OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org has a consumer rating of 4.94 stars from 598 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with OnlineBookClub.org most frequently mention gift card, reading books and daily giveaway. OnlineBookClub.org ranks 5th among Books Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 99.8%

• Online Book Club is a great way to learn about new books and get a chance to review them.
  • I love OnlineBookClub.org for the awesome book reviews, written by several different members.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OnlineBookClub.org?

“Review of novel: CHANGE”

N G.
6/22/21

I'm grateful for, and am really impressed by this review. I didn't expect my novel CHANGE to get 4 out of 4 stars. The reviewer clearly enjoyed the novel, and that came across in the review. I can't ask for more than that. The comments he made were valid and I will take them on board. It's not time to give up my day job just yet, but this review has encouraged me to keep on writing. I would recommend Online Book Club reviews.

“Reviewers and Authors Beware!”

Renu G.
1/17/20

I discovered that OnlineBookClub is not a legitimate site. People are obsessed with nitpicking grammatical errors instead of focusing on the content.

book club (60) book reviews (11)
ng85
June 22nd, 2021

tarab328
April 26th, 2021

OBC is the best online book club ever! I've been a member since 2016, and I love being part of such a positive community. I've connected with people all over the globe that I otherwise would have never had the opportunity. It's a great place to make friends, discover new reads, and even win some cash (I won $20 in the drawing on 4/24/21... yay! Thank you!). A big thank you to Scott, founder of OBC, for providing a community where all are welcome and where everyone's voice is valued. Much appreciated!:-)

Tip for consumers:
No matter where you're from, where you live, and what genre you most enjoy reading, there is something here for all to enjoy! OBC is for everyone! You'll love it here. :-)

Products used:
Online book club community and daily giveaways

Hi Tara,
Thank you so much for your review and congratulations!

queene10
October 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

I stumbled on this wonderful network some weeks ago on a friend's profile on LinkedIn. I subsequently subscribed as a reader and a reviewer, just to check it out and maybe have some fun. I had been quite sloppy in my reading habits lately.The email follow-up and reminders for tasks are awesome and keep me up my toes. The website has very easy-to-use navigation bars. The books of the day are also top notch. I already like it here and I believe I'd stick around a long while.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Thank you for your review, Queen!

smilings
May 14th, 2021

I have been a member of OBC for a few years. At first, I had doubts, since it's hard to believe that you can earn money just by reading and reviewing books. Indeed, it was certainly not easy with all the requirements you need to meet. However, after fulfilling them, I'm able to receive rewards for my efforts, such as payment after my reviews are published or payment for The First Ten program.

mardil2
March 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Let me be honest and admit that I was somewhat afraid to have my book reviewed. But I knew it was an important step for me to take. I found the OnlineBookClub reviewer to be fair and her feedback to be extremely useful. The review covered everything: content, grammar, approach, etc. There are millions of books out there and if you want your book to be taken seriously, I strongly recommend that you take this step. My only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

Hi Mardi,

merikol
April 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've only joined a couple of hours ago but, I can honestly say it is worth it! My experience is genuinely amplified by the enticing books & titles but, mostly the captivating reviews. They're somewhat brief, insightful assessments that nearly portray the likeness of the illustrations verbatim. I hope you take my word for it, because my description hasn't been tainted by money/compensation. It emanates from my newfound fascination contributed by personal experience.

Hi Meriko,
Thank you so much for your review.

phillipl138
March 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

The experience was most worthwhile. To receive positive comments about my short story from discerning, interested and learned critics were most rewarding and worthwhile. I was also afforded the opportunity to outline the importance of such promotions in greatly increasing an awareness of my work on the international scene. Three of my short stories promoted through this medium are currently being converted into film scripts for consideration as movies.

Hi Phillip,

oliviab223
January 14th, 2021

I inquired into purchasing a promotional package for my fiancé's new book as a birthday gift. Scott was absolutely fantastic and totally took care of me and helped with my situation. Other than being a great platform for free books and generating reviews, their customer service is top notch. Really grateful for these guys!

sarrik
May 22nd, 2021

I found Onlinebookclub.org by accident in October 2020. I was sent there by a giveaway link. After further looking into it, I found a way to get paid for most book reviews along with their daily giveaway. I get to read new books, write a review, get paid for that review, and enter into daily giveaways worth up to $40. I absolutely enjoy reading so getting paid to do so is just a bonus. I definitely recommend checking them out.

