Review of InterPals.net

Tel: 4853123904067

63 reviews with 1 star

ayc
12/8/19
Today my account which I have had for years and contains the entire chat I first had with my girlfriend (we met on interpals) has been suspended completely without warning. I was just chatting to people and boom logged out then cant log in because it is suspended.

As other people said, the site is full of scammers and perverts. I had no idea mods even existed because they do nothing about it until I randomly got suspended.
kaveell
12/1/19
I have been using the site for almost two years when a moderator befriended me, her name was Banditlurv on the site and she spoke nicely meanwhile she was spying on my facebook profile as well as my interpal profile and trying to get my account blocked for it. When I confronted her she swore to let me see her true colours and she kept blocking any interpal account I created, I reported the matter to Interpal and they did nothing about it, after she blocked 8 accounts, I sent them a real mad email and asked that they reinstate my account, I will not give up this battle and encouraged all my friends whose accounts were removed unfairly to report and give Interpal a poor rating, until they remove such people who misuse their power from having the power of a moderator.
paulc904
11/24/19
I was suspended for no reason. I have no idea why I was suspended, none at all. Seems to be poorly run.
tj122
11/21/19
This is an absolutely dreadful web site full of scammers and very narcissistic women run by morons who pamper to perverts. Avoid it like the plague if you have any brains. It's meant to be a penpal web site but in practice is nothing more than a showcase for moronic people too ugly to go anywhere else. The average IQ of most users struggles to reach 20 so don't expect a riveting conversation from other users. Lots of women who rate 2 out of 10 in looks asking people not to pester them (as if) ... most have blank profiles yet refuse to answer anyone's messages - go figure ... Nasty horrible people with massive prejudices including ageism from underage ignorant dumbo/bimbos. Avoid like HIV if you have half a brain!
robh369
11/18/19
This is a very disappointing penpal site. First of all, a great many of the profiles here are fake - there is perhaps 1 genuine profile in a 100 - I'm NOT kidding. I wonder if the site puts these profiles up itself. Anyway, these fake profiles never answer you, which means you spend a lot of time on the site sending out messages that are never answered. Frustrating. And meaningless.

Combine these fake profiles with the horde of genuinely obnoxious asian guys who swarm all over the site looking for sex chats from girls, and whose profiles are never deleted.

Then there's the fact that people seem oddly illiterate on interpals - it's a 'penpal' site, but no one there seems to know how to write letters! As a matter of fact, in using interpals I began to get the feeling that the human race was forgetting how to read or write! I'm NOT kidding.

Finally, while the moderators tolerate a horde of sex-mad asian guys on the site, I have had the profiles of good and genuine friends randomly banned on the site. This was horrible - fortunately, I had their email addresses, so I did not lose them as friends, but I don't have to tell you how frustrating and confusing the experience was for them. Knowing there are hordes of obnoxious people on the site whose profiles are NOT banned only makes things worse.
darrenk42
11/17/19
I don't get what this site is for. It's definitely not for meeting people for romantic relationship, but it's also not good for just finding a friend. Too many scammers and aggressive moderators make it impossible to use. So I stayed with old but good https://J4L.com/700027
for dating and relationship (this is what I wanted and I found it there), but if you take it easier, it's good for making friends too, because they only have real people's profiles and very few scammers, if you report them, they ban them right away.
janb262
11/13/19
Interpals. What can I say? How long have I got? It seriously bad. I hated it while I was a member. The best thing I did was delete my profile & get the hell out of there.

So many bad experiences, I can't mention them all here. The majority of men on there don't know the difference between a penpal site & a dating site. If I had a $ for every man who asked for my hand in marriage, wanted to meet up with me to $#*! me, told me I was their soul mate (in the first message!) - I would be a seriously rich woman now. hahaha.

I did do a lot of messenging on there. This is the one good feature about Interpals. They allow you to do messenging. But having said that, when I was a member, the conversations I had while messenging were very hit & miss. I'd send a bunch of text to someone, & they wouldn't get all of it. This happened time & time again. Over many months. It nearly did my head in. Was very frustrating for me & the person I was talking to. In the end, we just exchanged emails & chatted that way. Was much more successful.

A lot of times I couldn't log on when I wanted to. Being 15 hours ahead of the USA here in OZ, was the problem. When I wanted to log on, it was the afternoon here, & the early hours of the morning over in the USA. Interpals told me I couldn't be connected as they were doing "maintenance". I notice they never carried out any maintenance in daylight hours USA time. Not being able to log on often, to answer messages, was very annoying. I couldn't do anything about it. Just had to go with the flow & put up with it.

