Review of MyPerfectResume

Tel: 855-213-0348
customerservice@myperfectresume.com

tashiap1
6/11/18

Gentry provided great customer service. However, this website is NOT worth 24.99 a month. When I first signed up I assumed the $1.99 I was paying was to download and save my resume, okay thats cool. Then I check my bank account one day and see $24.99 taken out from this company. Had I known that was going to happen, I never would have signed up.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Tashia!

Thank you for your feedback!

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news.
However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.

We offer a free account that gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account.

When signing up for our product you agree to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time.

Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as:

-Sales Page
-Payment Page
-Processing Purchase
-Confirmation Page
-Payment Confirmation E-mail (Automatic e-mail stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal.)

Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns about our products and services.

-Best regards,
MyPerfectResume
kaykayd
6/8/18

I dont remember her name but she was wonderful to me. Helped me with my issues she was great and had excellent customer service she was a star

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Kay!

Thank you for taking the time to review us!

We’re proud to know that our experts were able to resolve your situation and that you were pleased with our service. If you need anything in the future, please get in touch any time.
moralesl
6/7/18

Extremely bad customer service!! I called because I had cancelled my subscription a day before it ended. And they still had charged me. So when i was on the phone with the person. He said that I had just cancelled it like 5 min ago which was a lie. And I told him I have the email saying what day and time it was cancelled. He had the balls to say I was a liar. I honestly kept arguing about it. So I spoke with the supervisor but it was the same thing with that guy too. So I asked if I can send it to him so he can believe me. And he said yeah. So right before I got to send it he said it was fine. Like seriously dude. Never again will I ever use Myperfectresume again. I normal recommend it to the school I work for but after this happen. I will not!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Lisette!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!
We're so sorry to hear you experienced this with our company. Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news. We are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

We want to make things right with you, we'll be getting in touch with you by email shortly.
stephenj132
6/6/18

I called in to cancel my 14 day trial. I have used this service 2 past years ago for a resume and cover letter for a job. A little over 2 years later I enrolled in another trial for the great tools available. I decided to renew in at a monthly discounted rate and dealt with an exceptionally professionall, accomondating, honest customer service rep. Roman badge number 712 thank you. Thank you for all your help, keep being you!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Stephen,
We’re thrilled to hear that Roman was able to assist you with your request, and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let him know your comments. Reviews like this really make our day. Thank you so much!
ronaldr134
6/6/18

huge problems with what the Company had charged me on my debit card and I was angry too. The rep Shelton listened carefully and started the refund for 3 months without me even asking for it ...If I need this service again I will go back because of Shelton Sheridan !!!Great CSR and delivery too.. Ron Ross

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Ronald,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Shelton; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. Our Customer Service team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise for you.
claudiab77
6/3/18

I called in to cancel because I wasn't going to be needing the service anymore and I almost wanted to stay because of how sweet and helpful Sarah H was! Most companies make it really hard to cancel and I was worried this was going to be the case but I was totally wrong. The resume tools when I did use them, were extremely helpful and easy to use. I will definitely be returning when I need resume help again and I will recommend you guys to all my friends! Thank you :)

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Claudia!

You made our day with that review!
Thank you for sharing the love :) It’s awesome to know how pleased you are with our product and service. We'll miss and we’re more than happy to help!
ramonaw11
5/31/18

I called to cancel but the representative was very informative about the tools i should use. And i decided to use the tools before i cancel. Thank for being so informative!!!!!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Ramona,
Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience with us, Ramona!
robinj90
5/31/18

Crystal helped me with cancelling my subscription. She was very courteous and had excellent costumer service skills. If I ever need to go back to Myperfectresume, I would do it without any reservation or hesitation.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Robin,
Thanks for your review, Robin! Glad we were able to help. Have a great day!
manfordk5
5/30/18

I received 4 debit transaction on 11 May 2018 and two debit transaction on 24 May 2018. I will cancel it if you continue to debit my account more than one time on 24 June. My monthly subscription fee $4.95. You charge on US dollars!!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Manford!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’re always happy to hear it!
We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better, and listening to our customers is a big part of that. With that in mind, rest assured that we verified your account and as you previously mentioned your only active monthly subscription fee is in fact $4.95. Also as a international company, we process payments from all over the globe through our entity located in the United Kingdom. However, we have no control over banking policies with International transactions. Please contact your banking institution if you have any further questions regarding that matter.

