Review of Penfed.org

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

nayoungk1
7/7/18

I'm staying out of state since last year and haven't used my penfed credit card for a long time. I never expected I have a transaction to pay.

I got their payment notice on Mar 23 for the first time regarding an unauthorized transaction which occurred on 2/3/2018.
That's why I had some interests ($0.56) besides the unauthorized transaction ($59.95).

There was no transaction activity to display online at that time and I had to make an international call (3/27/2018 7:38 pm) to check what happened.
The transaction was Thrivemarket at CA and I assumed someone else used mine because of my home address in FL.
That's why I cancel the previous credit card and the new statement finally showed up on Mar 29.

I filed the dispute form on 4/3/2018 but didn't get any response from penfed staffs. I had to contact ThriveMarket to cancel this transaction.

If I have a small interest and balance transfer from the previous credit card, it's their responsibility because they didn't email me on time and provided the transaction in detail after I made an expensive international phone call.

I have a very good credit score (over 800) and paid any purchase on time except this unauthorized transaction.

I have only one unauthorized transaction and all finance charges are related to this dispute. They emailed me you have 60 days from the time your credit statement cycles to dispute the transaction in question. You will not be responsible for paying the disputed item while we are investigating the charge, nor will you be charged finance
charges during that time.

I don't mind to pay additional charges including delinquent charge ($21.34) but do mind their quality of customer service.

I assumed the dispute had done and interest charges on purchases have related to this dispute and should be removed after solving the problem. I emailed several times regarding this issue for several months but got all different answers from different staffs. Delinquent charges were removed and charged again WITHOUT explanation. Recently, I asked what's interests on purchases because I didn't activate my new credit card to purchase anything and they answered a few days ago I have to pay small interest which was NOT related to the dispute.

They deal with the customer and earn money like that which can be prevented from the very beginning. They were lazy to look up my statement in detail until I ask what's interest on purchases and just said sorry for inconvenience repeatedly without a soul.

Noone responded to my dispute after filing up the form and no sorry not to display unauthorized transaction until I made an international call. All staffs had different answers and noone let me know I have to pay small interest which was NOT related to the dispute after solving the dispute myself for such a long time.

Please be aware when you select this credit card.
Thank you for your time!

Tip for consumers: I have other credit cards based on my credit score but had to wait for around 2 months to get penfed credit card. They keep saying some internal system errors delayed my application.

Questions? Get answers from the Penfed.org staff and other customers.

Penfed.org?