LegalTemplates

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

LegalTemplates has a consumer rating of 4.61 stars from 396 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with LegalTemplates most frequently mention customer service, free trial and credit card. LegalTemplates ranks 3rd among Legal Services sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%

• Thank you again for great customer service, it is rare these days.
  • I signed up for the free two week trial period as I only needed on document.
  • 2018 Customer Choice Winner

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate LegalTemplates?

“Legal Forms at it's Finest”

Colt W.
9/5/19

The expectation i had with this website is way beyond great. I tried out the 14 day free trial plan offer to search for a Lease/Rental Agreement that i could use for my business. It was so easy to create and the form looks absolutely professional and everything is just written out so systematically. Also, it let's you choose either in MS Word or PDF for it to be downloaded. I would certainly use your services in the future. Keep on helping people who are in need of your website.

“DO NOT USE - AUTO SUBSCRIBE AND NO REFUNDS”

Brian C.
6/24/20

Seeing how many reviews they have that are all 5 stars makes me think they were purchased... These crooks would not cancel my subscription and then refused to provide a refund after auto subscribing me to their shady services. Also, their contracts are garbage. Look elsewhere since the quality of these is about as good as any free source online.

customer service (136) trial period (16)
brianc1613
June 24th, 2020

davidh4296
July 28th, 2020

I used their service once during the trail. Since then they have charged me $790 without a single notification or receipt. Last email I got from them was in December 2019, not a single notification sent out that they are charging me $40 every single month. I Called them and would get no help what so ever, their business model is built on quietly stealing your money.

dans1511
January 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

I signed up for a free trial in August 2019 and incurred $ 639.29 of recurring monthly charges for a service that was never used outside of the free trial and was mistakenly forgotten. When the charges were discovered, the legaltemplates.net support team provided no sympathy refusing to refund any of the charges beyond the current month despite the ability to see there had been no user activity for the entire billed period.

1). Legaltemplates.net provides no monthly invoice, statement, or receipt.
2). Legaltemplates.net uses a third party billing system of a different name that is easy to overlook on a monthly credit card or bank statement.

Of course the customer is responsible for cancelling but these two points suggest legaltemplates.net purposely bait customers to sign up for free trials and conceal the recurring charges. In the case of this review, 16 months of charges occurred without a single email from legaltemplates.net. This is wrong.

Legaltemplates.net could easily make this right by accepting a partial refund but refuses to do so. Legaltemplates.net advertises a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their website. It's unfortunate that a fair compromise offer for an honest mistake was rejected.

ashleyj410
May 26th, 2021

The website says there will be a $39.95 charge at the end of the 7-day free trial. I cancelled my trial immediately to avoid charges however, the fee was instantly charged to my account. Customer service said it was to "remind me to cancel my free-trial" and that I should see my refund in 24-48 business hours which has still yet to come nearly 4 business days later. False advertising of a "free trial" Wish I had never found this site.

karinw55
April 28th, 2021

LegalTemplates has refunded my money. So I think I must reconsider their website as not calculating.

Tip for consumers:
Cancel the day after if you don't wish to use it any longer.

Products used:
Legal Templates

jonathans941
November 9th, 2020

This site will offer you a free trial - but then continue to charge you $40 a month for months on end - they never send receipts so by the time you realize it - you would have lost hundreds of dollars.

alim152
August 3rd, 2018

I do have to say using their tool was easy, but be cautioned that when you sign up for a trial account they will bill you $39.95 monthly automatically. I didn't realize this and they have dinged me for several months. They have no interest in working with me on even one month's credit. Disappointed. I'd probably go elsewhere next time given that this content is probably identical on another site.

