LegalTemplates

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

LegalTemplates has a consumer rating of 4.63 stars from 388 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. LegalTemplates also ranks 3rd among Legal Services sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 88.5%

• The trial period although short was just long enough to see all that was offered.
  • I was surprised to get such a quick response from Danny U.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

• There are plenty of other avenues one can use to get legal advice or documents that don't involve POOR customer service.
  • Website falsely claims that you can create a FREE document.
How would you rate LegalTemplates?

“Legal Forms at it's Finest”

Colt W.
9/5/19

The expectation i had with this website is way beyond great. I tried out the 14 day free trial plan offer to search for a Lease/Rental Agreement that i could use for my business. It was so easy to create and the form looks absolutely professional and everything is just written out so systematically. Also, it let's you choose either in MS Word or PDF for it to be downloaded. I would certainly use your services in the future. Keep on helping people who are in need of your website.

“DO NOT USE - AUTO SUBSCRIBE AND NO REFUNDS”

Brian C.
6/24/20

Seeing how many reviews they have that are all 5 stars makes me think they were purchased...These crooks would not cancel my subscription and then refused to provide a refund after auto subscribing me to their shady services. Also, their contracts are garbage. Look elsewhere since the quality of these is about as good as any free source online.

customer service (136) trial period (16) danny u (13) credit card (12) lease agreement (9) refund request (6) customer service rep (13) customer support (12) refund process (7) 14 days (5) document (75) excellent customer service (15)
brianc1613
June 24th, 2020
davidh4296
July 28th, 2020
I used their service once during the trail. Since then they have charged me $790 without a single notification or receipt. Last email I got from them was in December 2019, not a single notification sent out that they are charging me $40 every single month. I Called them and would get no help what so ever, their business model is built on quietly stealing your money.
brin3
September 10th, 2018
Legal Templates was a fantastic resource for a real-world business class in college. We needed to essentially create a business from the ground up with read data, real financial information and a real marketing plan. This site helped me walk through the process, understand the data I was entering and gave me an incredible foundation to learn from and enable me to start my own business with confidence in the future. Thank you Legal Templates!
alim152
August 3rd, 2018
I do have to say using their tool was easy, but be cautioned that when you sign up for a trial account they will bill you $39.95 monthly automatically. I didn't realize this and they have dinged me for several months. They have no interest in working with me on even one month's credit. Disappointed. I'd probably go elsewhere next time given that this content is probably identical on another site.
coltw1
September 5th, 2019
jesterw
July 16th, 2019
I started looking for websites that could provide to me the best commercial lease agreement online. When i crossed over Legal Templates, i was hesitant at first since they offer a 14 day free trial. Too good to be true, but wow!!, it does give you all the necessary documents you may need on a wide selection of different forms you can choose from. I was amazed and it is a great website to use. Just make sure to cancel within the given 14 day free trial period to avoid the monthly charge. Highly recommended. Thank you Legal Templates.
tabithas9
June 28th, 2017
Juan was outstanding. I clicked on the chat. I was upset because the template causes me to use a credit card and I do not have any kind of card to use for these things. Juan was very polite the entire conversation and even took the time to email me a blank copy of the Lease Agreement in which I needed ASAP! He even made sure that I checked my email so he knew if I received it! Thank you Juan and again sorry for snapping at you! (I hope that you get to see this too!)
kristalj1
May 11th, 2018
There are many legal documents available. The website was user-friendly, and especially helpful to me since I find legal jargon very difficult to understand. You can customize the documents to your uses. Customer service was helpful as well. Just be sure to cancel your subscription in time if you only want to check it out for the free period. The monthly subscription price is too high in my opinion.
christophers387
August 1st, 2019
Go look at every single review..notice how every single person that reviewed also reviewed only one other business and they did so on the same exact day to make their accounts look more legit and boost another company at the same time! This company wouldn't let me cancel and charged my card two months in a row without my permission and after I had asked to cancel. That's why they have to buy all these fake 5 star reviews. What a joke!!
nicolef141
December 5th, 2018
I signed up for a free trial. I appreciated the program and was able to use in on several issues for our business. However, being a small business I didn't need it as often as I thought.
Legal Templates was gracious with my cancellation and helping refund the months amount.
Thank you. Will use again in the future upon extended business adventures.
jillr56
August 14th, 2017
I appreciated Danny U helping me with my refund. As Phillip B stated on 7/17/17, I do think you should be clearer with your subscription policy by emailing people when you charge them.
garyk77
July 31st, 2017
This is an excellent product, very easy to use and very professional. I created one family legal document the day I signed up with LegalTemplates which was reviewed by a lender who accepted it as sufficient. Unfortunately, while I thought I was using a one time free trial I was billed for the month of August without warning on the day my 14 days free trial expired. Juan understood and submitted this for a refund. If that goes through I am very satisfied and will recommend the product to others.
mickg18
August 20th, 2019
Easy to find legal documents that offers a 14 day free trial. What i like most about the website, is how the format works perfectly with how you prefer your document to look before printing. Also, downloadable in MS Word form which makes it a whole lot easier to edit and adding your own stuff. Keep helping your customers. Your website is great!
sonnyb20
August 6th, 2018
I cancelled my service with Legal Templates and on the same day they charged for another month of services. I used two templates in four months. Nothing the last two months and they charged me another month. Douglas at customer services really had no common sense about customer service and stated he did see where the problem was. Not a way to run a business but I guess with the internet services now days, it really does not matter with this company. Suck the money out out of customers no matter what.
gailr80
November 30th, 2018
Wonderful site for what is up there. Super good LIVE CHAT help. Would use this site again when they add more templates.
lindae155
May 18th, 2018
Chris was super helpful and gave concise directions regarding obtaining a refund. I was however, surprised my credit card was charged mid-day on day 14 of the 14 day free trial rather than the following day. I cancelled on time, but had to jump thru a few hoops to get a refund. I'm glad it only took one call to Chris.
annw188
August 16th, 2018
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They will charge your credit card even if you cancel their trial within the allotted time frame and then tell you you can get a refund if you leave a positive review for them. It is extortion. I refused to leave a positive review and they told me I would not be receiving a refund, even though I canceled my trial well within the allotted time frame. The Better Business Bureau is looking into this very shady company.
shellyp20
August 15th, 2017
Not sure why a review is required to speed up my refund. Seems a little strange to me. Without a review I was told it would take 15 days for a refund and with a positive review it would be much quicker. Not a good way to do business.
robinc113
January 30th, 2018
Lisa E. took my call and was very pleasant and helpful. I do not use legal templates though I had the occasion to do so several months ago. The forms are easy to use and easy to modify. I just dont need them. I had sent an email trying to cancel this in Dec. She refunded me Dec. and Jan. monthly charges and was super pleasant along the way.
I will come back in the future if I need this service. thanks!
Robin Yeakel
Sothebys International Realty
*******@sothebysrealty.com
*******406
jamesy102
August 11th, 2019
Simple website and easy to use. Great customer service. Easily got what I needed. Great value and highly recommended.
aliciac124
October 28th, 2018
Not bad. Just couldn't find a template that worked for what I needed specifically and would pass in court for my state
williamm850
November 7th, 2018
Website falsely claims that you can create a FREE document. After they make you go through the whole process and sign up, they then say you have to start a TRIAL membership or pay $59.95 for the document...
pb73
July 9th, 2017
I purchased a template, then they continued to bill me a monthly fee of $39.99. It me 3 months before I realized it (which is my oversight), however, they refused to reimburse me, even, though I had not used their service during that time.

