Material World

Material World has a consumer rating of 4.45 stars from 591 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Material World also ranks 1st among Used Clothing sites.

• I have been subscribing to Material Box for the past year or so and have really enjoyed my experience so far.
  • Would like to have been offered a promo code vs just seeing a space for it-

• *Their customer service lies to you and are incompetent
  • Waited 4 weeks to get an offer (on only 6 out of 20 items sent btw).
How would you rate Material World?

“I initially signed up on my phone and completed the...”

Alana E.
1/19/20

I initially signed up on my phone and completed the questionnaire online. I didn't select to request my box on my phone. I later looked at the website on the computer and had a little bit of a difficult time figuring out how to review my questionnaire before I hit the submit payment button. I just realized I had to select 'Back' all the way through the questionnaire. It worked out, but was a little tricky.

“Trade-in not returned to me”

Caroline L.
3/26/20

I sent in a trade-in and over the course of 2 weeks, I emailed the company multiple times about my offer not being ready yet and the automated emails kept coming back to me saying "your offer will be ready in 3-5 days". I have not heard anything from the office yet nor have I received my package back. I am outraged by their horrible level of customer service.

customer service (18) material box (11) items (55) phone number (5) styling fee (5) 2 months (4) 4 days (4) style profile (5) better business bureau (5) promo code (4)
rachele240
February 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
This seems like an amazing styling company that really cares about getting me exactly what I want while giving me the freedom to try new things
Reason I chose this business: Promo code for 1$ box
lisaw755
January 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
Signing up was uncomplicated. There seemed to be a fair amount of questions regarding my style so that I feel comfortable a MW Stylist has a general idea of what I like and dislike. I would not have minded additional questions (with examples) to narrow down my likes/dislikes further including color selection, fit, and style preferences.
Reason I chose this business: I shop on Poshmark and am a member of Nordstrom Trunk Club and enjoy both, MW seemed like the perfect combination of the two.
natalial28
January 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Really interesting survey, I think adding maybe a what you don't want in the pictures is a good idea when you're asking about which are your fave shirts etc bc some of them I didn't find great.
matthisp4
January 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
really seamless and the questionnaire was VERY detailed. these were all questions I would ask someone as a stylist - I took it upon myself to also add in style influencers/people whose style I admire because that also helps give a better/full scope of understanding :)
Reason I chose this business: keep seeing cool IG ads - you got me!
briem9
January 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Would like to have been offered a promo code vs just seeing a space for it- always make me think I'm missing out.
Reason I chose this business: My friend texted me the link- FYI- Wouldn’t mind text follow up after order but NOT email so I answered “no” to the next question.
chinweo
January 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
So far the experience is exciting. I am hoping to see great items in my box.
Reason I chose this business: They are offering items of my taste and style so hoping for it
kirstena23
January 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
LOVE how many questions were asked to really get to know my style and what I like
Reason I chose this business: Got a promo email
robync93
March 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
It's been successful. I'm interested in a minimal style. I'm 62 I do not wear "old lady" clothes However I do not wear young women's clothing either. Looking forward to see what is in my box
emilyc329
January 8th, 2020
Verified purchase
Material world is such an amazing opportunity for those who want to be sustainable while shopping designer. The process to specify our style is simple but descriptive.
paytenb
March 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
Sight works well but buttons to the next page are a little hard to push
Reason I chose this business: It seems like a great company and I love the option to purchase vintage pieces. The Instagram ads are really cute and engaging.
annikar3
March 7th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: Was contacted by a team member, but I am very impressed :)
sabinaf3
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: Fun and easy!
alanae9
January 19th, 2020
Reason I chose this business: Facebook ad
meruanys
gracet103
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: interesting idea
alexisu17
March 14th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: I liked that there was a coupon code because I had a lot of hesitancy letting someone else style me and I will feel less regretful if it doesn’t work out
sarahh737
March 16th, 2020
Reason I chose this business: Email about my instagram
shaylam13
March 23rd, 2020
lauras1098
February 3rd, 2020
Verified purchase
I've had trouble getting my account started due to entering a promo code, then it expired before I could finish, but it wouldn't take the promo off, so every time I would try logging out and back in, it still showed invalid promo code. But I finally got a new code, so I got to finish it today!
Reason I chose this business: My neighbor told me about it bc I’m selling some clothing and they suggested you.
isisg4
March 25th, 2020
Reason I chose this business: Trying something new.~
jessicak416
March 25th, 2020
marlym4
March 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
The selection experience was good, I'm just afraid that I'm going to receive a box full of weird clothing or nonsense
Reason I chose this business: I really wanna extend my style and try something new or have someone pick out things maybe I wouldn’t of think of
sydneec2
March 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: Trying something new.
laurar918
January 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
It was really easy to set up and get my box on the way. I would have liked more options for pictures in the original picks.
Reason I chose this business: I have seen the Facebook ad for a while and thought the items looked professional.
priscillal30
January 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
All I have done is a survey about my clothing preferences and I've placed my order. I wish there was a way to understand how the styling services worked before having to sign up for a box
Reason I chose this business: I needed a change of shopping and styling

I liked that it was designer clothing. I had read a good review in a fashion magazine of good repute.

By Gretchen I.
See more answers (2)

I've been waiting since October 18 for an offer. Two months, minimum.

By Mary K.
See more answers (2)

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just did.

By Lise S.

REAL REAL - MUCH BETTER!! It's consignment which begins at 50% but increases with price and usage.

By Mary K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Material World staff and other customers.

jonathanl188
Adam G.
Marketing / PR
Typically responds within 6 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Material World?

Have a question about Material World?