We hope that this information helps to clear up any concerns you may have had. Please feel free to contact us in case you have further questions.
Thank you.
akinyec
5/30/18

I had originally called to cancel my subscription, but representative Marylyn told me about a few benefits and convinced me to retain my service.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Akinye!

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. Our team prides itself on providing top-notch customer service, and your feedback helps us tremendously, please let us know if you need any help in the future.
angelicad16
5/29/18

The service was great Crystal was a big help! Offered me discounts along with refunding me my money back!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
-Hello, Angelica!

Way to make our day! Reviews like yours keep us going. Our Customer Service Agents are always here for you, so if there’s anything else we can assist you with, just get in touch.
Have a great day!
donnaj113
5/23/18

Needed help with one area of my resume. Called Customer Service and was blessed to have the skillful and helpful Crystal answer my call. In a few quick minutes she had rendered the needed assistance and I was back in the hunt...for a job that is....

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Donna,
Hearing from happy customers like you makes us feel great. Thank you for sharing your experience! If you need further help, get in touch any time!
barryd64
5/21/18

I got my resume and everything at the cost they charged me no problem. Then out of the blue, months later they started taking big recurring payments off my account.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Barry,

We apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused. However, before the purchase of our service our T&C's are explianed including our monthly recurring charges. Our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

When we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you cancel or request a cancellation you automatically authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription. The auto-renewal information is listed on multiple areas such as the sales page, payment page, processing the purchase and after the purchase on the confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation e-mail immediately after you complete your enrollment process stating the date and amount of the auto-renewal. (Automatic emails can get redirected to your spam/junk folder, so be sure to check these folders if you cannot find this email.)
amyj155
5/18/18

It takes a lot of effort to write a resume. MyPerfectResume made it so much easier! Not only did I get the job but I also ranked #1 which allowed me to get the schedule of my choice. Thank you MyPerfectResume!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Amy,
We appreciate the positive feedback, Amy, and we’re very happy we were able to help you in your job search. Congrats on the new job!
kashah
5/17/18

The resume builder was fine and the customer service was great, but I didn't get any emails about the reoccurring charges for the subscription fee. If I had, I would have cancelled sooner. I don't appreciate companies that take advantage of people.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Kasha,
We're sorry to hear about this. We understand how you feel, however, once you create an account with us and purchase a product, our system automatically sends an e-mail with the details of your purchase including the T&C's of our monthly subscription. Auto e-mails can get picked up as spam or junk mail so please be sure to check your spam/junk mail folders. LiveCareer under no circumstances takes advantage of our customers, we offer professional writing services for a complete and unique resume. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. Wishing you the best of luck in your career search!
donnah274
5/17/18

I used this service to create a resume for my husband, and it was convenient, easy to use, and made a nice, professional-looking resume. That said, the resume was supposed to have been free, but with a two dollar-something charge, so that's why they had my debit card info. Next thing you know, they're pulling out $24.95 a month, for a resume I made ONE TIME, and never used the service again. Until today, every time I called to cancel, I got hung up on. Today, they tried to keep me on by offering a bunch of discounts, one of which was an employee discount, which just seemed extremely shady to me. I refused them all, so hopefully they stop taking money out. I would have been happy to recommend this site to anyone, due to the tools and services that they offer, but the way that they conduct the business side of things leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't recommend using this site.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Donna,
We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription—these are not listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee. When you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service. We also let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time. Shortly, you'll be receiving a DM from us thorough SiteJabber, hope to hear back from you soon!
jamesc792
5/16/18

Great service in creating an updated resume. However, when trying to cancel my subscription before the deadline, I e-mailed them but never heard back. I ended up having to call on the 14th day. Initially the representative was pleasant and accommodating. After explaining several times that I just need to update my resume, wasn't looking for a job, that I never said I couldn't afford it, and being pushed with several 'reduced' pricing plans (even the employee discount), I hopefully got it cancelled. What part of the previous makes it so hard to just simply cancel? Great for building a resume but they need to work on accepting 'I want to cancel.'

