OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org has a consumer rating of 4.92 stars from 275 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with OnlineBookClub.org most frequently mention gift card, daily giveaway and social media. OnlineBookClub.org ranks 5th among Books Other sites.

• Online Book Club is a great way to learn about new books and get a chance to review them.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OnlineBookClub.org?

“I love being a member of OBC!”

Tara B.
4/26/21

OBC is the best online book club ever! I've been a member since 2016, and I love being part of such a positive community. I've connected with people all over the globe that I otherwise would have never had the opportunity. It's a great place to make friends, discover new reads, and even win some cash (I won $20 in the drawing on 4/24/21... yay! Thank you!). A big thank you to Scott, founder of OBC, for providing a community where all are welcome and where everyone's voice is valued. Much appreciated!:-)

“Reviewers and Authors Beware!”

Renu G.
1/17/20

I discovered that OnlineBookClub is not a legitimate site. People are obsessed with nitpicking grammatical errors instead of focusing on the content.

book club (0)
tarab328
April 26th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
No matter where you're from, where you live, and what genre you most enjoy reading, there is something here for all to enjoy! OBC is for everyone! You'll love it here. :-)

Products used:
Online book club community and daily giveaways

Hi Tara,
Thank you so much for your review and congratulations!

smilings
May 14th, 2021

I have been a member of OBC for a few years. At first, I had doubts, since it's hard to believe that you can earn money just by reading and reviewing books. Indeed, it was certainly not easy with all the requirements you need to meet. However, after fulfilling them, I'm able to receive rewards for my efforts, such as payment after my reviews are published or payment for The First Ten program.

Hello,

mardil2
March 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Let me be honest and admit that I was somewhat afraid to have my book reviewed. But I knew it was an important step for me to take. I found the OnlineBookClub reviewer to be fair and her feedback to be extremely useful. The review covered everything: content, grammar, approach, etc. There are millions of books out there and if you want your book to be taken seriously, I strongly recommend that you take this step. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

Hi Mardi,

merikol
April 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've only joined a couple of hours ago but, I can honestly say it is worth it! My experience is genuinely amplified by the enticing books & titles but, mostly the captivating reviews. They're somewhat brief, insightful assessments that nearly portray the likeness of the illustrations verbatim. I hope you take my word for it, because my description hasn't been tainted by money/compensation. It emanates from my newfound fascination contributed by personal experience.

Hi Meriko,
Thank you so much for your review.

phillipl138
March 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

The experience was most worthwhile. To receive positive comments about my short story from discerning, interested and learned critics were most rewarding and worthwhile. I was also afforded the opportunity to outline the importance of such promotions in greatly increasing an awareness of my work on the international scene. Three of my short stories promoted through this medium are currently being converted into film scripts for consideration as movies.

Hi Phillip,

oliviab223
January 14th, 2021

I inquired into purchasing a promotional package for my fiancé's new book as a birthday gift. Scott was absolutely fantastic and totally took care of me and helped with my situation. Other than being a great platform for free books and generating reviews, their customer service is top notch. Really grateful for these guys!

yvonnev56
April 15th, 2021

I have been on the Onlinebookclub.org review team since September 2020, and I must say that the experience has been highly enjoyable so far. I have come across some great books to review, and I am very grateful for the received payments. Additionally, I have won the "Book of the day" contest once, and earned the "First Ten" payout twice, which have all been paid swiftly. I have not had any big issues, but the few questions that have come up during these months, have been answered by the OBC team within 24 hours.

Hi Allison,

stephens1507
April 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

The website is, for starters, beautifully done and intuitive to use. Here I've met a community of like-minded people who love reading. I can discuss books with others, and get insightful recommendations from the site's incredible Review Team. Above all, joining is easy and free! Kudos to Scott and the team that has made all this possible.

Hi Stephen,

jenniferc2440
May 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I like this book Sarah whose low self-esteem made her so subservient to her husband, Tyler. It was pathetic to read her thoughts, "She'd never do better for herself than Tyler Chandler" even after he'd so blatantly insinuated that he'd cheat on her if she delayed meeting his bedroom needs. I see him as a manipulator and have the feeling that he's got something coming for him

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you are enjoying the book so far.

prophetj
April 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

The reviewer was honesty. I did not know anything concerning the on line book club prior to contacting Scot but have found out they are indeed professional and authenticatic. Many thanks to my reviewer for a detailed synopsis of what my book is all about. I greatly appreciate you honesty and expertise in your reviewing work. Please, keep it up to all tasks you accept.

Hi Prophet,

nannap3
April 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

I appreciated having the opportunity the have a professional review of my book. The reviewer obviously read the entire book, which doesn't take long, with more children's stories. I felt she had an accurate understanding of the theme and purpose of this particular story. She was detailed and honest in her review. She didn't necessarily agree with my choice to do the book in black and white and that's perfectly alright. Thank you OnlineBookClub for your support of authors and their literary works. You make things easier.

