Review of IndianRoots

Tel: +1-855-436-0743
care@indianroots.com

preetiv
10/12/15

Hello Everyone,I am Preeti and I am a complete shopaholic!!! My latest addiction is a website called Indianroots..this website has a mind-blowing collection of Indian attires and I am very much love-struck with their jewellery collection as well. I have ordered a few jewel pieces and I am waiting for them to get delivered!! I hope they look as stunning as they were looking in the pictures.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Preeti! Thank you for your lovely words. Your kind words motivats our team to make each of your shopping memorable. We assure you that, your ordered products will reach at your shipping address within timeline and exactly the same as image showcased on our web-shop. Regards.
supriyad
9/24/15

I am Supriya from Mumbai and I am addicted to Indianroots. I love to shop from this website and I am very impressed with their service. The customer care service is really good as compared to other shopping websites. I find their jewelry collection to be amazing!!!! I have recently purchased a lot of earrings from Indianroots and all of them are great!!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Supriya! Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on our service. We always try to deliver the best of our services to our customers. We hope to have you shopping with us again. Regards.
jaspreetd
9/21/15

I am Jaspreet from Mumbai and I am a big fan of Indianroots because it is a very good shopping website and it offers a really good collection to the customers. I feel that this website is better than other websites as it has a very very cooperative customer care team unlike other websites. Indianroots have made online shopping very easy.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Jaspreet! We're very happy to hear from you!:) Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on our service. We hope to have you shopping with us again. Regards.
shrutik
9/19/15

I am writing this review to show my gratitude towards Indianroots. I am really pleased with their service. I have purchased a lot of clothes and jewelry from this website and I am really happy with all the stuff that I have purchased from Indianroots. The customer care section is also very cooperative and they have always been very helpful whenever I have contacted them for any sort of assistance.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Shruti! We're glad to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. This motivates us to serve the best to our fans and customers. Regards..
ykk
9/18/15

I had ordered an ethnic dress from them....they never shipped for several months....of course customer service one of the best trained liars online ...give me a different story each time....lot of time and monry wasted...
Finally had to get my bank in the USA involved for a refund.

After this I have observed they don't accept credit cards..only PayPal.

Next they also blocked my account login...SO BEWARE

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar YK! We're very sorry to hear that. Would appreciate if you could please share your order number(s) with us so that this can be looked into & resolved. Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience you've experienced. Regards..
kavithar2
9/18/15

Indianroots lived up to its reputation of being a fraudulent website. Classic bait and switch business model. Order never arrived. Every time I tried to find out they would give me a different reason. Reporting the website to the local Attorney General in the US and reporting them to the credit bureaus so that consumers are warned about this company.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website. You will lose your money.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Kavitha! We apologize for the experience you had with us. Request you to please confirm your order no. so that we can forward it to our concerned manager and provide you a quick resolution. We are super sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Regards..
soniyap
9/14/15

Indianroots is my favorite shopping website and I as per my experience I can say that this is one of the most genuine shopping site. The products are of high quality and the customer care team is also very supportive and helping. I have never faced any problem while dealing with this website. I feel that this site is a bit on the costlier side but again the high price is justified due to the supreme quality of the supreme quality

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Soniya! We are glad to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We always make an attempt to serve our customers with best of service.
Regards..
aashinas
9/8/15

From a very long time, I was in search of an online store that provides traditional Indian wear clothes of good quality. After a lot of search and research I came across this amazing online store called Indianroots. I have made a number of purchases from this website and almost all the products, which I have ordered from this website, are really elegant. Recently I purchased a cotton saree from Indianroots and gifted it to my mom. She really liked the stuff of the saree.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Aashina! We're glad to hear from you! Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback with us. This motivates us to serve the best to our fans and customers. Regards..
sn130
8/22/15

If you cannot deliver products as per the estimated time quoted in the final bill, why do you estimate at all? I have been waiting for a month to receive items that estimated 14 days as shipping time. In today's time when items are shipped within 1-3 days across the world it is really strange to see such a long waiting time and even that Indianroots cannot meet. Extremely disappointed!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Nehaa! Your feedback really matters to us. We make an attempt to deliver the best to our customers. Request you to please provide your order no. so that we can forward it to our concerned manager and provide you a quick resolution.

beeg17
8/19/15

This has gone beyond a joke now. I see some recent 5 star reviews - obviously not by legitimate customers!

