OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org

OnlineBookClub.org has a consumer rating of 4.82 stars from 196 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with OnlineBookClub.org most frequently mention gift card, daily giveaway and free books. OnlineBookClub.org ranks 1st among Books Other sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 95.5%

• Online Book Club is a great way to learn about new books and get a chance to review them.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate OnlineBookClub.org?

“Such a great site!”

Olivia B.
1/14/21

I inquired into purchasing a promotional package for my fiancé's new book as a birthday gift. Scott was absolutely fantastic and totally took care of me and helped with my situation. Other than being a great platform for free books and generating reviews, their customer service is top notch. Really grateful for these guys!

“Reviewers and Authors Beware!”

Renu G.
1/17/20

I discovered that OnlineBookClub is not a legitimate site. People are obsessed with nitpicking grammatical errors instead of focusing on the content.

book club (0)
oliviab223
January 14th, 2021

michellef699
December 4th, 2019

I have always loved reading and expressing my thoughts through writing. So when I discovered onlinebookclub.org, I was ecstatic about not just having access to more books to read, but also getting paid to review them. I have had a good experience so far, and to top that, I recently won the 'Book of the day' entry giveaway and the webmaster, Scot sent me a $20 Amazon giftcard as a reward. The website is legit and the giveaways are real. I implore anyone on the fence to come join us.

kathih33
December 28th, 2020

Nutmeg, by Katharin Ridgeway is a very laughable, loveable book filled with poignant drama. Though fiction, it depicts family life as it truly is.

tarah227
December 27th, 2020

Thanks to your service, this Christmas Holidays I will spend reading my favorite book. Which will make it much better.

jamesj1638
October 4th, 2020

This book was so great I was addicted to it by the first page I have read to many children's books to many children and found this book to be so encouraging. The fact that the author found a way to make Lisa feel good about who she was and still make it fun and heartfelt was a testament to how good of an author she is. I would recommend Finding Lisa to all girls and girls alike.

thomasn316
June 14th, 2020
Verified purchase

Mostly good. Things are sometimes slow to get done, like payments and editorial reviews. Trying to find things on the web page is often difficult, like contact information. The bookshelves are extremely hard to use, and quite tedious. I like the free books and I've found some good ones while reviewing. There are generally a lot of opportunities to choose from.

Reason I chose this business:

Maybe a reminder button? If I win BOTD but don't get paid after a certain amount of time, I'd like to just click one button instead of searching for someone to contact. Or, if I write a review but it hasn't been checked in 2 weeks, or it has been checked but I haven't gotten paid, I'd like the option of clicking something. That's how we do it to retort our progress for reviews, why not for the after parts, too?

oleksandral
May 9th, 2020

The Online Book Club is my favorite community of book readers so far! Readers can communicate and discuss books. I have already gotten many pieces of advice on what books to read next. Thank you for creating this portal for readers to find each other!

adami97
April 6th, 2020
Verified purchase

I love onlinebookclub.org! It's a place I feel like I can really get excited about books where other people understand.

thomasi123
March 27th, 2020
Verified purchase

Best hobby I ever had! I love it!

Reason I chose this business:

Quicker access to the best booksl

tamaras232
December 3rd, 2019

I recently joined OnlineBookClub.org and am learning to read for the purpose of writing accurate reviews. People here are helpful and the site is so easy to use I have no trouble navigating to where I need to be. The review system is foolproof and there are plenty of books to be reviewed. Today I received my first $10.00 from the daily giveaway. It was totally unexpected as I haven't been entering the giveaway for long. I recommend this site to anyone who loves books.

chrism1547
February 13th, 2020

As per now i am on my first book from the sight, which yes is not ideal to start reviewing the site, WELL all true but the site:
1.it is easily accessible.
2. organization of books is perfect.
3. suggestion of books at its best quality, which is really good for the reader.

donnag627
August 9th, 2020
lisad794
January 24th, 2020
Verified purchase

I've read so many interesting books because of this site. Making some money while doing something I love is an added bonus!

lindaf800
March 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

I enjoy reviewing these books. It gives me the opportunity to read genres that I wouldn't ordinarily read.

Reason I chose this business:

I can’t think of anything.

