NeoSmart

NeoSmart has a consumer rating of 1.93 stars from 14 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. NeoSmart also ranks 40th among Downloads sites. The most common issues with NeoSmart are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate NeoSmart?

“Professional Team, Professional Customer Service”

Amer M.
8/20/18

Initially worked with this team to recover a corrupt Windows 8 machine. Over a week, the team explored every possible option to recover the device. Unfortunately, we were unable to recover the data given the unique corruption on the hard drive, which was followed-up by a prompt refund. I risked nothing by working with NeoSmart, and am pleased with their professionalism.

“Neosmart A Fraud”

Trybal V.
7/7/20

DO NOT buy Neosmart products. The company is a fraud and will not refund your money. What they offer, if you act from another computer, you can restore your system. This problem has damn near 20 steps that you have tp take to even get it to work. The customer service is shit and refers you to their webpage with all of the steps that DO NOT work. Again, DO NOT buy NEoSmart Easy Recovery. The company and product is shit!

trybalv
July 7th, 2020
DO NOT buy Neosmart products. The company is a fraud and will not refund your money. What they offer, if you act from another computer, you can restore your system. This problem has damn near 20 steps that you have tp take to even get it to work. The customer service is $#*! and refers you to their webpage with all of the steps that DO NOT work. Again, DO NOT buy NEoSmart Easy Recovery. The company and product is $#*!!
artya3
June 26th, 2020
corruted win 7 boot manager,had to format disk and reinstall windows to use system after installing this $#*!
dexterc28
November 22nd, 2019
I Don't Even Think These MF'S In USA.
I Will Find Away To $#*! Up Your Ducked Up Website You $#*!s......................

.............................
kamilb19
November 17th, 2018
Sadly it didnt work, but I got refund without problems after explaining what I did and providing photos.
amerm2
August 20th, 2018

danielr660
October 17th, 2019
I bought their Windows 7 Recovery Disc and followed all their instructions in making a bootable usb. Nothing worked! Waste of money I ended up getting an original Windows 7 recovery ISO. They ignore my emails about a refund. Please complain this business.
rickc215
February 22nd, 2019
After I downloaded and copied file to usb as per web site directions, it did not work. After reading tech support notes and burn it to cd at 1x speed it worked.
williamf150
February 13th, 2018
It's February 12, 2018 and I had to take the chance at purchasing and downloading and using it on a Windows 7 machine.

Basically what happened is the power supplied died right while windows was doing something...and when the power supply was replaced and we powered everything up... It just kept doing the windows infinite loop.

It just wouldn't stop :(

I tried everything I could find on google and the other forums..and no luck.

I burned the iso to a cd started it up.. waited and waited for it to get the screen to where I scanned and tested the memory... and voila... windows came back!!!

I was THIS close to going through and having to reinstall windows over itself and then trying to remember what code was where and etc.

I'm happy for paying $20. I know others have had bad experiences...and I was dreading that if it did happen...but I would have at least been out $20.

I'm glad I did it and it worked.

Cheers everyone! Time to go check everything out and make another disk backup!!

William - KS
giusepped23
July 16th, 2019
I bought their software to fix an issue with starting Windows 10 on my Laptop. I contacted the customer service because I was not able to start their software from USB pen. They provided me a generic solution, which did not work. I contacted them again, explaining more in detail the issue and attaching multiple pictures of the error and steps to reproduce it. Then one month of silence, no replies. Contacting them again they provided a link to download the software for Windows 8 64 bit, no sense reply, not related to my issue, also because I have windows 10! After complaining again, they told me to send Windows product key sticker so that they can provide original Windows CD. To recap, from one issue they provided no sense solutions. At the end I fixed the issue myself after 3 months of e-mails. Wasted money.
mr264
February 25th, 2019
Do NOT buy a product from NeoSmart. As you'll probably guess from the lack of contact information other than email in their website, their customer support is absolutely abysmal and they probably will not issue a refund unless you go quite a length.
georgew238
June 29th, 2018
Trying to solve a problem on my Sony Vaios laptop, I I purchase the "WINDOWS 7 RECOVERY DISC" ( $ 19.75). Thear download link did't
work. Try to get in touch with them, No way, the phone *******828 sound busy all the time and *******568 basically is a voice recording directing to
white a Email o let the personal info (I did) Never got an answer...Sound like a regular Scam....!! I ask for refund !!!!
rolandos12
December 1st, 2018
Did as I was asked and it did not fix my issue. Tried to contact them for assurance and got nowhere fast. Don't do it!
rogerp19
September 24th, 2014
I was facing problems with my ASUS bootbehaviour. I downloaded a tool of Neosmart to set the boot options. This failed. So they had a Windows 8 recovery tool, as an image. I paid 20 dollar, I had to have something. The (fake?) reviews on their site promised a lot. It was not possible burn the iso on a USB, as it would be possible according to the description on the site. They advise a tool called ImgBurn, which appaered to put a lot of trash on my (other) PC. Then it did not work either. So it feels like I am cheated by them. There are more signs that it looks like crappy business (for example other support email domains than neosmart, other sales, difficult to reach, extreme possitive reviews). Now I go and try to get my money back....
gemmam2
August 28th, 2011
They provide downloads for recovery of Windows Vista, The file didnt download properly and they refused to give me a refund!! I wasnt the only one with a problem either, as i read on their site alot of people unhappy as they hadnt recieved the link to download and had paid for it!!

Questions? Get answers from the NeoSmart staff and other customers.

Proud makers of quality free software since 2004.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NeoSmart?

Have a question about NeoSmart?