Review of Mailjet

Tel: +61-899-498765
contact@mailjet.com

sofianes6
9/12/18

We have had an account with them since many years. This month and out of the blue they told us that our account will be closed and we should move to the new platform and open a new account there. We opened the new account and then suddenly they said they reviewed our application and they decided not to open the new account , for some shady reasons, without giving further explainations.

Probably because we didnt bring them enough revenue since we had our account and they want to focus only on big cats.

I do not recommend to use this platform. You can use a more reliable mail sending service like Mailchimp

Tip for consumers: Use other services like Mailchimp. Much more reliable

boba161
8/30/18

This has got to be the worst piece of garbage ever designed. 1and1 is forcing this piece of junk program upon their customers and it's so poorly designed totally NOT intuitive and confusing the choice of English words is horrendous a child could do better. It's been a nightmare and 1and1 has lost thousands of dollar but they bought into this $#*! before forcing it down our throats

javip
8/8/18

Stay away, customer services doesnt exists, absolute lack of ethics and honesty behaviour , wont recomend this company to anyone, really bad experience, get ready to lose your time and your money

paula323
7/10/18

Great tool, it has everything I need. Haven't experienced any issues with it yet but I have only been using it for a short time.

cindyg140
6/25/18

I'm a free user and I'm really happy with the options I have !! It's really easy to use and has lots of option for the design. I totally recommend it

alinet1
6/20/18

I really like to use Mailjet cause the newsletter builder is really easy to use. I can design my marketing newsletter every weeks using the same template. I just change texts and pictures in few minutes. It's also really a nice app to send all my confirmation emails. I've done it once and now everything work well and is linked to my website! And prices are really low and depend on my business growth. I highly recomand Mailjet!

henryd78
6/19/18

The email editor is really easy to use. The basic plan is also cheaper than others, and it also has a free plan, but it has a daily limit, though.

kateg88
6/8/18

Mailjet is a complete solution for sending newsletter. It is easy to use with clear and powerful tools. I like it!

charlottep59
5/31/18

Really like the drag-and-drop interface, very easy to use! Perfect to send the newsletters to our customers.

michaelj493
5/28/18

Perfect for beginners and starters. Easy to use and cheap prices. I have no skills in coding so the drag and drop editor really helped me out!

anniem113
5/27/18

Mailjet is the best solution I found. Many reasons for that: powerful editor, helpful support, and PRICES! The tool is really helpful. I switched from another provider and never regretted. Keep up the good work.

ranulfg
5/25/18

Pros:
- Their drag & drop editor is probably the best on the market; I have tried a number since and never found one quite as good.

Cons:
- Getting my account banned after using their service for over a year and a half, regularly upgrading my subscription with them (I had just upgraded to a 125 sub when my account was banned), and without warning.
- Not being informed that my account had been banned. I only realized that my account had been deactivated when I contacted the Customer Support (who threw me around like a hot potato) who finally informed that I had broken their terms of service.
- Not being able to get a straight answer out of Customer Support for days as to WHY exactly the account had been deactivated (even when giving me details they remained vague, unhelpful and said details were impossible for them to substantiate).
- Having to threaten to sue them to be given a few days limited activity (40 emails per hour, which is pittance) to change to another emailing solution.
- An overall terrible experience towards the end that completely soured any good faith I might have had for them until that point.

1/10 : would recommend using any other solution than their's to any colleagues.

mickd24
5/23/18

Mailjet's drag and drop tool is simply amazing. I create my campaign very quickly and without coding. It simply works perfectly.

dorisc55
5/20/18

Unstable, unpredictable and unreliable platform. You will lose your progress. You will lose your email campaign. You will lose everything you thought you saved. No images will be saved. The emails you send out will lose links with your customers taken to a blank page. Puerile and totally ignorant bot like support response with no sense or respect of your of time even if you mark it urgent. It is an ideal platform if you would like to damage your business, tear your hair out, Increase your blood pressure, feel helpless, waste time and close down your business.

adec3
3/10/17

Mailjet is a scam, DO NOT USE THEM. They suspended my account without even sending 1 email on the basis they considered my NEWS site not legal. I then said OK, just give me a refund and they said that they do not offer refunds because we broke the rules of their service. Under EU law, any fees paid within 14 days are fully refundable whether any side of the agreement cancel the deal . They are a EU Company but they totally ignore the laws. It is not about the money anymore, and more the principle of the matter that they are taking peoples money. I have prepared a petition and I need only 100 SIgnatures for someone from the EU Public Affairs unit to take action. If anyone wishes to join this, please write me here and I will email you details of the Petition. THEY ARE A SCAM AND IT HAS TO BE STOPPED

If anyone is considering this service, then i suggest you look elsewhere, these type of companies have no place in a digital marketing environment as they just tarnish other operators who do actually provide a good service.

