Review of Mpix

Pittsburg, KS 66762
info@mpix.com

rikf6
11/22/17

Warning! I sent my wedding photos to these crooks. They displayed them on their page for a short amount of time and then deleted them. They told me they do not offer the option of downloading your open pictures that you paid them to scan and that they have no way to recove them after they delete them. Dont trust your precious memories to these crooks!!!

brittanr
11/9/17

This company has stressed me out to the Max. I simply needed them to change my address building and they screwed up the address more than once. I told them to put building E and they would go in and put either builidng 2 or no building at all . I paid extra to expedite my package and now i may not even get it because they thought it might be funny to give me a hard time and mess up my address multiple times. the reps are not helpful at all. I am now out 200 dollars and still needing to find my mother a gift. I will never do business with this company again and i will make sure no one i know does business with them either. SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS!!!!

chrish358
11/7/17

First off I work abroad so shipping to my house here was not the best idea so I shipped to a domestic address then had it forwarded later. I ordered a photobook. 2 actually. The first was in matte finish and my mother liked it so much she kept it and I ordered another which unintentionally was in gloss. Ok my bad no worries. I just got the book. Was in no hurry to receive it but I wish I had now that Ive had a chance to check it out. Now I am a photographer and have printed many times through Mpix and other places but this quality on this book was garbage. Pixilation on small photos. How is that possible. Big photos look like they were painted in acrylic paint. First page in the "lay flat" book was already separating from the binding. That i could live with as it is a family album, but the horrid print quality on my images is impressive. Now before you say its the camera there are 3 different camera files that comprised this book, one of which was a camera phone just because I loved the photo (note 4 so non issue). You cant tell the difference from the camera phone quality to the professional canon dslr and my gorgeous fujifilm mirrorless.
Needless to say, if you are a pro or a serious photographer i cant recommend this service for a paid gig. Something that you can risk hitting or missing on sure cause the price is good. But if you really need it done right with no risk then I would strongly caution. Fortunately there is still time as this is a christmas present. Just annoyed I need to redo the layouts on a different site.

nicoler122
8/27/17

I have ordered many photo standouts and canvas wraps from MPIX. Recently one of the photo standouts started to bubble between photo and back piece. This was about 3 months after receiving my order. I contacted MPIX and within 3 days of my email to them I had a brand new photo. Hard to beat customer service like that. It's rare in today's world when everyone has an excuse. I think their products are professional quality and they always arrive in a few days. I'll continue to use and recommend their services.

bertrandh11
8/21/17

First, I get all my MPIX prints through zenfolio, which is a photographer gallery website. If you buy a year membership in zenfolio, you can purchase prints and other items from Mpix at cost, which is about 30% less than retail. However, once in a while, they have a half-price sale on prints starting at 8 x 10 in size. Then it's really a good deal, because you're paying 50% of an already discounted price. Now, here is where you have to use some common sense or better, have some knowledge of photo printing. Mpix will lock you out of ordering a print that's too big if your pixel count for any jpeg file is too small. BUT, you also have to use some judgment. If you have an out of focus photo, or a photo with poor contrast, poor color, etc., mpix can't help you that much, even though they do have a default for color correction. Make sure your photo doesn't just have the minimal file size for a print, but more than the minimal. You can find the file size to print size math on lots of websites. It also pays to pay the extra for their smear proof coating; it's about $1 to $2 dollars depending on photo size. It is worth it. Every handle a photo and then see fingerprints on it? Good luck. Another bit of advice: if you have very vivid colors in your images, say, from photographing flowers or other very colorful objects, I'd be careful and make sure the file size is large enough to result in vivid print color. Remember, the larger the print, the duller the color. A print at 8 x 10 is going to be brighter and sharper than a 13 x 19 print. If you calculate the square inch total of the paper it's easy to tell. You are spreading more ink over a larger surface, and pixel density can impact very large prints. I know this stuff because I did my own printing for years, and decided it wasn't worth the time and expense. It might cost $2.00 to print an 11 x 17 photo at home, but it might take four or five tries, not to mention a host of other things that can go wrong. For monochrome photos, I'd definitely go with Mpix. Ink printers only use a couple of cartridges when mixing b&W or sepia. Mono- or duotone images look great from Mpix.

jja8
6/29/17

My wife made a photo album from all her phone photos for me for Father's Day. It did turn out ok, but the last 40 pictures or so went to 4x4 instead matching the 4x6 size the other 500 photos were sized to. Not a huge deal. But when my wife inquired about it, after the third email (no reply on the first two) they said it was her fault; that she ordered the 4x4's. Maybe, but doubtful. She chose the format for the entire library and downloaded them for print. 4x6's. Not 93% of one size and 7% of another. And that's not the problem. It is what it is. But even if it was her fault, she spent $200 for the pictures, they should resend the 40 pics to the size we want. They said they won't resend anything and then promptly sent a YouTube link on how to properly order pictures. They'll never get my business again, or anyone I know, if I can help it. And I will be sure to send them a link to this page showing them I know how to properly write a bad review for customer service.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Thank you for reaching out JJ. I have alerted out lead customer service representative about this issue and they will be looking further into it.
juliel117
6/22/17

I ordered a 12x18 print and what I got was printed on thin copy paper. I could have done it on my printer. It wasn't even glossy photo paper. Don't order prints from this place!!!

