OnlineBookClub.org reviews

Manchester, CT, US

1 star

jocelyns20
2/19/19

I have been part of Online Book Club and it was a great experience to be able to read and review so many books. Being able to win in their giveaways is certainly an added treat!

marindah3
2/19/19

OnlineBookClub is a really awesome site. I get a lot of free books and I've won the 20.00 Amazon gift card several time, most recently two days ago.

linad18
2/12/19

I've been part of the OBC review team for a couple of months now. I absolutely love it! OBC respects its authors, reviewers and general readers. Plus it has daily $20 Amazon gift card giveaways. These are free to enter and totally legit. I recommend this site to all avid readers around the globe.

varzanc
2/12/19

I joined OnlineBookClub.org a few months ago not necessarily for the financial gain but because I was looking for good books to read and also people I could discuss them with. Needless to say, I found both at OnlineBookClub. Not only that but I also joined the review team and got the chance to be paid for my reviews. I appreciate the fact that they are very prompt with the payments. As a lower level, don't expect much money. As a level 1, for example, you will get 5$ per review. As your level increases so do the payments. I have to say, it's not easy to increase your level, you actually have to do a bit of work and be extremely active on the site. But at the same time, it's so fun. I love it!
A few days ago I had a very nice surprise: I won the daily giveaway!! Today I received my Amazon gift card so thank you OnlineBookClub!
My only complaint is that sometimes I feel that the percentage/mark given by the editors for a review is very subjective. Also, they do not clearly tell you what the mistake was. This can be frustrating especially if you really want to improve.
Having said that, OnlineBookClub is an excellent platform for readers with hundreds of good books, a great community and admins who, in my experience, do their job very well. I am over the moon for discovering this site!

sofiad31
1/27/19

I am from Portugal, and have signed up this website. It is true, I was the winner of the Amazon giveaway. So, we are talking about some serious website. Congrats!

timo82
1/25/19

For those who call themselves bibliophiles or just those looking for great books and a community to share their thoughts on a new book. Always worth looking at.

maryhelens
1/25/19

I've been a reviewer at onlinebookclub.org for about a year now. Everything is on the up and up so far. I've received the books and payments promised for giving my reviews, and twice I have been the recipient of the daily giveaway...today being one of those! I recommend the site to those who love to read all genres and are willing to write unbiased, comprehensive reviews. Excellent site! 5/5

kibeth
12/12/18

For the past 1 year I have on OBC, I have been able to read a lot of books, and review them. It is a website I came across during my hour of need when I needed some extra source of income. Down the line, I have never been disappointed. You should consider joining the wonderful team at OBC.

moddessere
12/8/18

This is completely a genuine website. I am a member since last 6 months. Go checkout the website and be a part of the club. Cheers!

shilpap5
11/24/18

Online book club is an amazing platform for reader, authors as well as reviewers. As a passionate reader I get an opportunity to read amazing books and also review them. Any queries or questions are promptly responded to and resolved. It's a great forum to grow and improve your writing skills as well.
I would also like to thank Scott for the $ 20 gift card in the giveaway.

victorias215
11/23/18

I have been reviewing for OnlineBookClub for a few months now. I have received $65 for my reviews and I recently won one of the daily drawings (a $20 Amazon gift card). At first, I was worried that it was too good to be true ("get paid $5-$60 per book review"), but after I received my first payment (and all other payments on time except one, which was then resolved), my concerns went away.

I would love to be a book reviewer as my main job, but I simply do not have the time to devote to it right now. It is a point-based system--the more points you have, the higher level you are, the more access you have to more books and higher paying reviews. Don't be fooled--it takes work to rise the ranks, including having access to social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and communicating with other reviewers to get more comments on your reviews. It isn't considered an easy job, if you want to make a career out of it, but it is a unique system to keep all of the reviews honest. Once you've done the work to get your points, it is quite easy to maintain.

I recommend setting up an account with Grammarly to make sure there are no grammar errors--they do deduct points from each review for such mistakes. Luckily, only the 30 most recent reviews count towards your score, so if you have low scores in the beginning, you can get them replaced.

I only have one complaint. Reviewers are instructed to give short private blurbs to prove that they read the entire book, but authors do not understand that blurbs are not complete reviews. When a dispute happens, the author automatically wins and the reviewer is deducted 20 points. Luckily, there are plenty of users that offer advice on preventing future disputes and are willing to help you get a higher rating.

