NeighborhoodScout reviews

Tel: +1-508-753-8029
info@neighborhoodscout.com

omarz10
5/21/18

Accidentally forgot to cancel my subscription. Contacted them for a refund as soon as I realized within days of the charge (obv didn't use any of the credits). They refused to refund me.

alexv65
4/12/18

Most of my clients come to me pretty much knowing the areas they want to look into and why but occasionally I'll get a transfer client from out of state and I'll send over some neighborhood scout links as a qualifier. Super helpful. Thanks for being great!

brendas170
1/12/18

I use this site for real estate investing and have for years. It is a great product with very helpful customer service representatives. Yes, the billing is recurring as other users have mentioned; however, you can cancel at any time. I've been subscribing off-and-on for years.

charlest82
12/28/17

The reviews here say it all. The reports are weak and expensive. Paid $50 for first month but used up quota (10 searches) first day; $5 a search! Wasn't aware there is a limit. Seeking property online takes a lot more than 10 tries! Now I'm informed I have to cancel or they'll automatically keep charging me $50 a month. Bad deal!!

dennyw4
3/26/17

Just wanted one month's subscription for moving, so I ordered the one month's subscription (and I only needed one month). However they reenabled subscription after the month ends, and refused to cancel and the refund even I realized and asked them for cancellation at the start of the second charged month. They said they had notified me about the renewal, but I really did not notice that what should be not apparent enough. Even it is apparent, I suppose they should support cancel/refund in my situation, at least stop at the time I requested!

marvinb40
3/2/17

Someone pointed out neighborhoodscout's stats on our small town which is as close to "Mayberrry" as you will ever see. We rated a 2 (horrible according to the site.) I honestly cannot recall the last violent crime that happened in our county. Then I found your site. From the other reviews, it is obvious that neghborhoodscout skews data to get people to enter their credit card information. More fake news, though this time it's on the internet - - and they charge you for it.

lenl18
2/28/17

This site is a total scam. Just like other reviewers on here, they bait and switched the plan I paid for. Paid a full year to get neighborhood appreciation rates. 2 weeks after signing up, they say I have to upgrade plan with a much higher rate. Not to mention, I discovered that the data is very inaccurate. They don't even have a customer service phone number, only email.

davidh473
2/24/17

I paid for a full subscription with access to income and crime data. One week after paying for a full year subscription the company changed it's business model and I don't have access to the information I paid for unless I upgrade to a PRO plan. The PRO plan costs 10x the price what I just paid. Bate and Switch - stay away, far away

ds185
1/27/17

This company (Location Inc) provides an online service called NeighborhoodScout.com and has questionable business practices (cancelling services that have been paid for if any user, God forbid, looks at more than 50 unique pages in a month, with no refund provided for services not rendered, and providing absolutely ZERO customer service - you will get NO RESPONSE AT ALL to any emails or calls to their detached/uninterested voicemail). Technically, this policy is mentioned in the Terms when you sign up but, in practice, few people read the Terms that closely (if at all) and almost nobody would assume that a business would have such practices in the first place. End result: this has happened to several people with perfectly reasonable expectations of service (just google it) who pay for a service, get that service taken away (< 24hrs later in some cases), and are left to twist in the wind (with their $$ never to return) because these people don't give a f**k about customers; they're in it for a quick/easy buck for providing barely helpful information to people they'll screw over and see in small claims court (one day). Whether you'd call this a scam, fraud, or ripoff ... I'll leave that up to you, but it certainly isn't a reasonable practice and the way its communicated/implemented is no way to build a long-term successful business (not that they'd give a s**t about something like that).

irinar3
5/25/16

The information on the website was very generic. Full access is not worht it - used it once and didn't find usedul. Now that I'm living in the neighborhood I was researching - the info was wrong. Moreover, I signed up for monthly service (you can buy monthly, quarterly, or yearly) - thinking it was for one month - and they continued to charge me every month after that. Until I noticed several months later. Refused to return the money and wrote me the nastiest customer response I've ever gotten. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! Beware.

charlotteh18
9/25/15

I was unaware there was a 50 reports per month limit until my account was cancelled. I went back and read the fine print and it's accurate. My problem is with the transparency. If there is a 50 reports limit, there should be a prominently displayed countdown on a login page showing me how many reports I have remaining this month. Also, rather than a simple, your account has been cancelled notice, there should be a prior to cancellation notice that IF you continue, you will violate the contract and THEN the account will be cancelled. There was no prior notice, just a cancellation that was unavoidable by the time the notice was received.

anonymousu7
8/17/15

Be careful before you give your credit card details. Unaware users rush through the sign up process by giving credit card details which will be charged significantly every month(although no intimation about the same will be given.

carld24
8/1/14

My experience with this company was very poor. The information I found on their website is innacurate and very vague, in a lot of instances. They will not refund your money and do not stand behind their product. One of the worst "customer service" experiences I have ever had!

The safest place to live is NOT in a city. It's rural. Avoid people and avoid crime. Try checking someplace like Hays, KS.

By Charlotte H.
Questions? Get answers from the NeighborhoodScout staff and other customers.

NeighborhoodScout?