Review of JadeGowns.co.uk

JadeGowns.co.uk reviews

donnas399
5/18/18

AVOID THIS WEBSITE AT ALL COSTS !!!!!!!!!
Paid £135 for a dress for my sons wedding. It arrived In time I will give them that but absolutely shocked!! Nothing as in the picture. Wrong Colour arrived. I ordered silver and received lilac. Incorrect sizing I ordered a UK 18 the bust was 34 !!! Couldnt even get my arms into the sleeves. Shocking workmanship the hem didnt even join up at the seams the lace was sewn up inside too. Reported to Trading Standards they do not have jurisdiction to be able to intervene. They are using designer photos to advertise the dresses but they are made not even close to it .........and the workmanship/quality is atrocious. I have now contacted all the Designers like Ronald Joyce etc as per my conversation with Trading Standards because it is a copyright issue and the designer can then take it forward.
I will not see my £135 back but I have learned a huge lesson if the website does not have an address etc although it looks legit its probably a scam.

carolem42
2/9/18

Ordered a dress with a jacket the jacket was smaller than the dress so i couldnt wear it .They forgot to add the beading .They must of cut holes out of the lace .The colour was the wrong shade. And they still say the dress fits so wear that. Honestly do not shop here. I am making my experience with them public on facebook so it can be shared to stop other people being conned .

carolt87
1/26/18

I ordered a 'so called tailor made gown in December and paid an extra £15 for express delivery. The total cost of my order was £135. This is what happened or didn't as the case may be.

Firstly my dress didn't arrive on time and after numerous emails to which I received no reply, I eventually discovered the order was stuck in Toulousse for 10 days as Jade Gowns had not given permission for its release to the UK. SO PAYING FOR EXPRESS DELIVERY DIDNT WORK.

Secondly when the dress arrived it didn't fit and was of poor quality and badly made. I COMPLAINED. I was then asked to send photos of the issues in question, which I duly did., they didn't acknowledge receipt if the photos and It made no difference to their communication which is poor at best. The dress was far too small at the top, far too long, of poor quality material and badly finished. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MADE TO MY SPECIFIC MEASUREMENTS.

Lastly I received an offer of compensation of 12% of the cost of the dress, no consideration was given for the payment of express delivery.....I COMPLAINED, It made no difference, I just kept receiving emails offering me 12% of the cost of the dress. I asked for a return address and a full refund to which they replied that I return would cost me too much to return the item and it may get lost in transit and as the dress was 'tailor made' for me, which is a complete joke, a full refund was not possible.

I am now the proud owner of a dress that I would not insult the charity shop with and am £120 out of pocket.

Please don't be tempted by the lovely photos they post as believe me in my experience you will be very, very disappointed.

THEY SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR MISLEADING ADVERTISING.

victoriar55
1/18/18

Please learn from my experience. I ordered a dress respite the mixed feedback, and how I regret it. Colour was not what was expected and the measurements were incorrect. Despite their website illustrating they will accept returns and give you refunds - THEY DO NOT. Owner does not want to know, they simply offer you a discount off another order - They have ripped me of £115 - Please do not use them!

tiez
11/9/17

I buy a dress in this company to my sister, but when i got the dress, everthing just ok, It's not what i want. Maybe I come to visit the website next day.

juliem234
10/17/17

Ripped me off over £100. Liars and cowboys. Makes me so angry. They need to be shut down. How can they take my money and not deliver my goods. Disgusting.

kerrin10
3/20/17

I made an order for this charming wedding dress from clavonna online shop and it had a perfect fitting as if it was tailor made. The floral beads ruffles intrigued me.

baureena
2/28/17

The size and look of the dress was exactly how i wanted!! I measured myself and the measurments were exactly like the measurments online..my fiancee said it was unbelieveable to have such a beautiful dress at such a low price..I am so excited to order from your wonderful website.

brians257
11/25/16

I brought a wedding dress from jadegownshop last moth,and receives very soon,yesterday I just finished my wedding all my friends said the dress was very nice!!!

amandag75
9/13/16

Terrible dress..suppose to be custom made to body and height..dress about 4 sizes to big and would fit a.giant...horrible..requesting refund from bank

yl273
6/23/16

I payed over $230 for a dress for my formal from the site and after reading all the negative reviews I was extremely nervous that my dress wouldn't come/wouldn't be like I wanted, etc. I received my dress about a month after I ordered it (standard delivery) and upon opening it I was happy with it. It looked a little different to the picture and I thought the material was going to be different but I am overall happy with what I received. The only thing I need to do is have it altered a bit but I also made my measurements a tiny bit bigger as you can take away material but you can't add on!! Don't panic at all the negative reviews, my dress came and I love it.

georgiak7
5/5/16

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PURCHASE A DRESS FROM THIS COMPANY! PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

I wish I had read all of these negative reviews before I brought my dress and wasted $230!
I brought a $205 formal gown from them, sent in my custom measurements and when the dress arrived it was almost 5cm too small across the back and too long! After measuring the dress itself, the Jade gowns have not made the dress to my provided measurements. I stupidly brought the dress for an occasion right before the dress was due to arrive, therefore leaving no time to have it altered. I have emailed them requesting a refund, but stating that I was impressed with the service and would intend to use them again, to which they originally offered to make me a new dress at no extra charge. When I expressed that I had no need for another dress at this stage and would rather the refund, they have offered me a $20 refund for a $200 DRESS! When I then requested a new dress, they said that they would only charge me the 70% material fee.
I am now left with either a dress that, at the fault of the manufacturer, does not fit me, or the option to pay even more money for another dress that I have no use for!
PLEASE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY AS THEY WILL NOT HONOUR THEIR RETURN AND REFUND POLICY AS SPECIFIED ON THEIR WEBSITE AND WILL NOT KEEP TO THEIR WORD!!!