Response from Mailjet T., Mailjet Representative
Hi Ade,

We’re sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our services. According to our Sending Policy (https://www.mailjet.com/sending-policy), failing to observe our guidelines will affect the ability to use our services. In Some cases this leads to a sending rate restriction, or temporary account suspension. Our sending policy is in place to protect the reputation of all our clients and their intended recipients. Please feel free to contact us at contact@mailjet.com if you have any concerns.

Kind regards,
The Mailjet Marketing Team
johng442
3/7/17

Been online since 1999 selling Tshirts and hats. Been using MJ for a about 1.5 years now, been happy with the pricing and service ( templates are kinda crap) but all in all ok. I actually recommend them all the time.

then 2 weeks ago i get an email that my account has been closed. Two weeks before that i sent out an email camp for a new hat we got ( i send out maybe once a month btw) in stock, mailed it and that was it, then this happens.

I have NO idea what the problem is/was and asked and this is how its gone so far
-------
Mailjet - "Unfortunately, your sending and activities on Mailjet seems to have triggered some of our security filters. We found many sign up activities from your domains.

I'm so sorry to advise that your account can not be activated."

--My reply --
John- "HI there, i am still not clear on exactly what the problem is, your answer is extremely vague.

I've been a customer for years and recommend your company to everyone i know. I have a t shirt and hat website and promote new products to my list that I've been collecting since 1999 when the site opened.

I clean my list before every mailing to remove invalid emails and complainers, so unless you have a problem with military hats ( my last campaign) i have NO IDEA what the issue is.

So I'd like a definite answer as to what the problem is.

Also:
You are saying "Unfortunately, your sending and activities on Mailjet seems to have triggered some of our security filters.
- what security filters, what do you mean ?
- "seems to have" so your not sure either ?

"We found many sign up activities from your domains."
- again what does this mean exactly, please clarify ??

"Our Compliance team has reviewed your account and decided that we won't be able to provide you any service. The Team has the right to reserve what they have found."
- WHAT DID YOU FIND which is a problem?

I still have no idea whats happening here, please explain in laymen terms so its clear. "

---- their latest reply to explain the reason for canceling the account ---
Mailjet - "I tried to contact the Team and they confirmed that based on some general risks that our system detected, we are so sorry to advise that we can not provide any service for your sending.

We are obligated to follow specific procedures and we can not reveal all internal information.

The team do have a right to reserve what they found though I tried my best to get all information. :(

I'm so sorry that your account is closed.
Best
Terri"

-------

I emailed again just now asking to at least send my list I've accumulated since 1999 so i can move on.

No REASON given as to why they closed the account.
This is just unacceptable, complete bull$#*! IMO, if your going to cancel an account explain way, if i knew i did something wrong, then i wouldn't do it.

Just be aware that they will not give me access to my list or campaigns, complete waste of my time here and now loosing money and no idea why ?

Response from Mailjet T., Mailjet Representative
Hi John,

We're sorry you've experienced difficulty using our services. Please email us your ticket number at contact@mailjet.com so that we can see how we can resolve your situation.

Best,
The Mailjet Marketing Team
borisr15
2/23/17

Their automated system had blocked our account after 2 years of using them without even notifying us via email or phone. We only found out about 1 month later that our emails were not going out. They have caused us a loss of over $2000 and offered one month free for the inconvenience. Stay away from them.

Response from Mailjet T., Mailjet Representative
Hi Boris, we're sorry you've experienced difficulties using our services. Please email us at contact@mailjet.com so we can see how we can resolve your situation. Kind regards, The Mailjet Marketing Team.
antem
12/19/16

Very good software and stats - low price.

asdasda7
12/14/16

warning This mailjet is scam service!

i paid them and just after payment they blodked my account!!!
I havent even sent one email. Be aware, this is scam!!!! I have all screenshots

mailjet are scammers!!!

Response from Mailjet T., Mailjet Representative
Hi Asdasd,

We’re sorry you feel this way, we take the sending reputation of our clients very seriously, which is why we ask for all our clients to comply with our sending policy. Our support team proactively work with non-compliant clients to ensure they adhere to our sending policy before being allowed to continue using our service.

