Maple Leaf Photo

Maple Leaf Photo has a consumer rating of 1.74 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Maple Leaf Photo also ranks 25th among Camera sites. The most common issues with Maple Leaf Photo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• So I called customer service at Maple Leaf Photo for the second time.
  • Made a large purchase and they charged my card the day I ordered but then did not ship it for 2 weeks.
How would you rate Maple Leaf Photo?

“Great customer experience”

Jerry C.
2/9/20

I ordered a Go pro hero 7 black action bundle and was hesitant, price was the best and customer service was excellent. Came on time as ordered... very happy!

“Terrible Just Terrible”

D J.
8/9/20

Made a large purchase and they charged my card the day I ordered but then did not ship it for 2 weeks. When it arrived there were items missing and items that were not the ones they advertised. I emailed them well over a month ago about the missing items and they said they would ship them right away... still don't have them and will probably never get them. I definitely would not ever deal with these folks again even if there prices were cheaper. Very shady outfit, wouldn't be surprised if some of the 5 star reviews were fakes. BEWARE!

customer service (8) 2 weeks (3) 3 days (4) camera (7)
dj385
August 9th, 2020
alia466
May 19th, 2020
First I'll start with the owner. All jokes aside I thought it was an old grumpy grandma that answered the phone, later to find out it was a male, I guess who doesn't give a sh** about his job. Then I was told that it would take a week to get my item I ordered, it's actually going to take at least two weeks. I contacted them to find out about my order, and I still haven't received a response, and it's been over 3 days. I do not recommend this company, nor will I ever shop here again. Definitely buyers remorse.
jerryc329
February 9th, 2020
Came on time as ordered... very happy!
kosmick
April 23rd, 2020
Had 0 problem ordering from them. They answered my questions via email quickly and received a tracking number when my package was shipped.
davidb4455
June 10th, 2020
Placed my order, waited a few days and did not get anything back saying if the order was shipped. Emailed twice, I then received a cancelation email with zero explanation. Terrible customer service.
jc1113
May 14th, 2020
We got our order with in a week, they are very pleasant, and prompt, thank you, so far the product is great, will buy from them in the future.
charlesf444
June 9th, 2020
They don't answer their phone. Try and call them!
They don't reply to emails
It took a week after I purchase the order to get an acknowledgement.
They still filled the order days after I cancelled it
My credit card reported the transaction was in the US, so I'm not sure Canadian they really are.
Don't go there
stephend516
July 1st, 2020
I bought the Canon 80d package plus I added a Rode microphone to the purchase. When I received my package it came without the Rode microphone ($249.99) and the 75-300mm Lens included in the package. They told me I should receive both items in 2 weeks. 3 MONTHS LATER I still hadn't received anything. I spoke with 3 separate people and they all said they would call me back and let me know what's going on. None of them did! Finally they decided to Refund me. I just received a $350 refund today which is ridiculous! The lens in question sells for $249 on their site and so did the Rode microphone. I should have received a total of $562.74 CAD. So unprofessional when dealing with customers and just a sketchy company to deal with. But somewhere else!
jamess3269
June 6th, 2020
Ordered the Nikon D5300 bundle, went bad from the start. Was made to call them two days after they told me the order had shipped, so they could try and sell me extra batteries, was hung up on mid sentence when I said no thank you. When I got the package I found they had sent a D3500 instead, called them and arranged to send the camera back have the correct one sent to me. They received the camera six days ago and still not heard anything back. Called them three days after it got to them and just got fobbed off with "we'll send you an email when we send it" and still nothing from them three days after calling them. Will not be buying anything from maple leaf again. Plus, the bag in the bundle that they said was large was actually a medium so could barely fit the camera and a small lens in there.
hyunk6
May 19th, 2020
I bought more than $4k for mirrorless camera and lenses.
