Review of Photobucket

Tel: 2147483646
support@photobucket.com

tomp329
1/21/19
• Updated review

When Photobucket deleted the albums download button several sources wrote apps to accomplish the same thing. The Chrome search engine has an add-on app that puts the button back in the Photobucket screen and allows download of a hundred pictures at a time. Now I need to find a way to replace about a thousand links in auto forums with my pics new home.

“photo editor locks up computer”
1/4/19
• Previous review

After editing and attempting to save edits get a message that 'something didn't click'. At that time Photobucket locks up and the only way to escape is to close the link.

Contacted support@photobook.com and got this message back:"We are aware that some features of our Image Editor are not functioning properly, including saving edited photos. Our team is looking into this issue. Unfortunately at this time, we do not have an immediate solution and we understand that this is causing a lot of frustrations with our users.

We apologize for this inconvenience.Please know that we are very close to releasing a new Photobucket site which will have an image editor that is fully functional. We are expecting to roll out the new site to most of our users in the next couple of months."

Translated "we know about the problem but are not going to fix it"

markh764
1/6/19

Had to download my pics one by one because the purposely removed the download all button to make it hard for you to leave, I kept getting emails saying I had used my free storage and had to pay, In truth I had used only 2%. This kind of bull$#*! is utterly unacceptable from any company. Avoid at all cost. One star is one too many for this company.

tomaszm3
12/19/18

I have signed up for the service for a full year (as they were offering a discount) mainly because they were advertising access to their API through the "developer" link on their website. When I contacted them to try and get the API key, they told me that they don't offer API. When I asked for refund, they said they don't offer refunds.

Interface is extremely buggy. Uploads don't work:
- Tested with a single mp4 video - failed
- Tested with a single image - success
- Tested with multiple images - 20% failed

If I could give it 0 stars, I would.
Don't buy!

cheb1
11/30/18

All the negative reviews and stories I've read here are true. I finally recovered all my photos back. Painstakingly one by one. Why? Because they purposely won't allow you to download an entire album to discourage you from leaving them. A law firm should put together a Class Action Lawsuit with the company.

guys62
11/5/18

Worst internet CEO ever John Corpus changed terms for 100 million registered users from free third-party linking to $400 dollars per year. I was one of those registered users, who frequented educational and Do-It Yourself (DIY) sites, where many people donated their efforts and shared their knowledge, now graveyards of broken links, without any grandfather clause for all of that content. Breach of faith and broken promises does not make for a profitable company. Now the site is full of ad-ware and spyware, stay away,

mikem542
9/18/18
• Updated review

Photobucket.com was unbearable for quite some time, but they appear to have listened to their users' complaints and cut back on the ads that were blocking important content. I'm still using the site for free and it's a lot better now. If they leave it this way, I'll stick around.

“Leaving after 10 years”
9/18/18
• Previous review

I've had it with their ads and poor performance. Hopefully I can download my 2600+ pics to a better hosting site. Time to move on. Don't get started with them.

joane48
8/27/18

They say I had this Photobucket for a year. I had no idea...it's not on my computer.
Without any notice..no email...nothing...they renewed for $99.99. Although I called within a few weeks, definitely not 30 days...to tell them I did not have it, did not use it or did not want it, they said NO REFUNDS! NONE. Regardless! How do they get away with such abuse! At least they could let you know a payment was coming up. Nothing! I have no need for them as I use Shutterfly.

ettenaejl
8/25/18

You just delete old accounts from when you actually mattered?! Why delete the $#*! from the early 2000's? Nobody uses your $#*!ty upload anymore we just want our old memories back. You failed every single one of us. Your lack of sympathy for people's old pictures isn't acceptable. I hope you go bankrupt and lose everything like we lost everything thanks for nothing . Good luck with that

jamest489
8/14/18

I've done hundreds of business transactions since 1996 for online internet products and services and I will state, beyond a shadow of doubt, Photobucket is the worst business I have ever dealt with. I purchased a yearly paid membership to get rid of the infestation of advertisements that displayed on the "free" version. Then I uploaded photos to share with friends and family, only to find out that now that they were being bombarded with advertisements unless they too purchased a membership! Less than 24 hours after purchasing the membership, I contacted Photobucket to cancel my membership and they said "Nope. Can't do it. You're on the hook for the full year, and THEN we will downgrade your membership back to the "free" membership". Well guess what? A year later and I found they auto-charged my PayPal account again for another year! And when I tried to cancel it, I got pretty much the same message! I have had to put a stop to future payments via my PayPal account, not my Photo-$#*!-it account as I don't trust them. Absolutely crooked and moralless company that should be shut down.

danielb543
8/6/18

This company does not even deserve one star. Poor service and will charge "unrefundable renewals" to your credit card.

johnd1793
7/2/18

Warning: do not upload images that you do not have backups of or you may have a hard time getting them back.

