Review of NifeIsLife

Tel: +44 020 8961 0210
info@nifeislife.com

eliov3
3/21/18

Several failed deliveries and very impolite customer service, promise to deliver but nothing! Stay away from this company.

robertaz2
2/7/18

very good Italian food
I personally suggest you vegetables meat cheese
Pasta
I really suggest to very Italian people

francescor12
9/25/17

I should have read the previous reviews: no delivery and, most annoyingly, no full refund! What a shamble, avoid at all costs.

Tip for consumers: Avoid it

milisah
6/6/17

I ordered something. They put on my bill but they didn't give me so I called them they said they will money back my account.

lionelc22
5/2/17

One failed delivery with a non-existent DHL tracking code, a promise to deliver today before noon, nothing. Try calling them they don't answer. They describe themselves on their facebook page as : 'Speciality food shop in London, United Kingdom' I would add 'That take your money but just never deliver' avoid at all cost, cheaper and far less aggravation to Easyjet to Italy and bring it back yourself!

seanc85
3/12/17

We recently bought a pizza oven, and we've excitedly looked for the most authentic Italian ingredients. A friend recommended a certain brand of tomatoes, and we stumbled upon this site while searching. We bought all of our ingredients from here, and are absolutely delighted with the goods and the service - our good were delivered on a Sunday morning. They also put a free pack of Italian nougat in the box.

One slight concern was the 4 packs of Buffalo Mozzarella only has 4 days until it expires. I guess an excuse to have pizza during the week too :)

ls118
9/22/16

For years, Nifeislife delivered quality food and superb delivery. That all changed this past year. The first order that I placed this year did not arrive on the specified date. I telephoned repeatedly but anytime that the phone was answered, they hung up before I could say anything- many times I could hear them laughing. The order came three days later and I refused it. Within an hour, they called me and I explained I did not want rotten food. They did give me my money back. I decided to give them another chance as they had been great in the past. That order was delivered without any problems. So I ordered last week and the order came on time but they had placed the figs outside of the cooler and they were smashed. The cooler had only two tiny bags of coolant and they were warm so all of the food was hot. The lettuce was black and slimy. I sent pictures and many emails and they have not replied. I wasn't sure if the meats and cheeses were safe to eat as they were not cold. The order was a loss. I won't be ordering from them again as they cannot be bothered to reply to my emails or answer their phone calls.

adelew3
9/19/16

I have shopped with Nife is Life a few times now.
I am Italian and most of their products are good and those you would find in Italy.
However, some products are bad quality, for example Borgo Fiorito lentils, I was expecting to get good quality Italian lentils produced in Italy. Instead I found that Borgo Fiorito lentils are product of the USA and only packed in Italy (funnily enough in a non lentil producing area ie. Salerno. Another bad quality product is the mixed candied fruit, canditi misti, I would expect to find candied citron, which is the product Italians typically use.
Check the products and their origin carefully.

louiser38
6/11/16

Good choice and price but sad to see a lot of products not in stock? My order was delivered a day late also - will try again to get the things I wanted.

ch12575
6/21/15

I ordered around £75 worth of groceries from their website. After waiting nine hours for the delivery - I phoned to ask what went wrong (no answer). I then sent two emails asking for a redelivery - no response. I've left a message on their website. It has now been four days and I've not received my groceries, my money back or any apology/explanation. This is beyond poor customer service. Given the amount of money, I am considering legal action.

Tip for consumers: avoid!

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
Dear C H.
First of all apologies, we hadn't received notice of this complaint last June. We are sorry you have had a dreadful experience: we return ALL calls from Customers and emails sent to info@nifeislife.com. We are a well-established company, I am surprised nobody has gone back to you with a refund suggestion, it's unacceptable. Happy to resolve if you give us an order number, we'll obviously find a way to compensate. It's absurd to us too.
regards
The Nifeislife Team
giovannip6
3/26/15

I recently discovered an Italian food delivery service that tends to be more efficient than the average Tescos or Sainsburys. Good value for money and an exceptional selection of Italian products, perfect to throw a dinner with friends and show them what Italian food is really about. Could profit from a larger selection of products, especially on the "branded" side, outside the London central area.

