Hermes UK

Hermes UK has a consumer rating of 1.13 stars from 52 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Hermes UK most frequently mention customer service and delivery company problems. Hermes UK ranks 197th among Shipping sites.

How would you rate Hermes UK?

“Worst of the worst”

Teona G.
3/26/21

The worst courier company that can ever exist on the planet. Unreliable and unorganised company. There is no human customer service! What kind of company is this? I am disgusted by them as I lost track on how many times my parcel has not been delivered because of them, they "attempted" to deliver and then the parcel got lost in transit, could not find my address and so on. Really? Are we that stupid? Stop the lies and do your job! How many people have to leave bad reviews for this company to be dissolved?

teonag1
March 26th, 2021

How many people have to leave bad reviews for this company to be dissolved?

janea383
February 19th, 2021

I booked a delivery to Europe and pick up from my home, Hermes didn't bother picking it up or revising me at all. I rang and arranged a further day to waste my time staying in all day. Again never picked up, so I dropped at drop off point and received a receipt.
5 days later Hermes came to collect it and then marked my account "no longer required", now my account shows only that and no tracking. Trying to contact Hermes is a waste of time.
Find another provider. Hermes = too big to care

gregs823
May 5th, 2021

They took over a week to delivery a parcel for me, driver updated delivered and wasn't.

Added a black picture saying was delivery which he steal the parcel and open.

After a open a complain on the worst website Hermes which I talk to a Robot the finally found and managed to redelivery on Sunday which is really weird.

Worst company in UK, can't talk to anyone, really bad reviews and some drivers steal your parcel!

Tip for consumers:
Never use this company again

Personal items

craigc453
December 29th, 2020

Hermes you have now made it 7 out of 9 times that our delivery goes to the wrong Church Road. What a complete failure especially after I have complained every time and you say we will get it noted for that area. How hard is it to read an address, there is loads of church roads around but if the drivers read the area then they will know where to go. That is if they can read properly. I will be publishing this as much as possible and trying the main papers.

mohamedj22
January 27th, 2021

I have been sending my parcels through hermes recently, but I am highly disappointed as there is no proper way to contact them about enquiries. The parcel shop is quite messy and disorganized which has caused a loss of a parcel which I dropped off 5 days ago. When I track the parcel it comes up as it still being in the parcel shop so I went to ask directly and they are saying he doesn't have the parcel. I don't think it's trustworthy and I'm not getting a satisfied response or help directly or from their website.

coralp9
December 21st, 2020

Pretty much anything you could think to send is in the prohibited list so if they break it no matter how good you pack it you won't get compensation. Absolutely useless no wonder amazon have cancelled their contract with them. Probably get there in better shape if I kicked it down the other end of the county.

peacea6
December 14th, 2018

Ive used Hermes for over 100 postings (Sell on eBay).
Through Parcel2Go with minimal issues but as of late, they're becoming horrendous.

They have lost multiple packages & because i bought through Shutl (Another useless company), Hermes are quick to pass the buck.
On top of that, their customer service is disgusting.

Another business quick to take your money but hide behind T&C's and excuses when they fail

I strongly advise you find another courier.

jamesb3741
October 12th, 2020

Possibly the worst delivery company, ever?
As you can already see from the rating, sending a parcel with MyHermes is simply a waste of time. Not only have they lost several of my packages, but when you try and speak to an agent to get some answers, it is impossible.

Any other courier company will deliver 99.9% of packages without issue. I would be very surprised if MyHermes could manage 0.1% without either abandoning it somewhere they "assume" is the correct address, or simply losing or breaking it.

Each and every time I've had the misfortune to deal with this company, I have a bad experience. DO NOT USE.

nw66
April 6th, 2018

They do seem to be the cheapest to use but I've had about a quarter of the parcels I've ever sent stolen so I no longer use them. To claim on their insurance (which you have to buy) then you have to show what you purchased the item for, so if selling ebay items like me you can't get back the value of your item.

They are not concerned about thefts and seem to think that a 25 % loss rate is okay

darm4
December 22nd, 2020

This service is rubbish. Do yourself a favour and don't use them. They have nicked my iPhone 7 Plus now they trying To avoid The payment, I have set value of parcel 150£ this for some reason was changed to 50£ and even I have no option to choose the cover they said it was 20£ selected by myself. Now for iPhone 7 Plus they want to refund me 20£.
Honestly this company is bunch of professional thief's
Avoid avoid avoid!

dawnl543
May 6th, 2021

Thieves work at Hermes, the worst delivery company in the world! Empty box arrived that had clearly been tampered with! Vet your workers!

richardw1818
March 2nd, 2021

Everything went wrong - Hermes lost my parcel and despite my trying to contact them every day, you cannot get to speak to a real person. Anything other than a basic query the A. I. just does not help.

Hermes you missed my sons Birthday by a month

No apologies, no compensation - just ignored

HERMES = The WORST delivery company

Never use Hermes

hm172
January 7th, 2021

Drivers lie about where they deliver. I was in all day. Got message and photo to show delivered. Photo of piece of grass, could be anywhere. We are on a beach! No sign of package. Valuable irreplaceable contents. Hermes could not care less.

