Lilygown

Lilygown has a consumer rating of 1 star from 16 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Lilygown also ranks 336th among Clothing Other sites. The most common issues with Lilygown are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I bought a dress from Lilygown for £82, it arrived and looks nothing like the picture.
How would you rate Lilygown?

“Avoid at all costs. They refuse refunds for faulty items”

Louise S.
6/4/20

My Mum ordered a dress and jacket for my sisters wedding, it arrived with pulls in the dress and doesn't fit properly (it is far too big). The matching jacket is too small. They've refused a refund and suggested that mum finds a local seamstress to alter the dress and fix the pulls in the lace of the dress, and find some matching fabric to make the jacket larger so she can wear it. Not what you'd expect, and not fit for purpose. After several emails they still refuse a refund. They also go by JJ Gowns. Avoid at all costs, a complete scam

dress (15)
louises203
June 4th, 2020
richardb1716
March 8th, 2020
No refund given for an order that didn't turn up. Absolutely terrible, customer service is a joke - avoid at all costs.
helenm462
June 14th, 2020
I paid £20,yes silly I know, for a dress which came and was at least 2 sizes too small, horrible material and dodgy zip. Have been trying to send back and get refund due weeks....they email me with new questions every 2 or 3 days....DO NOT use this website...lesson learned sady at a cost of over £100
gilll8
July 1st, 2020
Ordered 2 dresses which arrived faulty and the colour was wrong they would not accept a return I sent over 100 emails everyday they came back with different amounts they would refund me. They tried to tell me it would Cost me more money to send it back than I would get refunded I advised them I work for a Hong Kong company and we have an office in China and it does not cost that much they kept arguing with me saying I have to pay for the seamstress time and they have families to feed! Absolute disgrace of a company luckily I managed to claim back from my credit card but avoid at all costs the whole company is a scam!!!
trevors136
March 19th, 2020
My wife orederd a dress from Agown.co.uk. The dress arrived two months later which was 4 weeks later than promised. The dress was the wrong colour and size, but when we tried to engage their return policy they simply stopped coresponding with us. They were quick to take our money, but there is no after sale interest. Be warned DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ROBBING COMPANY. They are based in China so we can do nothing about it.
oliviap187
April 13th, 2020
Do not buy from here! The worst experience and customer service! They are a scam. Ordered a dress that was nothing like the pictures, the dress smelt awful. They do not do your required measurements my dress had an extra 10cm hanging of my back. Asked for a refund as it's quality related and they refused and told me to get it fixed with my own money. They also kept it going for so long that I then would have to pay for shipping which was £60. Don't waste your money. They also have many websites with different names and changed the name so be careful.
michelles1293
May 26th, 2020
I am yet another victim of this company. With the UK website I believed I was buying in the UK so ordered a dress for my daughters prom at 89.99. After reading lots of positive reviews on their website I was hopeful and excited. It arrived and was covered in white cotton like it had been washed with a tissue and also too large. I like the others on here do not like to complain but after asking for their returns address and for a refund of my money because the dress is faulty I do not seem to be any further forward. I feel so sorry you those of you that have bought them for weddings and hope that you are able to get some of the cost back. I am now proceeding a claim through my bank to see if there is anything they can do to help.
mahnaza1
March 14th, 2020
Unfortunately, I was defrauded because I did not read the comments before shopping online because of my joy for my wedding date, but the shock was when I received the dress, it was completely different from the image. It was pic of garbage .
My wedding is postponed due to my psychological condition, but I sent email to to the Chinese embassy, I thought that the company is in UK, but after receiving the dress I discovered that it is Chinese. I hope everyone will take care and not shop online from unknown companies.
I will pay for another dress and I lost a lot of money but hop & Pray to God that this company and its branches be closed, and the embassy move against them
luciel22
April 14th, 2020
Horrendous company. The dress arrived over 3 weeks late and when it did it looked nothing like the image. Absolutely shocking and disgusting dress. I paid £195 for this dress and now having difficulty getting a refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
jessh80
October 21st, 2019
I bought a dress from Lilygown for £82, it arrived and looks nothing like the picture. We've exchanged multiple emails and the most they're offering me is £20! Pleading with me to keep the dress as my return postage will cost more than the £60 difference!!

Absolutely horrendous. Do not waste your money

Tip for consumers: Don’t!

dianae100
May 22nd, 2020
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE _ WRONG SIZE _ NO RETURN OF MONEY!

