Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes has a consumer rating of 2.37 stars from 99 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Malwarebytes also ranks 29th among Antivirus Software sites. The most common issues with Malwarebytes are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection.

• Your product isn't bad, your customer support and lack of business ethics are the problem.
  • Customer service does not know anything about the product.
How would you rate Malwarebytes?

“Excellent Software, well worth it.”

Pablo M.
10/21/19

I have been a paid user for the last 2 years and it is definitely worth it. It has detected and blocked so many spyware/virus sites. I'm just glad I got it.

“Scammers. Ripped off.”

Stephen H.
1/9/20

I bought this stupid product. Could not sign in or register the KEY. Certainly not a friendly product. Wasted over an hour of my time.

customer support (3) time protection (7) customer service (5) credit card (5) tech support (3) emails (4) premium version (4) program (30)
pablom67
October 21st, 2019
johnw655
May 14th, 2017
I have been using Malwarebytes for years. Used the free version for quite a few years,always with either Norton or MacFee. Put the free version on over 50 different laptops and desktops in my clients compters. Woried just fine for us.
I am running Norton Security Deluxe 2017 with Latest Malware bytes. Work great together. My Malware was just like Norton, both upgraded the older to the newer with no interaction from me.
I highly recommend this product.
pedrop35
January 29th, 2018
Any Issue gets fixed pretty much immediately. Today a false positive made the application over use the memory, swiftly fixed.
andreah66
March 11th, 2016
Malwarebytes saved the day today! Yesterday I had to make a service call to my daughter's store computer to remove Windows 10 (and put it back to Windows 8) which was suddenly installed, because settings were to automatic download and install and than I also run a full scan of Microsoft Defender, it found one Pup and removed it but today when restarting it, a blue screen scared them at the store, so I had to make another visit. The scary display showed to call Microsoft and not try to restart the system because there was the option that it wouldn't load but it also mentioned that this problem is caused by a virus! I managed to download a new version of Malwarebytes which found a lot of more Pups (a quick scan with Defender before didn't show any) and after cleaning them all and I dared to restart it, it loaded without problems!

I always loved to use Malwarebytes and did it today even more! It saved many other computers for me in the past from deleting all data from a hard drive which some professionals recommended!
ronp45
April 9th, 2016
I have use this program for many years and does a great job. I have installed it on other peoples PC to get rid of virus, ... This program work, when others did not. I had the premium version,but let it run out. Thinking of buying it again. I have the free version and it does a good job.
gtn
March 6th, 2016
I have used the free version dozens of times to fix coworkers and friends computers. In fact periodically, I download the free version for my own computers on occasion to check my pcs.
Wonderful product.
rhondas22
September 21st, 2015
I was promised a refund. Never got it.....stopped working 6 months into the year I paid.
Good luck all you 5 stars people! (I gave 5 stars so I wouldn't be at the bottom to warn you )!
duncanl8
July 17th, 2014
I downloaded the latest free version 2 with no trouble .It required a re-boot and did a scan when re-booted. I have been using this program along with my paid for program for years and it is very reliable .I use the add-on Chameleon for this to work safely without being hacked it must be put into the same folder as Malwarebytes .I dont have any trouble with it or other protection programs as apart from my paid one none are run in real time but only on demand. Its the one hackers fear as a high tech.hacker tried to disable it but couldnt so caused my PC to switch off. I wouldnt be without it.
tp21
June 21st, 2015
Malwarebytes found things that Avast and Avag could not remove. My computer is working like it should now.
Thanks
TJirvingtx
mikem199
September 8th, 2014
If you can get it installed and updated it works. If there are any issues at installation their support is the worst in the industry, even if you purchase the paid version!!
marleya2
April 9th, 2013
I stumbled across malwarebytes just under a year ago and i have kept it on my computer/friend's computers and my family's computer since. They program is easy to use and update and it really cleans your computer of all malicious programs.

I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great free anti-malware program that does a great job.
josha17
December 13th, 2013
Excellent free Anti-Virus Software! Malwarebytes.org and Avast.com are about the best free anti-virus softwares you can get would highly recomend both!
ultimasoulnix
December 10th, 2013
it is the best anti-malware i had ever used. it is useful for checking a downloaded file before opening, and it works well; i recommend it to anyone that is needing an anti-malware program.
ianm11
June 18th, 2011
I have never had a problem with Malwarebytes'. It is fantastic and will run in addition to other antivirus software. Malwarebytes' helps eliminate spyware and malware that often antivirus programs don't pick up. The free version is an on-demand program which means it doesn't provide live protection like Norton and Trend-Micro. In saying this, it won't stop malware from getting onto your computer but will remove it once you scan your computer. On-demand software such as the free versions of Malwarebytes' and SuperAntiSpyware are compatible with live programs such as the ones mentioned above.
nickl6
April 25th, 2011
Easily the most functional and helpful PC protection program on the net that offers a free version. The free version includes a full and quick scan, while the paid version offers a flash scan.