Tip for consumers: The only tip I can suggest is go elsewhere!

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar! We are very sorry to hear about your experience, Bee G. Request you to please share your order number(s) with us so that we can get this resolved right away. Rest assured that a strict action will be taken and we will do our best to have this concern resolved. Regards..
sj240
8/14/15

I have had a very similar experience as other folks shared on this site.One of the items in my order was delayed 4 months, and after several inquires I was told they are unable to secure the item. When I asked for a refund, I was told I can only get a third of the price in store cash. The customer, who has already paid for the item, suffers for the store's lack of responsibility. One of my worst customer service experience - there are better ways to leave your customer wanting to come back and shop at your site.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar S.J.! We're extremely sorry to hear that. We would like you to share your order details with us so that this can be investigated. We are also sharing this feedback of yours with the higher management so that an appropriate action can be taken as per the findings. Hoping to hear from you soon! Regards..
veenar1
8/14/15

Ordered 3 items on July 7th. Got item 1 on July 24th. I mail them asking for items 2 and 3. They say what I have received is item 2; and that they will arrange to ship item 3 soon. I check the courier site (fedex). Item 2 is shown as delivered. Item 1 is still in transit! After countless mails sent, I am still running in circles to make these retards understand what I have received and what I am yet to receive. Such jerks! And they don't even mention the word 'refund'.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Veena! We're very sorry to hear that. Would appreciate if you could please share your order number(s) with us so that this can be looked into & resolved. Once again, we apologize for all the inconvenience you've experienced. Regards..
deepag1
8/9/15

The shipping policy on their website says it takes 10 days to ship within India, but i did not receive my order for weeks and customer service kept saying they r working on it, they after a month they said they do not have that piece and they have to cancel the order, i had ordered the suit for an occasion and were depending on it, now i am not in a situation to buy something else so soon. and the customer service had nothing to do in return just a pretyped apology letter, their service sucks, how can they sell something online that they don't have in stock. I will not recommend online shopping at indianroots.com at all.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Deepa! We apologize for the experience you've had shopping with us. We would like to mention that your feedback is of utmost importance to us. We shared it with our team & as per the confirmation received from our finance team, the refund of US $ 37 against the order number 300037953, has been processed yesterday, dated 10th August '15. However, your bank may take up to 2 business days to reflect the same in your card. Once again we deeply regret for the delay and our endeavor would be to ensure that this does not happen again. Regards..
nehat3
7/22/15

Ihave purchased two products from indiaroots..its been two months now...i am following with them since so long...but absolute ridiculous response....i think its a fake site and they are just to mske money...

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Neha! We're very sorry to hear about the experience you've had shopping with us. We would like to resolve this and would request you to please help us with your order details, so that this can be investigated. Rest assured of a positive resolution on priority. Regards..
abhishekr3
7/21/15

I have not ordered yet from IndianRoots, but I don't think I will. Here's why:

I got an offer email citing 100% "cashback". Now, cashback is "cash" back, not some half-worth store credit. Anyway I know it's too good to be true so I checked your T&C. And there's all the catch. Not only do you not offer any "cash" back, not even 10%, you seem to even not offer a proper customer service policy.

From your T&C from the anniversary sale of 100% "cashback", "The amount paid by the customer will be refunded as store credit voucher, minus shipping charges." No cash is given back anywhere, but ok, you're giving away vouchers. So far, not very bad. But then the fun starts.