Tip for consumers: Ordered the day before and the courier delivered an immaculate and well wrapped box. I believe they deliver same day with their own transportation means around London

milanesel
2/22/15

Exceptional range of Italian product and same day delivery! Wow!

lorab6
12/4/14

Deliver arrive wrong day and since nobody was home was left in the rubbish bin with other of our rubbish bags inside!!! Was a total shock. After complain I was told in uk is quite normal but they would redeliver the day I was suppose to receive it in the first place.
delivery arrived with a bottle of ferrarelle leaking and a case of panna water missing also marron glace missing.
i was reassured to get a refund of the missing item but received only 5.13£ instead of nearly 20£ :(
waste of time amd energy sending emails amd calling.
very disapponting after having paid 10pound of delivery plus quite pricey italian products.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
Dear Lora, we are very surprised to hear about your experience. I think something went wrong in the process. Would you mind giving us your order reference and we will look into it. Nobody is perfect, but if something went wrong in the delivery you definitely should have received a full refund. I'll talk to customer service in case they can trace back your order, but a name or reference would definitely do the trick. Free panettone next time. On us, of course. Apologies for your experience again. The Nifeislife team.
gabriellap2
11/14/14

Very bad customer service. To get refunded of a missing item I had to call them. They don`t answer emails! I wouldn`t recommend them.

Tip for consumers: don`t buy from them

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
We are very sorry this happened to you Gabriella. We have looked at your case. It is usually the case that when an item is out of stock or missing we don't charge for it in the first place. Yours has been an obvious packing mistake. Our mistake. We strongly apologize for what happened to you and we would like to extend you a voucher for your next purchase if you wish to give us another try. Apologies again. The Nifeislife team.
juliep18
1/6/14

Instead of the usual gifts, this year I decided to send a box full of Italian goodies to my father and my Aunt. I opted for nifeislife as I had used this website previously when my son was at university in the UK (I live in Italy). My father and aunt were absolutely thrilled with the gifts and were particularly amazed with quality of the packaging (didn't quite understand their explanation, but the fresh goods were appararently 'encased' in some sort of customised ice packs...). Quality of goods also excellent. Prices of fresh goods are more or less the same as what I would pay in Italy (paid around £21 for 1kg of parmesan cheese matured 24 months). Wine and spirits much more expensive than Italy, but that's probably UK tax. They even called me in Italy to double check my aunt's address before delivery. Excellent service all round. I will definitely continue to use this company.

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
Thank you Julie and looking forward to working with you too! We have a newsletter with our offers, our facebook page, twitter etc is up to date! And new products are on the way!
giug1
11/25/13

It feels like being in Italy!
Finally a place where I can order proper Italian fresh products!
The service is great and quality outstanding. Try the mozzarella, it is their masterpiece

lillym6
11/25/13

I am always very disappointed to see that people do not value a website for what it is. In the case of Nifeislife the selection of Italian fresh products and brands is incredible. They hold all the most popular stuff I used to buy in Italy and they also have fresh stuff which is sometimes better (mozzarella, truffles etc). I have tried calling them and they were superefficient. Their delivery in London is so prompt. I have a friend who lives in Cambridge who uses them with a courier, but then the responsibility is with the courier not with the company. I love them.

niclad
7/20/12

Very bad customer service, I will never shop from them again. First, I had to chase them to give me a delivery date. Then, they only delivered half of what they should have delivered. I will never use them again. Also the assortment is very low. Please avoid

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
Hi Nicla. This is very surprising. We are sorry for your experience. We have just seen this review. We have improved our service over 2013 and we hope things will be better.
marcod
2/23/10

I used to shop with these before i found www.theitaliandeli.co.uk and the issues i have which is why i found another supplier are; many items are always sold out, limited range and lots of price increases. i would not recommend them but a few years ago i would of.

Response from Alessandra M., NifeIsLife Representative
Dear Marco, you should try us out now!

Questions? Get answers from the NifeIsLife staff and other customers.

NifeIsLife?