Have been asking for months for them to activate the album download feature, but keep getting the same song and dance, "feature is broken", "we are working on it", "please wait for the new website to launch".

jjb8
6/27/18

awful took me days to download 10 years for photos from various projects. I would never pay that 200$ a year for 3rd party hosting are you nuts? thats is 150 dollars a year more than google drive and 200$ a year more than FLICKR, Adios Photobucket!

louisp77
6/19/18

I used to take pictures of Cannabis buds and post them on my photobucket to share with friends and on one forum. I started doing this in around 2009. I had around 100 photos in my "budshots" album by 2016. Photobucket changed their terms of service without notifying anyone and now my photos are considered "objectionable content". I didn't have these backed up anywhere else because I thought they were safe on my photobucket. They say if I want them back I have to get a member of law enforcement to contact them. I told them that they were being petty and that it is a waste of law enforcement time and that they should just let me download all my photos and delete the album from their site. They wouldn't have it and say I need to contact a member of law enforcement for a court subpoena.

Their TOS doesn't define what is deemed "objectionable content" so after 6+ years of hosting my photos someone decided that they are against the TOS but the only response I get when trying to retrieve them is that they are "objectionable content". I told them what is deemed objectionable content is a matter of personal belief and opinion, and i can still find thousands of other cannabis photos on their site.

I just want my photos back and I will never use this horrible site. It's terribly slow and full of ads compared to when I made the account to.

Tip for consumers: Host your photos anywhere else. Don't use this dog $#*! service.

carolm368
5/14/18

I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to just view a photo someone sent me the link to. Between all the popups and time loading the page, I can see what a headache this site would be!! Do NOT recommend!

markp360
5/9/18

The absolute worst ever. Extremely so and unfriendly to use. I wish I would have never signed up. I wish there was a way to move all of my photos out of Photosuckit and over to Shutterfly or similar. It seems like they have blocked me from even saving a copy of any of my images. Shameful!

barbaras416
5/7/18

It is soooooo slow
I want to download my albums to my computer. I have to do each photo individually! I have been doing this for about 72 hours all together. I have only gotten to page 4 of 66.
Go to google photo!

aleisaf
5/1/18

Ransoming my photos! I lost a computer and knew I had the photos saved, but cannot get them without crap on them. And my website, which is mostly pictures for education and learning is now down because of it as well. I needed those photos to recreate it without photobucket and still cannot!

ciaranc5
4/7/18

Stay away. Bait-type company that lacks transparency regarding fees. Highly unhappy with this business.

susand243
2/22/18

There service doesn't work. There is no chat or phone support. Nightmare experience and they won't refund my $ when I tried to cancel right after trying them out (in less than a day!!)

brianb289
2/18/18

Suck isn't a strong enough word...blackmail is a great word...our pictures are hosted for UC Davis's children's cancer center...keep it I have the originals...only hurting those in need with your greed. Poor business plan...idiots at the helm.

jamesb651
2/15/18

Photobucket forces their logo on my old photo and then demands money if you want your picture back. Basically holding my photo hostage for a ransom. And not just a lttle bit of money, more like $400. They could have gone about this a number of different and better ways, but they chose to blindside people and their property with a seemingly unbreakable link to their spam. I guess I will have to find my original photo before I uploaded it to their godawful, ad-polluted site. This company was cool for 5 minutes many years ago and I probably would have paid money back then, but now you can forget it. They will never get one penny from me. There are so many other great alternatives now. This is a shameful bunch of scoundrels. Hope they go under.

nedl15
2/14/18

Not only destroyed all my photo postings on internet forums (NOT commercial, I'm just a hobbyist) but then replaced several of my photos with their blackmail message and lost my data.

That is *my* data Photobucket, and what you did is blackmail and theft.

jayb179
2/12/18

Photobucket single-handedly destroyed more on-line forums than any virus could have. Simply the most stupid, short sighted, irresponsible internet site in the planet. May you please go bankrupt and be foreever famous for your idiocy.

paulr280
1/27/18

The decision to rape every one of your customers using your site for 3rd party hosting only makes sense if 1) you are are stupid, malicious, psychotic, etc, 2) it was done intentionally to drive all those customers and their photos off your storage systems, or 3) both. My bet is on 3). You were too stupid and unimaginative to figure out to make money from your 3rd party hosting customers, so you maliciously tried to drive them all away. My guess is that you concocted this asinine plan because you could not legally just delete everyone's content. You had to make everyone remove their photos voluntarily and delete their accounts. Way to lead with your d!ck.

craigc26
1/25/18

I used to upload all my images to them. Now I can hardly log on, and I have to sit through so many ads it's criminal. There is not a heavier advertised site on any website on the entire internet. Adblock says there are between 97 and 450 ads on each screen refresh. It is absolutely criminal. Now I am performing the tedious task of downloading photos one at a time so I can put them on Imgur. Screw you photobucket. Go out of business already.

I don't recommend using the mobile site, as phones (especially Apple), adblockers don't work and still flood up your screen. My worse experience is the m@ms ads that take over the screen and reappears every time you refresh or go to another page. TV commercials is better than this.

By Adam y.

Questions? Get answers from the Photobucket staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Photobucket