Hi guys. I have ordered a wonderful wedding dress, with big hopes for it. I received it approximately a month over the promised date, which wouldn't be so bad as I understand postal transfer issues etc. Unfortunately the dress does not fit it as it should, even though I purposely ordered it a size bigger in order to ensure that if required it can be fitted in and avoid any chance of returning it. However upon trying on the dress, i could barely get into it and cannot zip it up at all (appropriately 10 cm gap). I assure you that I have not gained weight or provided the measurements wrong, as had them checked number of times by myself and a friend. Furthermore I even lost 2 kg of my initial weight since ordering the dress. Thus, wrote a nice email to Lily gown asking to return due to size issues, and to be honest have had number of emails of nothing but trouble since, being accused of providing the wrong measurements. Now its been 33 emails and Lily keeps copy pasting her last email of how difficult it will be to return the dress, money loss and offering me 10% refund only. THIS IS RIDICIOULOUS for a £200 dress. Please note, all I want is just to return the dress and have no intent of messing around with the supplier as that has never been my intent. I genuinely dont believe i will be able to return the dress or will receive any refund as Lilly has done nothing but been very unhelpful and accusing in her emails to me. I am now stuck with a dress that is too small for me. I normally never write a bad review however I do not think I am treated fair. I would never ever recommend Lilly Gown to anybody planning of buying a dress from them, think twice before ordering!
Poor service, unhelpful staff and unpleasant treatment of customers! Furthermore this has put me off of ever ordering any dress online. Lilly, hope this review really makes you rethink of how you treat your customers and the service you provide. I will get another dress, and even if I lose the money it won't impact my big day too much on the big scale, however as a business owner you must take responsibility of your actions and if this is how you treat your customers normally, you should perhaps reconsider of how you deliver.
cindys664
April 27th, 2020
This company is a cheating scam.They just launched in 2020. They are registered in China / HONG KONG. They pretend they are a UK based company and provide a faulty UK number contact number on website.
Unfortunately, I'm yet another victim who purchased a dress from this website recently. It was for a wedding and they advertised that it would be delivered on time.The dress arrived a month later than promised!
I have spent weeks trying to return but they are completely dismissive and obstructive. They pretend that they are dealing with the complaint but never take it forward.
The return policy is NONEXISTENT. They NEVER ACCEPT RETURNS.
I then decided to contact the customer right UK law and relevant authority. But as they are based outside EU, there is no protection.
I really want the UK Authority people to close this website now before anyone else is deceived. They are not just CHEATED, LIAR and UNPROFESSIONAL online website.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE.
PLAESE FORWARD ALL THESE REVIEWS TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA
TO WARN EVERYONE NOT TO BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE.
oliviac134
April 21st, 2020
lilygown.co.uk and agown.co.uk are the same thing. I tried to leave a review on the actual website for agown, but all reviews have to be approved by the company before posting - and unsurprisingly, mine was not approved.
I CANNOT stress this enough. They are not based in the UK. It is a Chinese company posing as a UK-based company. The products are TERRIBLE QUALITY and they do not actually accept returns! I have spent the last WEEK fighting with them to give me the return address so that I can return a faulty product, and they refuse to even tell me the return address!
SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE.
gretac16
October 19th, 2019
This is a complete con. Paid£133 for a dress with express delivery extra. It arrived late, zipper won't budge so I couldn't try it on. Contacted the company and tried to return the faulty item and 60 emails back and forth since I have had nothing. They are fraudsters and I have reported them to the police. NEVER BUY FROM THRSE PEOPLE, they are dishonest on their website, nothing is true.
wendyf105
September 15th, 2019
I ordered a dress size 22 when it came it was too small after numerous emails back forth all they refunded me was 60.00. I paid 115 in total. I couldn't send the dress back they wouldn't give me an address. I had to wait 4 weeks for my refund.DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE. THEY ARE FRAUDS!!!!!
angelal255
September 3rd, 2019
My friend ordered a dress which is nothing like the picture advertised, wrong length, zip doesn't work - this company has several names including Nancy Gown, Lily Gown, Shopwig, Needwig....the list goes on.
We have an agent in Hong Kong who has spoken to the police in Hong Kong and the police have a form you can complete to report these people to the Online Business Fraud dept -

We have tried to return the dress but Lily refuses to accept the return. She has only offered £25 refund on a dress that cost £106.99. These people need reporting to the Hong Kong police every time they scam money from people.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Lilygown staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lilygown?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about Lilygown?