OnlineBookClub.org reviews

Contact OnlineBookClub.org -- We are happy to help
Contact Us

timt190
4/7/19

I have joined up with Online Book Club just over a year ago. Not only was I able to take part in the daily competition where you can either receive a free book to download, or a book at a substantial discount, but you can also win a prize of $10.00, or double, if you have posted ten or more comments on their site. You can also sign up as a book reviewer and receive free books to review. As you write these reviews and gain experience you will start earning money for them as well, starting from $5.00 per review, to up to as much as $60.00. I personally have earned many payments of $5.00 and even received payment of $15.00 for a recent book that I reviewed. I was also an unexpected winner of their daily competition, and have received the prize of $20.00. For book lovers this club is a must. For those of you willing to write reviews this is a paying opportunity, but bear in mind, the standards are fairly strict regarding punctuation, grammar and spelling. But if you enjoy reading and doing a bit of writing, it is definitely worthwhile. Joining OnlineBookclub has certainly been one of the best decisions that I have made online, so far, and I really recommend it.

sharmilam1
4/4/19

I love the activities on the Online Book Club. I love the kind of books I get exposure to. I enjoy reading and reviewing them. I love the daily give away contest and other contests held by the OBC team. I am thrilled to be the winner of the daily give away. Thank you, Scott and team, for the $20 Amazon gift card that I received in my mailbox. Thanks, Sharmila.

cmb5
3/29/19

It's a great club for every level reader and every writer. It helps keep track of books, too. Excellent site and work put forth.

miriamm58
3/29/19

I joined OBC in May of 2017. Since then, I have won the $20-Amazon GC eleven times. I have received hundreds of free books through the daily giveaways and have earned a reasonable sum for reviewing books of my choice from the wide selection offered. Most of the books available from the site are written by new authors, but you will be surprised that there are a number of good ones.

Scott, the webmaster, is easy to talk to. Which website doesn't have glitches now and then? Scott addresses the issues in no time at all. He is also proactive in instituting changes for the better.

When I joined, we were 150,000-member strong. We now have over a million members. Let the figures talk.

epj
3/29/19

This site has helped me so much during my unemployed days and satisfying my writing and reading hobby. Their giveaways are real, and I've been here for almost 2 years now and I still get paid and win giveaways! :)

mckadeed
3/23/19

Online Book Club has been great to review for! I get paid quickly, the guidelines are straightforward, and giveaways are happening all the time. I just won one so I can contest that the are for real!

deborahb387
3/12/19

I just won one of the drawings. I get paid on time for the reviews I turn in. The books are usually well written.

aliciaa78
3/11/19

If you're looking to earn a little extra cash I highly recommend onlinebookclub.org, where you can get paid to write reviews. There is also a daily giveaway that awards Amazon gift cards, so be sure to check it out!

charmainer10
3/7/19

My experience with the Online Book Club has been really exceptional and quite enjoyable! Very interesting books to sample read. I must say though that my overall reading experience has been great, and the selection of books offered is quite diverse. Such an array of books to choose from, of which I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Thanks. Definitely a five star rating! Thank You, again, for awakening in me, the joy of reading! Love the contests and free prizes, too. Bravo!!

ameliag53
3/5/19

This site absolutely does what it says. If you invest your time, you can read some great books for free while meeting some wonderful book-lovers. If you join the review team and follow instructions, you absolutely can access the benefits promised (including financial benefits). I made $50 reviewing books in February and I enjoyed it! I also was lucky enough to win one of their $20 Amazon daily drawings on top of that. None of these financial benefits were offered in exchange for this review, which was freely and voluntarily given with absolutely no incentives of any kind. The site isn't easy or intuitive to use, however, so it takes time, trial and error, and a little bit of resilience to get to the best parts of the site as well as to begin earning those financial benefits. It's enjoyable enough to be worth it for me, and I would encourage those interested to check it out.

janeandjerryc
2/28/19

WOW just checking my easily mail and find a gift card waiting for me from Scott at Amazon and it couldn't come at a better time. This site is awesome and easy to manage and if you haven't checked it out yet come on over you too could be the next winner of a $10 gift card or something else

libbyr9
2/23/19

Guys, you are awesome! It's really useful site and I recommended it for all my friends. As for me you deserve 5+ points

jocelyns20
2/19/19

I have been part of Online Book Club and it was a great experience to be able to read and review so many books. Being able to win in their giveaways is certainly an added treat!

marindah3
2/19/19

This site is awesome. I've won several 20 Amazon gift cards and enjoy getting daily book recommendations.

linad18
2/12/19

I've been part of the OBC review team for a couple of months now. I absolutely love it! OBC respects its authors, reviewers and general readers. Plus it has daily $20 Amazon gift card giveaways. These are free to enter and totally legit. I recommend this site to all avid readers around the globe.

varzanc
2/12/19

I joined OnlineBookClub.org a few months ago not necessarily for the financial gain but because I was looking for good books to read and also people I could discuss them with. Needless to say, I found both at OnlineBookClub. Not only that but I also joined the review team and got the chance to be paid for my reviews. I appreciate the fact that they are very prompt with the payments. As a lower level, don't expect much money. As a level 1, for example, you will get 5$ per review. As your level increases so do the payments. I have to say, it's not easy to increase your level, you actually have to do a bit of work and be extremely active on the site. But at the same time, it's so fun. I love it!
A few days ago I had a very nice surprise: I won the daily giveaway!! Today I received my Amazon gift card so thank you OnlineBookClub!
My only complaint is that sometimes I feel that the percentage/mark given by the editors for a review is very subjective. Also, they do not clearly tell you what the mistake was. This can be frustrating especially if you really want to improve.
Having said that, OnlineBookClub is an excellent platform for readers with hundreds of good books, a great community and admins who, in my experience, do their job very well. I am over the moon for discovering this site!

