Review of Maytag

Tel: 1 (800) 344-1274
ukquery@maytag.com

christinac146
3/1/18

Great products which just work. I got a used dryer and it works superbly well. It's an old metal gadget and the paint is slightly flakey here and thats not much of an issue.

heidir44
8/29/17

I miss a quick 20 minute cycle, also the computer sensing sucks. I open the lid just so it re-senses and more water goes in to actually wet the clothes on most cycles. The options on the panel don't make any sense. Whatever happened to sm, med and lg fills. It also is hit or miss on spinning clothes out dry. Finally figured out after cycle if its not spun out enough u can drain and spin to make clothes less wet so it doesn't take as long to dry. Unfortunately we bought the MCT so its suppose to last !0 years! UGH!

francesn5
7/1/16

My maytag combination gas/convection range is an inferior product. The aquafor cleaning system does not work and you must manually clean with baking soda and a lot of work. Additionally as I was preheating the convection to 375 degrees at 275 degrees the interior of the oven door (glass) splintered into thousands of pieces. In talking to customer service and a supervisor, a three year old pricey range is not waranteed for a splintering glass oven door -talk about pride in a product. I've decided to scrap it rather than repair as the next thing that it blows up might be my house and me.

Don't buy a Maytag or Whirlpool appliance unless you're masochistic!

michelek20
1/1/16

We purchased a Maytag dishwasher and just after the warrantee was up, about 11/2 yrs. the main data board went nuts. Only working when it felt like it. Sometime in the middle of the night etc., you get the picture. I've contact Maytag many times and they do nothing. Always responding and referring me to someone else that never gets back. When googling my issue I found many many unsatisfied customers all with the same problem. Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool a few years back and now their product has gone to $#*!. Don't buy Maytag, they don't care about their customers and their products are awful.

barbaras51
8/31/14

Recently had a washer serviced due to sensors malfunction. Washer is only 2.5 years old. Not old enough for major service.
When calling for service, I waited on hold for over 10 minutes each time. (one time I called and at the call director I selected SALES not service and got right through).
Took over a week to an "appointment" for service on site. When calling checking for time of day all I would get was a standard recorded message after my 10 minute hold.
I bought Maytag because of the reputation. Reputation is bad and I am redoing entire kitchen and will not buy any Maytag products
Service person was very good.
They quoted me $149.95. Cost was almost $210. I saw the part. PRICE GOUGHING. I am in service industry and do onsite service. I know what things cost. Job took much less than hour.
I HAVE HAD WASHERS FOR OVER 20 YEARS THAT DID NOT REQUIRE ANY SERVICE.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY MAYTAG OR PARENT COMPANY WHIRLPOOL

11 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Maytag staff and other customers.

Maytag?