Also, the website indicates that they are based in London, when in fact that package arrive from China and all correspondence from them would indicate that they are in fact based in China.

I have never had such a poor experience with a company with regard to returns or "customer service".

emmaw54
3/28/16

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY!!!! I spent over $500 for 2 dresses that took forever to receive and when I did receive them the dresses were shocking!!! Really bad quality and workmanship and look nothing like the pictures they advertise. When I contacted customer service they were not interested in helping in anyway basically having the attitude as oh well not our problem now as you have the dresses and have already paid for them even though I sent them photos as they asked on what was wrong with the items. The Dresses were sent back at my own cost to CHINA not Australia as their website suggests you are buying from. From there they said they would only refund half of the cost of the dresses which I waited for but was never done. When followed up again they had gone down to only refunding 10% of the $520. I shop online all the time and have never dealt with such a dodgy unhelpful company in my life.

pamelao8
3/21/16

I recieved my dress today on the day predicted. I was a bit apprehensive to open it after reading bad reviews but it is beautiful and really well made. It also fits perfect. I did a custom order. So happy thankyou. :)

nicolap12
3/21/16

I am very happy with this pretty dress. This dress is elegant and I will wear it next Monday. Also, the price of the dress is very reasonable. I really appreciate your good job!

lucyb32
3/16/16

I am so pleased with the dress. I like the color pearl pink very much. Thank you for your great help. I have to say that the representatives are very kind and patient. Thanks again.

maddys4
3/3/16

Wrong dress colour and their policy said full refund and they offered $24 back from a $280 purchase. Worst site ever!

sophied12
2/28/16

My dress is awesome. I received it early today. And it was packed so well. This dress is just my type. I like it very much. Can't wait for my party day!

amandaa56
2/28/16

I bought this dress to attend a party, and I would like to say that the color of the dress matches the theme of the party very perfectly. I would like to buy more other things form you in the future.

lisaw164
2/28/16

Reasonable price. High quality. Considerate customer service. Quick delivery.Thank you!

sharag1
2/26/16

I brought a wedding dress from this company and payed approx $400. The dress came 3 weeks later than requested and after numerous emails to them. The dress is an absolute joke. It looks nothing like the picture on the Internet. Wrong size and colour. It was also ripped and gad a large whole at the bottom of the dress. I contacted the company and they offered a $25 refund. BE REALLY CAREFUL these people are a bunch of ripoff artists.

melodya6
2/17/16

I bought this dress for my wife and she likes it so much, she said it is really good to shop on your website. The dress really fits her very well, and the quality really good at such a low price, Thank you so much!

giname
2/17/16

The dress is beautiful with one shoulder and I really love it. It is reasonable for you to have several days prepare the dress. I appreciate your help in helping me with the size.

amandag60
2/4/16

They just want your money and have no pride in the dress's they make (and I use the term loosely! or any customer service. The dress is unwearable and they absolutely DID get the measurements WRONG but will not admit it. Upsetting and devastating for me and my daughter as she now has no Year 12 graduation gown to wear. They want another $125 to remake or will only reimburse $25 for a $205 dress.
They do not stand by or honour their own Exchange & Return policy so they are fraudulent and corrupt. We have been scammed and they should not be allowed to continue to trade.
They asked me to take it to a local tailor to see if I could get alterations done!!, Its too badly made to be fixed/altered. There is no excess material in the seams - as they promise in their policy, the bust cannot be taken in because of the way it is already made and confirmed my measurements are correct and that they - JADE GOWNS have got the measurements completely wrong. Do not use this site at all. Online shopping in the 21st century should not be at the customers risk. Deplorable service and company.

kirstym8
1/25/16

Jadegowns was the company who invoiced me when I bought a dress from Shilla.co.uk
The company provided me with a horrible, poor quality dress that looked elegant and pretty on the site. Boy did it look different In real life. Badly fitting with glass and metal embellishments that fall off and patches without any. Shilla.co.uk are being sued for counterfeiting and are linked to Jade gowns.co.uk. If you buy from these companies you do run the risk of losing the money you spend, and if you needed a dress for a special occasion you could well be very disappointed. steer clear!

All I can say is DO NOT BOTHER.!!!!! Dress was awful. I payed $360 and they offered me $25 refund which I never got. Bunch of scammers.

By Shara G.

Good luck with the dress, Angela. I bought two very ugly gowns form them and paid $400+. I had to buy another two gowns for myself and my daughter at cheaper prices from retail stores, but they look stunning.

By Jennifer M.

Questions? Get answers from the JadeGowns.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for JadeGowns.co.uk