Review of Lush

Poole, DOR, GB
2017 Customer choice award

lukem154
11/15/18

Well, I tried it. It wasn't that bad. But I honestly expected better quality as I was told by some people. Anyways, it's good.

dianat83
10/29/18

like my title says, i love Lush for their bathbombs... other stuff, not so much. Their prices are not cheap, but i do think you get really good quality on the bath bombs, so I give them credit for that.

annikae1
10/11/18

Love the body butter they sell. Best bathbombs I've ever used. They last in the bast for a long time and the color doesn't just disappear into the water.

tl100
9/26/18

Lush is for people who like to think they're neo-hippies, or hipsters, or bougie, or better than thou. There's lots of those people in SF, LA, NYC, etc.

Neither the store nor the products are really my thing - nor is it most people's thing. The stores are very boutique, intimidating, and upscale in a hippie/pretentious Vancouver way. If you look like the right type, associates will be all over you - like in any other store. But if you don't fit this narrow range of looks/ethnicity - associates are likely to ignore you, be condescending, and assume you know nothing about their products or bath & body products in general.

Sometimes Lush employees try to do their job and do greet me and even offer a demonstration. That's probably going against their natural inclination to ignore and look down on me - but sometimes they're new employees trying to make an impact, or their managers have really driven it in their heads to help all customers, not just some of them.

I remember looking at the solid fragrances at the counter forever, sniffing all of them. An associate was right in front of me and ignored me forever. Finally, I asked if they had any of the spray fragrances, and the associate sneered in the most condescending way possible, "Those aren't allowed in California." And nothing more - no offering to help me decide on a fragrance or anything - it was as if my mere presence was so disgusting to him, he failed to do his job as an associate, and was degrading to me, to boot.

In general, their products are very annoying and niche, in a pretentious hippie dippie sort of way. Sorry, but it's better to buy henna and indigo elsewhere for a tiny fraction of the price, and no need to go through all that crap melting it in a pot, either.

They have a lot of bad stuff - the Fairy Dust, scented in a toddler bubble gum way, just gets into my nose - too powdery. Their moisturizers, facial cleansers/balms, and pretty much everything else - is just meh to bad. They have a few good products, like some of their soaps - and some amazing scents like the Godmother. But overall, the whole vibe of Lush is just exclusionary, hipster, hippie, and hateful. And oh yeah, their stuff is overpriced - that's necessary for a store and associates to be so stuck-up.

I'm an easy star-giver, so I give 2 stars, despite so many awful products and service. A few products/scents are good, they are very innovative and unique, and once in a while, employees do bother to interact with me on their own.

Tip for consumers: If you look like the right type, by all means, go to their stores. Employees will be all over you. But if you don't look like you fit into an upscale, white, Millenial, hippie, hipster vibe - prepare to be ignored, treated condescendingly, and assumed to know nothing about their overrated products.

timc294
9/20/18

I used it few times, I wouldn't say it was perfect but nothing special. I make a home-made cosmetics that is better sometimes.

ameliar31
9/13/18

Lush cosmetics is a must-have in every girl's makeup bag! I have never tried any product better than from this brand. Not only it smells awesome but also each product is of superb quality. Definitely, would recommend at least trying Lush body scrubs.

clarar37
9/10/18

The bath bombs and the bath oils are amazing and smell like tour bathing in heaven!! I love the butter cream bath bomb and the laffy taffy bath oil smell great

jennyn39
8/28/18

I have never use any product like this, the other product were just a bad quality but not this one. I think you guys should check this out because it's very useful for any hair that are got damage or dry hair.

alices160
8/26/18

I'm alternatively new to Lush cosmetics however I'm already in LOVE. Their shops are so high-quality - the piles of bathtub bombs, soap and a variety of bottles of one of a kind sizes...it's absolutely something one cannot forget. I have not tried any of the scrubs but the grapefruit bathe gel used to be fantastic!

sallyc91
8/15/18

Love the body butter they sell. I understand everything they sell is cruelty free and not tested on animals which is a HUGE PLUS! There's a store by where I live and I stop by whenever I can to pick up something new :)

alexiaa7
8/12/18

I love all of there products and each one is soo creaitive and smells amazing. The bath bombs are to die for and so are all their other products.

schelbyh
8/7/18

All lushes products are animal cruelty free and are handmade my individual people and they actually get to put the name of the creator on th product it's super unique and their products are great!

emilyb241
8/6/18

Best bathbombs I've ever used. They last in the bast for a long time and the color doesn't just disappear into the water. Its nonstaining too.

brianw376
8/3/18

I ordered several products from Lush and one arrived, well, melted. It was summer time and I didn't know that could happen, but some of their products don't travel well in the heat. Anyways the girl was sincerely the nicest customer service person I've ever spoken to. She resolved my problem and while we are all quick to complain I just felt I had to give a shout out on a very positive experience.

lyac
7/29/18

The best beauty company ever, specially their face mask and body gel.Lush is like heaven on earth in liquid form.

peterr250
7/23/18

Wife loves everything from lush, keeps her happy. Happy wife happy life. Brill products, I have used some of the skin products n they work wonders

milliew13
5/28/18

Always love this place. Lush is like heaven on earth in liquid form. Love love love, ! Intergalactic and Mask of Magnaminty are my favourites.

mariaf152
5/18/18

Fresh honest products, fighting animal testing, happy helpful sales people, fair prices. Never have I been to Lush without feeling very satisfied and happy with my shopping experience.

sitarab
3/6/18

I'm rather new to Lush cosmetics but I'm already in LOVE. Their stores are so incredible - the piles of bath bombs, soap and various bottles of different sizes...it's definitely something one cannot forget. I haven't tried any of the scrubs but the grapefruit shower gel was fantastic!

loraw9
12/22/17

I have been purchasing Lush products for over 10 years. There are a number of their products that I have just loved (bath bombs and bubble bars, facial scrubs solid shampoos), but all but one of my favorite bath bombs and bubble bars have been discontinued, some after just a short period of time! VERY frustrating. Some of the products, like the shower gels are VERY expensive and you need to pay close attention to the size of what you are getting. Fortunately, the still make the Ocean Salt facial scrub and all three of the solid shampoos that I like. Unfortunately, only one of my favorite bath bombs still exists.

alexg186
11/29/17

very good quality pf products,quck delivery service. I'm a regular customer and will definitely recommend it to my friends

emilyk64
11/8/17

I really love their products but they are simply too expensive. At best, I can get something for a friends birthday, but never anything for me

rajua4
10/23/17

it is useful to every one.

I've bought from Lush countless times, and I have never been disappointed in a single product! I love their bubble bars and bath bombs, but the massage bars they offer are also awesome and the scent lingers all day. I always try different bath lines and keep coming back to lush over and over.

daisyd19
10/7/17

These are the top-notch cosmetics for me. I`ve been using these since two months ago and so far found something good in different items like shampoos, soap etc. They make it really good and at a really reasonable prices per item!

andreat61
9/25/17

22 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Lush staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Lush