My Perfect Resume reviews

Tel: 855-213-0348
customerservice@myperfectresume.com

akinyec
5/30/18

I had originally called to cancel my subscription, but representative Marylyn told me about a few benefits and convinced me to retain my service.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Akinye!

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. Our team prides itself on providing top-notch customer service, and your feedback helps us tremendously, please let us know if you need any help in the future.
angelicad16
5/29/18

The service was great Crystal was a big help! Offered me discounts along with refunding me my money back!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Angelica!

Way to make our day! Reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
Have a great day!
donnaj113
5/23/18

Needed help with one area of my resume. Called Customer Service and was blessed to have the skillful and helpful Crystal answer my call. In a few quick minutes she had rendered the needed assistance and I was back in the hunt...for a job that is....

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Donna,
Hearing from happy customers like you makes us feel great. Thank you for sharing your experience! If you need further help, get in touch any time!
barryd64
5/21/18

I got my resume and everything at the cost they charged me no problem. Then out of the blue, months later they started taking big recurring payments off my account.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Barry,

We apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused. However, before the purchase of our service our T&C's are explianed including our monthly recurring charges. Our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

When signing up for our product you agree to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time.

When we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase on the confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation e-mail immediately after you complete your enrollment process stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. (Automatic emails can get redirected to your spam/junk folder, so be sure to check these folders if you cannot find this email.)
amyj155
5/18/18

It takes a lot of effort to write a resume. MyPerfectResume made it so much easier! Not only did I get the job but I also ranked #1 which allowed me to get the schedule of my choice. Thank you MyPerfectResume!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Amy,
We appreciate the positive feedback, Amy, and we’re very happy we were able to help you in your job search. Congrats on the new job!
kashah
5/17/18

The resume builder was fine and the customer service was great, but I didn't get any emails about the reoccurring charges for the subscription fee. If I had, I would have cancelled sooner. I don't appreciate companies that take advantage of people.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Kasha,
We're sorry to hear about this. We understand how you feel, however, once you create an account with us and purchase a product, our system automatically sends an e-mail with the details of your purchase including the T&C's of our monthly subscription. Auto e-mails can get picked up as spam or junk mail so please be sure to check your spam/junk mail folders. LiveCareer under no circumstances takes advantage of our customers, we offer professional writing services for a complete and unique resume. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Wishing you the best of luck in your career search!
donnah274
5/17/18

I used this service to create a resume for my husband, and it was convenient, easy to use, and made a nice, professional-looking resume. That said, the resume was supposed to have been free, but with a two dollar-something charge, so that's why they had my debit card info. Next thing you know, they're pulling out $24.95 a month, for a resume I made ONE TIME, and never used the service again. Until today, every time I called to cancel, I got hung up on. Today, they tried to keep me on by offering a bunch of discounts, one of which was an employee discount, which just seemed extremely shady to me. I refused them all, so hopefully they stop taking money out. I would have been happy to recommend this site to anyone, due to the tools and services that they offer, but the way that they conduct the business side of things leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't recommend using this site.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Donna,
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription—these are not listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee. When you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service. We also let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Shortly, you'll be receiving a DM from us thorough SiteJabber, hope to hear back from you soon!
jamesc792
5/16/18

Great service in creating an updated resume. However, when trying to cancel my subscription before the deadline, I e-mailed them but never heard back. I ended up having to call on the 14th day. Initially the representative was pleasant and accommodating. After explaining several times that I just need to update my resume, wasn't looking for a job, that I never said I couldn't afford it, and being pushed with several 'reduced' pricing plans (even the employee discount), I hopefully got it cancelled. What part of the previous makes it so hard to just simply cancel? Great for building a resume but they need to work on accepting 'I want to cancel.'

