Review of PhoneAgent.com

Tel: +1 339-222-5147
support@undeveloped.com

ethanc37
12/19/17

I regret doing business with them. They keep charging my credit card every now and then for tiny amounts so that I don't notice on daily basis

maasa
1/6/11

This website is a classic example of how a business can be set up to deceive regular people in thinking they might get a legitimate service and then be SCAMMED. They will take your credit card number and charge it every month for $18 until you call this
866-394-0016 phone number. Then they will claim they can offer a 50% refund on on charge, and try and skirt the responsibility. Finally you can give up after they claim to refund you 4 months of charges. Then sit there in disbelief that they are still in business. Join me and help me find ways to put them out of our society.

Boycott Phone Agent now!

jaredw1
10/16/10

I was unsure who was charging my account, because I didn't recognize the company's name on my account. This website never made any fraudulent charges to my account, and I no trouble canceling. People should be a little more careful when they publicly review a website. When I looked up this site online, all I could find were reports of fraud. After doing a little research, I discovered who was making these charges. I authorized these charges, but I just didn't remember it.

bof1
8/24/10

Here is my transcript of this ABSOLUTE SCAM of a website MAKE then send you confirmation just for an inconvience and also to take to your bank, atterny general. DA, etc. this conversation took about 45 minutes with a lot of waiting in between so at least the company had to pay the person to deal with me so they will not be able to keep as much SCAM money that they have taken!!

"Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Vickie'

Vickie: Thank you for chatting with Phone Agent Source. May I know, whom am I chatting with?

you: CANCEL any and all meberships that are listed with your company this is a fraud. My email address is botheknifeman@msn.com my bank has been notified and they will be filing claim on my behalf in any reimbursement

Vickie: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.

Vickie: OK, I have cancelled your Phone Agent Source Membership effective immediately.

Vickie: Your cancellation number is :

Vickie: 129426

Vickie: We apologize for the inconvenience. There was clearly some confusion with this purchase. We do not want to see our customers unhappy. We will issue a refund to the credit card you purchased from. The refund will take 5 -10 Days to show on your credit card statement.

you: all information in this chat are going to be forwarded on to the proper authorities for documentation and proof of my pending reimbursement

Vickie: No need to worry, I have cancelled your account and refunded you too.

you: you also need to send an email to my address confirming the cancelation and reimbusement

Vickie: You can send copy of this chat to your e-mail by clicking send to e-mail link.

you: you ned to send ME confirmation to my email right now, thank you

Vickie: You can save this chat at your end and take printout of it.

you: you are not listening, YOU need to send CONFIRMATION of reimbursement to ME, thank you

Vickie: Ok, you will get an email within 5 minute.

you: Send now and I am waiting for it

you: are you sending it because I have not recieved it yet

Vickie: Please wait for few minute, I have referred your request to concern department.

you: Just send me the email of the Confirmation of the reimbursement and we can both get on with our lives

Vickie: Please wait for that, I have just referred your request it will take time.

Vickie: Meanwhile you can send copy of this chat to your e-mail by clicking send to e-mail link and keep that as refund proof.

Vickie: Just a moment please.

you: are you sending it because I have not recieved it yet

Vickie: Please wait for minute.

you: recieved it thank you

Vickie: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

Vickie: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.

peterd5
8/14/10

Complete scam. Keep trying to upgrade you to more expensive options. Initially said they had found the information, but when I paid for and went to get the report there was no information and they said they had to do a "manual search". I cancelled. FYI, I easily found the information on a couple of other search sites. Cost more, but they actually found it.

joet6
8/8/10

IT SAYS TO PUT IN YOUR INFORMATION AND IT STARTS LOADING A LOT OF INFORMATION, WHICH I THINK IS FROM YOUR COMPUTER.IF THE SITE IS NO GOOD AT GETTING YOU THE INFO,SO WHAT IS IT THAT IT'S DOWNLOADING? IT'S COLLECTING COMPUTER DATA.THEY ARE CROOKS.

stephenc3
8/1/10

Wish I had found you guys before I signed up. Here's my chat with "Shirley"...

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Shirley'

Shirley: Thank you for chatting with Phone Agent Source. May I know, whom am I chatting with?

you: stephen conway. I want to cancel my account immediately.

Shirley: In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address you used to order our services?

you: disinterestedagnostic@gmail.com. cancel it now please. the whole internet knows your site is a fraud.

Shirley: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.

Shirley: May I ask, why you would like to cancel your membership with us?

you: because you are crooks.

Shirley: Did you not get your report?

you: I don't want it. Cancel my memebership now.

Shirley: I'm sorry that you have decided to cancel your Phone Agent Source Membership. I do not have the authority to cancel your account; however, my manager has now been notified of your request.

You must log into your account after 48 hours and confirm your cancellation by following the instructions that will appear in a RED OUTLINED BOX at the top of the page. Your account will not be cancelled until you take this final step.

you: that's crap. cancel it now or I'll report you to the authorities. I'll wait; it will take you two minutes.

