Review of Jostens

Tel: +1 952-830-3264
privacy@jostens.com

jerikam
5/13/19

I used to love Jostens since I ordered my class ring 2 years ago, my sophomore year. My ring was high quality and beautiful as expected, since my mother paid $1,200 for it. The rep was very thorough and explained everything simply. Until about a month ago, I would've recommended this brand to anyone.

It is my senior year and I ordered the Jostens school package online about 4 months ago. It included the cap and gown, shirts, bag, announcements, sweats, tassel, and keychain and it was around $300. I received everything through the mail on time (about 2 weeks later) except for my cap and gown. The school told us we would pick our cap and gown up at the school a month before graduation.

The rep handing them out on the day everyone got theirs couldn't find mine. She asked if I had ordered mine online and I said yes and she told me to go to the main office the next day. So, I checked the main office the next day and then they couldn't find mine either. My school secretary told me to call Jostens and see if I might have to drive to pick it up 2 hours away.

So my mom calls Jostens and tells them the situation and they said it all goes through the school and that all caps and gowns were delivered, even though the school obviously didn't have mine. My mom then spoke to a local rep and they asked for a number to contact in case they find anything. A week later and nothing still happened. My graduation was in 2 weeks and I still didn't have the main thing I needed nor did we ever get a call, email, or anything back. So, I called and they told me the exact same thing, that they'd call if anything changed. Then another week with nothing.

Today, 6 DAYS BEFORE GRADUATION, I receive my cap and gown after a month of what felt like pestering someone to give me my own cap and gown that was already paid for. My mom and I never got a phone call updating us on my order status. On top of everything, the sticker with all of the order information on the cap and gown wasn't even mine, it was a scribbled out printed name with my name written under it, which was misspelled.

I have never ever been more stressed out or anxious as I have been the past month. Trying to get ready for exams and wondering when or if I was going to get my cap and gown is something nobody should have to go through right before graduation. I was constantly thinking about what I was going to do if I didn't get my cap and gown. Graduation happens once, and I never would have expected a brand that I trusted to order my graduation needs to have the worst service.

The service was not even somewhat helpful nor did they even seem interested in helping. I might as well had talked to a wall. The only thing going is the quality of their products which is ok, but the service just makes it not even worth it. I literally get better service at McDonald's. For a brand that is 'high quality', the service is a joke.

billa163
5/8/19

Ordered my first college class ring. Ordered the Greek Letter Rho (P) to be encrusted or inlaid on the stone. THEY WROTE OUT RHO!!!!!

lisac830
5/2/19

Customer service is awful and the quality of printing is HORRIBLE. Took one month to finally receive the announcements I ordered for my son's college graduation. Company will not take responsibility for their work and will not refund my money.

jeuirmineh
4/19/19

Ordered a graduate package for my daughter that was offered from her school for $260.00 Mind you I paid for this on 10/26/2018...as graduation comes near I get an email from Jostens saying the rest of my daughter package will be delivered to her high school tomorrow but "I have a balance due"!!! What do you mean I'm thinking! I call and they tell me I wasn't charged taxes bc they didn't know our states tax rate! Really?? So you as a business couldn't research and find out the "tax rate" for our state!!!???...$20 and I apparently forgot to include "shipping and handling" as well, which was $10.97!! Mind you a sales rep/delivery person was physically bringing all the students caps and gowns etc to The High School!! Why are you charging each student shipping and handling for one person to deliver, to one location (high school cafeteria)? With that said my daughter had to have another $30 CASH in hand to give the rep in order to get her cap and gown from them!!! Terrible way to do business. And in reality the package "deal" was NOT $260, it was $290 almost $300!! My other daughter graduates next year and she won't be getting A Thing from Jostens and they Will Not be getting Anymore of my money!! I can make my own announcements for $10 and personalize them!! What a joke!!

unas6
4/16/19

I ordered graduation announcements, to send to family and friends, when they arrived they were invitations to the ceremony. In what school are you allowed to invite 40 guest to the school to the ceremony? I ended up throwing the entire order in the trash after being told there were no refunds on them. Jostens is a over priced, uncaring company that bleeds us dry due to school connections and they could care less about the customers

carolo68
3/8/19

The first time I purchased graduation stuff from Josten's was 30 years ago (1989), of course they didn't have a website then. The customer service and quality of the products were a lot better back then too. They are soooo slow now. There is inaccurate information on their website. They respond with inaccurate information and put it off to the "school representative", they tell you to have your student talk to him. They tell you when the representative will be at the school but no other way to contact the representative (I have a special needs student so that doesn't work for me). The website isn't working properly half the time but "they are working on it". Things come out misspelled and arrive late. If anyone has information on another company that supplies the same kind of products and services - I like to have it! I want to propose a change to our school board.

charlotteh97
11/7/18

I placed an order with my daughters school for a graduation ring, and today I called to make sure they received the order. Both the women and man representative were so rude, I wanted to cancel my order while we were on the phone. I honestly felt as if I was bothering them. I would never order from them again.

jamiet41
6/20/17

I placed two orders for announcements with this company. The first order was as expected. I needed more graduation announcements for my son's high school graduation. When I received the second order. They were of horrible quality and printed on regular paper card stock you would purchase from Office Depot. I was so embarrassed to send those announcements out. I contacted Jostens for a refund and asked to send them back. I was told they would only provide a 20.00 refund for those crappy announcements! Then a month later I never received the refund by check! I contacted them and they had no idea about the refund. I requested a supervisor and they placed me on the line with a supervisor poser that had no authority! They finally listened to the call to confirm my refund after placing me on hold for several minutes. i then requested a full refund instead. I was told they would call back with the decision from a supervisor. I did not receive a call and had to call them back 4 hrs later! I requested a real supervisor and she was rude and stated they would only provide a $20.00 refund and now requested I send the announcements back to them for a full refund. They were not providing a return label. I already paid for announcements form VISTA PRINT(Better Quality and cheaper BTW) and had to rush the delivery because of their poor quality announcement they sent me. I was not about to give them another dime of my money. I doubt they will send me a refund. Beware, they are not a great company, poor customer service and poor quality. i would suggest to order your announcements else where!!! Nothing was resolved. They didn't even apologize for not sending my refund originally or compensate for it.

ceciliao2
5/2/17

I ordered my cap and gown in March and everyone in my cohort has received theirs except for me and one other girl. This is beyond upsetting. I was told in March that it would arrive mid April - was told last Thursday that it would arrive friday. I was told today that it would arrive at 4:30 - now I was told that it would arrive May 3rd. I wont have time to get it pressed. This is so upsetting. Its not even guaranteed that it will arrive May 3rd. Looking at the reviews and that most of the reviews are a 1... I wish I would have had another option for a vendor for Mount Saint Mary's University - Doheny Campus.. what happens if you deliver it after I graduate?

Questions? Get answers from the Jostens staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Jostens