I had to put up with some very abusive men. The things they said to me! And they didn't even know me! I wondered what sort of an abuser they were in real life, & who was the poor woman putting up with them in real life.

One nice thing that I will say for Interpals is that they allow photo albums to be displayed. As many albums as you like, & each one can contain about 40 photos. Good for showcasing where you live to others around the world. I did like that feature, & I posted a lot of pics for people to view.

I am surprised the site hasn't been shut down by now. There is a "moderator", but I seriously don't think he/she exists, & if they do, they aren't doing a very good job! Its just a bloody word, if you ask me. Knowing that there is a "moderator" makes members feel as if they are being looked after, when they really aren't.

Ladies - I would advise you to run a mile, rather than sign up to Interpals. I'm going to have a look around & see if I can find the names of people that I blocked. I'll add them here if I can find them.

Interpals is nothing more than a meat market. Every man who likes to flirt & wants sexual chats is on there, for sure. When they asked me if I was up for some "fun chats", I told them I'm too old to bloody care! hahaha. That got rid of them, quick smart. hahaha.

I describe Interpals as the toilet of the internet. Wish I could rate it with zero stars on here. One star is just too many.
spikes
10/20/19
This website is chock full of fake profiles, moreso than real ones. For every 10, maybe 1 is legit. You can tell because there will be a profile with say 1 pic and anemic info that's pretty generic in nature...e.g. 'I'm such an such, I like movies and food'.
susheels4
10/4/19
my account is suspended for no reason and there no support to reactivate it. worst support from interpals
andreap283
9/22/19
Interpals is a total waste of your time. If you hope to correspond with halfway intelligent people, or even practice a foreign language, this is not the right site for you. You will get hit up for money and/or sex again and again. Moreover, the moderators that are currently employed are nasty, unprofessional people. They respond to valid concerns with abuse and threats. Interpals could be a good site with better management and control.
rukiak
9/19/19
I joined this site in 2015 and there seemed to be some genuine people back then and I still keep in contact with few of them(all girls). Guys(most if not all) cannot be trusted on this site because they are only looking for a relationship with you. You will also see many pervy men hitting on you regardless of what you say in your profile saying that you don't want relationships. This is mostly a Tinder site for guys. I should have stopped using this site but I continued to use this site in hopes of finding genuine people who are only interested in friendships. You will probably find 1 genuine person out of 200 people. Also recently the moderator suspended by account without any reason after being a member since 2015. There is no email saying as to why my account was suspended. This site is horrible and I'm glad my account got deleted anyways because I will not be using this $#*!ty website anymore.
victoriam265
8/23/19
If you are looking to learn a new language or make a new friend, this is not the right place for you. This probably used to be a great website to find friends and meet people from all over the world but now it's just a place where desperate and antisocial weirdos look for attention that they don't get IRL.

People don't bother to read your profile or the request section so you'll end up getting a ton of messages from people you have nothing in common with and that you are not interested in talking to. Blocking countries doesn't seem to work either, because I blocked a few and still ended up getting messages. Most messages are creepy and I never even opened most of them. The only time I messaged someone back who actually seemed nice, I had to block him after a few messages because he was constantly trying to direct the conversation to talking about his underwear.

After that, I changed my settings so that only friends can send me messages or write on my wall. I'm gonna keep it that way until the 7 days are up and I can finally delete my account.
pierrej8
6/28/19
i used to be able to get like 30 messages a day after contacting 100 of them. now i cant get anything on a daily basis. its gotten harder then ever to get women to respond. so i mostly quite.
rivkao
6/28/19
This site is awful. You create an account and they'll willy-nilly delete or suspend your account without any defense or being given the opportunity to fix any errors or mistakes you may make on the site in accident. They give you no opportunity to erase your error, they just delete you and delete you and delete you. Even when you're told you can create a new email address and create a new account they'll delete you. This is the worst friendship website on the market today. Do not waste your time on this piece of trash website. I promise you'll regret and get so frustrated with the site you'll want to pull your hair out in frustration.
nicolem395
6/27/19
I joined this site to practice a language, because I've been struggling to find websites where I can type in the language to other people. My inbox was immediately filled with men who don't speak the language I'm looking to learn, so I figured "okay, if I keep blocking them, EVENTUALLY I'll have gotten everyone". I even had a few nice conversations, despite some Russian guy continually accusing me of being fake because I didn't want to speak with him.

