WordPress

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

WordPress has a consumer rating of 4.58 stars from 65 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. WordPress also ranks 1st among Open Source sites.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate WordPress?

“Classic but works like a charm”

Izzat H.
3/4/20

I know it looks old and not very eye-appealing; sure it does not have fancy actions, but it works. Pretty much all plugins work on wordpress, and hey, more than 30 percent of the web is wordpress. If your only complaint is beauty, use Divi theme builder. I am working on taking my shop online. There is money there too. With all these restrictions on travel because of Coronavirus, shopkeepers have no choice but to go online.

“Total waste of time and effort”

Paula R.
10/15/19

I have used Word Press since 2017 to share my travel experiences. Then it was tiresome and difficult to add photos. It was laborious. 2018 it was the similar and I stopped after a few entries because it was so time consuming. I thought I'd try again this year but found the whole experience to be frustrating, not user friendly in fact it was TERRIBLE to use. A TOTAL WASTE of EFFORT and TIME. Especially when you are travelling who wants to spend HOURS working on a simple blog of text anda few photos. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE A TOTAL RIP OFF.

izzath1
March 4th, 2020
carriem183
November 20th, 2019
I love WP, for it let's me create beautiful pages, has a lot of plugins, which really help out when you need something more. It's pretty easy to use and very customisable, when you know how to do that. Unfortunately for a beginner its not the easiest to use, but anyway, i like WP a lot!
paular281
October 15th, 2019
eliaso11
November 22nd, 2019
Well wordpress is kind of awesome given the amazing theme they offer.Its a nice site to start with plus they help kickstart your blog easily anyway i give it three stars cos they're kind of slow in response. Sometimes the site loads slowly but its a nice site in general
haroldh117
August 27th, 2019
WordPress is a great well-rounded place where you have free will whenever you want to build your blog from scratch or just choose a theme you need. There are free and custom paid themes. It took me some time to get the gist of the way everything works, but after going through bunch of tutorials I could happily work with it. It does take some time, but I would definitely recommend this as it's a great platform to work with, very useful with lots of handy plugins.
glenl15
May 18th, 2014
Good overall. But unfortuantley biased moderators such as Jan Dembowski who has personal friendships with developers. This moderator deletes and revises reviews for his friends which I see as corruption at it's worst. I am part of a development team and I had a run in with a horrible developer who likes all his stats but is a pig to deal with when it comes time for support. After Jan Dembowski Moderator revised my feedback and closed the topic. Two of my colleges then put their reviews in and they were deleted and I was muffled, unable to comment anymore. Seeing how a lot of revenue is made here and dishonest tactics are used... well, it makes me sick. Hope something can be done about these people rorting the system.
ovidijusc
November 9th, 2018
WordPress is a good starting point for blogging, web development, seo optimisation and just generally dealing with things on the internet. Its great to learn a lot, but after a while it feels slow and bloated. Any kind of functionality that you can't code yourself can be patched it with plug-ins, but the quality is not always good, they cost a bit and could really bog down your website.
agbeyangin
May 30th, 2019
What goes around definitely will come around... law of life.
I you can never tell the exact time it will come back but definitely be prepared because what you sow you shall reap
rons338
Ron S.
April 12th, 2019
After seeing wordpress.com censor many blogs, I associate the WordPress brand with oppression and bigotry. Otherwise, WordPress has a history of being vulnerable to hacking. I avoid it and have recommended the same for others.
brendah400
September 26th, 2019
I love when I can get what I want with minimal effort. And thanks to Wordpress I've got my own blog in fast cute and simple form.
patriciah404
March 25th, 2019
If you want to start your blog, then WordPress is an excellent choice. I thought that this site would be "intermediate" in my career, but no. I still lead my first blog here since 2016.
jahanz1
July 5th, 2019
Those people who chose the business now they rule the whole world. All the successes are related with businesses. So business is supper choice
emmanuelc28
August 31st, 2019
I enjoy the works on WordPress. I prefer using and viewing website designed on it though sometimes it seems a little bit slower, but I just love it especially their plugins and customer relationship
danielh155
January 12th, 2017
A good blog platform and site creator. Has helpful tutorials on every basis you need. Would recommend!
ahmadt10
August 22nd, 2018
I think wordpress is the worst website I've ever seen. They suspended my account and they always forced to buy business plan. There are millions of websites in the web. They don't touch these websites. Wordpress YOU ARE INJUSTICE!
drenalb
July 8th, 2014
I just do not like this because of the numerous plugins with too many bugs and newer version needed, some plugin shut me out of my website to where I just cannot change it, calendar dates were automatically wrong. The times I have used support it wasn't very good at all and wordpress is slow... Avoid
anisa10
May 13th, 2019
Wordpress is a responsive friendly site, built to make your site look good-looking and professional. It offers an ecommerce online store for selling fashion, furniture and accessories.
arminj
April 15th, 2011
This also supports lots of different languages and plugins! With using wordpress + It's plugins your site will be better than any CMS in the world wide web! Easy to use, Easy to install, Easy to configure! You can find a plugin for what you want to do and THIS IS why I love it!
sherinea
August 14th, 2018
Using Wordpress you can set up your own corporate website in a matter of minutes. The number of plugins to customize our web and the option to transform it into an electronic commerce, it a perfect CMS for websites for small and medium businesses. Plus, it's cheap :)
glossinaa
May 31st, 2019
I've been using it for a long period of time and I can't complain about anything. Very convenient website!
yahirf
April 3rd, 2017
Another good semi-automatic site creator out there! They have basic lessons on all the main aspects but anyway you need some skill in using the platform to create something valuable.
johnr1114
September 16th, 2018
This is the best platform ever for my new blog. Simple and easy to understand. Fast install. Would recommend
lisat170
May 17th, 2017
I run a few small business WordPress websites. So far, it's the best platform offering tons of plugins and frequent updates. Requires very little technical skills and gives enough flexibility at the same time.
bilhaj
July 12th, 2018
I have used wordpress for my self-hosted blog for over 2 years and I would recommend it to new blog.

Tip for consumers: Great for new serious bloggers

peterg172
July 30th, 2017
Been working with WordPress for over 10 years. WordPress community is it's biggest asset. 1000s have contributed free plugins, helpful videos and support.

There are 1000s of free plugins that provide additional functionality such as contact forms, mortgage calculators, photo sliders, real estate listings and booking calendars. Always search the plugin repository before you pay for custom programming or take the time to develop something yourself. There's probably already a plugin that does all or at least most of what you need.

Check out WordPress.tv for 100s of helpful videos from getting started to advanced WordPress development. Most of these were recorded at WordCamps which are held throughout the year all over the world. Prices are next to nothing compared to most professional conferences. Most cities also have 1 or more WordPress Meetups that are another great source of support.

When I've posted questions on WordPress.org the response times and quality of responses have been excellent.

Tip for consumers: AVOID Wordpress plugins/software from developers with no reviews on WordPress.org. Some of them will charge you $1000s for poor code with poor support. Most reputable developers will have a free version of their plugins on WordPress.org. Reviews will give you a good idea of the quality and support.

Yes try google blogger site or there app Its awesome

By Elias O.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the WordPress staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WordPress?

Have a question about WordPress?