Review of Norton

350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, California 94043, United States

nortons6
7/18/18

One of such kind is the Norton Antivirus Software. It protects the systems, laptops, etc. from viruses, spyware, worms and Trojan horses. It continuously scans the computer as the user surfs various websites, so that it can provide a constant protection against viruses. http://nortoncom.org/

summerb17
3/25/18

I have been using Norton antivirus for many years. they did not disappoint me.
I will continue to renew the license with them.

johna916
4/16/17

I am personally using the Norton Deluxe edition, which I have used for over 3 years now and I had no problems with Norton. My favorite function that is included in the Deluxe edition is the SMART firewall.

Tip for consumers: If you have a plan, and want to switch then do not contact the support. They will just connect you to a gotoassist or teamviewer and help you from there, and I do not feel safe when I enter my credit card details when somebody is remote accessing my computer, so just turn off auto-renew, wait until your plan is over and buy the other plan you planned to buy.

draupadig
8/29/16

Before I went away on a trip for 5 days, I knew I had a count down of 23 days left on my Norton Anti - Virus Subscription on my home computer. When I returned, after a few days, when I tried to get on to my computer, I could not. There was a pop up telling me it was not safe to use my computer as it had the ZEUS MALWARE VIRUS. This was also preventing me from going on to the Norton.com site. I was puzzled, as I thought I still had a few days before my subscription expired. To be safe, I went to an Office Supply Store and bought A Norton Security Premium package. After installing the Product Key, A FAKE NORTON website popped up (I did not realize this was a fake sight at the time) telling me my Product Key was successful, but there was an error, my computer could not download because it was out of date. The FAKE SITE gave me a number to call 1-877-243-3741 to help me fix the problem. I did. The person who answered said he was a NORTON TECHNICIAN. He gave his name as STEPHEN HOPES, ID # NOR121323. I foolishly believed him. I gave him full access to my computer. He asked for the Product Key which I gave to him. He then told me to go to www.support.me and gave me a separate code which I entered. Then, he asked me what kind of computer I had and the Internet access. After gaining access to my computer, he started bringing up files. He told me our IP address was compromised, and that there were other people illegally using it. He asked for access to all the computers in the house (from the kids). This did not not sound right. I told him I wanted to check out his credentials before proceeding.
Next day, I called our Internet service provider. I was told there was nothing wrong with our IP ADDRESS...it was very secure. My internet provider checked the phone number 1-877-243-3741 which I was given (see above). I was told it was a SCAM. That number is not not related to NORTON ANTI-VIRUS. I was given the correct number for NORTON ANTI - VIRUS. After calling them, I was told once again, the phone number I was given before was not in any way related to them. I was re-assured, I was now dealing with the true NORTON company. A Norton Technician checked my account with them. I was told I had 10 days left in my Anti-Virus Subscription. A full scan was made of my computer. NO VIRUSES WAS FOUND ....ESPECIALLY ZEUS MALAWARE.

Thank you to the REAL NORTON By Symantec....my computer was fully restored with my new Product Key added on. I am truly grateful.

The true Norton technician also suggested, if I did online banking or online purchases I should notify the bank as a precaution.

For those of you getting similar pop ups telling you your computer has a virus, do not be naive like me, do your homework, have your computer checked out by a professional or call the TRUE NORTON By Symantec for help.
This is the correct phone number for the TRUE NORTON BY Symantec 1-855-815-2726

I was told there are lots of Norton Anti - Virus fake technicians out there. Make sure you have the correct NORTON or you will be seriously ripped off.

kellym77
10/1/14

powerful and extremely useful pc assistant which is must-have if you're surfing a lot in the web. It updates all the time and has always good protection against bad stuff. I just love it

Tip for consumers: I just love it

ultimasoulnix
12/10/13

i like norton myself but the prices aren't good, the lower ones might be but i would recommend the trial version with another antivirus then you might be good

johnd101
9/2/13

There has been a tremendous turnaround with Norton. A few years ago, I got rid of Norton due to it's unreliability and poor screening for viruses. Also, it used to be next to impossible to remove the program, and they used to sneak it on your computer when you downloaded something else. They have really turned this company around and I give it the highest ratings. Norton catches almost everything, except malware, and is very reliable. I currently use Malwarebytes (Fantastic program) in conjunction with Norton. I have not had one issue since doing this. Both are constantly catching something, and I would recommend using both. POST NOTE: The difference between using the free Malwarebytes and the Pro version is that the Pro version catches malware as you surf (real time) while the free version is an after the fact scan.

lesterc1
6/22/13

In a way it pains me to rate this service so low, as I have had good service from them for a long time (almost 4 years). But lately there have been too many changes, and if you dare to complain, you are shuffled around among different people, and left on hold for longer and longer times while the call volume on your phone drops away. Earlier this week, I had the FBI Virus removed, and purchased a 'tune-up" for seventy bucks (I prepaid for the virus removal). When the job was done, I shut down for several hours, then fired up the next morning, and noticed a boot-up time of several minutes. When I complained, I was told that it was probably something else, and I would have to pay another fifty dollars to have it fixed. Say Whaaaaat? So much for their seven-day guarantee.. When my subscription is up, I'm gone. I'm going to use a local tech, and learn to do more myself.

staceym18
3/21/13

anitae
11/4/12

I had Norton installed years ago and have never hesitated to renew...until my computer was hacked. They didn't find this out - I did. First thing I did was call Norton and they promised to take care of this...for a fee. A $300;00 fee and asked for my credit card. Well, I've hit hard times and could not believe the amount, and knew I couldn't pay it. I was trying to hide the fact that I was crying until the gentelman informed me that he needed the number to another credit card, because first one was rejected. No sense in hiding the crying anymore...I knew I was screwed and told him to forget it, I didn't have the money. Don't know if he felt sorry for me or if he was just a kind man or if he was to "get what he could" because he said he would take care of it for $100.00 now and $100.00 the next 2 months. Payment of $100.00 went through...he took care of hacker and I haven't heard another word about "payments". If this gentleman had not been so kind I would've rated Norton much, much lower. I do realize that he could've been just "getting what he could" but prefer to think he was simply a kind man. As far as Norton is concerned....kind of sleezy claiming to take care of attacks on your computer and then charging a ridiculous fee if your computer is attacked under their watch.

mattiem
11/1/10

i put my account in with them and thought that it was ok but my account is gone and i had 300 and some odd days left on it ,now my account is up an gone an they want me to repay for enough one on me,that suck by norton you got me this time but no more

Questions? Get answers from the Norton staff and other customers.

Norton?