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi James,
We apologize for the frustrating time you experienced with our agent. Under no circumstances we want our customers to feel this way. We'll make sure this incident doesn't happen again. Again, we apologize for the situation, James.
mauriciam
5/16/18

They gave me a refund. All is forgiven. Laura contacted me and made everything right. I take back all the negative things i said.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Mauricia,

We are sorry to know you had this experience with us. Please be reminded that our free account gives you the chance to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, e-mail or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription, these are NOT listed as features included with a free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free. For the benefit of our users, we provide the option of a 14-day trial for a small fee.

We'd like to take a look at your account and take a look into the charges and most importantly to make sure your account is completely canceled by our customer service team. Shortly, you'll receive a private message from us via Site Jabber. Hope to hear back from you soon.
emmaa53
5/11/18

All I needed was a resume and cover letter and this website got the job done! I had a little issue with billing but Victoria (ID # 730) with Customer Service was very helpful and got everything taken care of! When I need a resume for future job positions, I'll definitely keep MyPerfectResume in mind!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Emma,
We’re thrilled to hear that Victoria was able to assist you with your request, and provide you with excellent service. We’ll be sure to let [him/her] know your comments. Reviews like this really make our day. Thank you so much!
malandaj
5/11/18

Total Garbage, the first customer was rude and hung up on me. Refused to cancel my subscription. I called back and Victoria was great she cancelled my subscription and gave me a confirmation.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hello Malanda!
We're so sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of feedback and all of our agents should treat our valuable customers right. We're glad that Victoria was able to resolve your situation without to much hassle, we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!
shavonw1
5/3/18

The young lady that help me was sincere about my needs and concerns. She help me can dance my resume into one page. She was also pleasant to speak with. Thank you for all your help

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hello, Shavon!
We’re thrilled to hear that our Customer Service Agent was able to assist you with your request, and provide you with excellent service. Reviews like this really make our day.
Thank you so much!
ering75
5/2/18

Like I said above if the question/concern is addressed first, there will be a better response. Also talking to fast & over the customer increases the chances of a negative outcome for both.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hello, Erin! Thanks for taking the time to let us know your feedback, we’ve taken note on the matter. We’re constantly looking to make our products and services better, and listening to our customers is a big part of that.
daniellem135
5/1/18

I called to make a cancellation on my account because I only wanted to show a template resume to my friend but was charged without my knowledge. So I called right away and Sam helped me with no problem. He was very kind and courteous and was able to get my money back without hesitation. He went above and beyond to make sure I had a great experience. He even offered a great deal for my friend if my friend chose to join the site. I definitely will be using this site again when looking for a job. Highly recommend!!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Thanks for sharing your experience, Danielle! We’re excited to hear you feel that way about our resume builder platform and It’s awesome to know how pleased you are with our Customer Service Team. We strive to provide an A+ Customer Service experience with a one-stop approach to any situation. Your feedback helps make our service even better.
hollym98
5/1/18

I had a guy help me out on the phone earlier, cant remember his name but he helped me out big time by unblocking my account. Thanks!!

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Thank you for sharing, Holly! Our Customer Service Team is committed to providing excellent service and it’s great to hear we delivered our promise to you. If you need further help, let us know!
damilolao3
4/27/18

I spoke to Victoria about the cancellation and she was really nice. I got a refund and I plan to get back when I start Job searching again.

Response from Laura T., MyPerfectResume Representative
Hi Damilola,
Thank you for sharing your experience with Victoria; we’ll be sure to pass along your positive review. If there’s anything else we can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask!

