Pawspetsupermarket.co.uk reviews

jos1889
1/15/13

pawspetsupermarket took money from my credit card and I never even bought anything, never heard of the site. I contacted them and they refunded me and then I closed my credit card and opened a new one so they couldn't do it again. I've been contacted by Trading Standards. Apparently they trade under different pseudonyms paswpetsupermarket.co.uk is just one of them.

rebeccam5
3/21/12

Everything went through ok and goods were great, however they starting charging me again several times for the same item two months later. DO NOT USE!

annabellej1
3/2/12

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
I wish I'd checked out Jabber and other websites before I bought from pawspetsupermarket! I Bought 2 dog coats from them in Sept 2010 for £39.98 and was absolutely delighted with the service from I received. The goods arrived very quickly in perfect condition (and my dog looks adorable in them!).

Unfortunately I didn't pick up on the fact that they had slid through a further payment of £39.98 in October 2010. They then took out one payment of £39.98 practically every month from January to October 2011. When I finally noticed this it took several emails and no end of personal stress before I got a refund. If I didn't know that many, many other people had the same problem I would have thought it was a computer error.

If you are genuinely giving good feedback, I URGE you to check your bank/credit card statement thoroughly as you could get a nasty surprise like I did (those coats could have cost me nearly four hundred quid if I hadn't persevered!).

Incidentally, if like me, you have been experiencing difficulty getting a refund from your bank/credit card provider, quote Section 21 of the Consumer Protection
(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 to them. They are legally obliged to refund you and they have to prove you authorised it, not the other way round.

It looks pawspetsupermarket may have ceased trading which is great news for everyone who has been scammed.

hayleyb1
2/17/12

** AVOID THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS **

I wish I'd read these reviews before ordering! Dog coats ordered in December which were then returned as both too big (once I'd emailed to confirm a return address as strangely the one listed on their website is not the return address and you are clearly advised against contacting them there).

I then noticed a second unauthorised payment in the same amount taken six weeks later though no refund...

I assumed this was an error on their part and a transaction had been processed rather than refunded so tried calling. No-one answers their phones and you are just cut off. Ok - so I emailed them to explain the problem.

And a refund was issued. Woohoo - but only for one transaction. I tried calling again - no answer - so I emailed again to say thank you for the refund but i'd only received half the refund as I was charged twice for items ordered only once and since returned (and that the second transaction wasn't authorised by me). I then received an email to say the refund had been issued.

So I emailed again requesting someone call me to discuss, and that half the refund was still owing and since then zero communication.

I assume I now have to write this off and be grateful for the refund I did receive, but I dont see why I should just accept that they get to keep my money. And I'm now concerned they will feel they can dip into my account whenever they feel like it - so I will be contacting my bank to cancel my card.

What a pain and how disappointing.

** AVOID THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS **

cliffa1
2/11/12

This is a familiar story. Bought a dog coat in June 2011 for £16.99. It arrived OK and was OK. Kept taking the money every month up to and including December 2011.
Luckily I paid by Visa and contacted my Visa provider's fraud dept. enclosing printouts from this website.They investigated and refunded the fraudulent payments. This should work for you if you paid by Visa. I've also cancelled that card and had a new one issued. Good Luck.

yvonneh
2/2/12

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, avoid this company. Do not touch them with a bargepole. They are crooks. They have taken two unauthorised payments from my credit card & have not answered my email requesting a refund. Am now leaving it to my Credit card providor to sort it but I am going to report this rogue company to Trading Standards. I would encourage everyone who has had a similar experience to do the same. They are probably making thousands from all those people who do not bother to check their bank/credit card statements.

lisas45
2/1/12

I bought a dog bed in December and the money went out of my account, They have since taken out another payment out of my account, I contacted them - they said it would be refunded and it hasn't. I have since read lots of bad things about them and have emailed them again on numerous occasions and received quite abusive responses from 'Maxine'. I will be complaining everywhere I can about this site as they are just helping themselves to our money. Absolutely shocking. They need to be closed down ASAP!

johnd107
1/28/12

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE.THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND YOU ON NOTHING.HAD TO PUT A DISPUTE IN WITH MY CREDIT CARD PROVIDER.NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DONT ANSWER THERE PHONES.AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.ONLY FOUND THIS REVIEW SITE AFTER WAITING 2 WEEKS WITHOUT DELIVERY OF GOODS,WISH I SEEN IT BEFORE ORDERING.

