Review of PC Magazine

Tel: +1 512.342.8378
stephanie_mlot@pcmag.com

thomasm769
4/20/19

I love the TV I bought, the transaction was all done by email but was extremely easy. Paid so much less than if I bought the TV from Costco. Buy with Confidence. Thanks PC MAG team!

waynel116
4/17/19

On dear, the web pages looks so busy, and all a big BLOB of a mess. I'm guessing the PC geniuses didn't get the memo on the KISS principle??! Smh.

davidp1174
4/11/19

Purchased a Sony product that didn't last 30 days. No response from customer service. Their policy, in part, is "PCMag Shop items may be returned within 30 days from the delivery date," which, for my item was March 13, 2019 (I have proof of delivery). But there is no response from customer service which is only an email portal.

How ironic that PC MAG actually published an article titled: How To Talk to a Real Person: The Ultimate Customer Support Phone Number Directory: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-NEECmZ01DijYOlkCBbx1O?domain=urldefense.proofpoint.com.

Response from Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative
Hello David P,

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience. As of today we do not operate a call center. We have responded to your requests on our email channel and will be happy to help you with your Sony TV. Please let us know if you need additional help with your TV.

stant25
3/26/19

I bought a 65 inch TV from PC mag and had doubts at first because the vendor wasn't a Bestbuy or Costco, etc. But this is easily once of the most seamless purchases I've made. Within two days of ordering the TV, I got a confirmation that it shipped. Delivery was made 2 days after the confirmation. Delivery guy came on time and was extremely polite / professional.

johng1422
2/25/19

Worse page you can find on web. Placed an course order and they cancelled by being non-american, WTF, As non-american I have not the right to improve my selt? Total SCAM STAY AWAY

Response from Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative
Hello John G. We understand your frustration, but unfortunately our PCMag Shop only accommodates customers in the United States. The product listing for learning courses states that information as well. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. You can always contact us through our customer service email contactshop@pcmag.com.
joes1035
1/25/19

Ordered an OLED TV and waited a week for it to ship. After numerous unanswered emails I filed a dispute through PayPal and they suddenly created a shipping label am hour after PayPal contacted them. They then proceeded to jerk me around for another few days before finally issuing a refund. This website is run by scam artists. You have been warned.

Response from Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative
Hello. We would love to research this issue further, but we don't have a record of a Joe S who purchased an OLED TV. If you would kindly email us at contactshop@pcmag.com we would like to investigate what happened with your order.
ronaldz17
11/30/18

I ordered a 65" LG OLED TV on shop.pcmag.com They immediately charged $2,249 to my credit card. Delivery was supposed to be three days. Four days later, I emailed (NOTE: They do not provide a Customer Service phone number - little wonder given my experience.) A bit later, I got an email stating the TV had shipped. I was overjoyed! But, that was false. I tried to track it, and FedEx had not received any shipment. The same thing the next day. And the next. And the next. Finally, after four days with the website stating my order had shipped, discovering each day (via FedEx - no way to talk to anyone at shop.pcmag.com) that that was not true, and concluding they had no intention of honoring and shipping my purchase, I disputed the credit card charge, cancelled the "order" and demanded my money back.

I'd give shop.pcmag.com zero stars if it were an option. I feel I was taken advantage of and have no reason to believe this is uncommon, especially in light of their direct email misrepresentation to me about having fulfilled and shipped my order when they hadn't. I will never deal with them again, and would never recommend anyone else do so either.

Response from Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative
Hello Ronald, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had. Your order was placed on Black Friday, and unfortunately our fulfillment center became overwhelmed due to extremely high demand. Also, unfortunately, automated shipping confirmation emails are sent at the moment that a FedEx tracking number is issued for an order, which occurred shortly after your purchase. Our customer service team was communicating with you during the process. We cancelled your order and refunded your charge within three hours of your email request to do so. We fully own that this issue was caused by our fulfillment center backup, and we sincerely apologize again.
russells56
11/8/18

I ordered five PC's for my business that were warrantied for one year and PC MAG SHOP sent two broken computers and have been non-responsive when confronted with the problem.

