Review of OtakuMode

Tel: +1-916-445-1254
support@tokyootakumode.com

jiml305
1/19/19

A month after I order from here I was charged $14 dollars to continue my "Premium Membership". But I never signed up for the membership was automatically enrolled after made my purchase, I would not trust this seller with my information if given the chance again and would recommend you stay away.

haroldp37
12/10/18

I ordered high-end figures which were supposedly available and in stock for Christmas and weeks passed without any update on the order. All the while I was using their response form to ask about the status. They did not respond. After weeks I was still on pre-order status for figures apparently available for more than a month. They just don't respond. Their auto-system was very timely, however, about signing me up for premium which I did not want or request. So I have cancelled all orders now and still no response. The website is plastered with notices about how they respond within 1-2 business days which is completely untrue. They also warn about shipping delays of 2-3 business days. The actual delays would be more like 20 business days which makes buying for holidays impossible. Hey TOM, take my advice and fire your managers immediately. Their incompetence is destroying your business. They lost thousands of dollars in business from me. The least you can do is respond to your customers.

wakat
10/1/18

I bought one item as a birthday present for my brother. I paid for expedited shipping so it would arrive around the time of his birthday. It arrived 1 month later.

Tokyo Otaku Mode also enrolled me into their premium membership program without my consent and set me up on automatic renewal. Since that one gift purchase for my brother, I did not buy a single thing. I was billed $15 three months later. I contacted TOM to dispute this. They refuse to give me a refund.

Don't buy from this site. It's absolutely not worth it.

jonc179
9/8/18

Sent me an item with a broken box. Shipper was not broken at all, meaning they knowingly sent an item with a broken box to me. Will not exchange it, offered store credit. Don't buy from them if you care about the boxes of your figures.

not232
9/25/17

This site is actually very good and probably one of the safest places to buy figures if you want to avoid getting bootleg ones I'd recommend buying from here, most of my orders have been plushies and they've arrived on time and in good condition I'd just like to inform people that the pictures they use to advertise their products are usually the prototype or the best looking version of the product so be aware that things may be different when you receive them, for example the ball chain plushies will never look perfect as they're small and mass produced. This site has it's own currency and it's handy some times but be aware when you get a refund as they could refund you in tom points which do expire after a year. It's good site i haven't had to deal with the customer service so I don't know about that but from my experience they're a great store!

angelm97
8/25/17

Initially I had one big order of items with my shipping address as America, however some of the items I ordered wouldn't ship to America and only shipped to Asian countries (Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines etc.). I decided to divide my orders into two, the other half being sent to America and the half that only shipped to Asian countries I sent to Philippines (as I had relatives there). The American half was fine and arrived on time, however the other half never moved? I had kept checking my TOM account for updates and also e-mails. It had not moved to the "shipped" step even after more than 2 weeks, and all this time I never realised that they had actually cancelled my order. They sent an e-mail to the paypal address but never to the account address, which I think is very bad customer service. I am now in the middle of sorting it out and am very disappointed with the website. I do not know why they had not contacted my account e-mail about this sooner and why they only decided to contact my paypal e-mail (they are not the same).

kumat
8/2/17

I pre-ordered a Figma figure of Guyver III back in February from this site, with the site claiming expected ship date would be in July. Problem 1 right there, because it's August 2nd and I'm still awaiting my shipment.

Problem 2 - when they received the stock in just under a week ago, it immediately went up for sale on their site. The item page states it should ship out in 2 business days. I've officially waited longer than that since they received their stock.

Problem 3 - the really big issue - their customer service team doesn't seem to give a damn at all! I've received conflicting reports (one told me my item is package and sitting on a shipping dock just awaiting transfer to postal service, that was two days ago, another told me they're experiencing delays due to a singular holiday in Japan two weeks ago) and then was flat out refused to be helped by their Facebook CS person, because I already had a reply by someone through e-mail!!

That's right - I was ignored and told to just wait for someone else who already helped me before to get back to me -.- And they continued to ignore me even after I pointed out that the e-mail CS person, is also ignoring me!!

So yeah - I have no clue when my item is shipping, and I can't get a straight answer out of anyone as to what's going on. Terrible, terrible experience, incompetent as hell company.

danielleb42
3/22/16

Tokyo Otaku Mode has a variety of Japanese items such as anime figures, cute stationery, chopsticks and other kitchen items, and even cosplay wigs and clothing. I bought some chopsticks from them earlier this month because I had a $5 credit on the site (so I got the item for free, not including shipping) and received them 15 days later, so shipping does take a while. The box was well secured but was large for just a pair of chopsticks, though it came with a free sticker, poster, and folder. It's a cute site, but I don't think I'd order from them again unless there was free shipping and I had accumulated some free credit on the site.

As for the chopsticks I ordered, the quality of them wasn't what I expected. They were pink Rilakumma (Happy Fun Time Series) chopsticks with a case to keep them in, but they weren't long enough, were slippery, and seemed like they were made for kids rather than adults.

Tip for consumers: Join here for $5 to spend on your next order: https://otakumode.com/invite/240bd9

Questions? Get answers from the OtakuMode staff and other customers.

1 Photo for OtakuMode