They suggested me to buy battery and memory card. I bought them but I asked refund for battery in few hours. They told me they can't refund it. I was so surprised. They said I have to receive it first and. Return it. They werent even shipped. I said I spent more than 4k and why I can't get refund just one small thing. They said it is only $60 so just pay it. I couldn't believe what they were saying. It doesn't matter it is only 60.40. I just don't want it. They finally refund it while I was preparing my war through credit card company. I got $60 dollar refund. Without tax. Before I got refund, i told them make sure it has to be $60 plus tax. Omg. They simply ignored my email. And also I asked many times to provide me refund receipt. But they said they can't provide it. I called them because of tax. Their attitude was why you want to get refund tax. It is only $7.80.
Yeah I also don't want to call for $ 7.80 I don't want to purchase anything here again
nicholasl105
August 14th, 2019
Call ahead to see if they have stock. I desperately needed a patch cable, and they were the only retailers that had an 'in stock' checkmark for it. All other retailers had to special order the cable. Well, it's been a month and still no cable. Turns out it was a special order like everyone else. I just got off the phone with them and their customer service is clueless. When I said what they did is underhanded, she agreed and asked if there was anything else. (!) I'd say call ahead for anything because they're super shady.
donm312
May 14th, 2019
Cannot believe what happened this week - never have heard of service like this... ordered a full camera kit for a job next week - ordering went well - items were guaranteed for this week... then when we contacted them to confirm delivery was coming they said (after a long runaround with several rude folks) that the camera was supposed to be used (it was not) and they could not sell used to new clients... they would provide a new (lesser) sub... but then not that either... totally screwed now... stay away - do not know what they are doing and do not care...
amerr
December 19th, 2018
Please save your hard earned dollars, neither they delivered my product which was supposed to be received within 8 days and then cancelled after 2 weeks still waiting for a refund about 2 weeks now.
Pathetic Customer Services as nobody will pick up your phone. Buy from legit shops like Bestbuy or similar even pay 10,20 bucks more but buy peace of mind.
evac58
Eva C.
July 17th, 2018
If you don't want the hassle, I recommend staying far away from ordering here even if there's a deal. I regret not spending the extra $20 elsewhere buying from a more trustworthy company. Absolutely no customer service, inconsistent and unhelpful. Don't rely on what they tell you verbally and even if you get an email confirmation there still doesn't mean anything. Long wait in getting the items (I still have not received mine despite over a month) and a real pain to ask for a refund/cancellation. I called everyday for 3 days in a roll and get a different answer everyday. Total frustration.
michaelb1972
June 5th, 2019
I purchased a Canon Power Sot G& from maple Leaf Photo Last August. I also purchased a 3 year Extended warranty. When I tried to use the camera this March the shutter was not retracting. I mailed back the camera for warranty repair. Maple Leaf Photo kept the camera for 1 month with no contact then mailed the camera back with absolutely no repair done1 When I emailed to complain I received a message to call with no phone number. When I called the customer service number on the website I just got put on permanent hold with canned music! Buyer beware if you think this company is going to support anything you purchase from them online. I am deeply regretting my purchase.
adamx9
December 4th, 2018
I 'purchased' a $1,500 online item for video production because it was $13 cheaper than the competition. This was a mistake that I have come to regret. Over a week went by without any shipping/tracking info, to which I responded by sending several unanswered emails to their 'customer service', followed by several phone calls that went nowhere. Multiple people told me they would 'call me back', 'speak to their manager', hung up on me, etc. etc. Until the last gentleman finally said they had no idea what was going on with the order and they would 'give my money back', which of course they didn't. Now I'm having PayPal refund the money (which takes another 15 days) and filing a complaint against the company.

Do not buy anything from this 'company' no matter how cheap they list it for.

