Review of Pelican Parts

Tel: 1-888-280-7799
info@pelicanparts.com

normand50
10/28/18

I have no issue with their selection. However, I could have walked from California to Florida faster than their free economy shipping. Item shippe on 19 Oct and arrival not set till 30 Oct. I ordered some crappy $3.00 product to get free shipping and I regret it. Don't use their free shipping unless you live next door. Very frustrating. The shipping arrival date has changed 3 times.

Response from Michael M., Pelican Parts Representative
Norman,

Thank you for the kind words about our selection. I am proud to say we now have will over 2 million items available on our site. My co-workers in our Catalog Team work extremely hard and are always searching for new and exciting products. As a fellow enthusiast I think they have one of the coolest jobs in the company. They are always in on the ground floor and are first to be informed the latest and greatest products.

I am so sorry about the delay in transit. I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait an extended period of time to receive an order. It is painful for us to watch when we do everything in our power to get the order out of our facilities on-time. Then we stand by only to see the freight provider flubs the delivery making us miss our expected delivery date window. Most orders that ship out Economy Option get delivered to our customers on-time during the expected delivery window. Every now and then a carrier does take a bit longer to deliver. In your case it looks like they changed it 3 times. Again so sorry for the delay. We offer several upgraded shipping options at a significantly reduced cost in our shopping cart. These options are great if you have a time sensitive project and need the parts you ordered immediately.

I just sent you a PM and my contact information is listed below. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything further I can do to assist. If you are willing to give us another opportunity to earn your business I would be happy to assist you personally. I’ll see what I can do to make up for the delivery mishap. Thanks for the understanding and support.

Warm Regards,

Pelican Parts LLC.
Email: mmorita@pelicanparts.com Read less
gregm176
2/23/18

If I could rate this company less than one star I would. I placed an order on Thursday morning(well before the published cutoff date for same day next day air shipping) for a part ($32.00 bolt) that I needed to complete a vehicle. I received an email confirming my order and the expected arrival date of Friday. In addition I received notice from PayPal that funds had been sent to Pelican Parts.
Approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes later an email was sent to me (after the cutoff for NDA processing had passed) stating that "additional security precautions had been taken" on my order and it would not ship until I contacted the company. I did not see this email until 8:30 pm EST...after Pelican Parts had closed.
When I called today, the attitude had a "too bad" tone. I stayed on hold for 18 minutes waiting for a supervisor. I was then informed that he was busy and would call me back. When he finally did, the same attitude was displayed and the resolution that was offered was simply to have the parts shipped to me for Saturday...even after I explained that the car was no longer in my possession due to the part not shipping. There was nothing else offered to make up for the lost business, reputation and cash they cost me...I will never order another part from Pelican and strongly recommend that you shop elsewhere.

Response from Michael M., Pelican Parts Representative
Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please allow me to apologize for not shipping this order on time and for any tone coming from our Customer Service agents.

I have just left you a voicemail and have sent you an email. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your order and see if there is anything I can do to assist.

Fraud has been on the rise at an alarming rate as criminals increasingly target online retailers. Pelican Parts takes every precaution to ensure the security and privacy of our customers. Important information on your PayPal payment did not match information registered with PayPal. This triggered a contact from our Customer Protection Team. This was done to ensure your account was not compromised by a fraudster. Unfortunately, this did cause a delay.

If you are open to sharing your experience with me I will do everything in my power to assist you. All of my contact information is listed below. Please feel free to reach me at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Pelican Parts LLC.
Email: mmorita@pelicanparts.com
ssm3
7/20/17

I ordered engine parts for BMW engine. Pelican sent me an invoice and billed me for the parts. The next day they sent an email saying the part was discontinued. This has caused great turmoil with my engine builder as other parts from another supplier were ordered at the same time.
I checked Pelican's website and they have already removed the parts I ordered from their advertising. Too bad for me a day late.
Pelican deserves lower than 1 star for not having their inventory current and purged of long-ago discontinued parts.
I give Pelican two bags. (for those who understand what scores below zero)

Response from Michael M., Pelican Parts Representative
SSM,

I would like to apologize that we did not live up to expectation on your last order. I wanted to see if you have sorted everything out or if I could be of assistance. I also wanted to provide you with a bit of color on what transpired on your last order.

We list many parts in our catalog that are special-order from Porsche BMW, Mercedes. About 95% of the time these parts are readily available to ship within a few days. Sometimes they take longer, and sometimes they are only available from Germany. In your case it the products where “no longer available” by the OEM manufacturers. We do mark these parts NLA in our catalog with the latest updated information we can get from the manufacturers. Occasionally this information is unreliable and spotty. That makes us look bad. Unfortunately, the only solution to the problem is to not carry or list all of the parts.

We have made a business decision to continue to list and attempt to acquire these parts for our customers. Most all of our competitors have elected not to offer this service. There are rare occasions when we go to place the order we are told by the manufacturer that a part has now been made NLA (no longer available). This happens less than 1% of the time with these parts. We do attempt to message this information to our customers. When any of these parts are added to the shipping cart, we display the following message:

NOTE: In some cases, a Genuine Porsche/BMW/Mercedes part must be imported from German warehouses -- which requires longer shipping times and an additional "Germany shipping" surcharge. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to processing and shipping your order. Occasionally, a part is out of stock worldwide or no longer available. In either case, we will let you know.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation a bit. If we can still assist please feel free to contact me directly. All of my contact information is listed below.

Pelican Parts Inc.
Email: mmorita@pelicanparts.com
raymondm60
6/20/17

I just want to say how incredibly awesome every single one of your customer service people are. I have bought from lost of online parts suppliers accross the world , Rexbo Germany Brit-car United Kingdom, ECS Tuning, Autohaus and MBpartsonline to name a few in the US but NO-ONE stands out for the kind of customer service Pelican Parts gives its customers. It just seems to be embedded in every contact your customer service peiopl,e have with a customer. No matter what the customer request issue or problem pelican Parts customer service people do EVERYTHING within their power to help, no one else does this as thoroughly as Pelican Parts. I feel when I reccomend Pelican Parts to a friend I am actually doing that friend a favour knowing how well they will get looked after. Your website information is great your prices are unbeatable, shipping is A1 both time and cost and then there is the people that make all this work so fantastically well.

We all are too quick to let somone know when we are unhappy but to infrequently praise good service and Pelican Parts is the gold standard in my opinion.

Please add my thanks to all those I am sure that priase Pelican Parts for doing what it does.

Tip for consumers: No quirks just dont feel shy to call out for any kind of help the service is great.

ponijstup
2/27/17

I like this site very much.I think, it is the one of the best site.The quality of the product is the best.The price of the product is low.

gilbertop5
2/24/16

order multiple parts from Pelican Parts, I paid with my credit card, they have to go through a stupid verification process which delay the shipping, then I placed a new order, again, even though I was a returning customer and I was in their system they took me to another verification process this time with paypal, they messed up the order, it took over a week for the shipping. The customer service is from a banana republic type of business, don't trust these people. Try other places for your parts, Turnermotorsports, BMWfans, ebay, BMPdesign and so many more, by far better in prices and service than this wacky thing . The struggling of buying from these people is not worth it.

deanp15
9/17/14

Very good option if you are searching for a foreign car part. I have been ordering items from them at least a few times per year for several years now and have no complaints. Excellent selection, fairly responsive customer service and competitive prices.

Questions? Get answers from the Pelican Parts staff and other customers.

Pelican Parts?