Shirley: I apologize for this delay, but this procedure is in place to ensure no cancellation is ever missed.

you: that's exactly what is said on the pages and pages of complaints about your company on the internet. cancel it now.

Shirley: OK, I have cancelled your Phone Agent Source Membership effective immediately.

Shirley: Your cancellation number is :

Shirley: 107057

you: Thanks. This chat log has been saved and sent to fraud sites online. Get a real job for Christ's sake. Do you enjoy ripping people off?

Shirley: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you: Yeah. Go look in the mirror.

Shirley: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

Shirley: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.

you: I highly doubt it. Somebody else will be visiting your site.

Shirley: Good Bye.

you: go to hell

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

susanl6
6/30/10

this site is one big SCAM! They tell you to please call back in 48 hours to cancel. The option is in the red box. The next time you call, ie. 48 hours later, same msg, and THERE IS NO RED BOX. And you don't even get the number you were asking for. SCAM SCAM SCAM

kf1
6/28/10

I was scammed as well - started seeing $18.95 deducted from my debit card each month!!!!!! Called cancelled the card - they suck and make it very unclear that they are going to keep charging you - BIG SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patrickw
6/26/10

They advertised a one dollar fee. I put debit card number in. No report. They then tried to sell me on a multitude of other databases, etc. Spoke with an agent. She said she tried the number but it was not in the database. This was opposite of what I was told when running the number. What a ripoff. Plus they then wanted $18.95 per month debited from my account. Stay away from them........

richp3
6/22/10

Everyone needs to read this report and then file fraud complaints with their home state AG as well as the Utah AG.

In Utah

BBB Reliability Report for
Net Soft Media

BBB Rating F

Ratings ExplanationEnd Business Review Header
BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.

Find out more about Net Soft Media:
Arrow Industry Tips
Arrow BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy
Arrow Feedback

BBB Accreditation

This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Net Soft Media

Based on BBB files, Net Soft Media has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:

* Length of time business has been operating.
* 21 complaints filed against business
* 2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Principal: Carey Liane Milne, Owner
Customer Contact: Carey Liane Milne, Owner - (866) 394-0016
Email Address: Send email to Net Soft Media
File Open Date: June 2010
Type of Business: Internet-Based Telephone Service, Background Screening Companies, Identity Theft Protection Services
BBB Accreditation: Net Soft Media is not a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Phone Agent Source

The BBB develops a full report on a firm based on inquiry or complaint activity. This company first came to our attention in June 2010. We are attempting to develop more information on the company. At the present time we do not have enough information to issue a full report. The BBB suggests you read and understand company promotional materials and contracts and check company references and licensing, where applicable.

Business Management

Additional company management personnel include:

Ms. Linda Bunder

Customer Complaint History for Net Soft Media

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 21 complaints about Net Soft Media in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 21 complaints closed in 36 months, 21 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
+ 4 regarding Advertising Issues

3 - Advertisement did not disclose all conditions required to take advantage of an offer
1 - Advertisement misrepresented a service

1 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
1 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
1 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

These complaints were closed as:
+ 17 Resolved

7 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
9 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
1 - Company offered a partial (less than 100%) settlement which the consumer accepted.
+ 2 Unresolved

2 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.
+ 2 Administratively Closed

2 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Government Actions

BBB has no information regarding government actions at this time.

Advertising Review

BBB has no information regarding advertising review at this time.

Industry Tips

BBB Alerts Businesses to Beware of Voice Mail Hackers
Detecting Identity Theft: The Quicker, The Better
Has Your Computer Modem Been Hijacked?
Prevent Identity Theft: Find Out Exactly How Safe You Are!
Prevent Identity Theft: Protect Your Paper Files!
Products and Services Offered to Protect Your Identity
Tips on Purchasing Identity Theft Insurance
Vishing is the New Phishing

BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy

As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.

BBB Reliability Reports are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Reliability Report is believed reliable, but not guaranteed as to accuracy.

BBB Reliability Reports generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Reliability Reports are subject to change at any time.

If you choose to do business with Net Soft Media, please let them know that you contacted BBB for a BBB Reliability Report.

ID: 22272123
Report as of June 22, 2010 18:32
Copyright© 2010 Better Business Bureau

Feedback

BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.
BBB Definition:

Report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB Accreditation information, and BBB complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by BBB.

scale -

D
D-
F

BBB Definition:

Advertising Issues - Claims alleging print or electronic media advertised claims or practices misrepresent the service or product offer.
BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.
BBB Definition:

Contract Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor contract or agreement, work performed without authorization, or invalid contract.
BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.
BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.
BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.
BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

File a Complaint Against Net Soft Media Net Soft Media
Apply Now to Be Considered for Accreditation
What is a BBB Accredited Business?
What are BBB Ratings?