Cheers,

-Adam
isabellai1
October 17th, 2018
• Updated review
I called, just to see what they would say about my order.
I was told, they only take payments via PayPal!
It took almost three months for me to find that out!
Why was that not included in the area where you enter payment method?
I will not ship at Maple Leaf Photo!
Fraud
October 13th, 2018
• Previous review
I ordered a Canon package in August. Still haven't received it. Emailed them to ask when my order would be ready to ship. Their reply - "The order will not ship..."
andyeys
May 1st, 2019
NO SERVICE AT ALL AND CHEATING WITH CUSTOMERS
Ordered lens that was in stock, paid extra shaping 40$ to get in 3 days, and after week (no body contact before) i start to check and they said it is mistake we have no product.
jibyj
April 1st, 2019
Used or Open box sold as brand new. Careful.
I bought a Panasonic FZ2500 but it wasn't Brand new as advertised..
hannahk92
February 13th, 2019
Ordered a Nikon mirrorless camera. They sent me the wrong camera. After shipping the wrong camera back for an exchange I was promised I waited a month to hear back. I had to reach out to the company for this issue to be brought to their attention, only receiving 1 sentenced emails that were poorly constructed. After collectively 2 hours on the phone with representatives, multiple emails back and fourth, a trip to the post office to ship the wrong camera back, I waited a month until I had to contact Maple Leaf to receive and update on the situation. I was then issued a refund without any explanation. Had to call the company only to then be notified that the camera I had ordered has been discontinued and there is none available throughout the whole company. The supervisor was unprofessional and rude though I was extremely calm given the situation. Sighing the entire conversation, using excessive "ummmm"'s and after admitting that the situation was embarrassing and that he could do nothing else for me. Clearly this company does not have sufficient controls to prevent these situations, nor do they seem to have the care or professional skills to make things right with a customer. Do not waste your time! Given this situation the company could not care less about giving you a positive customer experience. Unprofessional and joke of a company. If I had purchased the camera I wanted elsewhere, I would have had the camera I wanted. I spent the time researching and learning how to use it before I received it and now because it is discontinued and I cannot repurchase it elsewhere.
davidc1665
April 26th, 2019
I recently ordered a few drone related items from Maple Leaf Photo (totaling around $500). This was/is my first time ordering from them. I paid via Paypal. One of the items was a package deal containing around 10 or so items/accessories for the DJI Spark. First off, it took around 3 or 4 business days for them to actually ship out the door. Not terrible. But not exactly snappy either. However, the bigger problem began when my order arrived. As it happened, the "package deal" was missing 5 items. So I called their customer support and spoke to a woman who apologized and said they would ship out the missing items immediately. A few days later I became concerned when no shipping notice had come through. So I called customer service at Maple Leaf Photo for the second time. After a lengthy time on hold I spoke with Dwayne who informed me there was no record of my first call and that no additional items were being shipped. So I explained things over again. Dwayne apologized and said they would ship the missing items right away and that I would receive a shipping confirmation forthright (either that day or early the next). 4 days later and still no shipping notice. So I called customer support a THIRD TIME and spoke to "Larsa". She confirmed the conversation with Dwayne but also confirmed nothing had been shipped! So after another long pause (on hold) she returned to say the items had not been in stock prior but that the items were now "in stock" and would be shipped out to me that very day. She also confirmed a shipping notice would be sent out to me immediately. That was first thing yesterday morning. Noon the second day and here I am calling customer service for the FOURTH TIME. I have been on hold for 40 minutes waiting to speak to someone, anyone...

So I have used the time to write this review. So frustrating.

David
toms677
October 11th, 2018
Two months and my order never came. I canceled and and requested refund.
Refund never came through and I am in a limbo with their agents for hours.

Don't buy from them!

PS
jg296
November 27th, 2018
DO NOT order anything from them. They are scamming people from their money. I ordered a lens that was never even sent to me, and they insist all their communication be over the phone because they don't want anything written down that can implicate them. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS.
davec327
February 18th, 2019

This guys company paid good money and got a busted camera!
annem397
August 29th, 2019
Today received a Canon 60-200mm lens purchased online from Maple Leaf Photo. It appears to be a "white box" product but this is not specified on product page. The product did arrive in a white box not a Canon product box. Very disappointing.

Company did not enclose a receipt for the purchase nor a copy of their one year warranty. Why not send or email a receipt? Is this company above board? How do I prove purchase was made? All I have is my transaction on credit card. Credit card not happy with this.

My credit card shows a US base for the transaction. Is this really a Canadian based company as promoted?

I want to leave a review with the company but cannot find where this is possible. So how did those reviews get there?

Finally, the company tells me to call them but the line is always busy. Not impressed.

Product seems to be OK and credit card company told to bring to a 3rd party to verify if this really is a Canon product. Frankly, I don't know and based on the company's response... well?

Gave three stars as I did receive the product in a timely manner. It appears to be a legit Canon lens but until verified by a third party, it may be a knock-off.

Hit and miss. I have been on hold now for 45 minutes waiting for their customer service.

By David C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Maple Leaf Photo staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maple Leaf Photo?

Have a question about Maple Leaf Photo?