Material World

Material World has a consumer rating of 4.36 stars from 893 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Material World most frequently mention style quiz, easy process and promo code. Material World ranks 4th among Used Clothing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 84.6%

No positive highlights yet

• Also have tried 3 times to cancel and still haven't heard back from their customer service to confirm.
How would you rate Material World?

“So far so good”

Tess F.
6/12/20

So far so good. You should always follow up to make sure your customers are satisfied with their order.

“Trade-in not returned to me”

Caroline L.
3/26/20

I sent in a trade-in and over the course of 2 weeks, I emailed the company multiple times about my offer not being ready yet and the automated emails kept coming back to me saying "your offer will be ready in 3-5 days". I have not heard anything from the office yet nor have I received my package back. I am outraged by their horrible level of customer service.

customer service (19)
tessf4
June 12th, 2020

Reason I chose this business:

I saw the Christian Louboutins being advertised for $220!

antonys25
April 16th, 2020
Verified site experience

It seems thorough however I'm anxious to see how a stylist can make this work. I'm excited!

Reason I chose this business:

I saw ads and I liked the products that I saw...

alanae9
January 19th, 2020
Verified site experience

I initially signed up on my phone and completed the questionnaire online. I didn't select to request my box on my phone. I later looked at the website on the computer and had a little bit of a difficult time figuring out how to review my questionnaire before I hit the submit payment button. I just realized I had to select 'Back' all the way through the questionnaire. It worked out, but was a little tricky.

Facebook ad

noellew25
September 24th, 2020
Verified site experience

I was able to give enough info that i'm confident your stylists will come up with something that meets my requirements and needs.

Instagram ad

rachele240
February 10th, 2020
Verified site experience

This seems like an amazing styling company that really cares about getting me exactly what I want while giving me the freedom to try new things

Promo code for 1$ box

lisaw755
January 16th, 2020
Verified site experience

Signing up was uncomplicated. There seemed to be a fair amount of questions regarding my style so that I feel comfortable a MW Stylist has a general idea of what I like and dislike. I would not have minded additional questions (with examples) to narrow down my likes/dislikes further including color selection, fit, and style preferences.

Reason I chose this business:

I shop on Poshmark and am a member of Nordstrom Trunk Club and enjoy both, MW seemed like the perfect combination of the two.

natalial28
January 10th, 2020
Verified site experience

Really interesting survey, I think adding maybe a what you don't want in the pictures is a good idea when you're asking about which are your fave shirts etc bc some of them I didn't find great.

fatimas42
June 12th, 2020
Verified site experience

I would have appreciate more picture to exemplify what some of the mentioned styles really mean. I think different people can have different ideas of what a "classic" style actually looks like so just by clicking on "classic" the stylist really might not understand at all what is on my mind. Communication is key if I'm letting someone style me and I don't think there is enough communication in this initial questionnaire which probably means I will send everything back and not order again.

Because I received an offer and I’m bored at home because of COVID19

marlym4
March 4th, 2020
Verified site experience

The selection experience was good, I'm just afraid that I'm going to receive a box full of weird clothing or nonsense

Reason I chose this business:

I really wanna extend my style and try something new or have someone pick out things maybe I wouldn’t of think of

matthisp4
January 13th, 2020
Verified site experience

Really seamless and the questionnaire was VERY detailed. These were all questions I would ask someone as a stylist - I took it upon myself to also add in style influencers/people whose style I admire because that also helps give a better/full scope of understanding :)

Reason I chose this business:

Keep seeing cool IG ads - you got me!

briem9
January 10th, 2020
Verified site experience

Would like to have been offered a promo code vs just seeing a space for it- always make me think I'm missing out.

Reason I chose this business:

My friend texted me the link-
FYI- Wouldn’t mind text follow up after order but NOT email so I answered “no” to the next question.

jeanp254
July 12th, 2020
Verified site experience

Seemed straightforward. Hopefully all questions on quiz will be kept on file and looked at before each styling session.

Saw ad on FB

amandas903
July 22nd, 2020
Verified site experience

My first two boxes were amazing but then after that nothing was my style or worth anything near the prices they were asking

Reason I chose this business:

I want to give it another try because my first box was so good

chinweo
January 23rd, 2020
Verified site experience

So far the experience is exciting. I am hoping to see great items in my box.

Reason I chose this business:

They are offering items of my taste and style so hoping for it

carolinel124
March 26th, 2020

kirstena23
January 31st, 2020
Verified site experience

LOVE how many questions were asked to really get to know my style and what I like

Got a promo email

heavend2
April 2nd, 2020
Verified site experience

It was great. And I felt like I could really get my personal style.

sharronv2
September 30th, 2020
Verified site experience

Would love to see more examples of the stylists or the styles that could be coming

Convenience!

laurar918
January 16th, 2020
Verified site experience

It was really easy to set up and get my box on the way. I would have liked more options for pictures in the original picks.

Reason I chose this business:

I have seen the Facebook ad for a while and thought the items looked professional.

jessiannab
July 27th, 2020
Verified site experience

Excellent customer service. Great quality. My only complain is you need to be much more clear about colors. I was sent a gray Kate a Spade purse when it was specified white. I wanted white, not gray. White and gray are two completely different colors.

Reason I chose this business:

Great customer service and quality.

sabrenah1
May 24th, 2020
Verified site experience

It's actually fun I needed to spunk up my outfits and haven't really gotten the chance to. When I read about this on Instagram and my best friend sent me the link I was like yeah I'm going to try it out.

Reason I chose this business:

Because I needed to update my closet and this was affordable

lorenad14
January 19th, 2020
robync93
March 1st, 2020
Verified site experience

It's been successful. I'm interested in a minimal style. I'm 62 I do not wear "old lady" clothes However I do not wear young women's clothing either. Looking forward to see what is in my box

maryq6
July 1st, 2020
Verified site experience

Easy to navigate! Loved being able to choose up to 3 items, and the pink box outlines

Reason I chose this business:

Someone reached out to me, and I loved what the brand stands for with sustainability

hannahw184
July 5th, 2020
Verified site experience

I felt like the questions that asked were really good and opened ended. I felt super comfortable.

Reason I chose this business:

I saw an old friend who I really admire her style liked you on Facebook.

They accepted brands that no one else accepted. However, they are very slow and unresponsive. Bad customer service.

By Mary K.
See more answers (2)

They received my box end of August. It is now 10/9 and still no offer. Called and they said they are running behind. Wish I never sent anything in.

By Sunny H.
See more answers (2)

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just did.

By Lise S.

REAL REAL - MUCH BETTER! It's consignment which begins at 50% but increases with price and usage.

By Mary K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Material World staff and other customers.

jonathanl188
Adam G.
COO

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Material World?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.4
Have a question about Material World?