AVOID USING HERMES AT ALL COSTS

Products used:
Shipment of unique piece of valuable porcelain

els224
December 22nd, 2020

This is the most unreliable courier I have ever seen. Collection slot given between 8 am and 8pm yesterday. Today I am still waiting and the driver didn't come. I tried calling and emailing the office but no answer. Despite getting bad review from my customer for the delay, they still took my money and didn't provide the service and is beyond expectation on the bad side. I will be contacting my bank to get my money back. Avoiding this company going forward as they are totally unprofessional and the service is messed up. I start to worry about my item getting damaged considering the low profecieny.

lom14
December 10th, 2020

Hermes offered me free cover up to £20 but when they smashed my item to the small pieces they rejected any responsibility and started referring to the small print saying "there is nothing we can do". It should be legally banned acting like this and inflicting financial damage on the people. It is literally like being robbed of something.

om9
August 29th, 2020

Worst company ever. Had a parcel arriving in depot and refused by curier and returned back to seller without any notice. Had another parcel that didn't arrive at all.
No excuse for this.
Don't use them if you want to avoid disappointment!

tila
December 4th, 2020

I ordered a parcel delivery on 22/11, parcel 25/11 has arrived to national sorting hub and it's a second week there, I asked several times on live chat why and what is happening, every time i get a different information - it's a glitch and the parcel is on its way or that I will get an email and update, a different a crap excuse each time! I definitely do not recommend it! Fully tracked service - this is a joke.

nickd787
April 15th, 2021

Do not trust this company to deliver your goods, they dont give a monkeys. Your goods will 'disappear' without any consequence to them selves, at the briefest mistake and you will be offered a fraction of the value. Their tracking system is bull s**t as the last place it was scanned should ensure a safe idea where your parcel is, but NO if your item disappears then, who cares. Customer service is basically non existent and they only respond if pushed. Contacting their head office is at premium rate so don't. Do not trust your goods to this company, delivery is basically leaving it at your front door, and a picture of it taken and sent to you even though you are in. If its taken then tough. Please use another delivery company for your own protection and sanity.

susanj995
November 26th, 2020

We were home all day and the driver delivered to another house 4 doors away. Luckily we knew the neighbours but there was no knock or door bell for us or the neighbour. Parcel just put in the floor & driver left! At Xmas time more care should be taken! Terrible service.

helenk562
May 27th, 2021

My parcel was delivered to an address on the wrong road.

Road signs in the area are very clear, the post code of the place where it was left is not the same as mine. Satnavs do not have any trouble finding my house using the post code or road name.
I had to walk round the estate comparing the photo to find my parcel.

Tip for consumers:
Couriers do not read the address on the package. The post code is ignored

Delivery

farag
January 17th, 2021

There is no way to contact theme drivers cheat with pictures. Missing parcel ( useless n careless...

Tip for consumers:
Hermes is useless company no way to contact theme and drivers cheat on picture to hide missing stuff am not happy with it they ruined my sunday

Shoes

danih25
March 2nd, 2021

I sent a parcel through a courier agency but with Hermes. Firstly, that parcel only made it about 100 miles in 3 days from my location to their Rugby facility. This is ridiculous in itself because at that speed that parcel would have got to Germany by Christmas. Secondly, there was an entry scan at that facility but the parcel never left. For a week I tried to find out what was going on until we suddenly had a Hermes delivery driver at our door bringing the parcel back to us. On the parcel it said HS code which indicated the invoice was wrong. But the courier agency was told someone in Rugby thought the German address was wrong. Baffling to me how someone in the UK can judge that. Upon chasing for a clearer explanation they changed their version to "Post Brexit incompatible" but never provided an explanation as to what that means.
I sent the same parcel with with same address by DPD and without a single problem that parcel arrived at the recipient's home 3 days later.

paolop34
December 14th, 2020

Very bad, they stole my package, between hermes and parcel to go.
Never reimburse... And charged for the non delivered item.
The worst!

md523
December 10th, 2020

Dropped off parcel on 8th November. I paid extra for next day delivery. It was not collected by Hermes until the evening of the next day (9th) and since then I have no idea where my parcel is. One item in parcel was my grandson's favourite soft toy. Have phoned Hermes several times to no avail, each time waiting for over three quarters of an hour before the call was picked up. Ending up sending an official complaint on 18th November. Reply: Complaint form has been received and the complaint will be assessed within 28 days. Today, 10th December, I still have heard nothing. Appalling service and lack of information from Hermes.

janed704
November 7th, 2020

Unbelievable... again tried to arrange collection/delivery of three parcels. Expected collection 5 days ago... have phoned their automated phone line everyday & told "your parcel will be collected today"
Today... Hermes courier driver was delivering to us & offered to take the parcels... She couldn't as her little machine, despite scanning our labels successfully, would not progress any further, so she was forced to leave them with us. We actually felt embarrassed for her!
This isn't the first time a similar incident has happened with Hermes... but definitely our last.

We've rebooked with an alternative courier, as reliability is now paramount.

Because MyHermes are the worst company out there for deliveries. They can't take calls, as they'd be overwhelmed.

By james b.

Almost impossible. Telephoning the number on the website gets two options both of which refer you back to the web chat. Using webchat is just an endless loop - log on and watch it they deal with eight calls a minute until it is yur turn at which time you see why because you are cut off and the cycle starts again

By Ray T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Hermes UK staff and other customers.

We are one of the UK's largest parcel delivery companies, with myHermes ParcelShops and Courier Collections from only? 2.79. Find out more about myHermes here
<br/>

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hermes UK?

Have a question about Hermes UK?