Review of Piriform

Tel: 1-800-816-9004
info@piriform.com

futto
1/5/19

Piriform's CCleaner WAS great - I still use version 5.40 that you can still get from places like file - hippo. I set it to only do manual cleans etc, no automatic running/updating. Avast took over CCleaner in 2017 and since then there are various well publicised events and issues.
To be fair - you can also get CCleaner PORTABLE v5.44.6575 instead, from places like softpedia or file hippo etc. Refer to my separate review of CCleaner for more info.

dongl2
5/22/18

I mainly use CCleaner as my Disk C cleaner on my Dell laptop. This small yet powerful program is a thorough system cleaner. It deeply scans your system and then lists a lot of items you can select to clean related to Windows system and third-party applications. You can wipe off a lot of things such as browser cache, temporary files, unused craps, cookies, logs. What is worth being mentioned is the plug-in "CCEnhancer". It adds extra cleaning rules to CCleaner to free up more disk space. I found that because CCEnhancer adds more options to clean, the program would load all scanned items slightly more slowly than before.

The paid-for upgrade to pro version brings you several more features including "Real-time Monitoring", "Scheduled Cleaning", "Automatic Updates" and "Premium Support". These are not quite useful for me but might be necessary to others.

In a whole, I think CCleaner is a great choice to clean trash when your computer gets clogged up.

danielt6
6/21/11

Hands down one of the most thorough (and safest) cleaners I have used yet. You will be very delighted with this program. Also, stop by and pick up the free plug-in CCEnhancer which extends it's capabilities to cover over 500 additional applications at: http://thewebatom.net/software/ccenhancer/

jakef1
4/25/11

I use my 2 favorite programs, ccleaner and defraggler, every day. I've never used a better defragmenter than defraggler. ccleaner has no (free) equal either. If you need some simple, free software to tune your pc up, these are the guys. I can't believe there's only 1 other review here.

If you use ccleaner, take caution in the "advanced" deletion pane, because if you delete "old prefetch data", it will take a long time to load a program that hadn't been used for 2 weeks prior to deletion. NEVER delete old prefetch data. "old" doesn't make sense anyway.

timothyh2
1/20/11

Piriform is a great company with great software. Free disk defragmenter, free disk cleanup software, and others. I use the antispyware on ALL my computers. CCleaner will get rid of a lot of space junk that ends up on your hard drive - AND it will improve your computer's performance.

AWESOME.

Questions? Get answers from the Piriform staff and other customers.

Piriform?