keam1
December 13th, 2020

Onlinebookclub.org is a STELLAR book promotion company! I used them for a "book of the day" promotion, and I am truly impressed by the way they treated my book as if it was their own book project! They have a very well-oiled social media team! With their collective efforts, my book rocketed to #1 in it's category on Amazon and even made it into the top 100 overall in Amazon's kindle store! With the "book of the day" promotion, I was hoping to have my book downloaded 200 times. So, I was utterly shocked by the fact that it was downloaded 1,267 times IN ONE DAY! I also use Onlinebookclub's daily social media post program and their team sends me a daily email to update me as to how and where they have posted about my book. They even customize each of their posts so that customers do not see the same repetitive blurbs. I am even able to email directly to my own personal promotion manager whenever I need changes or to update them about price promotions, etc. I have worked with other promotion companies in the past and they did not even come close to the detail and effort that Onlinebookclub puts into their promotions! The 2nd place promotion company was not even in the same galaxy! My book is in line for the "Book of the Month" promotion. There is a waiting list a year long to be book of the month! But now I understand why! People clearly know that the projects they've worked so hard on will be treated with kid gloves! With as much success as I've had with the book of the DAY promotion, I am soooo looking forward to my book being book of the MONTH. I have no doubt that Onlinebookclub will treat my book like gold all over again! I think it goes without saying that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company if you need your book promoted! I have much respect for Scott Hughes and his entire team at Onlinebookclub.org. He has built an AMAZING company!

maryp915
March 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

I love being able to read books and tell others my opinion. This is a great way to find out about new books and read reviews.

hazela31
August 10th, 2020

I was looking for a legit online paying website. And then i came across onlinebookclub.com, it is really good to know that this site is not just suitable for online job seeker but also to people who really loves reading. Thumbs up to this site and hope i can learn how to earn here by learning the navigation.

renug2
January 17th, 2020
• Updated review

Tip for consumers:
I was greatly mistaken when I joined the site as a reviewer. Later, I discovered that OnlineBookClub is not a legitimate site. Reviewers and authors are being exploited. The owner of the business refuses to pay almost 1000 dollars he owes me for reviewing books. He blamed me for mentioning in a review that the book seemed to be professionally edited when it was actually professionally edited! I have proofs regarding this issue and plan to post them when I have some time to do so.

Wonderful Club!
June 29th, 2019
• Previous review

This is a wonderful site and a great book club! I really enjoy reviewing books here. It is an ethical international community to interact with. One receives the payments as expected. I also won the giveaway for the Book of the Day contest and received an Amazon gift card.

I would love to be part of this group for the rest of my life along with my other activities and friendships.

maryz99
September 28th, 2019
janetn177
May 22nd, 2020
Verified purchase
• Updated review

I have had an amazing experience since I joined this site. Because of this site, p I have read more books unlike before.

Reason I chose this business:

It connects me to other readers and also, I get books to read whenever I want.

Reason I chose this product:

It's uniqueness and affordability.

I have had an amazing experience since I joined this...
May 15th, 2020
• Previous review

I have had an amazing experience since I joined this site. Because of this site, I read more books unlike before.

Reason I chose this business:

Maybe an app of it will be great.

amyg678
November 16th, 2020
Verified purchase

It's been a fun experience so far, and I've discovered some great books that I would never have read otherwise.

Reason I chose this business:

An app would be cool. The messaging feature could also be improved.

jamesd1634
April 21st, 2020
andrewn264
June 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase

This is a great platform for budding writers and reviewers. I have always received quick responses for my queries and the payments are quick as well.

Reason I chose this business:

More downloadable formats of books and/or more forms of payment

ins1
November 1st, 2019

This is the third time when I win a $20 Amazon Gift Card in the shuffle giveaway prize. Free books, great community, moral integrity, various reviews, plenty of books, Amazon Gift Cards, recreation and educative forums, amazing team, an incredible opportunity for readers, reviewers, and authors - all in one site, OnlineBookClub.org. Thank you, OBC!

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., Webmaster

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

Is it a scam?

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

See more answers (3)

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

See more answers (3)

The first thing you should do is go to the Review Team Page and sign up. Then browse the forums for welcomes and tips. Your first review will NOT be paid, but please do your best on it because it will make or break your experience.

By Chelsalina C.
See more answers (3)

The payment ranges from $5 to $60 per review. But the amount you are paid depends largely on your level.

By Michelle F.

How can i join?

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey".

By Lorain D.
See more answers (3)

Hi, Laura! Yes, we have many non-fiction reviews actually. You can see them at: https://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/?genre=24

See more answers (3)

It depends on the readers speed and accuracy, a book can be read in hours or days even weeks for others. After reading the reviewer might take a day or 2 if he or she is focused but a quick review can be done in minutes or an hour.

By chris m.
See more answers (2)

I think that this is a great way to get a book publicized and read by many online book club members, as many of them also will use social media to share the book. It is quite an amazing opportunity for authors, as well as book reviewers.

See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

OnlineBookClub.org is an awesome site for readers. We have international book discussions, virtual bookshelves to track what you have read, original book reviews and much more!

scotth138
Scott H.
Webmaster
Typically responds within 2 days
The most important thing to me is my two kids. I am a full-time dad.

I created OnlineBookClub.org over 12 years ago. I am very passionate about client satisfaction and making OnlineBookClub.org the best it can be. I work 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

There is a contact link on every page of OnlineBookClub.org, so if you ever have any trouble or questions at all, please contact me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnlineBookClub.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

4.8
Have a question about OnlineBookClub.org?