Then I got banned for no reason. Maybe because I was using an adblocker? Maybe because the 200 guys I had to block reported me as a scammer or something? I don't know, they won't tell me. I was incredibly disappointed and felt like I wasted my time trying to wade through that cesspool.
kp197
6/10/19
Ran into a scammer from Lagos posing as a woman from Montana. Reported him, had my account shut down by a moderator. They're in business for the scammers.
kates226
6/2/19
it used to be good NOW it is a breeding ground for scammers, who have multiple account of male and female and different profile names , the s.o.b should be banned, surely as admin, you will be able to track their IP or location and reported to authorities, when you guys did not protect your customers , thats where you run out of business. it is so obvious, that these scammer organisation have so many profiles that they forgot they have contacted you with the same photos of a different profile names and different countries.Mostly African countries, they steel your photos and steal your profile notes cos they are illiterate in english and they do internet translation to reply u..thats how bad this site has become. those that were reported to you guys should have their IP banned and weed them out..take action and be the best again
kerylm
5/16/19
I don't want to be vulgar but these sons of b... banned me only after 3 days registering without any explanation !
aliat1
4/27/19
I was stalked and defrauded by a profile from Turkey.
Reported it to the police .
The man was sexually obsessed..every day he creates new profiles and tries to contact me.
Afterwards he tells lies to his friends on social media that I was the one who was doing all that.
Done with malice. It's very common.
Avoid Turkey,people, that country has got some real perverted men.
danyc10
4/4/19
I tried to give it another shot today, but I got this sick message of a Turkish dude wanting to eat my $#*! for 600 euros. He actually offered me the money. That is so freaking disgusting I reported him, blocked him and left the site again. Seriously..... no way I am going back again....

Tip for consumers: dont waste your time

lunan1
3/5/19
A shocking absence of honest and legitimate members. The scammers and perverts have scared off the decent members.
brianz43
2/2/19
If you are Indian and good looking at the same time, this site is not for you. I think users on this site are either bots or dead
newm35
1/25/19
I'm going to preface this review by saying that IP was never perfect to begin with. However, there's an obvious decline in both the activity on the site and the quality of its members.
I've been on and off IP for probably ten years. In the earlier days when I was on there were still scammers and pervs, but I could find a pen pal very easily. I would always have several people that I could carry on conversations with, nothing deep or long term, but satisfying none the less. I would have so many offers that I had to decline a few just because I was already busy with other pen pals.
Flash forward to today and my age (I'm in my 30's), coupled with the decreased number of *real* IP users, and a month of waiting, I didn't get so much as a single message. Mind you I was quick to lock in my filters, these filters allow you to block individual countries and select age and gender restrictions. It would perhaps be easier to select the countries you do want to hear from because sadly so many of them are flooded with fake users. That being said, I wasn't so restrictive that I blocked everyone, just the men.
This site, I believe, favors the young. The older you get, the fewer members you have to choose from. There are plenty of young users here. Many users are actually fake, they're fairly easy to spot, they often choose English speaking countries for their profiles but they speak in broken English about generalized topics. They like to steal photos from iStock or off of social media, a quick image search usually reveals whose faking.
There are many scammers looking for sex/nude photos, money or to give you a virus (the forums are apparently crawling with them). There are also weird people who want to marry you, push their religion on you, and one elderly woman even claimed that people were asking her to adopt them! Damn.
There are easily 20 profiles faked every hour, that adds up to a lot of users, so don't be fooled by the numbers when it comes to how many are "online". There are twice the number of men on the site compared to women, perhaps this is why so women feel hounded on IP? Do men no longer talk to other men?? The majority of people pefer to speak to Americans, the British, or the Japanese (apparently no one gives a damn about Canada lol). A lot of countries aren't considered desirable or popular, which I'm sure is a drag and might feel a touch isolating.
Sadly Interpals has become more of a dating site with most *real* users looking for love and marriage. Others use the site explicitly to boost their social media followers by linking to every imaginable platform including Etsy.
Aside from all of the above, the site is glitchy, my profile would disappear from search engines and then reappear for no rhyme or reason, which didn't help for being found by anybody. I also had very few people visiting my profile, and only ever when I was logged on. I never had offline views, and maybe averaged about 2 profile views a day (whenever I was online which was fairly frequent).
If you're interested in using Interpals make sure your pen pal requests are clear, set your restrictions, speak fluent English (enough to converse) or simply speak in your own language. Set boundaries and do not share your personal information! And I guess most importantly... Cultivate patience because it may take awhile.
antonb64
1/10/19
Yeah as you know I live in Ukraine . I play soccer there almost every day , and I am happy about this because I love soccer and he means for me more than sport soccer for me like necessary part of me
lizs137
9/20/18
There are two types of people who frequent this site.
Those who are genuine about exchange language and interacting with people in an honest way, and those who prey on those with good intentions.