You also say, "In cases when product is not available or out of stock when the order is placed, the customer will be refunded with store credit of an equivalent amount". Are you kidding me? You're the first eCommerce company where I've seen such atrocious terms. First of all, you don't know your product inventory; that's bad in itself. Second, you just want to take my money and give me some store credit? Why can't you simply refund the cash into my account? It's not my fault you don't have the product I wanted, and I don't want any other product that you carry so give me my money back.

Finally, your returns policies suck. You state: "Indianroots will refund the paid amount only if the the order at delivery is damaged, faulty or if the order is wrong. No refund will be given by Indianroots if the order has been delivered with the color and size as selected by the customer while placing the order." Have you got no idea of how eCommerce works? We can't say for certain that an apparel will fit me unless I try; and often the stated sizes could be misleading. Almost all eCommerce companies offer a free return policy, no questions asked. For all I know, your size XL is smaller than the L sold at my department store, and you don't offer any level of confidence in ordering.

Oh and it gets better."In the event of the error having occurred on the part of Indianroots, the product can be replaced or the amount can be refunded at the sole discretion of Indianroots." Sole discretion? Dude, if you have committed the error, you have no discretion left. Give the money back, and then, offer some goodies because you screwed up the customer's day. At least make an effort to sound a little bit sincere, and not as if you are sitting there to grab whatever money I have to spend because one day I want to wear some ethnic clothes.

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Abhishek,
We really appreciate your feedback however we would like to clarify point wise to you:
1.) 100% cashback : We consider store credit equivalent to cash and the same can be used by you on any product site vide. Therefore, whatever amount that you will pay for the product purchased during sale time, we will refund equivalent amount to you in terms of store credit.
2.) Incase if product is not available that you originally purchased, we will refund the amount paid by you in your account if the store credit voucher given to you have not been used. Since store credit is equivalent to cash, if incase the voucher is used, then no refund will be done.
3.) We have a size chart which defines small, medium, large, extra large and XXL sizes as per inches for our customer’s assistance. Therefore, referring to that, the size order will be as per your fit. All the size charts are given by brands as per the products that they display. However incase you have ordered a different size than what is delivered, we will accept the return and refund the amount.
4.) We always pray that our customers have an exciting and happy day. However incase due to our mistake, any customer is disappointed, we will go out of way to bring the smile back on customer’s face.
Abhishek, rest assured, when you get the product from us, it will be worth every penny. It will delight you and your loved ones.
aparnam
7/21/15

please be aware that they dont pay for VAT/DUTY CHARGES , FOR OVERSEAS SHIPING....

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Aparna!

We really appreciate your feedback however we would like to clarify that as per our shipping policy, customs and Vat are government taxes and differ from country to country according to the local rules & regulations. These are borne directly by the customer.
For more information, you can also visit our shipping policy page: http://www.indianroots.com/shipping/

Regards..
Team indianroots.com
kwakup
7/18/15

This company is fraud and are just there to make money and destroy Indian companies reputation . Fool and cheat people for their money. Not at all customer friendly, never respond to messages unless you go on their website and they think you want to shop again so they can cheat you. BE AWARE
Bought 4 items from them but they only shipped two and ignore the rest and kept the money never respond to my e-mail about the issue

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Kwaku P.! We're extremely sorry to hear that. We request you to please help us with your order details so that this can be looked into. Regards..
gayathrim
7/13/15

I added three items on sale to cart and when proceeded to pay, the amount was showing as original price and not the discounted price. This is cheating...

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Gayathri! Your feedback is valuable to us. This might have happened due to some technical glitch. We're forwarding this to the concerned team. You may share your customer ID so that we can get this checked on priority.

nehaam
7/10/15

These people are fraud and are just here to make money. Make people fool and cheat them for their money. Not at all customer friendly.
BOYCOTT Indianroots. Shameless fellows

ushas1
7/9/15

I ordered 4 sarees for my 82 yr old mother in law via indian roots on May 29, 2015. Three sarees got delivered in a staggered manner. The fourth one is yet to be despatched. I have since chatted with 6 customer service personnel and each of them offer apologies (!!!) for the inconvenience and a time line of 5-7 days for despatch. Today, I was given a time line of 2 business days for update on the despatch by their customer service associate. I suppose I need to follow up again on the coming Monday!!! Only thing I would want to say, is , order at your own risk and be prepared to keep following up to get ur products. I would definitely think twice before ordering through indian roots. Not worth the headache !

