Hermes UK

Hermes UK has a consumer rating of 1.32 stars from 22 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Hermes UK ranks 175th among Shipping sites.

How would you rate Hermes UK?

“Worst company, ever.”

james b.
10/12/20

Possibly the worst delivery company, ever? As you can already see from the rating, sending a parcel with MyHermes is simply a waste of time. Not only have they lost several of my packages, but when you try and speak to an agent to get some answers, it is impossible. Any other courier company will deliver 99.9% of packages without issue. I would be very surprised if MyHermes could manage 0.1% without either abandoning it somewhere they "assume" is the correct address, or simply losing or breaking it. Each and every time I've had the misfortune to deal with this company, I have a bad experience. DO NOT USE.

jamesb3741
October 12th, 2020
Possibly the worst delivery company, ever?

om9
August 29th, 2020
Worst company ever. Had a parcel arriving in depot and refused by curier and returned back to seller without any notice. Had another parcel that didn't arrive at all.
No excuse for this.
Don't use them if you want to avoid disappointment!
susanj995
November 26th, 2020
We were home all day and the driver delivered to another house 4 doors away. Luckily we knew the neighbours but there was no knock or door bell for us or the neighbour. Parcel just put in the floor & driver left! At Xmas time more care should be taken! Terrible service.
janed704
November 7th, 2020
Unbelievable... again tried to arrange collection/delivery of three parcels. Expected collection 5 days ago... have phoned their automated phone line everyday & told "your parcel will be collected today"
Today... Hermes courier driver was delivering to us & offered to take the parcels... She couldn't as her little machine, despite scanning our labels successfully, would not progress any further, so she was forced to leave them with us. We actually felt embarrassed for her!
This isn't the first time a similar incident has happened with Hermes... but definitely our last.

We've rebooked with an alternative courier, as reliability is now paramount.
juliem1212
October 9th, 2020
Did not deliver parcel to buyer. Lost it. Requested insurance claim form 7 times and still not received it. DO NOT USE worst ever courier company.
peacea6
December 14th, 2018
Ive used Hermes for over 100 postings (Sell on eBay).
Through Parcel2Go with minimal issues but as of late, they're becoming horrendous.

They have lost multiple packages & because i bought through Shutl (Another useless company), Hermes are quick to pass the buck.
On top of that, their customer service is disgusting.

Another business quick to take your money but hide behind T&C's and excuses when they fail

I strongly advise you find another courier.
sandral810
November 26th, 2020
Posted a parcel containing jewellery on the 11th of nov parcel did not arrive at buyer it was showing on tracking as at customer local depot but did not move for days, no humans to speak to only auto messages so left my complaint got back to me a week later to say they Assume its lost... I put a review on about them and all of a sudden the parcel has moved back to the national sorting hub yeah I don't understand it either However it has not moved from there so not sure if its lost, or not and cannot get any money back till they decide! So no parcel, no money, no apology, nosupport, and never using this company again do not use them they don't care there is no customer service at all how they still get to operate I will never know
nw66
April 6th, 2018
They do seem to be the cheapest to use but I've had about a quarter of the parcels I've ever sent stolen so I no longer use them. To claim on their insurance (which you have to buy) then you have to show what you purchased the item for, so if selling ebay items like me you can't get back the value of your item.

They are not concerned about thefts and seem to think that a 25 % loss rate is okay
chaunceym28
October 23rd, 2020
They claimed they delivered my parcel and sent a photo of it on someone else's doorstep. When I went to the local sub depot the manager at first gave me a garbage excuse until I showed him the picture then he got very rude and shut the door in my face and walked away telling me it wasn't his concern and to contact customer service. I tracked down the house where they took the picture from (which was directly across the street from me) and the lady explained to me that the driver delivered her two parcels (which she showed me) and then put another parcel down and photographed it and then put the parcel in his vehicle. When I showed her the picture she immediately identified it as the parcel she seen. He used her as delivery as a cover for stealing mine so that his GPS could show he was indeed in the right area for my delivery also.
AVOID these crooks at all cost. Pay extra and use the Royal Mail. Trust me, You'll be happy you did.
ralpht44
October 26th, 2018
They failed to collect from our business premises on the day promised. Driver turned up outside business hours, even though the address clearly states it's a business. This in a long line of Hermes screw-ups. It doesn't seem to get any better.
pierol2
November 24th, 2020
The parcel was dropped in the shop and never moved from there.
After 2 weeks I open the case and they took 4 weeks to tell me that it was lost.

End of story!
stephenf739
November 23rd, 2020
Hermes UK aka Parcelnet are by far the worst of the worst in courier services. I've been through a new level of hell with this company and discovered a level of obstructiveness, disinterest and collusion with what appears to be widespread theft within Hermes. My parcel (value £760) was in the hands of the driver and out for delivery one minute, and then marked 'lost' the next. Hours and hours of my time has been spent chasing Hermes, from the robotic lackey at the bottom to Marijn de Lange, CEO at the top. None of them were interested. I've since made a complaint to Police and when you look at the negative reviews from the UK public up and down the country, people are reporting the same 'lost' items, items that the driver claims were delivered but were not, and other evidence of widespread theft. This level of theft is supported by Hermes executive, who could not care less about their responsibilities to the public, judging by the obstructiveness of their responses to my emails. All I've tried to do is find out what the driver's explanation is of how he managed to lose my parcel when it was in his possession for delivery.

