Review of JacquieLawson

Tel: +44.01924465200
help@jacquielawson.com

nans23
1/14/19

My cards were sent as coming from someone else. There was no way to contact them to correct their mistake. Two attempts at email went unanswered. The cards are beautiful but there is no customer service.

theresac143
12/16/18

This years Advent Calendar is a disappointing nothing! It is totally different, I would love to have the access to the old ones. Not just last years as that was the first one I wasn't thrilled with and last year but I thought I'd give it another chance. I keep clicking things thinking I've missed something. Even the animation is so basic and videos of nothing. It's like everyone must have been fired.

johns3482
12/7/18

Advent calendars expensive, poor customer service and communication, twee selection of cards, it seems that apart from acknowledging your payment they lose interest in any feedback. The codes on advent calendar's defeat some recipient's and at £ 3.00 a copy that's rough on the sender.

francesf34
6/12/18

I have used this site for years and any hitches have been my own fault !
Delightful and humorous cards for every occasion.
Great for animal lovers ! Great value too.

kayd176
2/26/18

I've delighted in the Jacquie Lawson Advent Calendar for years! But the changes that were made this year 2017 were so retrograde. No,not even retrograde, the changes destroyed the charm of all these years...
I'll think twice about ordering one this coming Christmas 2018,,,,so sad.

mm351
12/27/17

Why oh why did you bother??? Your Seaside calendar last year was a joy; this one is a horror show. Why have you switched from the downloadable form to this monstrosity that requires an internet connection? Why is is only videos? Why is it a web-based page? What a total waste of time and money!

cynn2
12/17/17

This is the fourth Advent calendar from Jacquie Lawson I have bought and it is the first one with which I am disappointed.
When I saw the intro on her website for the Alpine village and compared it to the actual calendar there is a big difference. I expected the calendar to look like the come on video as to color and size and detail yet do not see that. Even when going to full screen mode there is a distinct difference. It just does not measure up to what I expected in the advertised video.
Next, we are informed that flash player is phased out and the only viewing option is in a browser. Previously I downloaded the calendars and was able to enjoy the daily events in a peaceful and relaxed fashion. Being compelled to use my browser is a pain in the neck. It requires connection to the internet and woe to you if your phone service goes down due to a storm. No calendar. The calendar frequently requires refreshing of the screen as nothing happens or it is slooow to load. I have been spoiled by the seamless functioning of the downloadable calendars of Christmases past so now having to click through 2 to 3 slow screens is not enjoyable. And once you click on the day's ornament, if you change your mind, you cannot cancel and go back until you enter the activity. There is no 'escape clause' until you go all the way in.
As to content, this year it seems less about evoking the feeling and spirit of Christmas and more about extolling Switzerland, the mountains, ( why are we seeing summer scenes? And with a bird which looks an awful lot like a bald eagle), the fondue, the St. Bernards. All very nice, I'm sure however are there no Swiss Christmas traditions to which we could be introduced? A quick Google and there are so many possibilities which we could be seeing.
I have been absolutely smitten with past calendars and this one just does not measure up as to content or ease of access however, there are still 10 days till Christmas. I hope the Christmas spirit will manifest itself.
Please, Ms. Lawson, restore Flash as an option and return to your roots and the things which you know so well and which make you unique.

williaml195
William L.
12/7/17

Dear Jacquie, I have been a fervid follower over many years and have had
so much pleasure from your work but now I feel you seem to have lost the
plot. From your breathtaking lovely simplicity of the Christmas cottage
and the spiritual joy of the sheep in Silent Night to the truly awful
brash and totally commercial Alpine calendar that is so packed with
technology that it slows down the action to jerky waits even though fibre
rates of 38 cannot cope.

Please please consider a return to the peaceful,beautiful amusing work
that brings so much pleasure.

Very Sincerely

William Lowe

pjr5
12/3/17

I so enjoyed the 2016 Advent Calendar that I ordered the 2017 Alpine Calendar this year. It is a serious disappointment. I can go to each day's activity and complete the activity, but when is click on "Return to Scene" the program does not take me back. I have to re-download. Then, when I open on the village scene, nothing that I have done shows up. The scene remains the same as it was at the beginning and does not show my Christmas tree that I created and tried to put on display. I contacted Jacquie Lawson on their site for help with this problem. Three days later--no response.

maryh62
4/13/17

I have had a membership at this site for a number of years and it has been a lifesaver many times when I needed a last minute birthday, get well, congratulations, or other greeting. They have a huge variety of animated online greeting cards and you can customize your own greetings on most of them. No problems with payments and the few times I have had questions or issues needing resolution, they never went longer than 48 hours. Very happy with their quality and customer service. My favorite thing about subscribing to this site is that you can send unlimited numbers of cards on unlimited occasions.

glorial29
8/6/16

I have been a member of Jacquie Lawson e-cards for many years. If you are looking for beautiful cards with lovely music, you want to use a Jacquie Lawson card. Their cards are not only beautiful, but their customer service is wonderful too... although rarely needed. Besides the cards, they have Widgets for your desktop and Advent Calendars that will blow you away. With the Advent Calendar, you can decorate Christmas trees, make Christmas Stockings & wreaths, do puzzles and so much more. Every day in December reveals another game to play. During the day the sky is bright & at night the sky is dark with a moon & stars. Because the clock on the towers tell the real time it knows when it is day or night. Definitely a site worth seeing. I can tell you from personal experience that you will be glad you checked it out.

tesac
5/25/14

I paid for a 2 year service to end Jan 2016 for unlimited on-lineGREETING CARD USE, after a couple of months they sent a link saying I cant use my password any longer due to security reasons, they will send a link in one hour to reset- that was 2 weeks ago Monday. No link after sending several emails to their customer service (they don't have a phone #) no response. Basically they are a scam company after researching on several other complaint sites it has happened to so many others! Legally if you pay via pay pal they have 45 days ONLY to give you a refund so after 45 days the cards stop and theres nothing you can do about it! Use HALLMARK they are legit!

Questions? Get answers from the JacquieLawson staff and other customers.

JacquieLawson?