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Usha! We're extremely sorry to hear that. Request you to please share your order details with us so. We will make sure you get a quick resolution for your concern. Please allow us time to get back to you with the updated status.

Team indianroots
jayshreej
7/8/15

Worst, worst online retail experience I ever had. Ordered some products two months back & they are still procuring it. Every time I tried to contact their customer care online or sent a mail, they have always given false promises, that too after collecting huge shipping charges.Pathetic service......

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Jayshree! We're extremely sorry to hear about the experience you've had shopping with us. Please helps us with your order details so that this can be resolved. Regards..
saras79
6/26/15

OMG, IndianRoots is worst site ever I have delt with. Their quality is awful, and they don't stand behind their words. For example I placed order 3 months ago and I have not received my order trying to get refund back, They are giving such a hard time. I will never give them penny of mine. WORST, WORST, WORST

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sara! We apologize for the experience you had while shopping with us. Request you to please provide your order no. so that we can forward it to our concerned manager and provide you a quick resolution.

saip3
6/10/15

Worst shopping experience of my life with indian roots... I ordered some items on feb 25th 2015(prepaid) and after repeated followups some of the items were delivered that too after 35 days.i Now after 3 months that too after repeated enquiries for refund they are telling due to technical error they cannot refund the money to my debit card account and they need all details of my bank account to initiate the refund.Can we trust these people? Liars... cheaters...Negative ratings for the websites..

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sai! We apologize for the experience you had while shopping with us. Request you to please provide your order no. so that we can forward it to our concerned manager. We assure you with a quick resolution.

Team indianroots
sonalia1
5/28/15

Today I received my product from Indiaroots after 6 (SIX) months... yes MONTHS and not days and weeks and that too an INCORRECT product that I was highlighting to their customer support to get corrected.
They always give templatised answers, pretend that they care and will do something and they ABSOLUTELY FAIL TO ACT.
I am a regular online shopper and the experience with indianroots is the WORST. Dont even go to this site, they are 'FRAUD'

Response from indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative
Namaskar Sonali! We're very sorry to hear that. Request you to please share your order details with us so that your concern can be shared with the higher management as well & an appropriate action can be taken on this. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards..
harshg3
5/23/15

Thank you guys for your valuable review and save me from these fakers.

Helpful answer -1

Namaskar Soumya! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We would like to inform you, that the VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes or Import Duties are borne directly by the customer at the time of delivery. These charges are non-governable and they differ in countries, as per the local rules & regulations of customs clearance authorities. We are not sending the products as gifts or samples and shipping the products completely through legal channels.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Mary! WE are sorry for the delay in the dispatch of your order. WE have escalated the issue to our concerned team, kindly allow us 3 business days to share the exact shipping date of your remaining products. Your patience is appreciated. Regards, Team Indianroots

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Kanthi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We have escalated the matter to the concerned manager, please allow us 24 hours to update you the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Sabitha, We sincerely regret for the delay in the dispatch of your order. We have escalated the matter to the concerned team, please allow us 2 business days to share the exact shipping date of your order.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Anees! We are sorry for the experience you had with us. Hope you have received a response on the review posted by you.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

Namaskar Ruchi! We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your order number so that it can be forwarded to the concerned manager for immediate action.

By indianroots h., IndianRoots Representative

I see you were totally ignored but the next person down got a pretty prompt response. Disgusting company

By Bee G.

Questions? Get answers from the IndianRoots staff and other customers.

2 Photos for IndianRoots