LegalTemplates

Trustpilot
4.8 / 5
Better Business Bureau
4.6 / 5

LegalTemplates has a consumer rating of 4.5 stars from 405 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with LegalTemplates most frequently mention customer service, free trial and credit card.LegalTemplates ranks 5th among Legal Services sites.

This company responds to reviews, but usually not within the first month

• Thank you again for great customer service, it is rare these days.
  • I signed up for the free two week trial period as I only needed on document.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate LegalTemplates?

“Legal Forms at it's Finest”

Colt W.
9/5/19

The expectation i had with this website is way beyond great. I tried out the 14 day free trial plan offer to search for a Lease/Rental Agreement that i could use for my business. It was so easy to create and the form looks absolutely professional and everything is just written out so systematically. Also, it let's you choose either in MS Word or PDF for it to be downloaded. I would certainly use your services in the future. Keep on helping people who are in need of your website.

“They dont know what free means”

Robert D.
2/21/22

This site is really, really $#*!ing dumb - don't advertise as free when you are so very clearly not. If I had to waste my time for that bull$#*!, your review score is going to suffer.

customer service (138) trial period (16)
robertd3442
February 21st, 2022

Hi Robert,

My name is Betty, and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for LegalTemplates.net.

Thank you for reaching out to us via SiteJabber. I read your review, and we want you to know that we take every comment and feedback received very seriously.

I want to apologize for your experience and rectify this situation as soon as possible. I can offer you a list of options to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly. Here is my e-mail address.

gianm18
April 1st, 2022

If someone reads the comments and reviews they will see that this site has a very bad rating and scammy behaviour / policies. Don't waste your time there

Hi Glan,

Thank you for reaching out to us via SiteJabber. I read your review, and we want you to know that we take every comment and feedback very seriously.

I apologize for your experience and will rectify this situation as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me directly, here is my e-mail address.

Legal Templates Team

jacobh497
April 14th, 2022

This site is a data mine! Beware that your data is not safe and WILL be sold, they hide the options to prevent this from the account page, making you jump though hoops to have your account delete, info not sold, and for even data request. They will not help you over email support and will just link to PDF with instruction. PDF are not safe when you do not trust the person send them, they can hold exploits to steal more info from your computer itself! Stay away and save your data AND money!

The option to not sell your data is a very small button at the very bottom of the page, that takes you to a larger page with a a button hidden in the middle of the page that then takes you to a hidden page with the data options, none of these options are clearly. Located anywhere in your account page aswell as no clear option to have your account delete. This site complies, but its hidden pages and lack of references in the main profile page makes me think they do not want to comply and want you to have to work at figureing out how to not have your data sold.

This site is a data mine, its very easy to tell, YOU are the product to them ontop of them running shady billing practices.

Tip for consumers:
Do not use it, they will sell your data by default.

richardm3397
March 7th, 2022

I was lured onto legaltemplates.net by "free" forms and thought I had cancelled and didn't notice right away that I was being charged $39.95 a month. I was told I had agreed to the terms and conditions when I called and asked about getting a refund. They taught me a lesson. I would use someone else for your forms.

Tip for consumers:
That it's hard to cancel after you sign up, so don't sign up.

Form

Hi Richard,

Legal Templates Team

coltw1
September 5th, 2019

tedp102
August 26th, 2021

Good luck trying to cancel your "free trial" within the 7 days, they wouldn't do it for me. I tried numerous times to cancel online & they would let you go thru two steps, the third they would give you an error message "cannot cancel, try again". I sent them messages to no avail. Be careful when you sign up with these guys, they'll ignore you until AFTER your trial has ended & you've been charged their monthly fee. Do not recommend!

Tip for consumers:
Do not believe them when it says “free trial with right to cancel”. You may have the right, but you will not have the ability.