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi James,
We apologize for the frustrating time you experienced with our agent. Under no circumstances we want our customers to feel this way. We'll make sure this incident doesn't happen again. Again, we apologize for the situation, James.
mauriciam
5/16/18

They gave me a refund. All is forgiven. Laura contacted me and made everything right. I take back all the negative things i said.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Mauricia,

We are sorry to know you had this experience with us. Please be reminded that our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

We'd like to take a look at your account and take a look into the charges and most importantly to make sure your account is completely canceled by our customer service team. Shortly, you'll receive a private message from us via Site Jabber. Hope to hear back from you soon.
emmaa53
5/11/18

All I needed was a resume and cover letter and this website got the job done! I had a little issue with billing but Victoria (ID # 730) with Customer Service was very helpful and got everything taken care of! When I need a resume for future job positions, I'll definitely keep MyPerfectResume in mind!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Emma,
We’re thrilled to hear that Victoria was able to assist you with your request, and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let [him/her] know your comments. Reviews like this really make our day. Thank you so much!
malandaj
5/11/18

Total Garbage, the first customer was rude and hung up on me. Refused to cancel my subscription. I called back and Victoria was great she cancelled my subscription and gave me a confirmation.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello Malanda!
We're so sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of feedback and all of our agents should treat our valuable customers right. We're glad that Victoria was able to resolve your situation without to much hassle, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
shavonw1
5/3/18

The young lady that help me was sincere about my needs and concerns. She help me can dance my resume into one page. She was also pleasant to speak with. Thank you for all your help

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Shavon!
We’re thrilled to hear that our Customer Service Agent was able to assist you with your request, and provide you with excellent service. Reviews like this really make our day.
Thank you so much!
ering75
5/2/18

Like I said above if the question/concern is addressed first, there will be a better response. Also talking to fast & over the customer increases the chances of a negative outcome for both.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hello, Erin! Thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’ve taken note on the matter. We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better, and listening to our customers is a big part of that.
daniellem135
5/1/18

I called to make a cancellation on my account because I only wanted to show a template resume to my friend but was charged without my knowledge. So I called right away and Sam helped me with no problem. He was very kind and courteous and was able to get my money back without hesitation. He went above and beyond to make sure I had a great experience. He even offered a great deal for my friend if my friend chose to join the site. I definitely will be using this site again when looking for a job. Highly recommend!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Thanks for sharing your experience, Danielle! We’re excited to hear you feel that way about our resume builder platform and It’s awesome to know how pleased you are with our Customer Service Team. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
hollym98
5/1/18

I had a guy help me out on the phone earlier, cant remember his name but he helped me out big time by unblocking my account. Thanks!!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Thank you for sharing, Holly! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
damilolao3
4/27/18

I spoke to Victoria about the cancellation and she was really nice. I got a refund and I plan to get back when I start Job searching again.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Damilola,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Victoria; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
utilityc
4/25/18

It's okay. I thought it was going to be great and then after I downloaded it to word or PDF it required a lot more work to get it to look like it did on the website. I think it would have been better to just start with Microsoft Word.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hey Utility,
Thanks for letting us know about this, Utility, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We will definitely be reaching out to you via SiteJabbers direct message and have our Technical Department fix this for you immediately. Hope to hear back from you soon.
ericaf38
4/25/18

I spoke with Andrew because I didn't realize that I had to cancel my subscription or get charged. He gave me a full refund and since I was still looking for a job I agreed to a price of $5.95, it looks like some people on here got a lower price but I'm not upset about it. Andrew made the $5.95 Sound uber worth it. Andrew is definitely the person who needs to be in this position. He was kind and understanding and took a cancellation call and turned me back into a customer! Thank you again, Andrew!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Erica,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Andrew; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
amandao36
4/19/18

First of all I paid 24.95 and I wasn't meaning too. When I wanted to cancel it forced me to call over the phone. The guy Lenny B. Absolutely refused to let me just cancel the service. He pushed all types of prices at me till I agreed to keep the service for 4.95 a month and now you know don't pay more than 4. 95 guys. This place only cares about your money! It's hard to get out of like a cult!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Amanda,
Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience with Lenny and our Customer Service team. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
mollys55
4/13/18

Lenny is a real pro! He talked me out of cancelling my membership!
Quite pleasant to talk to.
Good job Lenny!

