stuff from China for $1-5, and selling like they are worth something.
susane287
October 11th, 2019
Policeauctions sells unmitigated junk. According to my jeweler, the "diamonds" were painted on the necklace. Unbelievable! However, PA had enough integrity to give me a refund, excluding shipping. STAY AWAY! You'll find better quality at a dollar store or in a Cracker Jack box.
solanged1
April 13th, 2019
I bought some jewelry on the policeauctions site of the 8 jewels and they were all fake and worth nothing. I feel very bad about it
dask
December 23rd, 2017
People there is no such thing as a online police auction, wake up this so called company is based in china they are a cheap liquidator that buys from broke outlets that have gone out of business, they say that they have a head office in the usa,, it is a little empty building... do not fall for it prob funding org crime.,. Do not give then your hard earned money,,, remember you pay for what you get
myront10
November 25th, 2019
I have experienced losing a bid then being offered the item for a highet price so I think I will stay away. But, why is there no complaints filed with BBB? Only reviews. That makes me suspicious of the bad reviews. If I had a bad experience I would contact the BBB, who gives them an A+ rating.
joannef58
February 19th, 2019
Fortunately for me, I won six items and had a huge amount bid on the seventh item. I sent a photo of a watch I won but had not paid for, to my sister. She went on line immediately and told me it was a scam! I would have paid $1500. USD had she not been on the been suspicious by nature. They will not get one single penny of my money! $#*!s!
rs90
October 19th, 2015
I won 7 auctions mostly jewellery and a few coins. The Diamond ring I won was legit and worth between $500-600 dollars market value much more than what I paid even with the shipping. I also won a Swiss blue topaz diamond ring which was worth 3x more than what I paid for it. So now the bad news, the site advertised a 18k gold over sterling silver women's Amethyst bracelet and 14k gold diamond earrings. A professional appraiser said they were worthless costume jewellery. Said it was copper coated not gold! I did manage to slightly double my money because of the rings but was very dismayed about the rest. So be careful of what you buy, some stuff is legit and worth the money but some is crap and not as advertised. Educate yourself and be careful on what you bid on. Pics are of the earrings and bracelet. Thanks

Tip for consumers: learn about diamonds and gold and what to look for. There are several on line tutorials to help you out. You can make $$ bidding on the site just be prepared and educated.

naomil37
July 14th, 2019
I've been scammed! $#*! you policeauctions.com!
I will attempt to retrieve my money through my bank.
They need a big fat 0 rating!

No. Don't waste your money on this fraudelent site.

By Margaret T.
See more answers (3)

I'm reading terrible reviews where people are saying they had jewelry appraised and they are worthless. When you say something is fold or diamonds is that true because I'll send all 7 of my items back if not. You can't deceive or lie to people.

By Jo-Ann C.
See more answers (3)

No you are not getting what you think. They are fake jewelry send back

By Chad O.

Shipping is not free. It has cost somewhere around $9 to ship items but my items were small. The bigger they are, the more expensive the shipping cost.

By B B.

I think its cheap jewerly u would get in a dollar shop

By Rainy G.

How do I cancel my order and dispute it with PayPal? I'm sure it's not worth a dime. Please let me know. Thank you

By Edith F.

Yes they are fake. I'd like this site shut down. Complete rip off

By Chad O.

Everything on this site is fake. Do not buy from this site. I learned a valuable lesson.

By Logan M.

This site is ABSOLUTELY NOT run by the government!

By Christy F.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the PoliceAuctions.com staff and other customers.

Police auctions and government auctions, certified 1 carat diamonds, coins, gold, jewelry on auction, 100,000 + Foreclosures and seized properties and surplus items at below market prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PoliceAuctions.com?

Have a question about PoliceAuctions.com?