pauld1286
August 3rd, 2020

I created an account with LegalTemplates in October of 2019. I signed up for the trial account and cancelled a few days later. I received no notification email confirming my signup and subsequent cancellation of the service. Fast forward to July and I notice my credit card has been billed each month since October(9 times total). Not once did I receive a an email or notification about any of the monthly charges. I believe the lack of notification alone is a violation of California's Auto Renewal Law(SB 313). I contacted the company directly regarding this matter. They said they could"refund 3 of the 9 payments and that was all their accounting system could do". At this point their refund offer/excuse is unacceptable. Based on the many similar complaints I'm seeing, it's clear that LegalTemplates has a business model that's based primarily on continuity billing profits.

jillr56
August 14th, 2017

I appreciated Danny U helping me with my refund. As Phillip B stated on 7/17/17, I do think you should be clearer with your subscription policy by emailing people when you charge them.

coltw1
September 5th, 2019

jesterw
July 16th, 2019

I started looking for websites that could provide to me the best commercial lease agreement online. When i crossed over Legal Templates, i was hesitant at first since they offer a 14 day free trial. Too good to be true, but wow!, it does give you all the necessary documents you may need on a wide selection of different forms you can choose from. I was amazed and it is a great website to use. Just make sure to cancel within the given 14 day free trial period to avoid the monthly charge. Highly recommended. Thank you Legal Templates.

tabithas9
June 28th, 2017

Juan was outstanding. I clicked on the chat. I was upset because the template causes me to use a credit card and I do not have any kind of card to use for these things. Juan was very polite the entire conversation and even took the time to email me a blank copy of the Lease Agreement in which I needed ASAP! He even made sure that I checked my email so he knew if I received it! Thank you Juan and again sorry for snapping at you! (I hope that you get to see this too!)

mickg18
August 20th, 2019

Easy to find legal documents that offers a 14 day free trial. What i like most about the website, is how the format works perfectly with how you prefer your document to look before printing. Also, downloadable in MS Word form which makes it a whole lot easier to edit and adding your own stuff. Keep helping your customers. Your website is great!

christophers387
August 1st, 2019

Go look at every single review. Notice how every single person that reviewed also reviewed only one other business and they did so on the same exact day to make their accounts look more legit and boost another company at the same time! This company wouldn't let me cancel and charged my card two months in a row without my permission and after I had asked to cancel. That's why they have to buy all these fake 5 star reviews. What a joke!

shellyp20
August 15th, 2017

Not sure why a review is required to speed up my refund. Seems a little strange to me. Without a review I was told it would take 15 days for a refund and with a positive review it would be much quicker. Not a good way to do business.

sonnyb20
August 6th, 2018

I cancelled my service with Legal Templates and on the same day they charged for another month of services. I used two templates in four months. Nothing the last two months and they charged me another month. Douglas at customer services really had no common sense about customer service and stated he did see where the problem was. Not a way to run a business but I guess with the internet services now days, it really does not matter with this company. Suck the money out out of customers no matter what.

brin3
September 10th, 2018

Legal Templates was a fantastic resource for a real-world business class in college. We needed to essentially create a business from the ground up with read data, real financial information and a real marketing plan. This site helped me walk through the process, understand the data I was entering and gave me an incredible foundation to learn from and enable me to start my own business with confidence in the future. Thank you Legal Templates!

brieannas
August 8th, 2017

Benjamin was very helpful in resolving a billing conflict. Making my template was easy and quick. Getting out of the recurring billing was challenging but once I got a hold of the right person he states he will make it right and process a refund, which was greatly appreciated.

stevenw312
July 29th, 2019

This company/website just helped me with all the question & documents i needed when i am in a situation of how/what/where... sorry it took me for a while to leave this review but you deserve this! Thank you for helping me legal templates. I will surely recommend this website with all my friends esp those who are experiencing what I have experienced before.