If you are going to use this one time, only purchasing a template, shop elsewhere, they are not ethical in their billing practices.
stevenw312
July 29th, 2019
this company/website just helped me with all the question & documents i needed when i am in a situation of how/what/where...sorry it took me for a while to leave this review but you deserve this! thank you for helping me legal templates. I will surely recommend this website with all my friends esp those who are experiencing what I have experienced before.
brieannas
August 8th, 2017
Benjamin was very helpful in resolving a billing conflict. Making my template was easy and quick. Getting out of the recurring billing was challenging but once I got a hold of the right person he states he will make it right and process a refund, which was greatly appreciated.

Hello Sandy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our website. In order to better serve you, please provide us with your customer ID (you can locate it under Account Information) or email address you used when you registered your account. For the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. support@legaltemplates.net, or call (800) 242-6680 Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm EST. I look forward to hearing from you.

By Juan A.,

Hello Daniel, The Trial Plan is free for 14 days. Unlimited download in Word and PDF format (no water mark) and access to our complete library of personal and business legal forms with the ability to cancel at anytime if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use).

By Juan A.,

Hello Mark, Please contact our customer service support, available M-F, 10 AM 6 PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Juan A.,

Hello Maria, Our customer service is available M-F, 10AM 6PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Juan A.,

Hello Nina, Thank you for your engagement with Legal Templates. You can print/download unlimited documents once you register for the 14 day free trial. We do not charge cancellation fee. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

By Juan A.,

Robin, if you wish to cancel your pro subscription simply login to LegalTemplates.net and click on your email which is on the top right hand corner and then click on "My Account". Scroll to the bottom where it says Plan Info, you will then see a button called "Cancel". Once you have clicked on the "Cancel" button, you will be sent to a screen that indicates that you have successfully cancelled your subscription and it will provide the date on which you will no longer have full access to our website. If you do not see this screen, your cancellation is not successful and your account will continue to auto-renew. These instructions are also located on your sales receipt. You can also talk to us via LiveChat, click on Contact Us > LiveChat, call us at 1-800-242-6680 from Monday-Friday (10AM-6PM EST) or you can email us at any time at support@legaltemplates.net. Best regards, Benjamin, C.

By Benjamin C.

Thank you for reaching out to us John. We offer 14 Day Free Trial and you can cancel within 14 days without payment obligation. https://app.legaltemplates.net/products

By Juan A.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the LegalTemplates staff and other customers.

Fast and easy Free Legal Forms crafted by licensed attorneys. Save time and money by creating and downloading any legally binding document in minutes.

juana103
Juan A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalTemplates?

Have a question about LegalTemplates?