lindae10
1/16/12

LIKE MANY OTHERS MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN DEBITED AND NO GOODS ARRIVED. IVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM ON 2 SEPARATE DAYS BY EMAIL AND ALSO BY PHONE WHICH CUTS YOU OFF, AND NO RESPONSE. IVE INFORMED MY CREDIT COMPANY THAT THIS COMPANY MAY TRY AGAIN TO DEBIT MY CARD AS I BELIEVE FROM READING OTHER REPORTS, IT HAS DONE THIS TO OTHER PEOPLE. BEWARE THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

fredericah
1/9/12

I noticed that I had an amount coming out of my bank monthly for which I did not know what it was. On checking I found out that it was pawspetsupermarket.com that it was from. I contacted their site and told them that I was disgusted that this was being done and a day later got an answer from them, saying that if I could identify the payment dates they would refund all the monies. Yes I thought!!.

I have checked my bank statement and this has been done. I contacted them and thanked them.

If you tell them just what has been going out of your bank I am sure they will look into it and refund you.

Good luck.

yvonneo
12/7/11

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF!!!! I bought a hamster cage from them at the end of Oct it took nearly 2 weeks to come and when it did finally arrive it was poor quality. I sent it back on the 2nd of Nov by recorded delivery asking for a refund as of today I still haven't had my money back. They are impossible to contact by phone and mostly ignore your emails even when you threaten them! Im not going to leave it as to my mind this is theft and along with other people ill be reporting them to the Trading Standards now, who I think are starting to investigate this do called company. like others i wish I had read the reviews first. Lesson learnt there!
But DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE THEY ARE THIEVES!

alexandras1
11/21/11

I have just ordered off pawspetsupermarket, before seeing this review website. I will be cancelling my debit card first thing in the morning after seeing nearly every review and the payments each month. Never again will I be buying online without seeing reviews again!

johna47
11/17/11

I ordered three dog collars from pawspetsupermarket in June 2011 - the collars are good quality, arrived quickly and only cost £12.74. HOWEVER since then they have taken either £12.74 or £16.75 out of my bank account every other week!!!
They do not answer their phones and have replied to my emails saying they will refund the money - but are still taking it. I paid through Sage Pay and they say they can do nothing to prevent pawspetsupermarket taking the money out of my account - another useless firm!
My bank, LloydsTSB, is going to refund my money and take action against pawspetsupermarket who are still taking money - over £150 and counting !!!!

danielm22
11/6/11

we purchased a dog coat and harness in July 2011. The quality of the items were satisfactory however there was a delay in sending the order. I could have accepted the delay but the repeated debits from our bank account for the same item was disgracefull. The first payment came off in July 2011 followed by a payment in September and two payments in October. We cannot get through to the company on the phone and are now attempting to contact them via email. Our advice DON'T USE PAWS PET SUPERMARKET!!!

simonj5
9/8/11

I ordered products off the site in April 2011. They debited my account for the correct amount in April, but then took the same amount out of my account EVERY MONTH FOR 4 MONTHS IN A ROW. Despite numerous attempts to get this refunded, still no luck, 6 months later!

NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM PAWSPETSUPERMARKET.COM! They are crooks, and running a pathetic and dishonest business.

jennyp7
9/1/11

I wish i had read this forum before I purchased some spray for my hens 2 weeks ago with payment taken straight away. I received an email a few days ago to say my order had been cancelled - and that was it. I replied to ask why the order was cancelled and when my refund would be given. I have tried calling the contact number and all 3 options available were all busy (all day long i got the same message)!! I am going to contact my credit card provider as i only recently had my bank account and credit card hacked into so don't want to same happening again with these fraudsters. How can these criminals get away with doing this!!!

luanb
8/31/11

do not use this site, i purchased some dishes for my bunnys and paid via debit card, they have since taken two further payments and it took me 2 months to get it back.They are currently under investigation by east riding trading standards so log a call with them, lets get them shut down and stop doing to anybody else what they have done to so many people!