The latter unfortunately, make up the majority of users on interpals. The genuine people quickly get driven away by nuisance messages from people who want to 'be friends' but cannot even be bothered reading a profile to get to know a person, scammers, people who want a free english tuitor and those who want a free peep show or an internet fling because they lack the social skills and/or personality to be able to go out into the world and form meaningful real relationships...or they want a meal ticket into your country by way of 'falling in love with you' after a three sentence exchange (does this method ever fool anyone? really?)
Also there are those that use this social platform to advertise how physically beautiful they are.
Enjoy it while it lasts, because once that fades, you'll have nothing. And fade, it will.
If you value your time and you're a good person, stay away from this site. It is pure unadulterated garbage that attracts and retains filth.

No one of these conditions were available to me because I didn't receive any advice concerning spamming or anything else like that and they année me only after 3 days signing up :(

By Keryl M.

As someone who has ised Ipals for over 7 years and is older than most posters here appear to be, I can say that it has been very useful to me. I have met many people over the years, some have become true friends and visited others will only ever be online, but áras close to me as people in the Real world. Yes there have been scammers, loads of them, even my user name came from a message from a scammer after I reported him, but that is what you do, report them! If they Really are scammers the site removes them. You have to remember this is a Free site and all the moderators are volunteers, so they do the best that they can. Also I would suggest that a lot of the people complaining here are a little inexperienced and naive., you can hardly blame the site for that. If you keep your wits about you and respond to people as you would in life, you can meet some great people that you would never meet in the real world and learn an awful lot. Also, dont complain if someone doesnt respond to "Hello" Its hardly an inspiring openong line is it? I find that the more you tell in your profile the better the response, the same for a message. How the hell do you answer Hello, especially if the progile is one line or word in each box, other than with "Hello" back and that is the end of the conversation. Its a 2 way street, you have to put in too, you cant just whinge that everybody is a weirdo. That would suggest that it is you that are out of your depth and would maybe happier on youtube or twitter. Also, as someone else has written You control who contacts you, by your settings. Of course I have no idea what goes on in the younger branches of the site, I stick firmly to my own age group, as I have nothing to say to younger ones, anymore than they have anything to interest me, but I felt I need to defend what for me has overall been a very good place to communicate.

By Shelagh M.

99.9% of those wearing a uniform in their profile pictures are scammers and fake profiles.

By Tom M.

Please be more specific about the nature of your issue. There's any number of reasons why this could be the case.

Okay. That happens sometimes

By Alexis P.

Other people can only see your messages on Interpals if they know your password. So don't give people your password and it'll be fine.

By Alexis P.

I'm not really sure. Interpals' search system has always been somewhat temperamental and kinda like a genie in the sense that you always have to make sure you've done everything just right to make sure it gives you what you want.

By Alexis P.

Hi, first usual suspects when one is being blocked/prevented from navigating onto a site can include, double check with your (internet service provider) ISP; whomever the company is that you rely upon to get online. Generally speaking, both in earlier times and still, tho nearly as common present day,so still, (a) company=ISP that is offering net access is the owner of their servers. Accordingly, again, as a general rule, as the providers, operators and owners of the servers, they customize whatever settings and the parameters therein, as they like. Other, out of the gate reasons one can be prevented, blocked, from visiting a site, 1 of the most common and still seen on a rare occasion (more so present day) may likely have something to do with the websites international laws versus some end users state, country location. Additional typical reasons, further, can be anything from a glitch? a tech error? to an oversight, say, if somewhere within the fine print there might be a proof of age needed, matter to any number of things that may also be easy to over look? to be altogether, unaware of readily. Depending on the type of website it is has the potential to cause such an issue. For example, age restrictions? (thus, there might be some documentation somewhere within the pre-intro page and mentioned in say, the fine print, so to speak. Also, the issue could have something to do with 1 or more unknown issues for the end users part e.g. unknown software issue(s) that say, may be running in the background and possibly causing the problem. Possible RESOLVES(?) Best place to start troubleshooting the mystery is definitively, to call your ISP (to include an affirmative suggestion to insist on speaking with someone in upper management (manager? supervisor? systems operator(s)?) and not say, first point of contact staff.

By jen a.
Questions? Get answers from the InterPals.net staff and other customers.

2 Photos for InterPals.net