A form

jesterw
July 16th, 2019

I started looking for websites that could provide to me the best commercial lease agreement online. When i crossed over Legal Templates, i was hesitant at first since they offer a 14 day free trial. Too good to be true, but wow!, it does give you all the necessary documents you may need on a wide selection of different forms you can choose from. I was amazed and it is a great website to use. Just make sure to cancel within the given 14 day free trial period to avoid the monthly charge. Highly recommended. Thank you Legal Templates.

judithr516
January 5th, 2022

Didn't cancel the service immediately as requested. Only needed the one document. If you can't provide written proof of cancellation (it's done over the phone), they continue to charge until you catch them. Would not provide any refund without an email from client stating that you are accepting this in full and would not require any other refunds for the many months they charged beyond the cancellation. Requested to speak to a supervisor who was actually worse than the customer service representative. Thanks for nothing "John."

Don't use this service. Period

Products used:
Printed one resume for my 16 year old son. Was charged every month from then on even though I cancelled immediately after printing the one document.

Hi Judith,

karinw55
April 28th, 2021

LegalTemplates has refunded my money. So I think I must reconsider their website as not calculating.

Tip for consumers:
Cancel the day after if you don't wish to use it any longer.

Legal Templates

passs
January 4th, 2022

Claims to be a "free template site" then after you've spent all the time filling out the form, then they ask you for your credit card info. Pass.

Hello,

dans1511
January 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

I signed up for a free trial in August 2019 and incurred $ 639.29 of recurring monthly charges for a service that was never used outside of the free trial and was mistakenly forgotten. When the charges were discovered, the legaltemplates.net support team provided no sympathy refusing to refund any of the charges beyond the current month despite the ability to see there had been no user activity for the entire billed period.

1). Legaltemplates.net provides no monthly invoice, statement, or receipt.
2). Legaltemplates.net uses a third party billing system of a different name that is easy to overlook on a monthly credit card or bank statement.

Of course the customer is responsible for cancelling but these two points suggest legaltemplates.net purposely bait customers to sign up for free trials and conceal the recurring charges. In the case of this review, 16 months of charges occurred without a single email from legaltemplates.net. This is wrong.

Legaltemplates.net could easily make this right by accepting a partial refund but refuses to do so. Legaltemplates.net advertises a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their website. It's unfortunate that a fair compromise offer for an honest mistake was rejected.

ashleyj410
May 26th, 2021

The website says there will be a $39.95 charge at the end of the 7-day free trial. I cancelled my trial immediately to avoid charges however, the fee was instantly charged to my account. Customer service said it was to "remind me to cancel my free-trial" and that I should see my refund in 24-48 business hours which has still yet to come nearly 4 business days later. False advertising of a "free trial" Wish I had never found this site.

rikkec1
October 12th, 2021

I did their free trial and cancelled. I received a notification on their website that it was cancelled. I did not receive any other documentation. I found out that they use a third party to bill your card monthly and after 6 months, I finally figured out who they were. They refused to refund me and knew very well that I had no proof of the cancellation. I have reported to the FTC.

Tip for consumers:
Don't give them your credit card. EVER.

Products used:
Nothing. They had nothing I needed.

alim152
August 3rd, 2018

I do have to say using their tool was easy, but be cautioned that when you sign up for a trial account they will bill you $39.95 monthly automatically. I didn't realize this and they have dinged me for several months. They have no interest in working with me on even one month's credit. Disappointed. I'd probably go elsewhere next time given that this content is probably identical on another site.

kenneths937
October 18th, 2021

I used Legal Templates once over a 18 months ago during week free trial and immediately declined future use.
I kept getting billed monthly T $39 per month so emailed them several times in August 2020. They replied Covid had slowed their ability to respond but would look into the issue.
I admit I should have been checking my CC account monthly but did not.
I now know they have kept billing me every month for past year!
Since they don't respond, I just canceled my credit card and have been scammed for over $500 for my free trial.
Ken Schaeffer

brianc1613
June 24th, 2020

Seeing how many reviews they have that are all 5 stars makes me think they were purchased... These crooks would not cancel my subscription and then refused to provide a refund after auto subscribing me to their shady services. Also, their contracts are garbage. Look elsewhere since the quality of these is about as good as any free source online.

