Review of iPostal1

service@ipostal1.com

7 reviews with 1 star

renep42
8/8/18

before account opening (florida office) their homepage and email (see attachment) states if you live outside US and only plan to receive packages you need form 1583 and one id (no notarization). after receiving my package (and no mail) they were demanding two ids and a notarized 1583 form in order to access my package. they offered me a link to notarize for 75$. I discarded my package. very misleading information in best case. very disappointing, don´t use!

Tip for consumers: stay away!

Response from Larry B., iPostal1 Representative
Hi Rene,

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the problem you describe with your package. The message that pops up in your digital mailbox when you sign up does clearly state that the Form 1583 is required to be notarized. Unfortunately, the follow up email that you received said otherwise regarding someone who lives outside the U.S. and receives just packages. This was left over from an earlier policy that we have since changed. We will be updating the follow up email to avoid any confusion in the future. By the way, our website does not say anything about notarization not required for someone who lives outside the U.S. and receives only packages. In fact, our FAQ section on Form 1583 does explicitly mention that notarization is required.

Sincerely,
iPostal1
gabrielj19
4/17/18

Too many unnecessary charges, when requesting to use service asked for cost before consenting to service in forwarding mail and they went ahead and forwarded it anyways without consent. When asking for a refund, the owner did admit that they missed the ask for cost but refused to provide a refund even after admitting fault. Also concerned with the insecurity as very sensitive documents get processed and seems there is a high lack of quality control. It still feels like a scam business with the unprofessional communication and emails.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful of charges that may show up without asking for them. As with many of the reviews online, it's very unprofessional.

raphaelj6
9/4/17

We started using iPostal1 less than 2 months ago and our experience has been terrible. We received an important mail and requested to have it scannned and sent to us. We know that it was received but fail to get the information despite the fact that a few weeks have passed. We have tried customer service but they have been completely useless and are not even able to give us a proper feedback. It seems that they have no proper quality control of the locations in their network. I wish I had known this before and would strongly recommend users to look elsewhere.

monaj5
10/10/16

I updated my payment card information last month. And It paid for last month fee. This morning I received an email saying credit card payment pending. I removed it and added the same card to profile. They credited $1 and then $9.99 for this month fee. I received email confirmations from my Paypal Master card immediately. A few moments later, I received an email stating that my payment information couldn't be verified and asked me a copy of front and back of my credit card for verification to active the service. I called this company 6 times today, was hung up 6 times. The longest time I was able to talk for 10 sec I guess. So horrible and unbelievably rude. I have never heard of this kind of credit card verification in my whole life. I canceled my account immediately and emailed them for a refund. If no reply in a few days, I will file a dispute. Avoid this business and get the USPS PO box instead.

frederich14
4/24/16

Extremly unprofessional. Poor customer service, asks for picture of your credit card, asks for proof of ID (USPS-1583), and then close your account because considered "high risk", after they charged 200$+ on my card and never had problems. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH IPOSTAL1 - YOU WILL REGRET IT.

rubens39
4/14/16

I had a bad experiences when I was dealing with this company. The company asked to have a copy of the front and back credit card in order to activate my service. My credit card company did not decline the charge and my card is reported as a stolen credit card. So, I asked them what are the reason for doing so? The company could not point it our to me which law indicates that need to have the copies of credit cards? Plus, the company can not even say who is the third party credit card processing company who ask for that copy. My friend who is lawyer confirms there is no law at all supporting this practice. Are they trying to do something not good? Because it seems to me they are hiding something from the customer.

My suggestion, go take your business somewhere else and don't deal with this incompetent staffs and messed up policy. They are not unreliable! Imagine if you are getting service with them? It will cause you a lot of headaches and pains.

leol30
3/9/16

Whatever you do, avoid using iPostal1.com as your mailing service. Their software is ancient and they customer service is terrible. I sent mail to their location after paying for a box online and they deactivated my box for absolutely no reason and discarded my mail. Their response is to use another mail service for my mailing needs after having received my mail. This is absolutely unacceptable and negligent behavior from a business.

Hi Swan, We have hundred of positive reviews on other more popular review websites, such as Capterra and Trustpilot. We're looking forward to serving you! Sincerely, iPostal1

By Larry B., iPostal1 Representative

Yes, Miriam, these concerns have been resolved. iPostal1 no longer requests additional information for credit card verification. For the record, the original 'problem' was never a real problem, as iPostal1 requested additional information only in a very small percentage of cases when we could not verify a credit card. And even then, we requested that customers blacken out all but the last four digits of the credit card and blacken out the security code. The original review omitted these important facts. In order that there should not be any further concerns, we modified our verification process 6 months ago and do not ever request additional information for credit card verification. Sincerely, iPostal1

By Larry B., iPostal1 Representative

Questions? Get answers from the iPostal1 staff and other customers.

1 Photo for iPostal1