My Dell laptop recently encountered malware which prompted me to buy bogus virus removal software in order to get rid of it. Obviously this malware was a scam, as I could not even open my task manager. So I opened up Malwarebytes Anti-malware, let it run a full scan, and voila - I had complete control of my laptop again.

This has saved me a number of times, and I definitely recommend it.
johnd101
October 6th, 2013
This program is fantastic but it is for MALWARE only and NOT intended to be an anti virus program. It is reliable, works in conjunction with my antivirus program, and has saved me from many potentially malicious "Malware" attempts. You would be shocked at how many there actually are. It also detects "Adware" that is suspicious, informs you, and quarantines it. You can review this "Adware" in the Malwarebytes program and either keep it or discard it.
This program is user friendly and was recommended by a friend who works for Dell. Lastly, if you want something that it blocks, you can add whatever you want to the allow list. Read about it at Cnet.com. If you want real time protection, you need the Pro version which costs about $25-$30. The free version simply lets you scan for malware after the fact.
timothyh2
January 20th, 2011
Malware (from the latin "mal", meaning bad) is a pain to find and get rid of. Malware Bytes is another free utility (you can buy a version if you want).

Lovely software you should have in your arsenal.
huzaifaa
June 9th, 2011
It is really a great software. Helped me a lot saving my PC from future crashes.
janew12
September 11th, 2011
What a lifesaver, or at least a computer saver! It found errors that Norton and McAfee could not identify. And it i FREE!
bobw14
August 19th, 2011
One of the best anti virus software. Very easy to use and it's free!
jacobn
January 8th, 2011
I've noticed there's a good amount of misinformation on this website. (sitejabber) If you don't know, don't spout out false information, you'll end up confusing people.

Anyways, Malwarebytes is a great bit of spyware, adware, malware, etc removal software. It is not an anti-virus program and does not provide real time protection. You actually run at a higher risk by not having real time protection. And no, it will not compete with other removal software like stated above. You're thinking of anti-virus software. (AVG, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, Avast, etc)

Malwarebytes is quick to install and is actually really quick when you perform a quick scan. It does find quite a bit of infections, however it does not fix everything. I've had quite a few cases where Malwarebytes, by itself, could not remove an infection. Though these computers were badly infected and required a multitude of software to clean everything. However, because it is a quick program to run, I usually install and run this program first, in my cleanup process.

This is a must have program for anyone that needs to clean their system, and of course for any computer technician. If anyone has any questions, feel free to comment on this review.
timc11
April 2nd, 2011
sophien
November 13th, 2010
Malwarebytes is my favorite free anti-virus software. Norton and McAfee and AVG all slowed down my computer, and I always feel like they are trying to sell me stuff I don't need. Malwarebytes is really simple. I run it once a week and it keeps my computer clean!

Here is the CNET review http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html
arunw
July 27th, 2011
The Best Anti-Malware ever Made! Themegastar1 Attackbot Rating- 10/10.

As I wrote in my review, the freeware version deleted an important file from my PaintShop Pro program. My worry about downloading and using Malwarebytes is that it might inadvertently remove a file critical to my operating system.

By William S.
See more answers (4)

If you get an email eluding to something you've done on your computer, then YES. If you have Windows, go to task manager, go to the Processes tab and read every line. Look for a suspicious process (unsigned) running on your computer. Google Search anything you don't understand, or are unfamiliar with.

By Nan M.

MalwareBytes is installing Windows 10 files in to incompatible Systems. If you HAVE Windows 10, and still get hosed, please let me know. Thanks. Nan

By Nan M.

RE: my previous question. i checked again and my Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 states on the icon "Its disabled.".....

By Suzanne S.

Download=Malwarebytes anti-rootkit remover and run it once it clears the infection install=Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit -powerlinks infection is a powerful trojan not easy to remove.

By duncan l.

I had all the similar problems as you 2 years ago, the company was going through a complete change over, don't drop this company as they are the tops in the country for what they do, I can send you the company Techs e-mails to me that walked me through the very same problems and she fixed it, yea, I know, been to the "India" thing too, you don't need to go there trust me on that one, stay clear of that. if you want that fix, here's my e-mail address and give me yours plus your exact problem and I'll send you the very same e-mails I got that got me all squared away, I've had no problems for 2 years now. my e-mail is tonydeleano@cox.net I'll see if I can help you.

By tony d.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Malwarebytes staff and other customers.

Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Have a question about Malwarebytes?