johnw64
8/24/11

item was great value for money,tried communicating on the comments page,didnt seem to work so sent e-mail and got a quick respons.item took a while to be delivered but happy with purchase

lucye
8/11/11

***PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!***
I have already made comment about a week ago, but I thought I'd give an update.
I bought an indoor rabbit cage in May, I was initially attracted by the bargain price and went ahead and bought it. It took a while to be delivered and when it did, well....what can I say....to say the box was battered to death is an understatement. I was also given the invoice from another customer's purchase (with their personal details), no sign of my own. I guess this should have been when the alarm bells should have gone off.
I never went back to the site and not since made ANY purchases. Then, in July, they took money off me again. Had I not noticed this myself, I very much doubt that it would have been acknowledged by the company. I attempted to call the 'customer service team' with the number they provide on their website, but to no avail - it was an answering service that stated 'they are expereincing high call volumes' (although I doubt anyone got the opportunity to get through to actually speak to someone) - I still haven't and it's nearly 3 weeks. So, I emailed them. They stated that they had taken it by mistake, and in future I should use google checkout to avoid this happening again and gave me a five pound voucher. Like I've said in a previous post, I contacted my bank and tried to get some help as to what to do. One of the many representatives from the bank that I spoke to, said that as I'd given the 'company' my details - that I'd therefore authorised it?? Absolutely no help at all. Paws Pet Supermarket said they'd refund me within five days - they came and went, another series of emails, and another promise of a refund, this time within three days, and yes you've guessed it - no refund. Through sheer frustration and anger, I hit the itnernet and researched what could be done about this. I found out that the bank were in part responsible - although they don't offer this advice. Go on the Finicial Services Authority website. I physically took this information into bank and demanded that something be done. Only now an investigation is actually underway. I have provided evidence that the transaction was unauthorised. The bank will be refunding this money and then chasing the 'company' for the refund. I have needed to change my details to ensure this doesnt happen again. Don't allow the bank to 'fob' you off with any excuse, they are there to look after your money (supposedly). Paws Pet Supermarket are theives. From the numerous of posts on this website, they are clearly doing it on a regular basis - if this was done in a shop or taken from your bag on the street then they would be prosecuted - but as it's online they seem to just be getting away with it. It's disgraceful !! Know your rights !!
NEVER EVER USE PAWS PET SUPERMARKET UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT RAIDED AT WILL !! BEWARE!!!

helenl4
8/11/11

Wish I'd read these reviews- would advise people NEVER touch this site with a bargepole!!

We ordered a product from them last year and discovered that they have been continuing to take the same amount of money from our account over the past few months. It came as no surprise that we can't contact them on the phone and we've had to cancel a bank card so that they can't carry on siphoning off our money. Our bank fraud team have been very helpful, but we're furious that they're still obviously in business. I will certainly be doing more research before I buy anything else from unfamiliar internet sites...

lynnb7
7/28/11

Recently ordered a cat scratching post. Payment was taken the next day but a week later I received an email saying the item was no longer in stock and asking if I wanted a replacement item or a refund. I requested a cheaper replacement and refund but have heard nothing and they are not replying to emails. The phone is never answered and I am concerned when I read about duplicate payments being taken from bank cards.There is no delivery information on the webpage and no details or address for the business. I can't believe I didn't spot this in the first place - I am usually very cautious, but their website looks professional and I think I'm now another one of the long list of people who have been scammed by pawspetsupermarket.

sues11
7/13/11

Do not use this site they take the payment each month until you notice and then do not come up with the refund.

maureena
7/11/11

They are complete frauds - STAY AWAY they take monthly payments out of your account and are uncontactable. Does anyone know how you go about getting this company off line???

colinw1
7/2/11

I stupidly did not realise the facility for reveiwing websites was available in April. I made a purchase from Pawspet on April 18th and it was delivered promptly and yes at the time I did think postage charges were excessive but had no other gripes. Until May when they took another deduction from my acount. This was promptly reversed by my very very helpful bank, NatWest. Thinking that was setteld I was amazed to see that yet again the deduction was made in June. once again Nat West refunded the amount but this time Pawspet have used another approach and seemingly made it appear that I myself made a legitimate bank transfer, within 24hours of the bank refunding my hard earned money Pawspet dragged it back again.
Having the same experience as most others I found that their call centre numbers for Sales, customer services and accounts are never abvailable so I emailed. The first reply [from Maxine] admitted their error and promised repayment within 5 working days, this 'repayment' has taken the form of another deduction!
So I emailed again claiming compensation and if this was not corrected I would use every means at my disposal to bring them to brook.
Maxine's reply is very interesting, Pawspet have reported the matter to 'the police' claiming that I have attempted to blackmail them. My reply was to request the crime number issued and the address of the police station to which Maxine advises me they have been themselves advised by the police not to correspond with me while the issue is being investigated...........
Watch this space
Marshall

karenc13
4/5/11

Don't use this site if you expect any form of customer service.