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Hey Julie! It sounds like you ordered one of our Poster Prints. These are printed on a thinner paper, and are designed to be a more affordable option for large prints than our standard photo papers. Please reach out to us at info@mpix.com so we can learn more about your order and help find a solution.
juliep101
5/18/17

I like MPIX very much; I recently placed an order for a print to be framed 8X10 for my mom-in-law in Raleigh, NC. She received the order in a timely fashion and just loves the touch. MPIX does not have any phone number to contact them about the orders you place on line; but they have email and online form that you can fill, and MPIX responses very quickly with an answer, also provides tracking number of your order to the destination. Anyway, I am very impressed and will give more business to them in the future. Thanks MPEX for your great service.

amyn47
5/10/17

I wanted two pictures matted and framed. I chose Mpix because I was in a rush and they said they could do it in 4 or fewer business days, and because the cost was competitive, better than Shutterfly certainly. I got my prints in ONE business day! (ordered Friday, arrived Monday). Very happy with the quality of the print and frame.

johannaw10
5/9/17

I do not have much knowledge on uploading photos and printing. The original prints arrived and looked great except for one. I contacted the company. Within minutes a representative, Chevel, contacted me and within a short time the improved picture was ordered and on its way to me. The problem was not a fault of the company but in the sizing of the photo file. They treated me with respect and helped me correct the error. Thanks Chevel and MPIX!

lelat2
5/3/17

I ordered some senior pictures and was a bit nervous because I didn't want bad quality. I got a bunch of wallets and some larger sizes and the quality is great! I allowed them to color correct and I had no problems with colors. I also paid extra from luster. I ordered them on Sunday night and today is Wednesday and they just got delivered! Great service, great experience. I plan to order more pictures from them.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Thanks Leia!
chelseaw27
5/3/17

I ordered the same 8x10 prints from my local Walgreens and from Mpix, to see if there really was a quality difference, and OH MY GOD. The difference in quality is ridiculous. I'm a portrait photographer, and I picked up my portrait prints from Walgreens first. Upon seeing them, I almost cried-- they were such a poor representation of my work. The contrast and color was completely off, the skin tones were bright red-- it was a complete and utter mess. I had ordered through Mpix for two-day shipping, and the following day after receiving my Walgreens order, my order from Mpix was sitting on my doorstep-- that is some lightning fast service, and literally no processing time. When I saw the Mpix prints, I had the biggest sigh of relief and validation-- THAT is the way my photos are supposed to look. I will be recommending Mpix from here on out to every single one of my future portrait customers, and will be ordering exclusively from them, myself, here on out.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Thanks so much Chelsea!
dj462
4/26/17

I have had very good experiences with Mpix customer service if I had a question during the ordering process, and I have ordered quite a few Standouts and Metal Prints. The quality is outstanding. I noticed on my last order than a 10x10 standout was cropped too severely by the lab, and it really did make the image look odd. Russ took charge and was very proactive in sending me proofs and a final product that was sent to me within 2 days at no charge, with free shipping. The way they wrap for shipping is incredible---the products are very well protected. I've also dealt with Chevelle, and she's great, too. Thanks for helping me look like a great photographer!

dianab79
4/11/17

The quality is good but the app is terrible, and the website not much better..you up,lad and then are told that your cart is empty. Each time I use mix I end up annoyed

ellies29
3/31/17

I received my pictures and I was refunded the extra charge. The pictures were nice and the quality was what I produced to them. I'm impressed with the quality of the pictures. Thank You Mpix

stacys66
3/29/17

Shipping is RIDICULOUS! Will use someone else. They really should just call themselves a shipping company vs. a printing company. They'd be much more competitive if they'd offer shipping incentives, WAY better discounts, etc. Shipping is half or more than items you're ordering.

lisaw242
3/10/17

I ordered some photos of my family. I ordered from 4x6 to 16x20. They shipped quickly and came in perfect condition. I will order again from mpix. Thank you!

carment20
1/27/17

Website was adding double and triple pics as I ordered. I started over and it was fine. Later I had my husband add pics to mine and he paid. 2 days later we received 218 pics (92 extra). I explained to customer service and they said I could be refunded the $ if I return the extra pics on my own dime. They told me it was my responsibility. So, I returned an email stating their customer service is poor and how they lost my business and would never recommend them. I never received an email in return. Their pic quality is fantastic but make sure you double check your order every time before you submit.

aldythf
1/4/17

I ordered a photo book for a Christmas gift. The order and shipping to Canada were done quickly.BUT......at the time of order I was charged $30.00 for shipping and it was added to my order total. Instead of paying their carrier this additional charge MPIX then pockets the money and then the carrier charged another $30.00 for shipping at shipping location. They are trying to tell me it is for duty charges.....THERE IS NO DUTY!!! This is a hidden and dishonest cost to the customer. I will NEVER order from them again! All charges should be upfront for the customer to see and not added AFTER order is placed. Terrible customer service!!

