Review of JenJenHouse

carot1
5/8/17

In 2013 I ordered a wedding dress and three bridesmaid dresses after providing exact measurements. The order took some time because they came from China, but they arrived as promised and the workmanship was very good (phenomenal when you consider all four dresses cost less than $1,000 combined). I would not hesitate to use them again.

Tip for consumers: Plan ahead and measure correctly.

janw50
5/27/16

After htree positive experiences dealing with Jen Jen House I was disappointed when they supplied badly made shoes and then did not respond to my email.
One of the shoes had the strap half the length it should be making the pair of shoes useless.
I sent photos asking for help but none was forthcoming.
I have dealt with this company in the past and have found their dresses to be good but their accessories to be rubbish.

Tip for consumers: I have to say after experiencing cheaply made accessories that they are rubbish.

gudgeg
9/24/15

We ordered ceramic favours for our daughters wedding from this company. They do not mention anywhere on their website that the purchaser has to pay the courier import duty in addition to the prices quoted online. Having paid the duty, we then received the parcel which can only be likened to the type of box you would buy crisps in in a supermarket. No additional protection was given inside to protect the CERAMIC contents.
Surprise Surprise, when we opened the box, over half of the units were smashed to pieces!
On contacting JenJen, they informed us that we could send the units back to them for inspection (photographs were supplied of the damage). upon receipt, they would inspect the goods and credit up to 80% of our invoice price.
They also stressed that we had to send the units back to them through The Post Office and not by the courier method they had themselves used. The cost to do this would have been £128.00 which would NOT be refunded.
This company is working the system that once they have your money, they go out of their way to ensure that you do not get a refund irrespective of the circumstances.
The only recourse available is advise future prospective purchasers of what they are dealing with.
Do not be drawn in by the cheap prices as you get what you pay for! Shocking bad service!
I have only awarded JenJenHouse one star because that is the lowest rating available. It still feels far too much for them.

donnad34
5/29/15

I will never buy from them again! Cheaply made dress and they do not allow you to return.

kyliem2
12/17/14

I received my bridesmaid dress and it stank of bait and all the threading was coming undone. When I contacted Jen Jen house all I was offered was the choice of either 30% discount on another dress or 25% refund for alteration costs. I have now had to tell my sister that I cant be a bridesmaid as a new dress wouldnt get to me in time for the wedding. So upset!!

Tip for consumers: If you dont get what you ordered do bother trying to correct it

jessicaa33
11/23/14

Ordered an all black dress and the fit wasn't perfect for me so it wasn't what I completely happy about that but it was still a very nice dress and the company worked with me until I was completely happy with my order and communication was good. I was satisfied with my transaction.Costner service was very good.

agnesm5
11/4/14

I bought my graduation dress and I measured myself and sent the measurements , when the dress was delivered it was a perfect fit and everyone on my graduation wanted to know where I bought my dress from. So far I have made 6 purchases with Jen Jen and I always happy with the colour , size and design. The customs issue does not bother me and it's not the problem for Jen Jen it's the problem from the country where individuals lives and yes I always pay the customs money without any problems. So my advise as long as you get the right measurements you will never go wrong with Jen Jen .

missml
9/1/14

Very bad workmanship, dress was nothing like the picture. Then again, what did I expect, it's made in China!

kimi24
7/19/14

I ordered a dress for a wedding from jenjen and it is amazing. The craftsmanship is excellent. I could not find a fault with the dress. I ordered it custom fit, it was perfect. The dress was made and here in Scotland in 14 days. I will certainly be buying from them again.

kerlosa
6/2/14

It is a scam, a deceiving company with a punch of thieves do not order from them. I ordered a wedding dress, and paid the full amount of the cost of the dress + size customization + shipping. When the delivery man came to give me the package, he gave me a $50 invoice has to be paid in order to give me the dress. I asked him what this $50 for, he told me this is a custom fee and I have to pay this amount otherwise the dress will be sent back to the seller. I went on jenjenhouse's website, and found no customer service number to call. The only means of contact is to email them. When you email them, they send their response next day, so we waste almost 2 weeks of emailing each others back and forth in vain. In the last email, a new customer service representative other than the one I used to email each time emailed me. This new csr acted like she had no idea about my case, and kept repeating what the original csr and I already discussed. After that I sent her an email asking her to cancel the order so that I can buy the wedding dress from somewhere else; she didn't email me back. I didn't get any response, bought a new wedding dress in a very short period of time, had to travel 15 miles away to get their dress, which I was no longer in need to, and paid the custom fees.
So, all what I got from them:
1- Very bad, slow, ignorant and deceiving customer service system without even a phone number to call.
2- Additional charges that no one gave any idea about it from the beginning.
3- They missed up our ceremony, and had to buy another wedding dress.

tellyg
5/23/14

I made the big mistake of ordering 4 dresses the first time thinking they were cheap & beautiful as presented on their website. The dresses were cheap all right. They were poorly made not at all what they appeared online. Even though I ordered the same size on all 4 dresses, they were all different. None of them fit me. After going through a lot of hassle on the return (take a photo of the dresses) and because I ordered the hem to my size (though they were all long) they said I cannot return them. They instead offered only a very small fraction of my entire order which took a long time to process & the credit finally showed on my credit card. I am surprised by some of good reviews I read on JenJen because my experience with them is not good at all. Buyer beware because you might be in for a total disappointment when the goods arrive and good luck with the return.