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Molly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lenny; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
kurtf12
4/11/18

I agreed to paying an amount around $2, but I came to realize they had been charging my account $24.99 every month. NOT OK!! But, I called them and the man was very kind and issued my refund and also had to request previous months' refund from corporate (he should be able to do this in my opinion, but the company won't empower it's employees to do so). Any way, I should be receiving the rest of my refund in a week, but they should have to ask you to charge the $24.99 instead of just sending an email that looks like junk mail saying they are charging my account...

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hey Kurt,
Thanks for the feedback, however, we would like to take this opportunity to clear up some information regarding your account:

We offer our customers 14 day access for just $1.95, and we indicate up front that this offer will automatically renew after the 14 day period on numerous pages during the sign-up process ( (with the option of canceling at anytime). This auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14-day subscription on the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase (on the confirmation pages.) We also send a payment confirmation e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal, you may check your Junk/Spam inbox folder as well. Let us know if you received the correspondent refund by now.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us! Thanks!
robinn33
4/3/18

I signed up because all I wanted was a template to go by. They started charging me $24.95. That doesn't make sense to me since I am updating my resume that means I am looking for a job. Why do I have to pay $24.95 (when I don't have a job) for help in finding a job? I talked to Lenny in customer service and brought down the charge to $4.95 for one month. I will try again in a month to cancel and see if they actually cancel.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Robin,

Thanks for your feedback and we understand your frustration, however, we do offer a 14-day trial subscription for a small fee. In this trial, you'll have unlimited access to all our professional resume tools including expert advice on how you can make your resume shine, and you may cancel anytime before you're enrolled into our auto-renewal subscription. We're glad that our agent was able to grant this one-time price for you as this is not the normal price for any of our subscriptions. We do hope you understand and appreciate this as act as we never like to leave any customers unsatisfied with any of our products. If you may have any other situations arise, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us via email at social@livecareer.com.
chelseaw40
4/2/18

This website is great, they have awesome features and helpful tools. BUT hey will take money out of your account without sending an email letting you know (or it'll send it but end up in spam, or promotions so you won't see it normally- it renews every 4 weeks). However, I did talk to an AMAZING customer service woman, Joyce Jhonson, and she understood my concerns and listened to me and was kind the entire time. She even registered me a refund! Great customer service here

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
-Hello, Chelsea!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our agent Joyce. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better. That said, if your experience with us has improved based on your Customer Service experience, we’d love it if you’d consider revising your rating of us. It would make a huge difference for us, and would help truly us.
Thank you!

-Best regards,
MyPerfectResume
raginiy
4/2/18

just pathetic ..stay away from these scammers..charged me $35 without my permission..no notification or any email of any sort ..just pathetic ..i want my refund you scammers ..for any one reading this stay away form these guys..$ 35 for a resume...just awful...

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Ragini,

However, I'd like to take a look into your account and make sure it's completely canceled to avoid any further charges. Shortly, you'll be receiving a DM from us requesting your account information. Hope to hear from you soon!
flavias
3/30/18

I'm completely disappointed. I have canceled my subscription before completing one week using the service BUT it still taking money from my bank account.

Anytime I tried to cancell it again the website said "we are going to cancel in the end of the fourth week" but This Have Never Been Cancelled as I can see in my bank statement.

I tried contact in the website but I've got no answer and no confirmation that they have got my email.

I endded up UNEMPLOYED and with 60 euros less in my banck account.

I hope you MY PERFECT RESUME know that it was all the money I had for 2 weeks of supermarket.

I hope you know that someone will not have money for food for 2 weeks because your amazing customer service.

Response from Laura T., My Perfect Resume Representative
Hi Flavia,
We're really sorry to hear to had this experience with us. We'd like to help you with the cancellation process, soon you'll be receiving a Direct Message from us requesting your account details. Hope to hear from you soon!

UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENTS TAKEN. $24.95 a month, EVERY month. Check your credit card companys protection plan and report them. You may not be liable for unauthorized charges and services not rendered. Also report misleading and false promises such as them telling you the charges will stop. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE! For newbies to the site... they will be so sweet and kind and tell you they will cancel. They will not. TAKE ACTION! The positive reviews are not from real customers.

By Cher M.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Hinduja! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the My Perfect Resume staff and other customers.

My Perfect Resume?