Please feel free to contact us at contact@mailjet.com to understand your case further.

Kind Regards,
Mailjet Team
johns1352
6/22/16

They can't tell the good guys from the bad guys. If you are a small company or an individual they treat you like you are a criminal. I wasted hours on this service, they slowed down my emails, they stopped sending them ALL DURING A HUGELY CRITICAL TIME IN MY MARKETPLACE.

Mailjet single handedly compromised my quarterly results. DO NOT USE THEM.

joed108
6/2/16

STAY AWAY FROM MAILJET.com!!!

They attract customers with their "Free" basic service which has some limitations for example in terms of daily sent emails. Then when you want more features and you upgrade your account to the paid service, this is where problems comes with Mailjet.

I never had any issue sending newsletters with their free service. But after subscribing to their paid service, I sent 1 newsletter and Mailjet.com immediately terminated my account while I had not even finished to send the newsletter and without any notice! (they closed my account after sending about 200 emails on the 500 in the email list), I had to contact their "support" team (which is quite incompetent, unprofessional and quite rude by the way) who said that I "breached their policy". They were unable to provide more information than those words, proof of their incompetence. I read their policy several times and found out that I did not breached any point of their policy and that they therefore did not have any good reason to terminate my contract, especially because I never had any issue when sending newsletter using their free service. If I really had breached their policy, they would have terminated my account when I was sending my newsletters using their free version, wouldn't they? Of course not. They wait that you take your credit card and make your first payment before their close your account.

I will now have to take legal action against Mailjet (but I dont care. I am a happy subscriber of a legal insurance so the procedure wont cost me a cent, and since I am retired from my internet revenus I will have plenty of time to take the case where it has to go).

I encourage everyone who experienced the same issue with Mailjet.com to take legal action against them and to share the negative reviews all over the web, especially in the social medias such as Facebook, twitter, youtube, VK, etc. This is the best answer we can give to their mediocrity.

If you need a SMTP service, just skip Mailjet.com from your wish list and simply look elsewhere, anyway be assured that you cant find anything worst than Mailjet.

paulb252
4/29/16

It just does not work correctly -- Their new designer looks great -But ALT image text does not send and also the image resize incorrectly when they hit an email client before image download. So your incoming email will look terrible -- I reported it - took them two weeks to not respond

Just use another service .

richarda85
2/19/16

My account was compromised and they were sending out up to 1000000 (one million) emails per hour on my expense. Fortunately my bank cut the account and nothing was lost. After repeated emails about this all you get is "Our Technical Team is Looking into it"! Had this several times and I assume the place is ran by dorks.

After this we actually reviewed sending out emails and found that on a sample of 500 emails sent only about 32 where getting through. Most bounced, classed as spam or just simply blocked at the other end. Personally I wouldn't bother with a mailing list as people get "list boredom".

In a word....don't bother

ab3210
12/30/15

MailJet is not responsive at all and when your account has issues, they do not assist you! I would HIGHLY recommend using another mail server!

damienp3
11/19/15

I was a basic user and I paid $7 for the service and it didnt have problems and when I paid $20 and started to send out emails they suspended my account 1st week and the email list I have made is owned by me and not third party. They were pointing out bounce issues and spam issues. and bounce issues which were less that 5% the support team doesnt even know the difference in spam and bounce. Like Mailchimp their system should block all emails which bounced and not suspend the user stealing money.

Reply from Support of Mailjet

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

I would like to confirm that your contact list SHOULD contain only contacts who subscribed to your website and verify their email address as well as their willingness to receive your newsletter.

Doing so, you can be sure that the email addresses you get from them are valid and they will not mark your emails as spams (since they verified their willingness)..:)

Therefore, it would be better if you can have a list with active subscribers.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,
Hoang

The support doesnt know the difference in Spam vs Bounce. They are just scammers. They suspend your account when they realize that we are not going to finish credits. Their initial revenue model is a loss and they are trying to earn money from excessive emails. When a user exceeds monthly quota thats when they will get revenue. They are solving their internal matters by suspending users.

PLEASE AVOID AND NEVER EVER PAY FOR THIS HOPELESS SERVICE. SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA AND USE A BETTER SERVICE. THIS IS USELESS.

Questions? Get answers from the Mailjet staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Mailjet