Modern-Rugs.co.uk reviews

josephm623
4/30/19

The customer service team were great and spent time with me to help choose the right rug for my lounge. When it arrived it looks even better than the pictures, very pleased. The delivery was quicker than expected too.

graceb122
2/26/19

It wasn't a pleasant experience! I am generally happy with the products that I purchased online except for this time. I ordered a custom rug on September 23rd, 2018 and I am still not receiving it today. Called the company a few times and the customer service staffs were not helpful at all. They sent me an email said that the rug will deliver on the week of February 18, however it never came. I called again. This time they said they don't have the rug yet. The email confirmation that I received was just an estimated schedule. I am very confused! Don't know where my rug is. I wanted to request a refund but the company refused to refund the payment.

I don't recommend anyone to order a custom rug through this company.

Response from Gary P., Modern-Rugs.co.uk Representative
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

The lead time given on our bespoke products are estimates. The majority of the time we are able to deliver the product in the estimated time. However, sometimes manufacturing delays are encountered and lead times can be extended.

Your bespoke rug is hand made in India. It is made of a combination of premium wool and bamboo silk, the process of merging the two together is a delicate one and one that can take some time to complete.

We do understand that a lack of clarity on dates can be frustrating and this is something we will aim to improve on moving forward.

I can see that we have now delivered your rug to you.

I hope it is everything you hope it would be.

Thanks - Gary - Modern Rugs
annac252
2/11/19

I bought this beautiful Noble House rug from Modern Rugs, the quality is amazing and it looks fabulous in my living room. Really good value for money and fast delivery. Very happy!

samo47
2/9/19

Fast delivery, looks just like the picture! Lots of choice but chose this recycled design
Customer service were great. Loved by the dog too!

pupak
2/6/19

Ordered several.
Great rugs at a sensible price.
Fast safe dispatch.
Superb range to choose from.
Very pleased.

danielles207
8/10/18

As mentioned, this website has the cheek to sell items online it doesn't actually have in stock, and can't actually get in! Ridiculous. Why list items you can't buy?

They say they know its a problem and advise you to ring to see if they can actually supply the item before you buy. In this day and age that is beyond a joke. Have a live stock website, don't sell items you can't supply and if you have the cheek to do so, let the customer know. I only found out as I rang for an order status update after waiting 10 days to find out nothing was every go to arrive! And if I was to go online now, I can still order the rugs that I know don't exist and they are listed as being delivered within 3-5 days. Unacceptable. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Response from Gary P., Modern-Rugs.co.uk Representative
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We're sorry to hear of the delay you had with your order and understand that it can be quite frustrating to receive delays unexpectedly.

We have been working hard behind the scenes to implement a live stock feature on our product pages, giving you the information needed to make an informed decision before placing the order. This is now live on our site!

We hope that this development will improve your Modern rugs experience.

Thanks again,
Modern Rugs Team
sarahs359
2/26/18

We ordered a lovely blue £300 rug but were very disappointed to receive a rug that no one can sit on or they risk getting socks and clothes completely covered in fluff which wont even wash out. I contacted customer services and they were extremely unhelpful and merely sent me a you tube video explaining shedding. Shedding would be fine if it was limited to the time they mentioned, not four months after purchase. It has made the rug unusable with my children and so was a complete waste of money. I couldnt be more disappointed. Customer services have no empathy or understanding about selling a faulty product. Dont buy from them.

Response from Gary P., Modern-Rugs.co.uk Representative
The rug you have purchased from us is made with a Wool pile. Loose fluff from a wool rug is known in the rug industry as 'Pile Shedding' and is completely normal.

Wool is a natural material from an animal which sheds, therefore shedding on a wool rug is unavoidable; it is a natural characteristic of wool as a material. You get shedding/fluff from a wool rug just as you would get it from a wool cardigan for example. The shedding is much more noticeable with a rug as such a large amount of wool is used in its production to create a dense soft pile.

Pile Shedding is explained in our care guide here: https://www.modern-rugs.co.uk/rug-care-guide

Pile shedding is not a defect with wool rugs. Wool rugs do need just a bit more maintenance in terms of regular vacuuming than a man-made fibre rug, yet they are also thicker, softer and have a more natural feel.

Pile shedding is most noticeable in the first few months of use and does gradually lessen over time. Using a vacuum cleaner that has a spinning head is not recommended as this can sometimes increase the amount of shedding fibres. We recommend regular vacuuming using a suction only vacuum cleaner to maintain your wool rug.

Questions? Get answers from the Modern-Rugs.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Modern-Rugs.co.uk