Hello Sarri,

yvonnev56
April 15th, 2021

I have been on the Onlinebookclub.org review team since September 2020, and I must say that the experience has been highly enjoyable so far. I have come across some great books to review, and I am very grateful for the received payments. Additionally, I have won the "Book of the day" contest once, and earned the "First Ten" payout twice, which have all been paid swiftly. I have not had any big issues, but the few questions that have come up during these months, have been answered by the OBC team within 24 hours.

Hi Allison,

sweetsoursaltya
June 16th, 2021

The OnlineBookClub.org provides a great opportunity to review the books that you like and get compensated for it. I have been doing a couple of reviews with them for almost a year now. I appreciate how the system works and the handling of transactions. My recent review earned a free book and a bonus. Thank you so much for your commitment to books and reading.

Ebooks

am950
September 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

You legitimately get paid to read books. I've made over $100 in the last 6 weeks. It's easy and straightforward and is perfect for people who love to read. Definitely recommend!

rolandj48
September 23rd, 2021
• Updated review

One of the few book sites that I've personally visited with any regularity that demonstrates any organization, direction and easy to understand tech issues. Take your time, read the instructions, follow them and you will minimize any confusion. They are great when it comes to answering questions and giving you the correct information you need to resolve and tech issues might have. Excellent book site. Nothing beats OBC.Org

Tip for consumers:
Have all your information handy when you need assistance. It's time consuming when you have to leave a tutorial to searching for something. You are wasting everyone's time if you aren't prepared. Have everything right there in front of you. You'll be surprised at how fast things will go.

Alice In Dreamland
September 18th, 2021
• Previous review

As a new member of OBC it's pleasant to finally come across an intellectual site that has its focus on books and reading. The site is easy to navigate. The comments are appropriate. And the available references are up to date and currant.

Tip for consumers:
Be sure you have the minutia available and handy to help speed things up. You waste time having to stop in the middle of conversation having to go look for information. Have it right in front of you.

stephens1507
April 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

The website is, for starters, beautifully done and intuitive to use. Here I've met a community of like-minded people who love reading. I can discuss books with others, and get insightful recommendations from the site's incredible Review Team. Above all, joining is easy and free! Kudos to Scott and the team that has made all this possible.

Hi Stephen,

howardg317
July 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was very pleased with the review I got on the onlinebookclub.org. It was lengthy and detailed indicating the reviewer not only read but though carefully about my novel. It's always fascinating to read how other people have impressions of your work that you didn't necessarily realize you'd made but are perfectly valid and insightful.

Hello Howard,

jenniferc2440
May 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I like this book Sarah whose low self-esteem made her so subservient to her husband, Tyler. It was pathetic to read her thoughts, "She'd never do better for herself than Tyler Chandler" even after he'd so blatantly insinuated that he'd cheat on her if she delayed meeting his bedroom needs. I see him as a manipulator and have the feeling that he's got something coming for him

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad you are enjoying the book so far.

davidj2205
October 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

I am the Author of The Altitude Journals. Writing can be a lonely pursuit. After toiling away in obscurity for years the greatest reward a Writer may enjoy is knowing their work had an impact. Online Book Club provides that satisfaction by making Reader reviews and discussion readily available and publicly viewable. While professional reviews are still quite valuable in a commercial sense, nothing can replace the genuine reaction of common Readers who chose to spend their time experiencing a piece of written work.

Monica S. – OnlineBookClub.org Rep

Thank you for your review, David!

joanner245
June 20th, 2021

I've been with OBC since July 2020 and so far everything I expect is met. I got to read books for free and been compensated for the reviews I made. Yes, some of the reviews I made do not have good ratings but what do I expect. All things should meet a certain standard so that this site can remain its prestige. And those ratings make me want to try harder which is a gain in itself. I also received free books by joining a daily raffle which I won recently, a major plus for this site.