sofiad31
1/27/19

I am from Portugal, and have signed up this website. It is true, I was the winner of the Amazon giveaway. So, we are talking about some serious website. Congrats!

timo82
1/25/19

While you can always fish around online to find your next book, OnlineBookClub.org brings the books to you and other avid readers like you. It is worth a look for those that are always looking for a great book.

maryhelens
1/25/19

I've been a reviewer at onlinebookclub.org for about a year now. Everything is on the up and up so far. I've received the books and payments promised for giving my reviews, and twice I have been the recipient of the daily giveaway...today being one of those! I recommend the site to those who love to read all genres and are willing to write unbiased, comprehensive reviews. Excellent site! 5/5

kibeth
12/12/18

OBC is one website that actually promises and delivers. You may have given up after looking up on some many others because they did not deliver. Online Book Club is where I get to read books, earn from reading, and win amazing gifts such as from the daily give-aways which are free.

moddessere
12/8/18

This is completely a genuine website. I am a member since last 6 months. Go checkout the website and be a part of the club. Cheers!

shilpap5
11/24/18

Online book club is an amazing platform for reader, authors as well as reviewers. As a passionate reader I get an opportunity to read amazing books and also review them. Any queries or questions are promptly responded to and resolved. It's a great forum to grow and improve your writing skills as well.
I would also like to thank Scott for the $ 20 gift card in the giveaway.

victorias215
11/23/18

I have been reviewing for OnlineBookClub for a few months now. I have received $65 for my reviews and I recently won one of the daily drawings (a $20 Amazon gift card). At first, I was worried that it was too good to be true ("get paid $5-$60 per book review"), but after I received my first payment (and all other payments on time except one, which was then resolved), my concerns went away.

I would love to be a book reviewer as my main job, but I simply do not have the time to devote to it right now. It is a point-based system--the more points you have, the higher level you are, the more access you have to more books and higher paying reviews. Don't be fooled--it takes work to rise the ranks, including having access to social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and communicating with other reviewers to get more comments on your reviews. It isn't considered an easy job, if you want to make a career out of it, but it is a unique system to keep all of the reviews honest. Once you've done the work to get your points, it is quite easy to maintain.

I recommend setting up an account with Grammarly to make sure there are no grammar errors--they do deduct points from each review for such mistakes. Luckily, only the 30 most recent reviews count towards your score, so if you have low scores in the beginning, you can get them replaced.

I only have one complaint. Reviewers are instructed to give short private blurbs to prove that they read the entire book, but authors do not understand that blurbs are not complete reviews. When a dispute happens, the author automatically wins and the reviewer is deducted 20 points. Luckily, there are plenty of users that offer advice on preventing future disputes and are willing to help you get a higher rating.

Overall, I enjoy the many books I've read for free with OBC. I have exceeded my reading goal for the year and didn't have to pay for a good portion of the books because a free copy of the book is often the payment, with the monetary payment listed as a bonus. I like the community and exposure to books I otherwise would not have heard of, much less read.

karal25
11/21/18

I have used OnlineBookClub.org for many years, and have also won several of the daily giveaways! I love OnlineBookClub.org for the awesome book reviews, written by several different members. I also see several happy authors tweeting about how great this community is!

johng1300
11/18/18

Online Book club, OnlineBookClub.org, is a great site to discover new authors and books and meet people who love to talk about books, reading, and writing. I have found some great books and have improved my writing from feedback on my reviews.

Hi, Bruce, You can sign up as a reviewer at: https://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php Thank you, Scott

By Scott H., OBC Marketing Services Representative

Hi, Carol, there is a contact link on every page of the website. Here is the direct link to the contact page: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact.php

By Scott H., OBC Marketing Services Representative

No, it is not a scam. It is a real way for authors to get their book read, reviewed, shared, and publicized. It is also a real way for people to get paid to do book reviews and to earn/win some Amazon gift cards legitimately.

By Sara G.

If you write a book review for onlinebookclub.org, you must follow their guidelines. Some of them are writing a short summary, answering - What did you best like/least like about the book and why? - rating the book, etc. Each review is checked for grammar and if it followed the guidelines by an editor, and then it will be published, and the reviewer is awarded points and paid. Each review must be at least 400 words. Look on the website under guidelines to get all of the requirements for writing reviews.

By Sara G.

As a reviewer. I'm not looking to make a fortune but if it works out then I won't need to find a part time job. I'm interested in good books not "50 shades of grey" .

By Lorain D.

I think that this is a great way to get a book publicized and read by many online book club members, as many of them also will use social media to share the book. It is quite an amazing opportunity for authors, as well as book reviewers.

By Sara G.

Marietta, did you get this worked out on your review count? I am shopping for a service like this and your question you posted has me pausing. Thanks!

By Marina C.

A lot of people read book reviews. I have seen thousands of comments under one review.

By Susmita R.

You sign up online and start reading and reviewing books. Be sure to read the guidelines and rules. The first book review will be unpaid.

By Sara G.

A book reviewer starts out about $5.00 for a review after doing one free review to show that you can follow the guidelines. As you do more and get on higher levels, there will be higher paid book reviews offered to you. The paid reviews are from $5.00 to $55 on the average. There have been a few higher-paid ones if you are on level six and choose those. Most of the books are ebooks through Kindle Amazon. Some are paperbacks that you get to keep.

By Sara G.
Questions? Get answers from the OnlineBookClub.org staff and other customers.

18 Photos for OnlineBookClub.org