By the way, no phone number and when you email them they respond in delayed fashion with hoops to jump through and then when you jump through those hoops - there are always more afterward. WOULD NEVER ORDER FROM THEM EVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

SOMETIMES YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. JUNK.

Response from Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative
Hi Russell, we're sorry we let you down. We've shipped thousands of computers to satisfied customers, but unfortunately you received two damaged ones. We were happy that we could replace one of them and refund the other, but we agree that the resolution process took too long. Our customer service team revised our returns process following your experience. Thank you for your feedback.
karusunek
10/7/18

PC Magazine was at one time a well respected publication. Since other channels have garnered a status beyond their own, they have resorted to selling out their integrity for product placement and affiliate arrangements. They recently fired John C. Dvorak for producing an article based on facts about 5G. This shows they are not interested in publishing anything factual; they are only interested in the financial interests of their sponsors. Money over truth.

lisal547
9/28/18

If I could give them zero stars, I would be happy. I placed an order for a laptop on September 20, 2018. They created a FedEx label on September 24, 2018. I called FedEx today, and they have not even requested a pick up date. They happily charged my credit card on the 20th. Today is the 28th, and they have DONE NOTHING! I am reporting them to the BBB.

kylem201
9/24/18

It has undergone a long and steady downhill tread primarily over the last decade. Re-examine the editing.

mikes1122
8/21/18

Two weeks ago I bought an LG V35 ThinQ from AT&T. After about 10 days the phone started dropping calls, applications started shutting down, Android Auto ceased to work and the finger print pad is, at best spotty. To my surprise, LG has not provided AT&T (at least not the direct AT&T store I used) with any cases or screen protectors. When I called to have my phone replaced LG responded by saying, "We do not have a product warranty." They continued with, "you can send the phone to us and in a few weeks we'll decide whether we can fix it, but we will not replace it." I should have known when they offered a $400.00 credit just to purchase the phone that it was a Lemon. Now I have to pay 30 months for a phone that is best served in the garbage.

Note - LG denied my review 15 times, stating ad blocker issues. I turned all off and tried the review on 4 browsers.

Sorry PCMag, but they will not allow this review...

peterh240
1/17/18

Yesterday I foolishly acted upon the advice given by PC Magazine and purchased 12 months backup storage from I Drive. This purchase entitles me to 2000gb of storage. My entire computer storage amounts to just under 42gb. It has now been 22hours and only 2.2gb of data has been uploaded. My conclusion is that the service is not fit for purpose. When I made the purchase I had to confirm where the recommendation came from so can only conclude that PC Magazine get a commission, which brings me to question the validity of their recommendations. Now looking on Trust Pilot the reviews from users are similar to mine most think the service provided by I Drive is poor.
I have requested to cancel the service and asked for a full refund, but have been told that there is nothing wrong at their end and the problem must lie with to quote "The speed of the backup completely depends on the following factors:
1. Network Traffic at the time of backup.
2. Bandwidth provided by your Internet Service Provider.
3. The speed of your Internet connection.
4. The total size of the backup set."

Take my advice and never make a purchase on the strength of a PC Magazine review.

Peter Hulme

Tip for consumers: Take PC Mag reviews with a pinch od salt

eduardom42
12/30/17

HostGator is a terrible hosting solution. If PC Magazine is suggesting HostGator, this website is untrustable.

syeda72
11/11/17

The site is very useful. various types of information they provide. it's really amazing.
If you want to buy a new paper shredder for first use, feel free to browse through our reviews to find the perfect model for you. We absolutely understand that selecting the best paper shredder can be somewhat of a challenge, due to hundreds of paper shredders on the market. Or, if you are already the happy owner of a paper shredder, feel free to have a read through our collection of reviews, how to choose best one, comparison charts and informative articles from here.
Either way, be sure to join in the fun, open mind community and become lovely friends!