davidh4296
July 28th, 2020

I used their service once during the trail. Since then they have charged me $790 without a single notification or receipt. Last email I got from them was in December 2019, not a single notification sent out that they are charging me $40 every single month. I Called them and would get no help what so ever, their business model is built on quietly stealing your money.

philb264
September 29th, 2021

I am certain I went through the steps to cancel my "free trial" the day that I tried this website. It wasnt what I was looking for so I immediately cancelled only to find out 5 months later that I have been charged over 200 dollars with zero use of their services or their website. What kind of a con website charges after a "free trial" and sends no emails, no receipts, no statements? I will tell you, this is the type of website/business survives on deception and shotty legal terms to protect their murky business practices. Stay away from this website/business at all cost. I will be reporting to the BBB as well.

christophers387
August 1st, 2019

Go look at every single review. Notice how every single person that reviewed also reviewed only one other business and they did so on the same exact day to make their accounts look more legit and boost another company at the same time! This company wouldn't let me cancel and charged my card two months in a row without my permission and after I had asked to cancel. That's why they have to buy all these fake 5 star reviews. What a joke!

teresap125
August 30th, 2018

My name is Teresa Parker. As I was cancelling my trial period, I saw where I was being billed within the same hour. I called, spoke to a very kind and understanding young man, Douglas who helped me tremendously, gave me a confirmation number and reassured me that I could get a refund. As I explained to Douglas, I am 100% disabled and live on less than $500.00 a month and can in no way afford this service. It is a very good service and I will recommend it to family and friends. Your/his understanding with this matter is appreciated more than you know. Thank you again for your help! Sincerely, Teresa Parker

annw188
August 16th, 2018

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They will charge your credit card even if you cancel their trial within the allotted time frame and then tell you you can get a refund if you leave a positive review for them. It is extortion. I refused to leave a positive review and they told me I would not be receiving a refund, even though I canceled my trial well within the allotted time frame. The Better Business Bureau is looking into this very shady company.

jonathans941
November 9th, 2020

This site will offer you a free trial - but then continue to charge you $40 a month for months on end - they never send receipts so by the time you realize it - you would have lost hundreds of dollars.

pauld1286
August 3rd, 2020

I created an account with LegalTemplates in October of 2019. I signed up for the trial account and cancelled a few days later. I received no notification email confirming my signup and subsequent cancellation of the service. Fast forward to July and I notice my credit card has been billed each month since October(9 times total). Not once did I receive a an email or notification about any of the monthly charges. I believe the lack of notification alone is a violation of California's Auto Renewal Law(SB 313). I contacted the company directly regarding this matter. They said they could"refund 3 of the 9 payments and that was all their accounting system could do". At this point their refund offer/excuse is unacceptable. Based on the many similar complaints I'm seeing, it's clear that LegalTemplates has a business model that's based primarily on continuity billing profits.