Hi Nanna,

michellef699
December 4th, 2019

I have always loved reading and expressing my thoughts through writing. So when I discovered onlinebookclub.org, I was ecstatic about not just having access to more books to read, but also getting paid to review them. I have had a good experience so far, and to top that, I recently won the 'Book of the day' entry giveaway and the webmaster, Scot sent me a $20 Amazon giftcard as a reward. The website is legit and the giveaways are real. I implore anyone on the fence to come join us.

laurens667
March 27th, 2021
Verified purchase

I would highly recommend The Online Book Club. It has a strong pull towards avid readers. They offer tools to take advantage of for writers of non-fiction and fiction, such as quality, honest reviews and promotional opportunities. Feedback is terrific and support is phenomenal.

Hi Lauren,

obb
March 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

I cannot think of anything that made me regret joining this platform. As someone who enjoys reading, I have had a superb experience. In addition to the books, I have been paid for my reviews. So I am able to access the books I want, have a wonderful time with them, and get paid for it! All in exchange for an honest review. What could be better than that? I am grateful for this platform.

Hi,

jw845
April 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Excellent from start to finish. The onlinebookclub.org is a great resource and anyone who enjoys reading and reviewing books should check them out.

Hi J. W.,

candyt33
March 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

It's been an amazing journey so far. I've learned a lot of valuable lessons and skills. I was skeptic from the start but only realised my potentials when I refused to quit. Am able to write reviews that make sense thanks to those tuff uncompromising editors. Thanks alot on-line book club. Thank you Scott.

Hi Candy,

tonys1089
March 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

Great review. The reviewer took time to even correct some editing work. It was honest and helpful for me to improve for any future drafts or updates.

dennish563
April 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

Excellent review! The reviewer understood the high concept and picked up on things that other readers don't. Great job!

Hi Dennis,

jemimaa3
May 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

This club is wow, within the few days I've joined; I've enjoyed every aspect of it.

Thanks so much

Hello Jemima,

danield1259
May 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

Writing book reviews for OnlineBookClub has been a privilege, an honor because this is the first online book club I have joined to date, that doesn't discriminate, offering various writing opportunities for people of various nationalities regardless of their color, creed, or religious affiliations. I am proud to be a member of this club, and if given the choice, I would commit myself to hone my writing skills here, for many years to come.

demik6
May 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

You really hit on the nail! I am very very
Satisfied with this review. You wrote some thing private. How you had no ideal how
Much racism was going on back in the day.
Things are so much better now. Nobody back then went to there immigrant parents, dad mom I am gay. They would be thrown out the window. I felt close to the little black girls. We bonded. I was so picked on. It is so different now. Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

Warmly,
Demi K

Hi Demi,

kathih33
December 28th, 2020

Nutmeg, by Katharin Ridgeway is a very laughable, loveable book filled with poignant drama. Though fiction, it depicts family life as it truly is.

davido1051
April 14th, 2021

OBC is an authentic site for book lovers and is professionally managed. It also has good incentives like the giveaway I just won. Plus, if, if you're a reviewer, you get great feedback from the administrators and moderators.

Hi David,

danellec7
May 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm new to OnlineBookClub, but I am very pleased with my experience so far. There are so many opportunities on OnlineBookClub. I have never participated in forums before now, but I've found them easy to navigate and participate. It is nice to be able to share your opinions and love of books with other likeminded individuals. I have also discovered that I notice more of what is in a novel since I've been taking so many notes while reading. It's definitely a new way to read a book, but I'm retaining more. I am so thankful for this opportunity with OnlineBookClub.

Hello Danelle,

jamesj1638
October 4th, 2020

This book was so great I was addicted to it by the first page I have read to many children's books to many children and found this book to be so encouraging. The fact that the author found a way to make Lisa feel good about who she was and still make it fun and heartfelt was a testament to how good of an author she is. I would recommend Finding Lisa to all girls and girls alike.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., Webmaster

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

Is it a scam?

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

See more answers (3)

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

See more answers (3)

The first thing you should do is go to the Review Team Page and sign up. Then browse the forums for welcomes and tips. Your first review will NOT be paid, but please do your best on it because it will make or break your experience.

By Chelsalina C.
See more answers (3)

The payment ranges from $5 to $60 per review. But the amount you are paid depends largely on your level.

By Michelle F.

How can i join?

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey".

By Lorain D.
See more answers (3)

Hi, Laura! Yes, we have many non-fiction reviews actually. You can see them at: https://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/?genre=24

See more answers (3)

It depends on the readers speed and accuracy, a book can be read in hours or days even weeks for others. After reading the reviewer might take a day or 2 if he or she is focused but a quick review can be done in minutes or an hour.

By chris m.
See more answers (2)

I think that this is a great way to get a book publicized and read by many online book club members, as many of them also will use social media to share the book. It is quite an amazing opportunity for authors, as well as book reviewers.

See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

OnlineBookClub.org is an awesome site for readers. We have international book discussions, virtual bookshelves to track what you have read, original book reviews and much more!

Business History

OnlineBookClub.org was started in 2006, before Kindle even existed. We now have over two million members and counting.

scotth138
Scott H.
Webmaster
The most important thing to me is my two kids. I am a full-time dad.

I created OnlineBookClub.org over 15 years ago. I am very passionate about client satisfaction and making OnlineBookClub.org the best it can be. I work 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

There is a contact link on every page of OnlineBookClub.org, so if you ever have any trouble or questions at all, please contact me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnlineBookClub.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.9
Have a question about OnlineBookClub.org?