Review of LegalZoom

Over 10 years helping millions of customers
Learn More

hassans13
10/7/14

PIECE OF TRASH SERVICE... YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO WAIT HOURS TO CONNECT WITH SOMEONE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE... I WISH THIS LEGAL ZOOM SHUTS DOWN... THEY CHEAT YOU, MONEY MAKING GIMMICKS BY THIS CHECK BOX DAT CHECK BOX...

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Hassan, it is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. I would like to help you with a resolution. Please contact me directly at Chyna@lzserve.com.
samantham21
10/6/14

Please never use LegalZoom. I have never before encountered such unethical service via the web, nor have I ever before encountered such awful customer service. This business is not consumer-oriented at all. First of all, there is no way to cancel your order or subscriptions via their site. If you request cancellation via e-mail, they tell you they will respond within 24 hours, but it takes them days to respond. Then they tell you that you have to call to cancel. When you call, you are on hold for large chunks of time. I finally spoke with a customer service rep, Yolanda, who told me she needed to transfer me to a "specialist" to cancel my order. I've been on hold now for 30 minutes. :( And they also pile on lots of hidden fees and subscriptions. Be very careful.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Samantha M,

I would like to extend my sincerest apology in regards to your less than pleasant experience with LegalZoom. I would be happy to assist you with an immediate resolution. Please contact me directly at Chyna@lzserve.com.
courtneyb31
8/28/14

I feel tricked. Ordered "name change" paperwork for $140 on 8-15. I filled out a lot of fields on the website telling what I wanted to do with my name. On 8-20 I received an email saying my papers had been mailed to me. On 8-28 still no documents. So I called. Thirty minutes (!) on hold wondering if I had been scammed. Finally someone picked up and said I should wait longer on the US mail --Really?! I begged for them to just email the documents, and they did. I thought I would get documents that were filled out appropriately with the info I had given. Instead I got the EXACT SAME blank form available at my county court website- FOR FREE! Please learn from my stupidity. Do not pay this HORRIBLE scam company for something you can quickly get for free for yourself.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from "Legalzoom"!!

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Courtney B.,

We are sorry about your experience with us and would like to make things right. Contact us at Chyna@lzserve.com for assistance.

daniellet2
4/11/14

Absolutely livid. My husband and I have used LZ for years (3 times in a 12 year span) and this time seemed to go smooth like the rest...until I realized they tacked on a monthly recurring charge for "Business Advantage Renewal" for $7.99! Now, before you think "yeah, you just missed that upsell/pre-ticked box in the form" I must say, I'm a marketer - I've been in the Internet marketing industry for 12 years now, I know what to look for and I'm telling you - I didn't see anything that said I would be enrolled in anything nor would I have had any interest in any form of renewal consumption service that they could possibly offer.

We're calling customer service, but we're not naive enough to expect a refund, and even if we got one - we don't care, this is SHADY, SHADY, SHADY and I'm going to tell anyone I can. I will not only never recommend LegalZoom again, but they lost what would have been a lifelong customer and anyone I could possibly refer.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Danielle,

We are sorry to hear that you were being charged for a service that you were unaware of. If you specified you did not want to participate in the subscription plan, that's our mistake and we would like an opportunity to make things right. Please contact me directly at Chyna@lzserve.com
matthewr22
3/31/14

I could give them zero stars if I could. The operating agreement they sent was out of date and had stipulations that do not apply to the state I live in. Run away these guys are awful and when you try to get help its joke.

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Matthew,

We apologize about the experience you had with your LLC documents. Contact us at Chyna@lzserve.com so we can resolve the situation for you as quickly as possible.

saulb13
3/15/14

This company failed to mail me my will. They claimed they sent it. If so, my info is floating around somewhere. When I insisted on a refund they did send it by second-day mail. It was not worth it. Go to a lawyer. Legalzoom does not honor its ads. Stay away

Response from LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Hi Saul,

We're sorry about your experience with your Will. Please contact us at Chyna@lzserve.com so we can look into what occurred and resolve the situation for you.

sharonm34
7/8/13

I used LegalZoom one time to get power of attorney over my dying father and LegalZoom Continued to charge my card monthly for some bogus Advantage Plus membership that I never signed up for. It took me a while to realize I was being charged. When I called to get a refund I was told they would refund half of the money. If you use this company for anything at all beware of auto charges on your credit card for things you did not sign up for.