Tip for consumers: https://goo.gl/X9CVR1

dirtys
10/19/16

Not sure if it was the popup autoplay video, the side scrolling gif banner, the flashing side bar ads or the automatically scrolling page attempting to fit more ads on the page, but I couldn't read the content without mild nausea and rapid eye twitches. This appears to be what happens when marketing dept leads the website design team?

kimmyb2
8/31/15

I'm reading it from time to time. Is PC Gamer a part of this magazine?

clementc11
8/4/15

An informative website on PC matters. I am a regular visitor of this website.

joec112
7/10/15

I just recently stumbled across some pc magazine articles and it must be the fox news of tech sites. The articles are very biased and their mobile site is very imposing. Not to mention they don't have comments that I could find on their articles which is why I came to this site.

saraw27
11/19/14

Excellent! My fave for RC reading. Recommended to others

Sara

anthonyp31
2/13/14

So the info they have on their site is not only free but very useful. I'm not complaining about their reviews but just one aspect of the site, "Deal Of The Day". As I write pcmag has advertised a Dell Venue 8 16gb tablet for $129 with their Coupon Code. When trying to use the code your sent to Dell.com who states the code is unredeemable. After chatting with Dell customer service they state they have no control over third party deals. And there was no way to reach pcmag's customer service. So not only was the deal invalid on pcmag but I wasted a lot of my own pwesonal time. I will say this about Dell, their customer service was great.

valavanurs
7/9/13

Very Useful

I have been reading PCMag.com for many years now and find it a valuable resource.

The site has good coverage of both desktop and mobile technologies.

They're not as strong on news as TechCrunch but I find PCMag.com more useful for their reviews, tips and good coverage of security topics and Windows.

Overall, PCMag.com is a good site to keep on your toolbar for frequent visits.

anitap3
4/18/13

The Web site for PC Magazine includes everything the magazine has built its name on: hands-on product reviews from our PC Magazine Labs, expert commentary from some of the biggest names in the biz, and breaking tech news.

torryl
11/28/12

PC Magazine has always been my favorite information source.. Love it

ronk
1/21/10

The web site I've provided is simply a link to PC Magazine article on how terribly passwords are selected. The most common password revealed, from a hacked web site, was "123456", literally. The exact URL for the article is:
"http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358273,00.asp" (without the quotations).

I have a suggestion for creating a very secure 'universal password', easily remembered, and assuredly a safer password that what most use - perhaps yourself.

The best passwords have no pattern, are alpha-numeric, and the longer (12-15 characters) the better. However the prospect of deciding on such a phrase, easily recalled - but so difficult to crack, can be daunting.

Try this: Take a piece of information (perhaps an old address that you won't forget) I'll make one up as example: "1584westanywherestreetsandiegocalifornia". Read that carefully and you'll see it's an address. First, that's a nice "long" series of characters. Secondarily it's alpha-numeric, the safest type of password. Here's a trick to make that address harder to crack.

By selecting (or un-selecting - the OPPOSITE of your default keyboard setup - play with this to be sure!) the "Num-Lock" key (one tap), the above address becomes: "1584westanywherestreetsand5eg6ca35f6rn5a". Note the changes in the latter part of that address.That information has been sufficiently "garbled" to be a much more secure password, certainly than what most people use.

Take some time with a text doc., or a Word document, and play with different unforgettable strings of information. Once you've decided on a long string, but a memorable string, play with the Num Lock key and see how it changes the data.

After a bit of fine tuning, you should have an near worry-free password, very hard to crack, created simply by hitting "num-Lock" before typing it.

If you're curious what the Num Lock key does, how it works on different keyboards and computers, you can Google that and get answers. Right now, it's sufficient to jump into a safer universal password you can stop worrying about.

Hello Ronald, We do not operate a call center and are closed on the weekends. We did take your complaint seriously and have worked diligently to improve our processes. We did issue you a full refund. We are very sorry for the bad experience you had with us. Hello David, I believe we spoke and resolved the issue you had with the Sony TV. We are a legitimate business and take your complaints seriously. If you would like any other information please contact us at contactshop@pcmag.com. We will look into any other issues that you might have. Sincerely ~ PCMagShop

By Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative

Hello, Thank you for the inquiry. Please contact us at contactshop@pcmag.com. We will gladly look into the delivery issue. PCMagShop

By Margaret M., PC Magazine Representative

Questions? Get answers from the PC Magazine staff and other customers.

2 Photos for PC Magazine