If you are wise, avoid Hermes and Parcelnet (who own Hermes) like the plague. Otherwise you are entrusting your property to a company of thieves confident that they will have to face no real consequences.

PS. The final conclusion to this story. Here is a direct quote from correspondence received from Hermes Executive Office:

"Please be advised a thorough investigation has been completed and the item was damaged and in no condition to be delivered and the parcel was destroyed."
rayt76
October 9th, 2019
For the first time ever I booked a parcel for collection by myhermes. Ignoring all the bad feedback I had read - more fool me. The parcel *******255072781 was not collected and still remains here. Not itself an immediate problem it made sense to contact hermes and see how we could overcome the problem. Telephoning via the website gets two option and you are directed to chat and cut off. Trying to use chat you get into a loop - number 492 with a 50 minute wait. This slowly gets better until you are next at which time the chat cuts off. This makes it impossible to get resolution. Nothing to reccomend about this company.
angelac355
September 16th, 2019
My parcel was left in my porch which hasn't got a door on it and it could have been stolen. As we were away for the weekend we had to phone a friend up to collect the parcel from my porch before it was stolen. Very disappointed with the service
sallyl51
August 20th, 2018
Used MyHermes for parcels to and from me. Paid extra for insurance & signature No time to read extensive T&C's. Just had Fragile parcel in pieces, did claim form and not insured for... in short their words in email today... Yes, we do not cover China, pottery (with FRAGILE marked on label and box when paying for collection), glass, resin, furniture(unless flat packed)

You're asked to check your item doesn't fall under either category whilst making your booking online, at the end of which you have agreed to these Terms & Conditions.

They take money for insurance for fragile goods on paperwork. Their database does not throw up an! So if you get good delivery no problem. Electric items and lots of other items also in T&C's
daoudh2
October 14th, 2019
Sent a phone with them brokered via Parcel 2 Go and their driver stole a phone. It took me two months to discover the loss. I had to chase them to discover it was even missing.
ko1067
July 30th, 2016
Took 5 days to collect parcels from drop off point
Spent all my lunchtime on website chat to no avail. Esclated complaint and got answer that my parcel was on its way which i knew from tracking. I paid for a service i never got. Do not trust thois co
jos6135
November 9th, 2016
Ordered from an online retailer just over a week ago. They unfortunately use MyHermes. They apparently tried to deliver my parcel 3 times. All of which i was in for, non of which actually happened. After the 3rd "attempt" i contacted them only to be told to contact the retailer. After deciding to give them 1 more chance I asked my retailer to add a note saying to deliver to any shop on my street. They decided to throw in "delay due to address query" why after 3 attempts did they decide this one, more like the driver couldn't be bothered to find my house. I've never been so unimpressed with a company in all my life, ridiculous isn't the word

Tip for consumers: Avoid, avoid AVOID!!!!!

jm212
April 16th, 2016
I sold an item on Gumtree and the person who bought the item arranged the parcel to be collected by Hermes. They were told not to come on Saturday, but they did and no one was home. They put a card through the door with no contact details, but advised they would collect the parcel on Monday. I waited in the whole day but the courier did not come. I contacted them on Tuesday via live chat and was advised the courier would definitely be there, so I made sure someone was home all day, and once again the courier did not come. Back onto live chat and was told the courier had been but the woman told him the parcel wasn't ready, when the courier said he came there was no woman home it would have been my 18 year old son who answered the door. So I thought I should start emailing instead just so I had a record of what was happening, just as well as it turned out because I discovered an item I had been waiting for and had not received was meant to have been delivered by guess who? You've got it, Hermes! Needless to say I still have the parcel, the courier never did find the right house and instead of investigating the issue as they promised they simply let the label on the parcel expire and now will do nothing until we raise a new label. I am so angry I can't even tell you a parcel that was meant to be collected on the 1st April 2016, is still sitting in my lounge and it is the 16th April 2016. The other parcel was seemingly delivered and signed for, but the signature was just a squiggle so either it was delivered to the wrong address or stolen by the courier. If anyone wants to see it I have a record of all the many emails between myself and Hermes, but if you are looking for a courier service do yourself a favour and try someone else.
jamesp114
September 16th, 2014
Avoid at all costs, they employ thieves and don't seem to care about reports of theft, won't pay compensation and ignore every attempt I make to try and contact them.

Tip for consumers: AVOID

sadies1
June 3rd, 2013
Really bad - just google search them to see the horrendous reviews on non delivery by self employed drivers.

The only good thing about them is they are cheap - other than that use with caution
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Because MyHermes are the worst company out there for deliveries. They can't take calls, as they'd be overwhelmed.

By james b.

Almost impossible. Telephoning the number on the website gets two options both of which refer you back to the web chat. Using webchat is just an endless loop - log on and watch it they deal with eight calls a minute until it is yur turn at which time you see why because you are cut off and the cycle starts again

By Ray T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Hermes UK staff and other customers.

We are one of the UK's largest parcel delivery companies, with myHermes ParcelShops and Courier Collections from only? 2.79. Find out more about myHermes here
<br/>

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hermes UK?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.3
Have a question about Hermes UK?