Watch out man. read the horror stories on here. they don't even revoke billing after requests have been made to terminate billing.

By Jeremy D.

You can cancel your subscription at any time by calling. Our toll free line is 1-888-816-0576 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST. You can also cancel by logging into your account and clicking on the Name link. Then click on My Settings then Subscription and you can choose to cancel your subscription. You can also cancel your subscription by emailing your subscription cancellation request to customerservice@livecareer.com. Once your subscription is canceled, you'll receive an email confirmation. Often auto emails can get picked up as spam or junk mail. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail folder. Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online to request we cancel your subscription. You can also call us if we can be of any further assist to you.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. Most of clients use the service for months since this service allow clients to build as many resumes as they want with the ability to customize those accordingly to the specific job criteria that they are requesting. For example our builder give you hits in how to create a perfect resume for Marketing Jobs and give you specific keywords for that department as well as many other departments that you can choose for yourself and additional to that you can built the cover letter and even search jobs through our page. This is just an example of the many use of our services. We have a toll free number in the page that client can contact us for more information about how they can use the service to be successful when it comes to job searches.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Hi Susan, I will be more than glad to assist you. You may cancel your subscription using any of the following options: * By calling Customer Service 1-855-213-0348 from Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST * By clicking chat button on our website * From your account- go to settings>subscription>cancel (on the top right of your home page when you login) If you want to continue the process with me, I will need the email address used to create your account with us or the account ID.

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Absolutely not! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services. You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: E-mail us at: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Call us at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry about the delayed response, Marc! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: customerservice@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: Our Customer Support Team are standing by and ready to help you. Just pick the country-specific toll-free support number below and give us a call at: United States and Canada: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) United Kingdom: 0800.189.0676 Monday Sunday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (GMT) Australia: 800.758.379 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (AEST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (AEST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (AEST) New Zealand: 0800.005.199 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (NZST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NZST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (NZST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

Cannot sign in but was charged?

By Ronald V.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I am a very organized person who worked for the state that I reside in as an investigator. I had an injury and had to make a change in my career. I am very careful about getting pulled into scams, however, I felt that this would be a good opportunity to build a resume and cover letter that was more updated than when my original resume that I wrote years ago. First of all, the templates are not free. After spending a long period of time writing the perfect resume, I only had the option of spending $2.99 to have access to the resume/cover letter. I felt that was a reasonable fee for the use of the template. As I stated, I am very organized and manage my finances very well. I made sure that I went into my account and cancelled by subscription after 5 days of use so that I would not be charged the $29.99 for the month. Today, I checked my checking account and sure enough the $29.99 had been deducted. I immediately called customer service and they stated that my cancellation had not gone through and they had no notification of my cancellation. They were willing to give me back only $14.00 of my $29.99 back and then went on trying to sell me more offers. I was extremely angry and then spoke with a supervisor. He also argued that I had not cancelled. I went through the same steps to cancel my account while the supervisor was on the phone with me. Low and behold the cancellation went through!!! Obviously, this company has set up the cancellation process to fail and you will be charged the $29.00 anyway. I definitely learned my lesson!!! I had to threaten to have my attorney to get involved due to this company stealing money from my account before they agreed to reimburse my full $29.00. They could not give me a refund confirmation number for the remaining reimbursement. I as a Social Worker who advocate for people could not conscientiously could not write a review to warn people of this scam.

By Cynthia F.

Thank you for the information and we're sorry about the delayed response, Vukica! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this with our company, under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news, Hinduja! You may cancel your monthly subscription at any time using any of the following options: By e-mail: social@myperfectresume.com Please include the full name of the account holder alongside with the Account ID or email address used to create an account with MyPerfectResume. By phone: 855.213.0348 Monday Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (CST) Saturday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST) Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CST) By self-cancellation: From your account go to Settings, then Subscription and Cancel (ON THE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR HOME PAGE WHEN YOU LOGIN)

By Laura T., Cover-Letter-Now Representative
Questions? Get answers from the MyPerfectResume staff and other customers.

MyPerfectResume?