We ordered two dog beds. When they arrived they were the wrong size, this was partly our fault but was an easy mistake to make. I asked to send them back and also suggested that if they gave a bit more specific information on their website then other custsomers wouldn't make the same mistake that we did. This was intened to be helpful and wasn 't a compliant. Please see below for the email responses from the company. We sent the dog beds back in disgust but to date have not recieved a refund even though we have send them special delivery.

From: sales@pawspetsupermarket.co.uk [mailto:sales@pawspetsupermarket.co.uk]
Sent: 29 March 2011 13:06
To: 'Karen

Hello
Actually, you were not trying to stop other from making the same mistake, you were in fact trying to obtain free postage and a free return,
As you are probably aware in this economic climate customers who expect things for free, as not the ones we wish to keep.
Interestingly enough, you are the first to comment on our returns address e-mail, and the first to request free postage because the bed they ordered was too small.
The interior measurements being the wall thickness difference, of around 2 inch.
Claire

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:46 PM

Dear Mrs Wright

Whatever happened to Customer Service? I gave you some simple feedback that would have saved other customers making the same mistake as us and would have saved your company time sorting it out. I certainly didn't expect a lecture telling me how wrong I was! At that stage my email was not a complaint. I was surprised by the brusque reply from unnamed member of staff.

This could have been handled so much better, you wouldn't have lost a sale and would have gained a customer who would have recommended your company. But I think you must know that yourself.

Out of interest are you the owner of this company? if not please provide me with name an contact details of the owner or MD.

We will return the beds to you tomorrow for a full refund.

Yours Sincerely

From: sales@pawspetsupermarket.co.uk [mailto:sales@pawspetsupermarket.co.uk]
Sent: 29 March 2011 12:20
To: 'Karen

Dear Karen
The bed sizes are the exterior size, all measurements when you buy goods are the exterior ones.
The size is the bed size, just the same as when you buy a 4ft rabbit hutch the size is of the hutch not the inside.
I am not sure why you would think a dog bed would follow a different line than anything else you buy.
If you buy a wall cabinet, the measurements are for the outside, not the inside.
Judging by the bluntness of your e-mail it may be better to just return the order.

We send out the very same e-mail to all of our customers who wish to return order, you are the very first to complain about it, which speaks volumes.

Claire Donna wright (Mrs)

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:10 PM
Subject: RE: Your Order at pawspetsupermarket.co.uk

Since the mistake was not entirely ours as the sizing on your website is not that clear I was surprised to be charged again for postage both to return to you and for the replacements be sent to us. Had the sizing been made clear on the website we would not have made this mistake.

Please pass this to your customer service team. We would like to return the beds and of course expect to pay the difference in price between 26 inch and 30 inch but do not expect to incur any further postage charges.

Failing this we will exercise our rights under the distance selling act and return the beds for a full return.

Please ensure that your reply comes from a named person. I was not impressed by the reply below which had no greeting and no ending and no contact name a very poor example of customer service and not one that would encourage me to use pawspetsupermarket again.

Regards

Karen

Please do not forget to enclose your order number name and address.

If you wish to exchange your order please enclose details of the exchange product, plus a cheque or postal order to cover any price difference plus £3 for the extra postage and packaging cost.
Alternatively we can take the extra payment form the card you used to pay for your order with.
If you paid for your order via google checkout or paypal, please let me know and I will send you a google or paypal invoice for the additional amount, if applicable.

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:13 AM

Dear Paws Pet Supermarket

We received the below order on Saturday thank you. The dog beds are lovely but are too small. We ordered 26 inch after measuring our current dog beds. We assumed that the 26 inches referred to the inside of the bed ( as with the similar dog beds that we already have). In seems that on these beds the 26inch refers to the outside edge to edge which makes them too small. It might just be worth making this clear on your website to save other people getting the wrong size by mistake.

We'd like to return these and order the next size up please could you send us a return label and advise us how to do this?

Many thanks

Karen

Hi All I brought 2 sets of polka dot collar & leads back in July.. delivered within 3 weeks, but then after a week of them being used, all the fake leather came off both collars so I sent them an email complaining asking for a return address & for a refund.. 8 emails later, (2 back saying they are waiting for a response from the designers) I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY You cannot reach them on their phone as it diverts straight to an American Voicemail.. You get no where by emailing them either. I have now faxed them - we'll see how we get on. IF YOU WANT MY OPINION DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.. CHEAP DOESNT ALWAYS PAY!

By JACQUELINE D.
Questions? Get answers from the Pawspetsupermarket.co.uk staff and other customers.

Pawspetsupermarket.co.uk?