aracelim34
November 29th, 2021

WHEN A COMPANY DOESN'T HONOR MONEY BACK AND GET REALLY GREEDY INSTEAD AND FIGHT YOU TO STAY SUBCRIBED FOR $39.95 A MONTH FOR NO REASON, YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT KIND OF COMPANY THEY ARE, NOT ETHICAL AT ALL! THE REPRESENTATIVE THAT ASSISTED ME 11/29/21 AT 11:39 AM PST BY THE NAME OF ANDY FOUGHT ME TO REMEMBER MY EMAIL, I SAID NO I DON'T RECOGNIZED THE EMAIL YOU ARE MENTIONING, HE SAID 3 TIMES "ARE YOU SURE?" LIKE IF I'M LYING. AFTER I SAID NO THAT'S NOT MY EMAIL BUT I'M JUST CALLING TO DISPUTE $80 CHARGE ON MY ACCOUNT, HE SAID SORRY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND. I SAID OK I WILL CALL MY BANK. HE SAID "ITS OK TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE" LOL. STILL NOT SURE WHAT HIS POINT IS BUT REALLY NASTY AND MANIPULATIVE PERSONALITY. I SAID "I DON'T NEED YOUR SERVICES I AM A LANDLORD WHO HAS A PROPERTY MANAGER FOR ALL LEGAL NEEDS SO I DO NOT NEED YOUR TEMPLATES. HE SAID PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR PAGE, WE HAVE LOTS OF LEGAL TEMPLATES, THEN SAID SORRY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MONEY BACK. I HAVE NO WORDS JUST THAT THIS COMPANY IS AN EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION FOR SURE.

ambere38
November 14th, 2018

Easy to use templates, super accessible with many options to choose from. The monthly fee is a little spendy though.

I tied legal templates for one item that i didn't use on 8/1/19 ,i was charged 1.00 on 8/1 , 39.95 on 8/1 and 9/3 39.95. i need a # to call

Hello Sandy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our website. In order to better serve you, please provide us with your customer ID (you can locate it under Account Information) or email address you used when you registered your account. For the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. support@legaltemplates.net, or call (800) 242-6680 Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm EST. I look forward to hearing from you.

By Betty K.,

Hi. i need to prepare a prenuptial agreement. how much will it cost me to print a version that does not have the watermark?

Hello Daniel, The Trial Plan is free for 14 days. Unlimited download in Word and PDF format (no water mark) and access to our complete library of personal and business legal forms with the ability to cancel at anytime if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use).

By Betty K.,

When is my card billed for the first time?

Hello Mark, Please contact our customer service support, available M-F, 10 AM 6 PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Betty K.,

I have been trying to reach you by phone and have not been sucessfull have called a coupe of times, i just tried to reach out too you by phone at 10:5

Hello Maria, Our customer service is available M-F, 10AM 6PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Betty K.,

Hello, can i print out my document today? also if i cancel on day 7 which is within the 14 days will i be charged a cancellation fee? thanks

Hello Nina, Thank you for your engagement with Legal Templates. You can print/download unlimited documents once you register for the 14 day free trial. We do not charge cancellation fee. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

By Betty K.,

I would like to cancel this monthly charge of $39.99. i am transferring to a different job and no longer need this service. how do i cancel? thank you robin degeronimo

Robin, if you wish to cancel your pro subscription simply login to LegalTemplates.net and click on your email which is on the top right hand corner and then click on "My Account". Scroll to the bottom where it says Plan Info, you will then see a button called "Cancel". Once you have clicked on the "Cancel" button, you will be sent to a screen that indicates that you have successfully cancelled your subscription and it will provide the date on which you will no longer have full access to our website. If you do not see this screen, your cancellation is not successful and your account will continue to auto-renew. These instructions are also located on your sales receipt. You can also talk to us via LiveChat, click on Contact Us > LiveChat, call us at 1-800-242-6680 from Monday-Friday (10AM-6PM EST) or you can email us at any time at support@legaltemplates.net. Best regards, Benjamin, C.

By Benjamin C.

I want to create a free lease agreement for some land i may or may not get a lease on. i do not want to sign up for a monthly charge program. i have no problem paying a one time fee but not monthly?

Thank you for reaching out to us John. We offer 14 Day Free Trial and you can cancel within 14 days without payment obligation. https://app.legaltemplates.net/products

By Betty K.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the LegalTemplates staff and other customers.

Fast and easy Free Legal Forms crafted by licensed attorneys. Save time and money by creating and downloading any legally binding document in minutes.

Betty K.
Usually responds not within the first month

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalTemplates?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.5
Have a question about LegalTemplates?