Overall, I enjoy the many books I've read for free with OBC. I have exceeded my reading goal for the year and didn't have to pay for a good portion of the books because a free copy of the book is often the payment, with the monetary payment listed as a bonus. I like the community and exposure to books I otherwise would not have heard of, much less read.

karal25
11/21/18

I have used OnlineBookClub.org for many years, and have also won several of the daily giveaways! I love OnlineBookClub.org for the awesome book reviews, written by several different members. I also see several happy authors tweeting about how great this community is!

johng1300
11/18/18

Online Book club, OnlineBookClub.org, is a great site to discover new authors and books and meet people who love to talk about books, reading, and writing. I have found some great books and have improved my writing from feedback on my reviews.

andreaf119
11/11/18

I'm so incredibly glad I found Online Book Club. I get the chance to know new authors and books that, otherwise, wouldn't be in my radar and to get a little compensation for reviewing them. The growing opportunities are real, I've worked myself up to level 3 in a few months. The giveaways are amazing and I've won two Amazon gift cards by now. Scott, the moderators, and all the members create are a supporting, committed and respectful community of readers. I highly recommend it!

justine63
11/11/18

Has a lot of cool features, a bit more reliable to discuss books here than with friends in real life simply because there is always someone to talk with.

vickien13
11/9/18

Onlinebookclub.org was, is, and will always be one proof to me that dreams come true. I've always fantasized about my dream job: read a book and get paid for it! I shook it off ruefully as wistful thinking while OBC must have giggled at my ignorance regarding its existence. Everyday, I'm thankful for June 30, 2017 when I stumbled across this site and changed my life.

Why so sentimental?

OBC is a free club to join, but you earn lots due to the generosity of the webmaster, Scott. At the time of this review, I won, yet again, a Book of the Day Giveaway. Don't even get me started on the other rewards for being a consistent member -- twitter, first ten, BOTM monthly discussions -- or the actual earnings from being a book reviewer. Even after a year, it's still too good to be true. What about authors? The exposure and subsequent financial benefits they get from having reviews published by topnotch OBC reviewers is second to none. A win-win for all involved. Waste no time, authors and bookworms. Join onlinebookclub.org today!

aang
11/6/18

I've been a member of this club for around a year already and was so happy I found this. Not only can I get books for Free or at a discount, I get paid monthly just by promoting the book. I haven't tried reviewing a book yet but will start soon. I'm excited already. Its also cool to be connected to authors!

shasf
11/5/18

OnlineBookClub.org is an affordable platform for first-time authors to stir awareness of their books and get their titles out there in the market. It provides an opportunity and the much-needed push for new authors in a very crowded publishing industry. It is open to a wide range of books which are fun, entertaining, informative and helpful, especially books that promote positive values, thoughts and actions. Like all businesses, the platform can still be improved further. But its growth over the years attests to its viability as a promotional platform for new authors. I hope it gets to help more authors and gets to address whatever challenges it faces in expanding its reach and influence.

dorcasc1
11/4/18

Unless you join Obc you will never understand the goodness it behold. I have had a beautiful experience since I joined and have no regrets

rebeccahg1
10/31/18

Great book review site. There are numerous books to enjoy and the site is a treasure trove with numerous rewards.

kingsleym1
10/8/18

At first glance I thought online book club was one of those fake website but I was wrong. I came to discover that online book club is a great site for scholars to share and gain more ideas and to be come good professionals in their. I will be great as far as this online book club is concern.

cindya101
7/29/18

Onlinebookclub is the best book club around. You not only get high quality books for free, but the payments you receive for quality reviews are always forthcoming. I would highly recommend them to anyone who loves to read and write!

christinep186
7/27/18

Theres never a dull moment with so many books to read for free or discounted prices. Its so awesome to be a part of the review team so authors and other reviewers can all help one another. Its a wonderful experience, and Scott Hughes and all who run it are such great people.

lizzi
6/2/18

Wonderful to read and learn from various books to enhance my knowledge on the new trends.looking forward to be the best reader.

stephaniep114
12/29/17

I've participated in this club since April 2017, and I have loved it! The prizes and pay for reviews are real. I have one the random drawing once, and the prize for most carryover entries twice. I have also received my Twitter Retweet Rewards when I earn them and have received my payment for paid book reviews.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

By Scott H., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hi Angela, you can submit your book for review on our website. We have four different packages to choose from, each cost a different price. Go to https://onlinebookclub.org/submit-book.php

By Sarah S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Yes, please submit your book for review at https://onlinebookclub.org/submit-book.php

By Sarah S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hello, please log into onlinebookclub.org and join the Review Team from there. There are steps to take to becoming a reviewer.

By Monica S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hello, do you remember where you found this book review? If it was done by Onlinebookclub.org, you can search for the book title through our website and see the reviews there.

By Monica S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Are you currently a member of our Review Team? The information is in our website at onlinebookclub.org

By Monica S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hi Heidi, are you an author? Or do you wish to become a reviewer for our site?

By Monica S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative

Hi Marietta, my apologies. Can you please verify what email address you're sending to?

By Sarah S., OnlineBookClub.org Representative
Questions? Get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

6 Photos for OnlineBookClub.org