Material World

Material World has a consumer rating of 4.54 stars from 884 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Material World most frequently mention promo code, good prices and great experience. Material World ranks 2nd among Used Clothing sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

No positive highlights yet

• Also have tried 3 times to cancel and still haven't heard back from their customer service to confirm.
How would you rate Material World?

“So far so good”

Tess F.
6/12/20

So far so good. You should always follow up to make sure your customers are satisfied with their order.

“Trade-in not returned to me”

Caroline L.
3/26/20

I sent in a trade-in and over the course of 2 weeks, I emailed the company multiple times about my offer not being ready yet and the automated emails kept coming back to me saying "your offer will be ready in 3-5 days". I have not heard anything from the office yet nor have I received my package back. I am outraged by their horrible level of customer service.

customer service (19)
tessf4
June 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Reason I chose this business: I saw the Christian Louboutins being advertised for $220!
antonys25
April 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
It seems thorough however I'm anxious to see how a stylist can make this work. I'm excited!
Reason I chose this business: I saw ads and I liked the products that I saw...
noellew25
September 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
I was able to give enough info that i'm confident your stylists will come up with something that meets my requirements and needs.
Reason I chose this business: Instagram ad
rachele240
February 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
This seems like an amazing styling company that really cares about getting me exactly what I want while giving me the freedom to try new things
Reason I chose this business: Promo code for 1$ box
lisaw755
January 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
Signing up was uncomplicated. There seemed to be a fair amount of questions regarding my style so that I feel comfortable a MW Stylist has a general idea of what I like and dislike. I would not have minded additional questions (with examples) to narrow down my likes/dislikes further including color selection, fit, and style preferences.
Reason I chose this business: I shop on Poshmark and am a member of Nordstrom Trunk Club and enjoy both, MW seemed like the perfect combination of the two.
natalial28
January 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Really interesting survey, I think adding maybe a what you don't want in the pictures is a good idea when you're asking about which are your fave shirts etc bc some of them I didn't find great.
carolinel124
March 26th, 2020
matthisp4
January 13th, 2020
Verified purchase
Really seamless and the questionnaire was VERY detailed. These were all questions I would ask someone as a stylist - I took it upon myself to also add in style influencers/people whose style I admire because that also helps give a better/full scope of understanding :)
Reason I chose this business: Keep seeing cool IG ads - you got me!
alanae9
January 19th, 2020
Verified purchase
I initially signed up on my phone and completed the questionnaire online. I didn't select to request my box on my phone. I later looked at the website on the computer and had a little bit of a difficult time figuring out how to review my questionnaire before I hit the submit payment button. I just realized I had to select 'Back' all the way through the questionnaire. It worked out, but was a little tricky.
Reason I chose this business: Facebook ad
briem9
January 10th, 2020
Verified purchase
Would like to have been offered a promo code vs just seeing a space for it- always make me think I'm missing out.
Reason I chose this business: My friend texted me the link- FYI- Wouldn’t mind text follow up after order but NOT email so I answered “no” to the next question.
jeanp254
July 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Seemed straightforward. Hopefully all questions on quiz will be kept on file and looked at before each styling session.
Reason I chose this business: Saw ad on FB
chinweo
January 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase
So far the experience is exciting. I am hoping to see great items in my box.
Reason I chose this business: They are offering items of my taste and style so hoping for it
kirstena23
January 31st, 2020
Verified purchase
LOVE how many questions were asked to really get to know my style and what I like
Reason I chose this business: Got a promo email
marlym4
March 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
The selection experience was good, I'm just afraid that I'm going to receive a box full of weird clothing or nonsense
Reason I chose this business: I really wanna extend my style and try something new or have someone pick out things maybe I wouldn’t of think of
jessiannab
July 27th, 2020
Verified purchase
Excellent customer service. Great quality. My only complain is you need to be much more clear about colors. I was sent a gray Kate a Spade purse when it was specified white. I wanted white, not gray. White and gray are two completely different colors.
Reason I chose this business: Great customer service and quality.
laurar918
January 16th, 2020
Verified purchase
It was really easy to set up and get my box on the way. I would have liked more options for pictures in the original picks.
Reason I chose this business: I have seen the Facebook ad for a while and thought the items looked professional.
mechelleb7
March 29th, 2020
Verified purchase
There is no where on the website to indicate a preference for petite clothing. Based on prior experience with similar services, that could prove to be a problem
But, I'm open minded and looking forward to my first box.
Reason I chose this business: FB ad promises designer items at a frattion of retail cost.
sabrenah1
May 24th, 2020
Verified purchase
It's actually fun I needed to spunk up my outfits and haven't really gotten the chance to. When I read about this on Instagram and my best friend sent me the link I was like yeah I'm going to try it out.
Reason I chose this business: Because I needed to update my closet and this was affordable
robync93
March 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
It's been successful. I'm interested in a minimal style. I'm 62 I do not wear "old lady" clothes However I do not wear young women's clothing either. Looking forward to see what is in my box
sharronv2
September 30th, 2020
Verified purchase
Would love to see more examples of the stylists or the styles that could be coming
Reason I chose this business: Convenience!
maryq6
July 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
Easy to navigate! Loved being able to choose up to 3 items, and the pink box outlines
Reason I chose this business: Someone reached out to me, and I loved what the brand stands for with sustainability
teodoran2
June 12th, 2020
Verified purchase
Couldn't figure out how to get back to see my style quiz, etc. Not great.
hannahw184
July 5th, 2020
Verified purchase
I felt like the questions that asked were really good and opened ended. I felt super comfortable.
Reason I chose this business: I saw an old friend who I really admire her style liked you on Facebook.
carlag118
June 19th, 2020
I sent my trade 4 weeks ago and I keep emailing and calling a number I found online, the receptionist says that all she can do is relay the message to costumer service team and they don't do nothing, this company is very unprofessional and this is basically stealing. I file a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau I hope I get my money or my bag back to me, don't make business with them.
They will rip you off.
I just wanted to update my review and the message they sent me, this people has no shame. Unbelievable!
carlys73
August 4th, 2020
Verified purchase
I enjoyed the process. We will see if what comes feels like they heard what I said
Reason I chose this business: On fb and I want more designer style and fit

They accepted brands that no one else accepted. However, they are very slow and unresponsive. Bad customer service.

By Mary K.
See more answers (2)

They received my box end of August. It is now 10/9 and still no offer. Called and they said they are running behind. Wish I never sent anything in.

By Sunny H.
See more answers (2)

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just did.

By Lise S.

REAL REAL - MUCH BETTER! It's consignment which begins at 50% but increases with price and usage.

By Mary K.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Material World staff and other customers.

jonathanl188
Adam G.
COO
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Material World?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.5
Have a question about Material World?