Review of Gmail

Mountain View, CA 94043, US
Tel: +45 33 70 26 00

monaa24
2/11/19

Does what I need it to. I like the separation of my mail. I catch very important mail if Im in a rush or I can check whats on sale under my Promo label. Spam detector is almost always on the mark. Its what I recommend to all my clients.

thomash484
1/22/19

They extort money from the contestant ,stealing money lying all the time breaking promises . The only way l can prove this is to show all the receipts I certify that l am telling the truth.

Tip for consumers: For two years l have been sending money to brian Hay no he has lied and extorted money from telling me my prize money is ready to be sent just send 1500 $ l send the money he says the money was to late to get to the agent ,brianhay107@gmail.com if you have the authority to arrest this evil person please don't hesitate .I have never been so loow in my life and was very very angry after all his lies .

josephb150
12/12/18

Google forced the new Gmail on me. It will not finish loading. It starts loading and then freezes. Other people are having the same problem. Google will not let me use the old Gmail. Google has made using Gmail a negative experience. I am closing my Gmail accounts and switching to another email provider.

jenniferb696
11/30/18

Synchronize well with all my devices. Easy to change password and reinstate account if something goes wrong.

louiser76
11/27/18

I've been using gmail since I understood what a computer is. It is very easy to use and protects me from spam very effectively which is something not all email providers can do.

jamiej89
11/10/18

I've been using gmail for a few years now for a variety of purposes - mostly work or registering to other websites. It doesn't get spammed as much as other providers and the filter is great for those that do come through. Its also categorized into main, social and promotion so you can focus more on the important letters and just mass delete in the categories that are not that interesting.

jenniferr429
10/26/18

Gmail is so easy to use and have more programs included combined. Not only can I save files to my Gmail account, I can create files and other things. Awesomeness. Would definitely recommend.

nguyenn13
10/2/18

I recently tried to sign into my gmail account, because I could not access my skype. I tried to sign in and I thought I forgot my password. I tried to do the recovery, turns out that my alternate email has been changed and I could not get the code to access my account. I tried to contact google and I tried talking to someone about it and they told me that the only way to recover my account is by doing the recovery online. They did not have a department for recovery and so I have ALL my contacts on skype and I cannot access it now. Now someone else is using my gmail account, with my contacts on there!!!! Highly disappointed!!

shaynep4
8/25/18

Customer support hung up on me and told me i had to pay him money to Get my acc back. I changed my recovery number an dhave a confirmation code that it was changed. It still has my old phone on file and never made the change. All my pictures, bussiness doc, everything were on Google. They stole all my information. Charged my cards now for apps i dont even use. Bank is filing fraud charges on google for me. Got my money back thanks to First community credit union. I have handed all my info over to the police and filed a report also have my call l9ogs always recorded on my bussiness phone.

johnm2244
8/18/18

A solid yet easy to set up system - simple to work with system which is even suitable for an old timer like me. Probably not over extending the system capabilities but it works for me

emilyb241
8/8/18

I wish there was an automatic organizer on it with more tabs because my spam and important emails collide and its hard to find things I need, but in general Gmail is pretty good.

js460
8/8/18

I wish there were some additional ways to filter my messages into tabs, rather than folders, but overall this is a good experience. I have a lot of storage space, and appreciate the free account.

jimmyj60
7/2/18

I can't imagine using any other emailing service. Lately, however, I've been concerned about Google's use of customer data for purposes outside the knowledge of the user. Ads & Data Mining are just but the few of many concerns.

charlesa74
6/12/18

I opened a gmail account when it was still an "invitation only" service.

It's been very reliable for me. The best part is the spam filtering. I also have a yahoo account, which apparently has no spam filter at all. It is now so overloaded with crap that I never even check it.

ashleyf103
5/21/18

Professional email service provider with great flexibility and usability interface. The only issue is that there's a limited space per user. I really genuinely thought Google would take it a notch higher on this. Can't win them all

tonyf64
5/11/18

Google is generally my #1 preferred search engine & I have always loved my EMail account until I found out that they track everything I do & if I did not have so many important things tied into my gmail accounts I would delete them & use my own domain for email. Sadly GMail is tied in to so many things now days like most phones, youtube, and a lot more so if you do not have a gmail account your pretty much screwed. Never had a problem with my email, and even now Google is still my #1 choice for searches & other features like translate, images, email, and so on. I don't hate them, I just do not agree with their tracking people. Just seams a bit shady.

richardn137
5/8/18

It is okay when you use that on your phone or via webinterface. At the same time if you have email client and have it installed on your laptop - their security system will warn you several times and you will not get access untill you confirm that via web interface. Traveling - getting new IPs and every time you will have to go to the web interface to confirm. But when you have phone app you will never be asked.

adrienc8
5/1/18

I like Gmail because I feel safe, but I had a problem with sent emails. I mean I'm sending emails but it doesn't send. I don't know what to do...

harryh43
4/30/18

It's great that gmail integrates with my cell phone and all that, but really as an email interface it's kind of bulky. Folder and msg-contact handling interface is much more intuitive in Yahoo. I keep my gmail account only because I get one with my phone.

bonaventuree
12/7/17

It is almost everything to me starting from ensuring safe communication, storing of vital documents, superb synchronization to almost being a phone.

jamesp358
11/19/17

I started having an issue with gmail the other day. I try to send a friend an email and she doesn't get it so I go through my sent messages and forward them to her for her to get them. I called custom service and they arguing that I have to pay for them to help. Why should I pay for a $#*! up on their end? When I asked to speak to a American they didn't have anyone.

christinem18
9/20/17

The only problem that I have with gmail is that sometimes the ads are a bit too creepy and sneaky ...

ryano34
9/15/17

Google has a lot of apps and stuff but you get 15 gigabytes of data and there are other applications like google drive,docks, slides, sheets and google photos. Google has high security but maybe to high but it is a good company. I suggest you To make a google account.

chrisp218
8/23/17

Unhackable. I wont ever swtich back to yahoo again - it was stolen from me like ten or fifteen times...

dinar26
8/12/17

Its sucks and there are no security questions when registering. I'm locked out filled out 100 recovery forms then I'm told "Can't Verify this person. I know my password. I still can't get in someone else has my old phone number.

152 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Google has just added Google Voice to Gmail, adding Voice over IP to the video/audio chat option and allowing you to call any phone number directly from your Gmail account page. Calls to the USA and Canada are free, and international calls start at 2 cents a minute. If you aren't in America, though, you don't get this new feature, presumably because Google has no agreement to use phone numbers in any other country. Setup should be relatively easy. I had some hassle with Adobe Air suddenly popping up and crashing all over the place, but that seems to have sorted itself out now. Probably a result of running old software or the wrong software or both, on my old laptop. It all seems OK now and I had no trouble creating a Google phone number for myself (which will ring all your real-world phones, if you want it to). If anyone's enthusiastic enough to post a comment, what do you think about this new feature? Google can transcribe your messages already, are you at all concerned that Google will now be able to scan your conversations for nefarious purposes in future? It already has the capability to record every interaction you have with any of the Google services, so why not take it a step further? There is a page on the new launch at Lifehacker: http://lifehacker.com/5622470/eight-clever-ways-to-take-advantage-of-free-calling-in-gmail Note that secretly recording a phone conversation is illegal in most places and can get you into serious trouble, though I doubt very much if this will also apply to Google scanning a call without actually recording it or having a real person listen to it.

Questions? Get answers from the Gmail staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Gmail