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Hi Aldyth! A member of our customer service team will be reaching out to you.
karenh179
12/19/16

I've used this lab on and off for a few years. Recently, every print that I send comes back with some kind of error - either borders are cut off, the print is not centered on the mount, or borders are showing where they shouldn't be. I've had to request do-overs for several prints. I'm done with this lab. Their technicians, who package up the prints, obviously either don't pay attention to what they are doing or don't care about producing horrible work. I will never use them again.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Karen, we are very sorry for your experience. Please reach out to us at info@mpix.com so we can make this up to you.
larryw73
12/19/16

Photos stuck in same post office location for 6 days. Customer service says must wait 14 days, before they do anything. Merry Christmas Mpix..

kristenw13
12/16/16

I wanted to create a mini accordion picture book for my mom to carry around with her as she was just diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't sure how it would turn out; some of my pictures were flagged on the site as low quality (but I didn't have any higher res ones so I went ahead and used them).

I selected Expedited Shipping to hopefully get my order before Christmas (placed the order on 12/14 in the morning). To my delight the photo book was shipped the SAME DAY and arrived to me on 12/15!!

I didn't realize that the book covers would have magnets on them either, so I am very pleased with the quality of the product thus far and the prints were fabulous. Even the low-res pictures are still nice! I am very excited to give my mom her gift this Christmas so she can carry around with her pictures of all her happy and motivating moments so she can beat her cancer. Thank you Mpix!

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Thanks so much Kristen - we wish your Mom and you the best!
erina42
12/13/16

I placed an order in Sept for simple canvas print. Have never received order. Unwilling to refund my money.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Erin, please reach out to us at info@mpix.com so we can look further into this issue. Thanks!
marissaa5
12/9/16

We have always heard wonderful things about this company and finally decided to give it a try for our Christmas cards instead of Shutterfly..... the biggest mistake we could have made. Although the card looked gorgeous online and there were no notifications the resolution of our photo was low, when we received it in person it was very unpleasing . The photo on the card was completely fuzzy. When I contacted the business they stated that although we didn't get notification, the resolution was too low, and the best they could do was try and print the card again on a different type of paper but there wasn't guarantee it would be any better. When I asked for a full refund they stated I needed to return the product, which was completely fine with me, but that I was responsible for shipping. How is this a full refund if I have to pay to return an unacceptable product? This experience was such a disappointment, and to top things off the shipping was way longer than stated on the website. Lesson learned. We are going back to Shutterfly.

Response from Matt S., Mpix Representative
Marissa, I am sorry for your experience. Please reach out to us at info@mpix.com so we can help solve this problem.
el13564
11/25/16

I created a photo book several months ago. The overall image quality was good but the page edges were sticky, which I was not pleased with, but ultimately was not enough to complain for the price I received with a 40% off promo code - I just thought that the page quality was subpar.

Fast forward to now when I ordered another photo book, again with a good promo code, and the book came back with perfect, non-sticky pages. I realized at that point that the first book that I had ordered was completely faulty! When I contacted customer service to reprint my first book, they would only offer a 50% discount - only 10% difference compared to the 40% off promo I had originally used! Customer service was very inflexible in extending any more help - like free shipping - to help soften the blow of paying for a reprint of a book that was defective. I am a loyal customer who has bought photo books, prints, and cards from Mpix, and am very disappointed with the customer service the first time I have encountered a problem with the quality.

The pictures I had developed her professionally taken and I couldn't be happier with the quality. They turned out beautifully. And I got 4x6 all the way to 12x16 developed.

By Jordan R.

Hey Mel! Our most popular paper is the Signature Paper. It is one of the thickest papers available, and offers a luxurious, soft texture. Thanks for reaching out!

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep]

Hey Sally! Please reach out to our customer service team at customerservice@mpix.com so we can look into the issue with your prints.

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep]

Hi there Joanna! Please reach out to our customer service team at customerservice@mpix.com so they can help you complete your order. Thanks!

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep]

Elena, I ordered mine on a Sunday and they were delivered that following Friday! I ordered 58 4x6's and 3 8x12's.

By Jordan R.

It's really a personal choice and also depends on what you're getting printed. I usually veer away from glossy and choose lustre but that's my preference. I don't like super glossy pictures because of the glare.

By Lauren F.

Hey Megan! If the logo is on the preview, it will also be on the card when you order. We do have some cards that do not have the logo, however the majority of the cards will have the Mpix logo on them.

By Matt S. [Mpix Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Mpix staff and other customers.

Mpix?