* About Us
* News Center

joyced
6/19/10

I paid one dollar to find an owner of a phone number. Seven days later they took 18.95 from my checking account. When I tried to get my money back they said NO REFUNDS. I told them cancel but I don't trust them so I had to cancel my debit card. I will never use this service again. They are crooks.. Beware!!!

kenb2
6/11/10

I have never used phone agent.com and do not know how charges are appearing on my Master Card!

davidk5
6/8/10

WOW. What a site... If SCAM is the worst word that can be found than so be it. Stay as far away from this service as you possibly can. The site is set up to mid-lead, it will entrap you with a one dollar offer for the initial search or 4.95 for the same, but they will enroll you in their BIG identity protection plan for 18.95 per month. Located in Florida, they are exempt from certain statute of fraud laws that apply in other states. I THINK that if they do business in a state with these statutes in place they could be severely punished.

Best bet it to just stay clear. Their instant reports run into problems which they say will be fixed or resolved in 2 to 3 hours. THEN the old 72 hour wait.

TWO things brought me to cancel within four hours. This site and the need for the information I requested in a matter of minutes not days or weeks.

Thanks, Rev. Mopar (David L. Koopman)

montyw
6/5/10

Called this company to cancel my membership and they still charge the $18.95 and got nothing for it the report came back with nothing stay away from this company 6/4/2010.

paula22
6/2/10

Excellent bunch of rip-off merchants, tried the 7 day thing with me, got a refund email and confirmation number emailed to me ASAP, don't let them try to snow you.... Tell them your disputing the charges on your account.. they tend to fold after that...

lynnes1
6/2/10

Total scam! Do not give them your credit card information!!!

stephenl1
6/1/10

A ripoff. I didn't read the reviews until after I signed up. Here's my chat:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Alice'

Alice: Thank you for chatting with Phone Agent Source. May I know, whom am I chatting with?

you: Stephen Lxxxxx

Alice: Hello, how may I assist you today?

you: I need you to cancel my membership. I did not agree to pay anything more than $1. I do not agree to pay a monthly fee.

Alice: In order to pull up your account, could you please provide me the email address and phone number you used to order our services?

you: sl@yahoo.com

you: 502-555-5555

Alice: Please wait while I check your order details in our system.

Alice: I'm sorry that you have decided to cancel your membership. I do not have the authority to cancel your account; however, my manager has now been notified of your request.

you: Cancel my membership. I will inform my bank that I am being billed for a service I did not subcribe to, and that I contacted you to cancel my membership. Don't jerk me around.

you: You will be issued a chargeback.

Alice: Ok, I have cancelled your membership effective immediately. Your cancellation number is:

Alice: 56383

you: Thank you. I expect to see no charges on my credit card bill other than one dollar.

Alice: And also refunded $1.00 back to your account.

you: Thank you.

Alice: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.

Alice: Please feel free to come back for any further assistance.

ernestod
5/31/10

they promise, when you think they cannot deliver and try to cancel to told you to wait 48 hours and log in back you cannot find them even the phone. I make a copy of the chat we have and maybe I can stop payment at the bank. after showing the chat copy

amandac3
5/27/10

I was being charged $18.95 on my visa and I looked everywhere they had told me to cancel my subscription but couldn't find the RED LINED BOX they had told me about. I did live chat and after may hours of back and forth chat FINALLY got my refund. Don't accept the 50% they offer you. Don't say no you don't agree just let them know you trusted their company and you feel as though they are stealing from you. It worked for me so hopfully you will get the same results. I got 100% of my money back. Don't give up if you do not recieve any services from they they can not legally charge you any money. good luck. A

bruces2
5/27/10

This website is a bait pratice that is used to swindle people. They get you to submit your credit card number to guarantee payment without providing services. This company is located in Jacksonville,Florida. The address is 6639 Southpoint Pkwy,Jacksonville,Florida 32216

davidl6
5/26/10

Total scam; they keep you on the hook promising to have your info if you'll just wait another 72 hours. On the 6th day they hit your card for $18.95 and if you don't get a cancellation confirmation,it will go on and on. I am attempting to contact the A G in the state where they are registered. Any info on them appreciated.

anns2
5/25/10

I paid the initial $1.00 to search for a person as I was doing the census. Well, they kept saying to wait 3 hrs & they would have the info. A week later, they still didn't have the info & were now charging me $18.95. I called my bank, then called them. I actually spoke to a human who said that they would cancel my membership. When asked why they never came though with any info, I heard silence. In other words, it's a big rip-off!! <><

pegc
5/24/10

Rip off! doesnt give results, charges your account after you cancel within time alotted of free trial! I canceled because I got nothing they still charged my account 19 bucks!

jeffb4
5/21/10

Needed to do a reverse phone search to get evidence for my divorce case.Got totally different results than from other searches I know were accurate.Shows avaible info but has nothing.Refused to refund cost.Thank goodness for itelliues,a real peoplesearch site!

Questions? Get answers from the PhoneAgent.com staff and other customers.

PhoneAgent.com?