gregy
5/6/13

I used Legal Zoom to write my own will. It's pretty cheap and easy and then I paid a real attorney to look at it to make sure it was okay. He made some minor changes but thought it was pretty decent. This is the Legal Zoom link http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-wills/wills-overview.html

georgec46
5/2/13

I used LegalZoom in the past and although it might be a little pricey with all the extra features you can add-on, they provide a good service and help you navigate legal issues if you're trying to incorporate or dealing with other legal issues by yourself. It's definitely much cheaper than hiring a lawyer and they actually have a service where you can consult with lawyers. I don't like how they try to upsell you constantly to some of their services. The idea of paying for the service every month for years I might not use too much just doesn't vibe well with me. But I guess for some, that's the cost of doing business.

The site itself is pretty easy to use and I haven't had any issues with it. I like the design and it is actually pretty easy to navigate and when I had to call in, the customer service rep was pretty good and helped me figure out what I needed to.

richardp23
12/29/12

very helpful site

davidj16
2/17/11

I tried to file a small claims with legalzoom for the state of Florida. I paid $69.95 and received court forms. No filing and no serving, just one page prepared form for broward county with instructions on how to file and how to serve. I could of done this myself.

There are more comprehensive companies out there that can conduct the complete service; dear consumer do a little more research. I would refer www.civiltree.com; i had great experience with them and they handled everything. Also check out www.smallciams123.com.

ikaikac
4/25/10

They like to make like its so easy and fast quite the opposite,long complicated and no help from them at all.They charge top dollar and have the worst service i have ever seen or expirienced.STAY AWAY

ama9
7/22/09

I have had several last will and testaments prepared for myself and family members with Legal Zoom. This company has great customer service even after the sale. If I went to an attorney to have my will prepared the cost would be around $700 in my state, it only cost $119 at Legal Zoom. I've had the wills examined by three attorney friends and they gave a thumbs up to the preparation and appearance of the final product. All wills are prepared according to the laws of the state that the customer resides, so everything is legal and up to date. I would not hesitate to use Legal Zoom again, I highly recommend this company.

Hi Carol, we also offer legal plans where you can speak directly with an Attorney that can help with any advice or legal questions about your trust. Contact us directly at 1-866-738-2980. We are happy to help get you started.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Jason, we are happy to assist you and talk about our LLC packages & process anytime. Feel free to email us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Analisa, we are here to help and happy to answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to contact me directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

It is very important to us to try and improve the situation when there has been a misunderstanding or dissatisfaction with our service. We are constantly striving to ensure the satisfaction of each customer & we are willing to review any concerns for resolution. Please feel free to reach out to the social media manager directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Susan, we are happy to answer any questions or concerns about our product & process. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Today is July 20. 8am. I called Legal Zoom's phone support 800 773 0888 AGAIN. I got the same automated response that their agents are busy. I waited for several minutes. Nada. Left my return call number. lets see if they will call back. Really? at 8 am and everybody is busy to take a call. I understand they start the help line at 5 am. Still, they do not return calls. Since a Legal Zoom staffer monitors these pages, I might as well ask my question here: I recently filed an application for incorporation in CA. I got the paperwork from the Sec of State. It says its been filed. The information at the Sec of State website says my Corp is active. I understand I am to pay the State an $800 registration fee. When am I suppose to pay this. Nobody's billing me yet. I agree w Stan L. LZ is a great idea but poor executed.

By G A.

Hi Philip, we are happy to discuss our packages & pricing anytime. Please feel free to contact us directly via help@legalzoom.com.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Andres, yes we can assist you with both dissolving your current LLC and the filing of your new LLC. Please feel free to email help@legalzoom.com with any questions or concerns, thanks.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Adam, it is LegalZoom's goal to provide its valued customers with exceptional service during every interaction. All comments and experiences are important to us; we appreciate and welcome feedback. We have many satisfied customers and we are very happy to answer any questions or concerns. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-733-0888.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative

Hi Carol, we can absolutely help you with setting up a living trust. Our packages start at $249.00 or you may benefit even more with an estate plan bundle. Call us at 1-866-738-2980 for more information.

By LegalZoom S., LegalZoom Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LegalZoom staff and other customers.

2 Photos for LegalZoom