judik
4/4/14

Jen Jen House is a total waste of time and money. I ordered a $#*!tail dress and paid extra to have it custom made. It was not made to my measurements, side seams were not even, it was too tight and the workmanship was terrible. Trying to get a resolve was next to impossible

debbies25
3/23/14

My sister ordered a wedding dress from this site and it only cost something $250.00 NZ dollars. It was made to measure. When it came it was the correct size and we were both really impressed with the workmanship. Sure it's not going to look like a $2k wedding dress but you get what you pay for. You can't expect to get the highest standard imaginable when you are only paying peanuts. People are just too picky in my view or maybe it's the luck of the drawer, but I also know of another person that just got a wedding dress from this site and they are more than happy with it.

melanieg6
12/11/13

I ordered a dress for my homecoming it came in the color i wanted and the material was fine (organza). The problem I did have though I ordered my normal dress size and i expected it to fit...and the dress literally fell off of me. I got it tailored and everything else was fine, though I was a little scared about the beading on it. The other problem I had was the amount of time it took to get to me, it took forever!!!

bonnieh25
11/25/13

I purchased jewelry that I received damaged from JenJen House. I contacted them the same day I received the merchandise I was told that their Quality Control inspected all items shipped and that I needed to make a photo of the damaged items and send them the photo. I have tried on several occasions to upload the photo and due to the size restriction that they have placed on their email I am un-able to upload the photo and have explained this to them several times. I have yet to get this resolved as they continue to put me off. BUYER BEWARE!

sigyeongg
11/6/13

I looked at 100's of dresses and decided to order A style at Jenjenhouse. I am a plus size woman and was a little concerned if they could really make this for me. I put in my measurements and sent off my payment and immediately I received communication regarding my order. They were very responsive to any questions and the price was incredible. My cousin was with me when I opened the package which was nicely packed and folded. I opened the package and WOW! The craftsmanship was impressive.

frankz6
11/6/13

I bought a veil to match my wedding dress. I wanted it to be longer (to my waist) at first place, but you told me that now it was unable to make it for me. I also bought it whatsoever and got it yesterday. it turned out to be good and a nice match with my dress. anyway, thank you

cindyf7
11/2/13

I bought this pair of shoes for my wedding. Actually the shoes are of high quality. The ivory color is also very beautiful. Really very nice shopping experience from you. Thank you!

haneyz
10/22/13

I wanna tell everyone, jenjenhouse is amazing, it deserves you to purchase something from there.

jaerh
10/20/13

Great website, fabulous dress, big WOW!!!

tessaqf
10/20/13

I have no idea why so many people are unhappy, but I don't think so, I feel that it is a good site and I will come here again.

rachelp15
9/25/13

I'm a professional classical singer and have used JenJen for several of my concert attire dresses. All I can tell you is that for me, who has to have custom dresses made due to size issues and being able to breathe easily for recitals, I LOVE JenJen! You cannot find the quality of workmanship anywhere in the malls, not even in high-end stores, for this price. I'm also over 40, so the fact that they have super elegant, yet current styles that aren't "pre-pubescent prom queen" or "beauty queen size 0" is a HUGE plus! They are perfect for my line of business!

The two dresses I got just this summer for a concert last week are perfect in everyway & I've received nothing but compliments on them. They fit perfectly, are well done (I grew up sewing & making my own dresses through high school), & a joy to wear.

You have to order at LEAST 2 months in advance of your date, so make sure you do so, but it would take me that long to go out & shop for a dress here locally. Make sure your measurements are correct & I don't think you'll have any problems.

I recommend them every chance I get!

michellel32
8/3/13

My dress arrived quickly and this is about the best thing that they achieved.
This was a custom made size but the armholes were much too small and the shoulder straps were halfway down my arms. The beading is cheap and on a dark brown dress they have used white cotton.
When I complained I too was offered a small discount and told to take it to a local tailor. We went back and forward over the course of a week before I accepted a 40% discount.
I did this rather than send the dress back and they refuse the refund and I end up out of pocket completely.
So glad we did a single test dress first.
I would never buy from this site again.
We have had success with Light In The Box, but again the custom made sizes will have to be adjusted here but at least they can be worn.
Michelle

susanl34
7/25/13

I ordered this dress for my son's wedding. It arrived on time. The beading was cheap and loose. Up close, it looks like something from a Vegas show! The arm holes were so small that I was unable to properly close the side zipper. The other side arm hole is wedged on my arm making it very uncomfortable. I followed their return policy and was met with numerous excuses as to why the dress could not be returned. At most, I was offered a 20% refund. They also suggested I take the custom made dress to a tailor to re cut the arm holes and fix the beading. They then suggested I try to resell the dress on my own. They should honor their return policy and refund my money. I have had to purchase another dress since my son's wedding is 9 days away. I will never do business with this company again and will refer this company to my lawyer. Be smart and head to the mall to find the dress you need. Good Luck!

nancym19
7/17/13

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!! It is a scam. The dress I ordered did not fit and was made poorly! They refused to give me a refund. Buyer beware! This is a NO RETURN website. The clothing you order will not be what you expect! If there is any kind of a problem they will do NOTHING about it. This is a terrible place to order from. I only wish I would have read these responses before I ordered!

Questions? Get answers from the JenJenHouse staff and other customers.

7 Photos for JenJenHouse