Review of McAfee

Tel: +1-786-388-3900
sales@mcafee.com

valeriag6
4/30/18

es un programa no tan facil de usar, siempre esta pidiendote que te suscribas, siempre apareciendo carteles de comprar esto o aquello, y realmente no soluciona problemas sino...ohhh casualidad tenes otros que solo se soluciona con suscripciones caras. no lo recomiendo

tomc107
12/30/15

I have McAfee LiveSafe which is their most expensive security software suite at a whopping $89.99. It has the following problems:

1. It just stops working but you don't know it until for some reason you want to open the program (to do a scan or something) and it is unresponsive. To get it working you have to reinstall it. I have had to do this several times.

2. It says it works with all popular browsers. It has an app called SafeKey that is said to securely manage your site user names and passwords and auto fill them in. It does not work with Firefox without changing some settings which Mozilla Firefox does not recommend. I did it anyway. SafeKey works on some sites and not on others. Firefox does a better job of login management.

3. As of tomorrow, Dec. 31, 2015 they are eliminating SafeKey for another app called TrueKey which does not work with Firefox at all according to info. on the Web. If you go to the Firefox Website and do a search for TrueKey, "there are no results found".

4. Their email Support always goes to a error page when you submit it.

5. Their Chat Support keeps disconnecting always so it is impossible to use.

6. They have "Virtual Technician" software that is supposed to find and fix problems when LiveSafe stops working. It scans and finds problems and says it corrects them but the program still doesn't work and has to be reinstalled.

7. When I ran a free copy of Malwarebytes from cnet and ran a scan, it found issues McAfee had missed.

8. They have a clear SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" logo on their page where you enter your credit card info. and make the purchase. I have requested a refund as I am DISSATISFIED but they have refused.

I have filed a consumer complaint with the Better Business Bureau of San Jose, CA to try and get my money back as I have 210 days left on my subscription and have removed all the McAfee software in favor of Windows Defender, Windows Firewall and a couple of free applications from cnet. I have Windows 10 and a new Toshiba Laptop with a Core i7 processor and 12 MB of ram. So I don't think the problems with LiveSafe are my computer.

What more can I say, stay away from McAfee. I got along find for years with a computer with Windows XP, Avast free antivirus and a few other free apps from cnet. I don't why in a weak moment I opted for this terrible McAfee/Intel junk!

andreww78
3/10/15

I use McAfee for few years now. It works pretty well. McAfee blocks viruses regularly. Also it warns me of websites with possible malware that makes surfing pretty safe. Price is affordable. As for the cons, a few weeks ago I started to notice McAfee completely blocks my computer for a 10-30 seconds when updates itself. At the same time it consumes less computing resources than kaspersky on average.

locie
7/29/14

Had mcafee for more than 5 years, deep scanned my pc nothing is found all is great. scanned it with malwarebytes found alot of nasties. It also slowed down my new win7 i5 computer, customer service is not very good, takes a long time to find someone to help you with step by step guidance. The Online backup is a joke. Unable to uninstall after uninstalling everything with MCPR.exe, had to delete every registry key associated with mcafee. Too much time wasted, a positive bloatware and processor/resource hogger.

I don't recommend this to anyone.

sheilad2
1/12/14

Still not through cleaning up after the mess McAfee left in my computer. McAfee is very well-known for not doing clean installs, leaving remnants of their old software. They didn't do a clean install of my renewal...they didn't even update when I renewed. I had bits and pieces of McAfee, none of which protected my computer. Now, I've had to uninstall all their bits and pieces, clean up the viruses McAfee said I didn't have, and get rid of some malware, undetected by McAfee.
Save yourself some headaches and your computer from getting sick by never taking a chance on McAfee. Of course, all the problems I had happened after the "30-day" money-back guarantee! I'm out money for TWO renewals because I'm a novice and didn't realize until too late, after the damage had been done, that McAfee didn't protect me.

joep19
4/14/12

I use McAfee total protection and my PC is running fast. I had to use there customer service and they where very help full and fixed my problem fast and easy.

clived
1/11/12

This is a security website I use this website to protect my computer & laptop when I am using the internet ,I know there are lots of security websites like this one on the web & I know some people will say that there are better websites than this one but personaly I like this one its every one to there own choice.I have used the website for a few years now & I have had no problems with it I regard it as a very safe site to use I would reccomend this site to anyone looking to protect there computer or laptop.

johnd101
1/3/12

The customer service for this company is horrendous. You will get India, they will not understand your problems, they will try to sell you a service plan for $169/year, and they will refuse to connect you with America. The product lets viruses through and, when you try to get clarification regarding how to remove them, you get India again and another sales pitch. I had a 5 year subscription with McAfee and cancelled it.

hoangn
8/14/10

Mcafee is very bad. I paid for the sw, anually $60. and It did not protect my PC from virus,
After I did full scan, Mcafee did not catch anything. I called and it want $90 so why the hell someone want to buy the sw
Totally SUCK

bobbyn
9/22/09

I'm a comcast member but mcafee will not let me down load ,mcafee suite

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the McAfee staff and other customers.

McAfee?