Review of PayPal-prepaid

paypal-prepaid.com
Tel: +1 866-753-6440

janes171
10/8/18

They raised the monthly fee without informing people,there are cheaper cards out there so shop around.If an error happens to/on your card,they could care less and you will not get your money back...ever.The only good thing at this time is that it's a master card and not awful greedy visa.

lisab472
4/23/18

I bought a pre loadable paypal card just to buy a 19.88 lacefront human wig all my actions to purchase was declined and after all that I called them they told me my card was locked I don't know why after that they unlocked it my balance was 4.bucks I never even got to purchase anything.they don't give us refunds altho they say their protected its another case of over charging me for decline transactions just to take my money

mellodyj
7/8/17

Recently got this card just to use for misc. items. I dont' want to alway have to use my bank & credit cards.It is great my transfers are instant, I use it everywhere. As a mother of 6 this card is great for grabbing things on the go. Its accepted everywhere I shop. Its the best on in the prepaid common sector. There is a monthly fee but its very low compared to others, and I haven't been hit with any HIDDEN FEES.....which has happened before via other prepaid cards.

lorrainew3
2/1/16

This December I needed to add funds quickly to my Paypal account. I had funds in my regular Paypal that transferred from my own checking account. This service has been fine. In the Christmas rush I could not wait for the 3-5 day transfer from my account to take place. I was in the Christmas crunch and needed to buy quickly so my gifts would arrive on time.

I went to a CVS pharmacy after speaking to Paypal and they advised me to buy a Paypal my cash card and load money on it. I went to the CVS and was charged $5.00 for the card that says it is can be reloaded. After using the card at the holiday season I kept the card to maybe use again if I needed to add funds fast. It is now the end of January. Last week I tried to go to the Paypal site to add funds from my checking account and there site was down.

I was in the processes of wanting to bid for an item on Ebay. At the ending of the auction I realized I may need to have a few more dollars to be safe to win the auction. I then took my Paypal my cash card that I purchased just in December to a Dollar General store to reload. When I was in the store the employee tried to reload the card and an error message came back saying that the Vanilla network no longer honored this type of card. I asked the man what is the point in buying this and then 1 month later it is not any good?

I called Paypal and they said that they can't help it and I would need to buy another card for $5.00 all over again. So now I have lost $10.00 buying cards that Paypal said you can reload. It even says it on the packaging of the ripoff cards. I had to buy this card to make sure I could add funds for the auction last week. I came home after loading $20.00 on the card. This card is a Paypal prepaid Master card. I threw the other one away since they would not allow me to reload that one after buying it just a month before. I brought the new card home and linked it to my Paypal account.

Last week I did not need to use the linked card because of what I had already in my Paypal account just covered the action amount. I only had 1 penny left after the end of the auction. I still had the $20.00 prepaid now left in my Paypal account. I was watching a new auction and thought I would bid for this item since I needed to use this prepaid card up. I found an item to try and use as much off the card as possible. The item was for 12.99 starting bid with 3.49 shipping. total $16.48. Since I had 1 penny left then Paypal would take that first and then the rest of the card for $16.47.

I won the auction and went to pay the seller, The card rejected and said that they could not process the payment to choose another payment option. I called Paypal and they told me that there was something wrong with my browser. I refreshed the browser but the payment would not go through again. They then transferred me to the Paypal prepaid customer service department. The representative advised me that the reason the payment will not process is because they took a $4.95 service fee off the card right after I loaded $20.00 on the card. I asked them if they where crazy. I advised them that I paid $5.00 for the card and asked them why I was being charged another $4.95 service fee just for having the card?

I advised them that this is a prepaid card that they are not giving me a credit. I have already paid cash money not only for the card itself but now your company is taking money off the card. I advised them that because of this I am short $1.45 to be able to pay the seller at Ebay for an item that I have already committed to buy. I advised them that it could hurt a feedback score that is 100% with Ebay if I don't get the payment to the seller. I then went back to the store where I bought the card and tried to load $1.50 on it. They advised me at the store that I had to load $20.00 or more. This is a ripoff. Why can't I use the card anyway I want since I bought it? I own it. There should not be a set amount that you have to load. Then you are stuck with funds on the card. They also take this ridiculous service fee over and over every month. On the card it says that if the card is not used within 90 days then a service fee will apply. I just bought this card last Friday.

That is a real short 90 days. I transferred $1.50 from my checking account to be able to pay the E-bay seller. I now have to wait 3 to 5 days for that to process. I called Paypal last night they said they would credit the $1.50 until the transfer was complete so I can pay the E-bay seller. The said it would be credited within 2 to3 hours. Well guess what folks it is still not there. Thank God the seller understands, because the ripoff prepaid card service could care a less. Paypal has not kept there word so far for the lousy $1.50 credit. Pay pal brushed it under the carpet saying that the prepaid cards are sold in the stores by a third party vendor. I advised them that they need to remove there company logo then. I am doing everything I can now to have those ripoff cards removed out of stores.

I don't want to see anyone else get fooled by the perpaid card sharks that charge over and over for cards and take money because you bought a piece of plastic with there name on it. Like I said before this is not a line of credit that they are allowing you to use until you pay them back. If that was the case then I could see the extra fee for having the card. When you put your own money out and they take it every month this a big fat ripoff. It should also be up to the owner of the prepaid card how much funds they want to add. Here is what I found in the add. The package does not say on the outside about any addition fee's you don't find that out until after you buy the card. It also does not disclose that you have to load at least $20.00 or more if you want to use it over. I read the online application today and the site shows the addition fee. Why does the card not say this on the package outside, You have to wait until you are out the money. I have now lost $15.00 using this service. Buyers BEWARE

Questions? Get answers from the PayPal-prepaid staff and other customers.

PayPal-prepaid?