Tip for consumers:
If you like reading this is a good site to have.

prophetj
April 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

The reviewer was honesty. I did not know anything concerning the on line book club prior to contacting Scot but have found out they are indeed professional and authenticatic. Many thanks to my reviewer for a detailed synopsis of what my book is all about. I greatly appreciate you honesty and expertise in your reviewing work. Please, keep it up to all tasks you accept.

Hi Prophet,

cliffordm139
August 11th, 2021

I have been an avid reader for close to 20 years now. I thought I had experienced it all until I stumbled upon this website and a whole new world of books was opened up to me. The interactive forums here are serious and extremely thought-provoking. I liked the daily free giveaways not forgeting their wide range of genres of books to choose from. This should be the only home for all book lovers out there.

Tip for consumers:
The website strict adherence to their laid down guidelines ensures only serious members are able to enjoy their services.

Thank you, Clifford!

jamesb4835
May 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

I feel the review that Sam gave was honest and fair. Because it is my first book I am very pleased with 3 out of 4 and I know my writing will improve by taking away Sam's comments. All round I am happy with On Line Book Club, the help I have been given has been first class, and I will use them again.

Hello James,

nannap3
April 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

I was a little hesitant to do Book if the Day, but it was a terrific experience to get feedback from nearly 200 readers. Most have not yest read the book, but hopefully they will. Most of those who posted a message had only read the review. Those who did read the 20 minute read of the book fully understood the true meaning and intent of the book.
I enjoyed all the comments, even the few that were not sure about the book. All I can say is READ IT!, it'll be well worth the short period of time to read…

Hi Nanna,

shivas32
July 1st, 2021

What a great site!
It has the nice feel of community that many message boards and sites had in the early days of the Internet, before the behemoths gobbled them up.
When I had a few teething issues in the beginning, Sarah and Scott got back to me almost immediately and sorted things out, and I submitted my latest novel for review.
I am now over the moon!
Although WINDSWEPT has all the hallmarks of a conventional twisty, turner romantic thriller, a lot of emotional subtext (and socioeconomic} subtext swirls beneath the surface.
Several other reviewers/critics have read the now in a conventional way and written conventional reviews.
The Online Book Club reviewer is the first professional to have read novel and understood what actually was going on behind the curtain.
I want to thank the team for their hard work and look foward to many happy future interactions with the site.

Hello Shiva,

prernar1
July 7th, 2021

Onlinebookclub.org is the best site I could ever gain experience on. Book lovers should totally check this site out because it provides you with every genre of writing and the books are worth reading and the reviews help you select you personal favourite. The daily giveaways in this platform are legit, As a member of this platform I'm telling this on the basis of my personal experience. So, just go and give this site a look you won't regret.

Hello Prerna,

michellef699
December 4th, 2019

I have always loved reading and expressing my thoughts through writing. So when I discovered onlinebookclub.org, I was ecstatic about not just having access to more books to read, but also getting paid to review them. I have had a good experience so far, and to top that, I recently won the 'Book of the day' entry giveaway and the webmaster, Scot sent me a $20 Amazon giftcard as a reward. The website is legit and the giveaways are real. I implore anyone on the fence to come join us.

Hello, you can use this link to have your children's book reviewed by our team: https://onlinebookclub.org/submit-book.php

By Monica S.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., Webmaster

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

Is it a scam?

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

By Sara G.
See more answers (3)

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

By Sara G.
See more answers (3)

The first thing you should do is go to the Review Team Page and sign up. Then browse the forums for welcomes and tips. Your first review will NOT be paid, but please do your best on it because it will make or break your experience.

By Chelsalina C.
See more answers (3)

The payment ranges from $5 to $60 per review. But the amount you are paid depends largely on your level.

By Michelle F.

How can i join?

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey".

By Lorain D.
See more answers (3)

Hi, Laura! Yes, we have many non-fiction reviews actually. You can see them at: https://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/?genre=24

See more answers (3)

It depends on the readers speed and accuracy, a book can be read in hours or days even weeks for others. After reading the reviewer might take a day or 2 if he or she is focused but a quick review can be done in minutes or an hour.

By chris m.