jaysaz
June 20th, 2017

There was no email reminding about the end of the free trial. There were no emails each month indicating they had charged my card. There wasn't even an initial email regarding the initiation of my account. I had used a card that I don't monitor very closely, so it took me 3 months of charges to realize I was still paying. I had even set a reminder for myself to cancel it, but since I couldn't find an email, I didn't follow up on my own reminder until I noticed the charges. On the flip side, their customer service, especially, Danny, was very good about getting my last month refunded, and obviously it was my fault I didn't cancel which is why they are getting 3 stars.

bettyh67
January 27th, 2018

It was very nice to speak to a real person, Charles, was very professional, informative as well as fast. He did not toy with the policy of the company or try to bully me into keeping the subscription. I truly appreciate him being helpful and kind. Perhaps, he should be the trainer for others in the company. I am sure you will get a better retention of customers and reputation. Seize the day Colossians 4:5 MSG

andreas631
September 2nd, 2019

I felt like a pro in creating and finishing up my real estate documents! It was really easy. Plus, they have the most courteous and helpful staff. Will surely share with my friends. Thank you!

annw188
August 16th, 2018

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. They will charge your credit card even if you cancel their trial within the allotted time frame and then tell you you can get a refund if you leave a positive review for them. It is extortion. I refused to leave a positive review and they told me I would not be receiving a refund, even though I canceled my trial well within the allotted time frame. The Better Business Bureau is looking into this very shady company.

meganc58
June 21st, 2017

Good templates but emails with when off of trial would be a nice notification to get. I was told they would close my account and return payment that is pending now I am told to send an e-mail to get payment credit refund processed after I write a review.

krm1
July 28th, 2017

Benjamin dealt with me fairly and I appreciated his honesty and calm demeanor. I would rather spend $5 US for a legal form than to have to call to have my credit card refunded almost $40 US.

Hello Sandy, I want to apologize for the experience you had while using our website. In order to better serve you, please provide us with your customer ID (you can locate it under Account Information) or email address you used when you registered your account. For the meantime, I wish to rectify this situation ASAP. Please contact me via e-mail so I can offer you a prompt resolution. support@legaltemplates.net, or call (800) 242-6680 Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm EST. I look forward to hearing from you.

By Juan A.,

Hello Daniel, The Trial Plan is free for 14 days. Unlimited download in Word and PDF format (no water mark) and access to our complete library of personal and business legal forms with the ability to cancel at anytime if you do not need it after that period (See Terms of Use).

By Juan A.,

Hello Mark, Please contact our customer service support, available M-F, 10 AM 6 PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Juan A.,

Hello Maria, Our customer service is available M-F, 10AM 6PM EDT Phone: (800) 242-6680 Email: support@legaltemplates.net You can also contact us via LiveChat

By Juan A.,

Hello Nina, Thank you for your engagement with Legal Templates. You can print/download unlimited documents once you register for the 14 day free trial. We do not charge cancellation fee. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

By Juan A.,

Robin, if you wish to cancel your pro subscription simply login to LegalTemplates.net and click on your email which is on the top right hand corner and then click on "My Account". Scroll to the bottom where it says Plan Info, you will then see a button called "Cancel". Once you have clicked on the "Cancel" button, you will be sent to a screen that indicates that you have successfully cancelled your subscription and it will provide the date on which you will no longer have full access to our website. If you do not see this screen, your cancellation is not successful and your account will continue to auto-renew. These instructions are also located on your sales receipt. You can also talk to us via LiveChat, click on Contact Us > LiveChat, call us at 1-800-242-6680 from Monday-Friday (10AM-6PM EST) or you can email us at any time at support@legaltemplates.net. Best regards, Benjamin, C.

By Benjamin C.

Thank you for reaching out to us John. We offer 14 Day Free Trial and you can cancel within 14 days without payment obligation. https://app.legaltemplates.net/products

By Juan A.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the LegalTemplates staff and other customers.

Fast and easy Free Legal Forms crafted by licensed attorneys. Save time and money by creating and downloading any legally binding document in minutes.

juana103
Juan A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LegalTemplates?

Have a question about LegalTemplates?