NeoSmart

NeoSmart has a consumer rating of 1.62 stars from 21 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. NeoSmart ranks 54th among Downloads sites.

How would you rate NeoSmart?

“Professional Team, Professional Customer Service”

Amer M.
8/20/18

Initially worked with this team to recover a corrupt Windows 8 machine. Over a week, the team explored every possible option to recover the device. Unfortunately, we were unable to recover the data given the unique corruption on the hard drive, which was followed-up by a prompt refund. I risked nothing by working with NeoSmart, and am pleased with their professionalism.

“Neosmart A Fraud”

Trybal V.
7/7/20

DO NOT buy Neosmart products. The company is a fraud and will not refund your money. What they offer, if you act from another computer, you can restore your system. This problem has damn near 20 steps that you have tp take to even get it to work. The customer service is $#*! and refers you to their webpage with all of the steps that DO NOT work. Again, DO NOT buy NEoSmart Easy Recovery. The company and product is $#*!!

trybalv
July 7th, 2020

michaelr2650
November 3rd, 2020

The product doesn't work or at least it didn't for me. They responded once when I had a problem with it and suggested a solution which didn't work. After that, I never heard back from them. It's a waste of money.

amerm2
August 20th, 2018

davek361
September 11th, 2020

I have purchased the Pro version of EasyRE for Windows 7 twice. Should I say I thought I purchased them. It seems that I only "rented" them because what their website sales copy doesn't mention is it stops working after a time, so you have to re-buy it again. Now I would be fine if you got a warning message saying "This software may no longer be up-to-date, so use at your own risk" but it instead refuses to do anything. So you are held to ransom. Okay if you are in a last ditch situation with a PC (and it hasn't expired) I will admit it is pretty good and it can save you from the brink of disaster, but its nearly $40 each time. I purchased the pro version first in 2017 and again in 2019 as there has been lots of Windows changes from 2017 to 2019 I thought fair enough, but there have not been significant changes from 2019 to 2020 Windows 7 is no longer supported. So it has nothing to do with changes in the OS the software has got a built in expiry. I bought the second copy in March 2019 it stopped working for me in August 2019. Neosmart should be up front and admit that you can only use their software it for a limited time. I've been having problems on an old computer, so I contacted them a few days ago asking for a download link as mine had stopped working. They said "Unfortunately we are unable to provide new download links as it has been a considerable amount of time since the original purchase. Although Windows 7 might not have had significant changes, the newer versions of EasyRE have been released and unfortunately your original purchase does not cover upgrades to EasyRE past the one year mark. If a new version of EasyRE is released within a short period of time from your original purchase, we can sometimes make an exception to this rule, but given the amount of time that has elapsed that will not be possible." They offered me 10% off the "Home" version which isn't what I want, so I sent the following, now they have stopped replying "Thanks for your prompt reply.
So you won't provide a new downlink for "EasyRE Professional Windows 7", in that case can you please provide me with an unlock code, so that the version I have will still operate?
It's holding a purchaser to ransom that the version stops doing anything because time has elapsed.
You are deliberately building in an expiry in to the tool.
That's like me buying Microsoft office and then Word stops working because a new version of office has come out. I purchased EasyRE Pro for Windows 7 in 2017, then I have to buy it again in 2019 (again for Windows 7).
So really we (your customers) are not really buying your software, you are just renting it out for a limited period. It doesn't say that on your website sales copy.
If you buy a "Professional" version (as I did) I find this very misleading.
I'm afraid 10% off the "home" edition is not really going to cut it. How long does the software work for, is it 3 months, 6 months?
It's a shame this is your business model, because it is a good tool.

I can see why there are a lot of negative reviews are on SiteJabber.com

Dave

kerryw63
September 7th, 2020

I purchased this to recover an laptop that I could leave with family in a nursing home. Has not worked after following all of the "canned" email solutions. After sending muliple messsges with exact diagnostic error messages, I can't even get a response.
My recommendation is to save your money and frustation. DON"T BUY THIS PRODUCT

kamilb19
November 17th, 2018

Sadly it didnt work, but I got refund without problems after explaining what I did and providing photos.

anthonyn413
April 7th, 2021

Does nothing as advertised. Big waste of time and money. The so called support takes a week to reply, Then it's only to tell you to try something you've already did.

Tip for consumers:
Do not purchase anything.

Products used:
EasyRe essentials Technician Pro.

frankc902
September 15th, 2020

Neosmart is a completely fraudulent company. The will promise you in their numerous support files and their advertising that their software can fix your issues. I my case their software did nothing so I contacted technical support and they refused to help me saying they have no record of my purchase. I provided them all of the details including my credit card statement but they still refused. If you notice there is no office or address on their website. There is only a helpline phone number which informs you to contact them at the same web address as the technical support. You can not talk with anyone. I suspect the sales support and the tech support are the same employees. This is a scam. They know that your credit card company will void the payment. And being the amount is small no one will come after them.

rickc215
February 22nd, 2019

After I downloaded and copied file to usb as per web site directions, it did not work. After reading tech support notes and burn it to cd at 1x speed it worked.

artya3
June 26th, 2020

Corruted win 7 boot manager, had to format disk and reinstall windows to use system after installing this $#*!

robertn1077
April 22nd, 2021

I had been using EasyBCD to dual boot my computer with two hard drives. Suddenly my computer would not boot up. I purchased the Easy Recovery Essentials from Neosmart to repair my computer. Their online ad stated it would repair my computer "Guaranteed". They sent me a download to burn an Easy RE disc. I burned the disc according to their instructions but it would not boot my computer. I emailed them and they sent me the same instructions to burn the Easy RE disc. I have emailed them over 10 times and burned over 5 discs but my computer will not boot. Neosmart only responded a couple times then quit responding to my emails. I requested a refund since it did not work and they had stated it was guaranteed. It's been over two weeks and they will not respond and no refund has been issued. I had to erase my hard drive and reinstall windows in order to get my computer to boot. No thanks to Neosmart. I believe they are a FRAUD and should not be trusted! Don't waste your time and money.

jeffw682
September 14th, 2020

I emailed the below statement to the provided email from NeosSmart within 3 hours of purchasing the product listed below as I had issues. My understanding was the it was only active for 48 hours. 24 hours later I have received no response on my email. I strongly suggest you DO NOT PURCHASE anything from them. If they do

"I purchased and downloaded Easy RE for Windows 8 with the intent of repairing error code Oxc0000225. Then I downloaded Easy USB Creator in order to create a bootable USB Stick. I ran the Creator and when I clicked on the... as instructed, there was no list of ISO's to choose from. I cannot proceed beyond this point and I am not very happy at the moment. I have been trying to figure this out for over an hour. I need some assistance on this or a refund."

Jeff Williams

williamf150
February 13th, 2018

It's February 12,2018 and I had to take the chance at purchasing and downloading and using it on a Windows 7 machine.

Basically what happened is the power supplied died right while windows was doing something... and when the power supply was replaced and we powered everything up... It just kept doing the windows infinite loop.

It just wouldn't stop:(

I tried everything I could find on google and the other forums. And no luck.

I burned the iso to a cd started it up. Waited and waited for it to get the screen to where I scanned and tested the memory... and voila... windows came back!

I was THIS close to going through and having to reinstall windows over itself and then trying to remember what code was where and etc.

I'm happy for paying $20. I know others have had bad experiences... and I was dreading that if it did happen... but I would have at least been out $20.

I'm glad I did it and it worked.

Cheers everyone! Time to go check everything out and make another disk backup!

William - KS

dexterc28
November 22nd, 2019

I Don't Even Think These MF'S In USA.
I Will Find Away To $#*! Up Your Ducked Up Website You $#*!s...

danielr660
October 17th, 2019

I bought their Windows 7 Recovery Disc and followed all their instructions in making a bootable usb. Nothing worked! Waste of money I ended up getting an original Windows 7 recovery ISO. They ignore my emails about a refund. Please complain this business.

giusepped23
July 16th, 2019

I bought their software to fix an issue with starting Windows 10 on my Laptop. I contacted the customer service because I was not able to start their software from USB pen. They provided me a generic solution, which did not work. I contacted them again, explaining more in detail the issue and attaching multiple pictures of the error and steps to reproduce it. Then one month of silence, no replies. Contacting them again they provided a link to download the software for Windows 8 64 bit, no sense reply, not related to my issue, also because I have windows 10! After complaining again, they told me to send Windows product key sticker so that they can provide original Windows CD. To recap, from one issue they provided no sense solutions. At the end I fixed the issue myself after 3 months of e-mails. Wasted money.

mr264
February 25th, 2019

Do NOT buy a product from NeoSmart. As you'll probably guess from the lack of contact information other than email in their website, their customer support is absolutely abysmal and they probably will not issue a refund unless you go quite a length.

georgew238
June 29th, 2018

Trying to solve a problem on my Sony Vaios laptop, I I purchase the "WINDOWS 7 RECOVERY DISC" ( $ 19.75). Thear download link did't
Work. Try to get in touch with them, No way, the phone *******828 sound busy all the time and *******568 basically is a voice recording directing to
White a Email o let the personal info (I did) Never got an answer... Sound like a regular Scam...! I ask for refund!

rolandos12
December 1st, 2018

Did as I was asked and it did not fix my issue. Tried to contact them for assurance and got nowhere fast. Don't do it!

rogerp19
September 24th, 2014

I was facing problems with my ASUS bootbehaviour. I downloaded a tool of Neosmart to set the boot options. This failed. So they had a Windows 8 recovery tool, as an image. I paid 20 dollar, I had to have something. The (fake?) reviews on their site promised a lot. It was not possible burn the iso on a USB, as it would be possible according to the description on the site. They advise a tool called ImgBurn, which appaered to put a lot of trash on my (other) PC. Then it did not work either. So it feels like I am cheated by them. There are more signs that it looks like crappy business (for example other support email domains than neosmart, other sales, difficult to reach, extreme possitive reviews). Now I go and try to get my money back...

gemmam2
August 28th, 2011

They provide downloads for recovery of Windows Vista, The file didnt download properly and they refused to give me a refund! I wasnt the only one with a problem either, as i read on their site alot of people unhappy as they hadnt recieved the link to download and had paid for it!

Questions? Get answers from the NeoSmart staff and other customers.

Proud makers of quality free software since 2004.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NeoSmart?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.6
Have a question about NeoSmart?